Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK (51359 Views)

Apply For 2018 Graduate Trainee Recruitment At GT Bank / NLNG SIWES/IT Application For 2018 January/february Batch / 9 Application Tips For 2018 Mandela Washington Fellowships For Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by rolly86(m): 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hi All

Has anyone been interviewed today for pepple that are supposed to, today.

Kindly share details.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by omohlolly(f): 3:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hi all,

How is the interview going, it is so unfortunate that l could not make it today. Please share your experience with me.

Thanks
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
No one should share any details of the exam. If you do, you shot yourself on the head. The competition is high that one little thing will make you fail and put u in disadvantage.

Moreover, u are promoting examination malpractice. The interview will end on Friday. You can share your experience on Saturday for prospective ones next year.

Let the best win.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Chidon40: 7:06pm On Mar 14, 2018
Lol..People should understand that sharing your experience does not affect your own success.At this stage, You are only competing with people from your zones and it's assumed by now that the zone that were interviewed today has ended so a new different zone will be interviewed tomorrow so you are free to share your experiences.
Thanks
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
Chidon40:
Lol..People should understand that sharing your experience does not affect your own success.At this stage, You are only competing with people from your zones and it's assumed by now that the zone that were interviewed today has ended so a new different zone will be interviewed tomorrow so you are free to share your experiences.
Thanks

No. It does. They are not taking based on states or zones. They did that for ease of schedule.

This is not a Nigeria scholarship with federal character. This is a UK scholarship and final award is made by commonwealth.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by martinagoha: 8:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
U guys ar funny. So, we that has been providing answerable to some peeps during registration atw fools? Nigerian mentality is too poor.
geoarcgis:

No. It does. They are not taking based on states or zones. They did that for ease of schedule.

This is not a Nigeria scholarship with federal character. This is a UK scholarship and final award is made by commonwealth.

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by martinagoha: 8:52pm On Mar 14, 2018
Poor Nigerian mentality. In this case, we would have kept mute to some questions from some peeps during registration period. Go on with ur unrefined mentality.
geoarcgis:
No one should share any details of the exam. If you do, you shot yourself on the head. The competition is high that one little thing will make you fail and put u in disadvantage.

Moreover, u are promoting examination malpractice. The interview will end on Friday. You can share your experience on Saturday for prospective ones next year.

Let the best win.

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
martinagoha:
U guys ar funny. So, we that has been providing answerable to some peeps during registration atw fools? Nigerian mentality is too poor.
Teaching before interview is different from teaching during interview. Teaching before exam is rewarding while teaching during exam is abominable.

You all are looking for expo. Go and prepare what you were answering during registration and stop playing mind games here.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 14, 2018
martinagoha:
Poor Nigerian mentality. In this case, we would have kept mute to some questions from some peeps during registration period. Go on with ur unrefined mentality.
Teaching before interview is different from teaching during interview. Teaching before exam is rewarding while teaching during exam is abominable.

You all are looking for expo. Go and prepare what you were answering during registration and stop playing mind games here.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by JESUSBOY2009(m): 10:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
For those having their interview tomorrow, please don't go straight to Top Rank Hotel, Accreditation takes place at FSB and then Interview at Top Rank Hotel. Just make sure you get your informations right. All the best!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by HenZina: 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2018
geoarcgis:

Your response is puerile. Are we all going for the same course of study?.......For someone like me that was already planning of going to Top Rank Hotels tomorrow, if not for this info from JesusBoy, how would I have known?.......Where have your hoarding of information taken you to?......why are u still where u are today?.....Bro wake up!. I am not a dullard and I believe those asking questions here are not dullards. If someone ask for outcome of today's meeting, if u have it and don't want to say, why not SHUT your mouth and forever remain silence?....

Please at all, is there anyone to confirm what JesusBoy2009 said?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
HenZina:

Your response is puerile. Are we all going for the same course of study?.......For someone like me that was already planning of going to Top Rank Hotels tomorrow, if not for this info from JesusBoy, how would I have known?.......Where have your hoarding of information taken you to?......why are u still where u are today?.....Bro wake up!. I am not a dullard and I believe those asking questions here are not dullards. If someone ask for outcome of today's meeting, if u have it and don't want to say, why not SHUT your mouth and forever remain silence?....

Please at all, is there anyone to confirm what JesusBoy2009 said?

You are a fool. You are a dullard looking for expo
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
JESUSBOY2009:
For those having their interview tomorrow, please don't go straight to Top Rank Hotel, Accreditation takes place at FSB and then Interview at Top Rank Hotel. Just make sure you get your informations right. All the best!!!!
Nice. This is d kind of info that is welcome here. Keep it up bro.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by HenZina: 6:08am On Mar 15, 2018
geoarcgis:

Nice. This is d kind of info that is welcome here. Keep it up bro.

Why are you thanking JesusBoy2009?......He has given us expo....I thought you were frowning at revealing information.....Is that how you want to scale through the interview.....Bro, be guided in thought....Change your mentality....Your first class(if at all that was ur grade) will not take you anywhere with this kind of your mentality.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by martinagoha: 6:49am On Mar 15, 2018
Guys don't forget to go to FSB office first for accreditation. For the interview, prepare well. Do a thorough work on the benefit of the course of study u ar going for to your home country. I met one guy that did his own ystday. Also, know ur current affair. Be lively before the panel ok. Just relax, we wil scale through. All d best.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by rolly86(m): 7:45am On Mar 15, 2018
Some people's attitude stink so much that they need a thorough shower.
Whoever the arcgis is, so you think people asking for how the interview went is "expo?" Seriously queen? Girl bye! I can't even deal with you. You need to go fix yourself.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by dazzlingd(m): 8:16am On Mar 15, 2018
Hello guys, this process has been on for years and will still continue. I remember when I applied then for this scholarship. those talking of expos are obviously newbies in processes like this. This process is definitely far from who does well or blast the interview as you may say because at the end it does not even matter grin.

asking for how the interview went has nothing to do with expo...common guys and be helpful to one another. The whole accreditation can be so stressful and disorganised.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 15, 2018
HenZina:

Why are you thanking JesusBoy2009?......He has given us expo....I thought you were frowning at revealing information.....Is that how you want to scale through the interview.....Bro, be guided in thought....Change your mentality....Your first class(if at all that was ur grade) will not take you anywhere with this kind of your mentality.
Information of logistics is quite different from you knowing all the questions your fellow competitor was asked.

Wise up boy.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 15, 2018
dazzlingd:
Hello guys, this process has been on for years and will still continue. I remember when I applied then for this scholarship. those talking of expos are obviously newbies in processes like this. This process is definitely far from who does well or blast the interview as you may say because at the end it does not even matter grin.

asking for how the interview went has nothing to do with expo...common guys and be helpful to one another. The whole accreditation can be so stressful and disorganised.

Yes. Very stressful. Some people who were accredited yesterday are currently doing interview. All of them didn't do yesterday as d crowd was much.

So it b wise that prospective ones should come early.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2018
rolly86:
Some people's attitude stink so much that they need a thorough shower.
Whoever the arcgis is, so you think people asking for how the interview went is "expo?" Seriously queen? Girl bye! I can't even deal with you. You need to go fix yourself.
Mind your business dear. If u like tell everyone your questions ok. I love equality. You complain about corruption and you are stamping it.

Hypocrite.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 15, 2018
martinagoha:
Guys don't forget to go to FSB office first for accreditation. For the interview, prepare well. Do a thorough work on the benefit of the course of study u ar going for to your home country. I met one guy that did his own ystday. Also, know ur current affair. Be lively before the panel ok. Just relax, we wil scale through. All d best.

So in your mind, u are a hero abi. What u don't know is that no one gives a damn about you but their own benefit.

If actually that guy knows u are a snake who will come to Nairaland thereby reducing his and those people that did chances, I am very sure he won't tell you.

Just because you have not done and I am sure you will read, cram and know it making you more relaxed and confident. You let a nice man down. Remember KARMA.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DXXMI: 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
Hmmmmmm
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by rolly86(m): 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2018
I wonder how certain people can be so full of shit!

Like, do you mean you still have that primary and secondary school competitive attitude? And you are supposed to be going for a Masters or PhD?

Lighting up other people's candle does not dim yours or prevent it from shining brighter. Or what are you afraid of?

It is people like you who stay hungry cos they keep having beef with other people while they got none in their refrigerator. I guess that is why you are so mad and bitter.

Before you call me a hypocrite, know me first. Or better still, don't. If I wanted to read you, I would have asked why you are still here with your geoarcgis when your mates are working at ESRI or are the software developers, if you even know what ESRI means, but I would not bother myself because life has already read you, so girl again, bye!
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by ama32: 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
Na WA, please where exactly is FSB and where do I tell a cab I'm going to? Federal scholarship board or ministry of education??
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by rolly86(m): 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
ama32:
Na WA, please where exactly is FSB and where do I tell a cab I'm going to? Federal scholarship board or ministry of education??

Just tell the cab Arewa Suites at Central Area. FSB is opppsite Arewa Suites
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by ama32: 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2018
OK thank you.
rolly86:

Just tell the cab Arewa Suites at Central Area. FSB is opppsite Arewa Suites
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2018
rolly86:
I wonder how certain people can be so full of shit!

Like, do you mean you still have that primary and secondary school competitive attitude? And you are supposed to be going for a Masters or PhD?

Lighting up other people's candle does not dim yours or prevent it from shining brighter. Or what are you afraid of?

It is people like you who stay hungry cos they keep having beef with other people while they got none in their refrigerator. I guess that is why you are so mad and bitter.

Before you call me a hypocrite, know me first. Or better still, don't. If I wanted to read you, I would have asked why you are still here with your geoarcgis when your mates are working at ESRI or are the software developers, if you even know what ESRI means, but I would not bother myself because life has already read you, so girl again, bye!

You sound like a romon in drugs. For a woman to make u roar like a pig and check my previous posts shows that u are a weakling trembling with fear.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by rolly86(m): 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2018
She actually is a woman? I thought you are a man!

But then! Stupidity knows no gender

She stays quoting my posts

grin grin grin

I didn't know I bothered a b*tch
I'm sorry!
B*tch come get some hug
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by ama32: 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2018
Biko stop quarelling with that lady and tell us what the process is like
rolly86:
She actually is a woman? I thought you are a man!

But then! Stupidity knows no gender

She stays quoting my posts

grin grin grin

I didn't know I bothered a b*tch
I'm sorry!
B*tch come get some hug
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by dazzlingd(m): 5:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
geoarcgis:

So in your mind, u are a hero abi. What u don't know is that no one gives a damn about you but their own benefit.

If actually that guy knows u are a snake who will come to Nairaland thereby reducing his and those people that did chances, I am very sure he won't tell you.

Just because you have not done and I am sure you will read, cram and know it making you more relaxed and confident. You let a nice man down. Remember KARMA.

There is nothing in his post that can reduce anybody's chance. This scholarship has been on for years and the pattern is a common knowledge.

You should have nothing to fear because at the end it does not even matter. The current affairs questions are so random and two people hardly get the same question. Then of course, the questions on the importance of your course of study to national development is highly expected. But like I said, at then end, even when you think you have done outstandingly well, it's no assurance for a slot.
However, this should be the least of your problem, you should be more worried about those who are currently at home and while you are battling to be accredited and interviewed, they will still get nominated ahead of you.

All the best
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
dazzlingd:

There is nothing in his post that can reduce anybody's chance. This scholarship has been on for years and the pattern is a common knowledge.

You should have nothing to fear because at the end it does not even matter. The current affairs questions are so random and two people hardly get the same question. Then of course, the questions on the importance of your course of study to national development is highly expected. But like I said, at then end, even when you think you have done outstandingly well, it's no assurance for a slot.
However, this should be the least of your problem, you should be more worried about those who are currently at home and while you are battling to be accredited and interviewed, they will still get nominated ahead of you.

All the best

The guy is a foolish nincompoop. Toilet paper in poop has more value than him. He is busy looking for expo till now. He is pained I discouraged people from posting. Strive hard lazy goat.

Nice input bro. There are other scholarship around you guys can benefit from. I too don't even put mind in this scholarship but it changed last year.

Two of my freinds (First Class and Distinction in MSc) got it for PhD. And one other guy with Second Class Upper with award and publications got it for MSc.

If you can write GRE, do so for USA. Try and score above 320. I have secured free tuition funding for Texas A and M but I need stipend. Still waiting for other options though. But some people above 300 secured free tuition and stipend. So your overall application counts.

You have to acquire something special to pull you out of the crowd.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by rolly86(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2018
ama32:
Biko stop quarelling with that lady and tell us what the process is like

Lol!
Yeye dey smell for jankara market.
You'd have to do your accrditation at Federal Scholarship Board. Make sure you have your photocopies and originals as clearly stated. Photocopies should be placed in two separate envelopes. You will be placed in panels according to your discipline. It is pasted on the wall at FSB.
Then proceed to Top Rank for the interview. Write your nam when you get in and wait for your panel to be called.
Questions: Current Affairs and Relevance of your course to Nigeria's development.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers / Nigerian Army Has Released The Name For Shortlisted Candidate For Rri71 2014 / FG Survival Fund: I Missed Their Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.