Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK (51328 Views)

Apply For 2018 Graduate Trainee Recruitment At GT Bank / NLNG SIWES/IT Application For 2018 January/february Batch / 9 Application Tips For 2018 Mandela Washington Fellowships For Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by dothjiz: 11:01am On Mar 03, 2018
please note that the interview is not holding on Monday 05, March 2018. I just called the number on the PDF document. Someone should please confirm this, before people start traveling down to Abuja.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by dothjiz: 11:03am On Mar 03, 2018
Fikkybash:
I did upload the data page of my international passport to and no image appeared on my PDF version of the application . I printed it like that anyway. Plus my passport just expired and I am still in the process of procuring another. I hope this doesnt break the rules.

Anyone staying around Abuja or familiar with Abuja should kindly help with locations of cheap motel/guest where one can sleep while in town for the interview. Please, I really need this information. I cant afford more than 4k per night o...

Please call the number on the PDF, I believe the interview has been rescheduled.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by dothjiz: 11:06am On Mar 03, 2018
Judias:

Then why all the fake news that the interview has started since yesterday? I just tire for this country because I saw 5th March for accreditation and 6th March for interview (southwest).

please put a call through to the number on your PDF, from the current info it seems the interview has been rescheduled.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Kawlingz: 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2018
dothjiz:
please note that the interview is not holding on Monday 05, March 2018. I just called the number on the PDF document. Someone should please confirm this, before people start traveling down to Abuja.

The interview was never slated for Monday 5th of March. Interviews commence on Tuesday 6th of March. Only accreditation will take place on Monday. There is no postponement information on their website neither has any SMS been sent to applicants in this regard(as was the case for the BEA scholarship). So please, continue with all travel preparations until otherwise stated.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Renny111: 2:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
Kawlingz:

The interview was never slated for Monday 5th of March. Interviews commence on Tuesday 6th of March. Only accreditation will take place on Monday. There is no postponement information on their website neither has any SMS been sent to applicants in this regard(as was the case for the BEA scholarship). So please, continue with all travel preparations until otherwise stated.
please oo don't continue travel preparation a few of us have put a call tru to fsb nd dey were told it has being postponed, dat we should watch out for new dates so please kindly wait till tomorrow cos according to them dey can't decide till Monday. Dats wat I heard though.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2018
IMPORTANT NOTICE ON NIGERIA FSB COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP SLATED FOR MARCH 5TH TO 9TH 2018.

I just got a classified information that it has been postponed that no interview will take place next week. So those who plan to travel should not.

Call the number in the scholarship link (http://education.gov.ng/images/bulletin/com_thad.pdf) to confirm and get update: +2348059108998
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 2:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
APPLY TO 2018 COMMONWEALTH SHARED MSC SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED UK UNIVERSITIES AND COURSES

https://www.nairaland.com/4378569/apply-2018-commonwealth-shared-msc#65526882
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by martinagoha: 3:10pm On Mar 03, 2018
Guys, there is a new development. I just called this line: 08059108998, from FSB. He said the accreditation n interview won't hold on Mon but that I should call on Monday to get the new date. Pls do call to confirm too. Wish u all d best
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by oophemi: 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2018
Fikkybash:

Okay. Not all UK schools insist on IELTS/TOEFL though. Some accepts WAEC/NECO as substitute. But if your school insists, you have to meet it.

Please, anyone with information should kindly educate us on the interview process.

Hi bro. Can you pls let me know which of the Uk schools you know that offer Chemical Engineering (MSc) and do not require TOEFL/IELTS.
Thanks. Please reply.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by dothjiz: 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2018
oophemi:

Hi bro. Can you pls let me know which of the Uk schools you know that offer Chemical Engineering (MSc) and do not require TOEFL/IELTS.
Thanks. Please reply.
h

University of Leicester accepts WAEC certificate for Language Proficiency, but I can't tell if Chem Engr is available at the school and also I believe registration is closed on the aes portal
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by OrdinaryGirl: 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
martinagoha:
Guys, there is a new development. I just called this line: 08059108998, from FSB. He said the accreditation n interview won't hold on Mon but that I should call on Monday to get the new date. Pls do call to confirm too. Wish u all d best
It would have been ideal to communicate new dates (if any) earlier, some candidates would be in town already. I sincerely hope this is not true.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by comey2020: 10:33pm On Mar 03, 2018
Please is there anybody with an idea behind how many slots are available for this years' round? Is there any hope for transparency? Did anyone knows someone who ever get this scholarship?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by danny34(m): 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
oophemi:

I wish could accommodate you. Sorry bro I'm also squatting ni o.

So they accept conditional offer right even without having written toefl/ielts?

But I used to think we Nigerians do not need toefl/ielts to enter UK schools.

Please anyone can reply me. Thanks

Yes but not all schools.... London South Bank University granted me unconditional with waec, university of Bradford too
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by comey2020: 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
I got an unconditional offers from the Royal Holloway University, University of Nottingham and Sheffield Hallam University with NECO.
oophemi:

Thanks. Please reply.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by sunergy08: 7:30am On Mar 04, 2018
Can I be considered based on a conditional offer?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by comey2020: 10:35am On Mar 04, 2018
Anyone with some facts to these questions?
comey2020:
Please is there anybody with an idea behind how many slots are available for this years' round? Is there any hope for transparency? Did anyone knows someone who ever get this scholarship?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by comey2020: 10:38am On Mar 04, 2018
No, they need unconditional offer ( I mean academic conditions like English). However, other conditions that are financial are accepted.
sunergy08:
Can I be considered based on a conditional offer?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 11:57am On Mar 04, 2018
comey2020:
No, they need unconditional offer ( I mean academic conditions like English). However, other conditions that are financial are accepted.
@sunergy08
He will be considered for the interview. But when u get selected, you will have to get unconditional university offer at a specified date otherwise, you will lose your scholarship spot. Now, just focus on the interview
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 11:58am On Mar 04, 2018
MummyIMadeIt:

The Man, please I need a scholarship option for PhD, can I still go Tru common wealth shared..

Help a broda
The commonwealth shared is only for MSc. Below is a PhD and MSc Scholarship opportunity in China.

APPLY FOR 2018 CHINESE GOVERNMENT FULL SCHOLARSHIP

Requirements

For PhD, Masters Degree with 3.0/5.0 can be considered.
For MSc, BSc 2.2 and HND holders with Postgraduate diploma are eligible

STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY FOR 2018 CHINESE GOVERNMENT FULL SCHOLARSHIP

Having previously won the scholarship, I have written a detailed description on how to apply in the link below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15UysHXUbOneb0pgIdMh2ovV_DxLcjE4u/view?usp=drivesdk

OTHER USEFUL LINKS FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP

CHINESE UNIVERSITIES AGENCY NUMBER
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13lRa2uBGK0W6dpj2FGyhUxKhW-k_o-KL

CHINESE MEDICAL FORM DOWNLOAD
http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/ywzn/lsyw/vpna/rap/W020110807201675371788.pdf

CHINESE MSC AND PHD PROGRAMS TAUGHT IN ENGLISH
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xgKKuhOXH-SwVnRL7mGGcRrNSPo_SZeG/view?usp=drivesdk

From DMainMan
PTDF Scholar
CEO DMainMan and Zeltney Enterprises/Consult,
https://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation/
https://dmainmanconsult.com/[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Dex4(m): 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2018
As a matter of fact, people should take this info seriously. I called the 2nd number on the print out (08188862281),and was told categorically by the nice woman on the other end that we all should hold on for more info as no interview will commence this week. We had same issue last week in Ibadan for the BEA scholarship. So, y'all should triple check before heading to Abj o.

DMainMan:
IMPORTANT NOTICE ON NIGERIA FSB COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP SLATED FOR MARCH 5TH TO 9TH 2018.

I just got a classified information that it has been postponed that no interview will take place next week. So those who plan to travel should not.

Call the number in the scholarship link (http://education.gov.ng/images/bulletin/com_thad.pdf) to confirm and get update: +2348059108998
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by ggoldmine: 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
DMainMan:

@sunergy08
He will be considered for the interview. But when u get selected, you will have to get unconditional university offer at a specified date otherwise, you will lose your scholarship spot. Now, just focus on the interview

Hello. pls, do you have any idea when the Chinese MOFCOM scholarship application will commence? I noticed that for the Chinese government scholarship, you not only pay for application fee for your choice university, you also pay for your flight to China when awarded the scholarship.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by oophemi: 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
DMainMan:

@sunergy08

Hi bro,
DMainMan. Please do you have an idea of the format of the interview? Please reply.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by oophemi: 4:17pm On Mar 04, 2018
DMainMan:
APPLY TO 2018 COMMONWEALTH SHARED MSC SCHOLARSHIP IN SELECTED UK UNIVERSITIES AND COURSES

https://www.nairaland.com/4378569/apply-2018-commonwealth-shared-msc#65526882

Hi bro,
Please can we that have applied for the other commonwealth waiting for interview this week (all things being equal) still apply for the shared scholarship?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Hadeh101: 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
The message has been updated on their website. Commonwealth scholarship interview has been postponed indefinitely. Applicants are to check site from time to time for new dates. Please inform others so they don't hit the road in vain. I care.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by martinagoha: 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
Everyone pls go to their official website. The message has been announced officially
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by comey2020: 8:30pm On Mar 04, 2018
Details of the indefinite postponement is here: http://www.education.gov.ng/images/bulletin/date_view.pdf
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by danny34(m): 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2018
SCHOLARSHIP BOARD

2018/2019 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIP PLAN (CSFP) INTERVIEW DATES POSTPONED INDEFINITELY

#source:edu.gov.ng
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by FixNaija(m): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
Can one Stoll apply for the scholarship? Also, I applied for admission in one of those UK uinversities and I'm yet to be offered admission. Can I go ahead with application for the scholarship?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Hadeh101: 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2018
FixNaija:
Can one Stoll apply for the scholarship? Also, I applied for admission in one of those UK uinversities and I'm yet to be offered admission. Can I go ahead with application for the scholarship?
I guess the scholarship application is closed since 22/02/2018.
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by rolly86(m): 3:05am On Mar 05, 2018
I just arrived Abuja yesterday.

Why are they like this?
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by DMainMan: 3:45am On Mar 05, 2018
oophemi:

Hi bro,
Please can we that have applied for the other commonwealth waiting for interview this week (all things being equal) still apply for the shared scholarship?

Of course, u can
Re: Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK by Riwolizzy: 7:42am On Mar 05, 2018
Anyone on in Abuja already?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers / Nigerian Army Has Released The Name For Shortlisted Candidate For Rri71 2014 / FG Survival Fund: I Missed Their Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.