Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? (49022 Views)

Charles Idahosa: Oshiomhole Wants To Be VP To A Northern Presidential Candidate / Amaechi Fainted, Was On Drip As Osinbajo Was Made VP To Buhari - Magnus Abe / Buhari To Travel Tonight For Medical Followup. VP To Takeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by tifany89(m): 7:51am On Dec 14, 2017
Yyeske:
Igbos hate to vote other Igbos but will turn around blaming others after election
Guy what's your problem ? Why are you spamming the thread with this your nonsense ? Why are human beings difficult like this , simple question and instead of you to make your choice and move on like others before you , you want to spoil the thread with your foolishness .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by tifany89(m): 7:52am On Dec 14, 2017
Mynd44:

Same way Yorubas didn't vote Obasanjo.

Regions will vote parties they can related to Ojukwu came out under APGA ( stand corrected) which is the reason he lost. If he was under PDP, he would win.

The SS and to some extend SE sees the PDP as their own and they relate more with it. Same way, Lagos folks has always been with AD, ACN, AC, And APC.

Same way, it does not matter who you are, if you are PDP in Lagos, you are wasting your money
School him plz

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by Yyeske(m): 8:01am On Dec 14, 2017
tifany89:

Guy what's your problem ? Why are you spamming the thread with this your nonsense ? Why are human beings difficult like this , simple question and instead of you to make your choice and move on like others before you , you want to spoil the thread with your foolishness .
People like you are my problem, you always live in denial.

Pray tell, have ndigbo ever voted for an Igbo person for president or vice in the present dispensation?

Your insult would be taken lightly now but don't expect it next time
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by Yyeske(m): 8:05am On Dec 14, 2017
shallysgirl:
Go hang.
Go hug a wet transformer
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by Yyeske(m): 8:05am On Dec 14, 2017
shallysgirl:
Why are you going mad here?Is the pain unbearable?
E pepper am

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by apharm(m): 8:16am On Dec 14, 2017
NaijaElba:
You all will be deceiving yourself if you think the PDP will field igbo person as VP candidate. why do you think Fayose and Wike sold the Yoruba man (Prof. Adeniran) out of PDP chairmanship position? it is to clear way for Fayose as VP. .They don't want the Chairmanship and VP position to come from the same region. The highest postion igbo will settle for is senate president. as for now, the VP position will go to SW using Fayose.
The PDP chairman is not from the SE.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by HustMelo: 8:18am On Dec 14, 2017
I think Late Ekwueme was the best VP Nigeria ever had. So i will suggest any of the children of former vice president Late Ekwueme
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by apharm(m): 8:25am On Dec 14, 2017
defashan:
No ibo person should be exalted to that position. Those on the list are the same. They are all visionless. There is too much division and hatred amongst ibos.If at all there should be, it has to be chidoka.

He is young and does not speak Aba and ibo made English like the rest.i give it to him, I never knew an ibo man could express himself so beautifully.

Iweala with all her education and travels still talks like a garri seller. Obi speaks horribly with a crackle, he shrieks annoyingly when he speaks. Soludo is proper aba iron must obey speaker.
Did anyone hear Tony Nwoye speak during the debate? I felt so embarrassed that someone I share country with should be aspiring to such position without knowing how to convey his thoughts or even how to pronounce lots of words.

Free education for all of ibos.
Shut the Fvck up
how does Buhari speak yet he's our president

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by Bhol28: 9:55am On Dec 14, 2017
NaijaElba:

because they dont like been told the truth....they are not brilliant enough to read political moves and permutations....reason they are always been left out at the end. All they are good at is making silly noise online. useless set of unintelligent Igbos. So if PDP field failure ATIKU AND FAYOSE who will they vote for again? hehehehehehehe.......the game is just starting jere.....The reasonable people here on NL let 's keep our fingers crossed and see how things unfold. I know year 2018 apart from been world cup year will be really interesting.
Imagine,Someone is recommending Bianca for VP,Are we talking of beauty contest here

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by mentorandfriend(m): 10:01am On Dec 14, 2017
roscoman:
If PDP make a mistake to choose Vice President from the Southwest zone of Nigeria the party is finished in 2019.

You would agree with me that Southwest has just lost PDP chairmanship position to South south due to lack of Internal democracy among S/W party chairmanship aspirants coming to the convention ground with so many aspirants.

Another reason why S/W lost PDP national chairman to S/S was because of some people selfish and personal interest, they collaborates and cooperates to sale out the the party Chairmanship to S/S.

But the question is that can Wine and Zecondus do it alone ?.

But as it is, if PDP should make a mistake to take next Vice President from the S/W zone PDP is finished in the zone completely.

If Buhari decided to choose Tinubu as his running mate for 2019 elections, S/W would rather votes for APC because is there son is the next potential vice president.

I know Atiku Abubakar is a politician, statician and some other leaders and tinktank from PDP that knows the implications of leaving Southwest just like that would not do so.

Governor Wike was trying to do as if he understand this political calculations more than S/W people,but he did not, as he was talking embarrassing Southwest people, delegates to the just concluded PDP national convention leaders and elders he would soon see.

When the ships are down Wike would eat is vomit. Where was Wike when Chief Olabode George and some other eminent Nigerians formed and fund PDP in 1998, where was Wike when Bode George was military governor of Ondo state before Ekiti was established out of Ondo state in 80s. I am sure Wike would still be in secondary school then, Wike should know that Yoruba don't abused, or speak an abusive language to our elders. So Wike should be call to order.

Worth of note is that, S/W was the most educated, exposed with alots of intectual acumen so either PDP or APC that give us opportunity to nominates Vice President in 2019, we have a lot of people that were over qualify for the job and task ahead.

Finally, Vice Presidential position is the only post PDP can be used to appease to the people of S/W come 2019. I rest my case

You said so much, but made little sense. Why is that?
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by mentorandfriend(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2017
Kellysms:

yea....that's the real point.... governors are more respected then the president ....when it comes to election.... the Ekiti state gov...and Rivers... really planed everything well..... the VP... will be zoned to the SW..... and the only candidate eligible enough. is the Ekiti state gov......

Picking a South westerner as VP is political suicide for PDP. PDP knows that south south and south east will counteract anything south west throws up, so why throw away your stronghold where you're guaranteed of block votes, for south west who have never voted in block for a single candidate since the 4th republic?

South West should stick with APC please. There are millions of South easterners and south southerners in Lagos who will dilute APC block votes from the south west, in addition to the fact that Ekiti is 100% PDP.
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by JMAQ(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2017
Peter Obi is the best bet for this VP job

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by madridsta007(m): 11:00am On Dec 14, 2017
Bagehot:

Yorubas voted for Falae over Obasanjo cos they felt Falae being ex-NADECO and Afenifere was more of their own, as against Obasanjo who was hand-picked by Hausas. Please don't misrepresent facts.

Of course you would rationalise the reason why Obasanjo a Yoruba wasnt voted by Yorubas.
The Igbos could also rationalise the reason why they felt it was not politically expedient to vote for Ojukwu under APGA as well. I hope you can concede that they have the right to rationalise and explain as you have done above?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by madridsta007(m): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2017
Okoroawusa:

u see what I said abt missing ur blessing?
First,buhari did not" singlehandedly" take Nigeria into recession.If you follow economic trends very well u will know that recession was a
long way coming.
Second,"double-digit" inflation did not start with Buhari.It has been d pre-occupation of every finance minister ,perhaps,before Okonjo Iweala to bring inflation down to single-digit.
I hope I ve been able to enlighten u...

Well sir, let me tell you a thing or two about economics.
Nigeria's recession was driven largely by the withdrawal of FDI and the cancellation of potential investments by foreign and local investors. Not low commodity prices, as low commodity prices also affected other countries in Africa and not just Nigeria. When there is lack of clarity in the polity investors and companies are NORMALLY cautious and work immediately to put some clarity. That is why Britain has continued with its economic plans for 2017 and 2018, despite Brexit; that is why Kenya insisted that their second election, despite the credibility issues, must stand. CNN and Kenya's Statistics body had reported that Kenya elections cost the elections between $1bn to $2bn. You think if they had waited for 6 months for ministers or policy statements, after that expensive election, they wouldnt have gone into recession? Of course they would have, especially as their economy is largely tourism-dependent. But Kenyans are smarter. There was a sense of "hit the ground running" and Kenyatta got on with the job.

For Nigeria, it was different. Having come out of an election which cost the economy billions, as elections in the Global South are wont to do, we had a President who went to sleep and you citizens did nothing. For 6 months, no cabinet ministers were appointed; there were no policy statement on key areas of the economy; when statements came out, they were either conflicting or unreasonable. There was no consistency in policy as regards FOREX. Today, we heard of Yuan swap deal, tomorrow we heard that it didnt exist. Companies, thus could not recruit, because of the instability and unclarity. Nigeria moved from the 2nd country in Africa with the largest FDI to outside the top 10. Investors basically withdrew their money. No investment of any medium or large kind is done without a modicum of certainty- would you dip your hard-earned billions when the economic climate is uncertain? Of course not. In the light of the capital flight and what I mentioned, of course there was going to be high inflation and recession.

The recession was man-made and most people in Nigeria with a decent knowledge of economics and globalisation, knew this. Sadly, Nigeria has become a very politically-partisan space and hence, educated people either fed the propaganda or kept quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 14, 2017
raker300:
I choose peter obi;

He has great business acumen.

He doesn't take rubbish from anyone eg; el rufai put on house arrest in anambra.

He stingy to himself and everybody
grin let Nigerians try female VP Dr Mrs NOI. abeg.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by shallysgirl: 11:58am On Dec 14, 2017
Danladi7:

Because all other regions are zombies who have been programmed to behave in a fixed manner.

Under democracy for that matter!.....A tribe is adopting a party and not even Mnamdi kanu or ojukwu APGA but party of babangida and co who massacred 3000 000 of them during the civil war.Yeye peoplegrin
Leave,we forgive them,at least they dont rub it our face like you do.Everyone will die some day.
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by Alexander001(m): 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2017
shallysgirl:

You definitely are not igbo or if you are,you arent a credible igbo person.
really? oziokwu bu ndu. I don't know what you mean by "credible igbo". I don't have to prove anything.
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2017
madridsta007:

Of course you would rationalise the reason why Obasanjo a Yoruba wasnt voted by Yorubas.
The Igbos could also rationalise the reason why they felt it was not politically expedient to vote for Ojukwu under APGA as well. I hope you can concede that they have the right to rationalise and explain as you have done above?

I'm not in an argument with you over whether or not, Igbos vote for fellow Igbos. I'm simply stating why Obasanjo was not voted for in SW. Honestly, I can't be bothered by political permutations that wont make a difference to my circumstances.
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by madridsta007(m): 12:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
Bagehot:

I'm not in an argument with you over whether or not, Igbos vote for fellow Igbos. I'm simply stating why Obasanjo was not voted for in SW. Honestly, I can't be bothered by political permutations that wont make a difference to my circumstances.

Same here. It was important, though, that I made that clarification. It is oversimplifying the complex nature of politics to say that Igbos dont vote for Igbos based on a one-off politically unreasonable instance. I could say, as well, that Yorubas do not vote for intellectuals using the Wole Soyinka example of 2010- he was elected the National Chairman of The Democratic Front in 2010 and he received no support from Yorubas for a Presidential attempt! But that would be very simplistic. Same with this "Igbos dont vote for fellow Igbos.". Silly, naive and simplistic.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by NaijaElba(m): 1:19pm On Dec 14, 2017
Bhol28:
Imagine,Someone is recommending Bianca for VP,Are we talking of beauty contest here

that is when you will know how confused they are....
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by NaijaElba(m): 1:22pm On Dec 14, 2017
Otunba2004:
if PDP make that silly mistake to take fayose as VP PDP will kiss the dust,,,, my analysis goes like this,,, South westerners did not like fayose at all except Ekiti people so if PDP have it in mind that fayose will deliver South West for them,, they have made a great mistake.

it's only the illiterate in Ekiti that are supporting him. I am from Ekiti and I know what's sup in my state. The same way SW people turned down Obasanjo in 1999 that's what will happen to Fayose if PDP field him. I believe he will lost Ekiti state to APC in 2018 election.
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by NaijaElba(m): 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
[quote author=emmie14 post=63263669][/quote]

your stupid vote doesn't count.....
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by Zonacom(m): 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
mentorandfriend:
There is no denying the fact that the Buhari led APC administration who won the 2015 presidential elections on popular support has done fairly well; yet going by their campaign promises, it is far below expectations. Nigerians are sighing with disappointment more than 2 years on. This has opened the door to PDP to try to retake power come 2019. They have started this by trying to put their house in order, starting from their successful national convention to elect their leaders last weekend.

As expected, the PDP has zoned its presidential ticket to the north, and if feelers are anything to go by, then the south east might get the nod to produce the VP.

Which one person in the south east do you think enjoys national acceptance, either from the public or private sector who can help PDP retake power if given the VP slot.

My opinion: Add yours, or argue for and against the people below.

1) Osita Chidoka. Aside the fact that he seems clean, and scored points from the purists in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial elections for his refusal to share money to voters, urging voters to vote their conscience, the former FRSC boss and Minister of Aviation is a very sellable candidate. His youthfulness, eloquence, vibrance, intelligence, and character will come to fore to help PDP as 2019 campaign gathers steam.

2) Dr Mrs Okonjo Iweala. The highly cerebral economist served two terms as finance minister of Nigeria (2003 - 2006, 2011 - 2015) and was previous managing director of the world bank (2007 - 2011). Perhaps her biggest achievement as Nigeria's finance minister was negotiating and securing the Paris club debt relief for Nigeria during her first stint as federal minister of finance.

She currently chairs the Board of Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) and the African Risks Capacity at WB. She's also a senior advisor at Lazard and is respected across the breadth of the country.

3) Oby Ezekwesili. A chattered accountant, she has served as Nigeria's minister of solid minerals and later, minister of education where she swept the ministry with far reaching reforms. She served as World Bank's VP, Africa Division from May 2007 - May 2012. She's also a tornado on the social media and her BBOG campaign support has earned her a nationalist personality and love from Nigerians who identify and sympathise with the plight of the Chibok girls and the ongoing problems facing North Eastern Nigeria.

4) Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo. Probably Africa's best brain in macro economics, he was appointed CBN Governor from May 29th 2004 to May 29th 2009 where his best work was bank capitalisation and consolidation, yielding 25 strong Nigerian banks from over 300 banks. He's presently a consultant to the UN and a visiting lecturer to several foreign universities. He still enjoys popular support among Nigerians as a brainy chap that can solve Nigeria's Balance of Trade problems in an economy heavily dependant on exportation.

5) Mr Peter Obi. Former Governor of Anambra state. He created an indelible legacy through ANIDS (Anambra Integrated Development Strategy) where all sectors where enjoying attention simultaneously. Famed for his frugality, he saved up an alleged 70 billion naira in cash and assets for Anambra state as stated in his handover notes. He enjoys popular support from Ndi Anambra, Igbos and Nigerians.

6) Senator Ike Ekweremadu. Nigeria's deputy senate president. There's no disputing the fact that he is a popular figure amongst his colleagues, and enjoys some level of leadership and respect within the PDP structure. He has both the financial muscle and the goodwill across the country from his colleagues in the Red Chambers to mobilise support for PDP in 2019.

Written by mentorandfriend for nairaland politics section.
Is Okonjo Iweala from the South East?
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by emmie14: 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2017
NaijaElba:

your stupid vote doesn't count.....
I don't have voters nonsense card. Have never registered for vote in your useless nonviable country. I don't live in Nigeria. Just that I am born there ok. You useless your voting power.
Civilized world politicians doesn't use good road water and electricity as campaign and manifesto. They talk about security of life and property. Growing of GPD. Interest rates, Tax reduction and related issues. Improved healthcare system and medical aids. So vote for your perpetual backwardness. Nonsense.
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by emmie14: 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
Zonacom:

Is Okonjo Iweala from the South East?
She married an engineer from umuahia, Abia state. She maybe born in heaven I care not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by NaijaElba(m): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
emmie14:

I don't have voters nonsense card. Have never registered for vote in your useless nonviable country. I don't live in Nigeria. Just that I am born there ok. You useless your voting power.
Civilized world politicians doesn't use good road water and electricity as campaign and manifesto. They talk about security of life and property. Growing of GPD. Interest rates, Tax reduction and related issues. Improved healthcare system and medical aids. So vote for your perpetual backwardness. Nonsense.

if you think I leave in Nigeria or I have voters card you are making huge mistake. I have travelled around the world, I have seen how things work. If you claimed not to leave in Nigeria (despite your exposure and OT) and u still want the useless party that rules for 16 solid years without any meaningful achievement to come back to power that means you are daft. APC have not even completed their first term and you people are condemning them just because you don't like Buhari. As for me, I don't support any of the two evil parties because of the kinda politics they play. I have followed politics around the world and I see how politics is being played not the type your immature politicians play in Nigeria. From your assertions it's obvious you want PDP in power, I am from Fayose's state and I know with him as PDP VP candidate PDP will not have any vote in SW. The SW people are too brilliant than allowing one useless tug to rule them.
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by Bimpe29: 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
They are all Cash Cows apart from Ike Ekweremadu.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by nonye6194: 12:00am On Dec 15, 2017
mentorandfriend:

Number 3 picture is Oby Ezekwesili. You mean she's not sellable? How please. I'm listening.

plan is to actually SELL her to guinea republic
Re: Who Is The Most Sellable Person In The South East If PDP Zones VP To Se? by emmie14: 6:43am On Dec 15, 2017
NaijaElba:

if you think I leave in Nigeria or I have voters card you are making huge mistake. I have travelled around the world, I have seen how things work. If you claimed not to leave in Nigeria (despite your exposure and OT) and u still want the useless party that rules for 16 solid years without any meaningful achievement to come back to power that means you are daft. APC have not even completed their first term and you people are condemning them just because you don't like Buhari. As for me, I don't support any of the two evil parties because of the kinda politics they play. I have followed politics around the world and I see how politics is being played not the type your immature politicians play in Nigeria. From your assertions it's obvious you want PDP in power, I am from Fayose's state and I know with him as PDP VP candidate PDP will not have any vote in SW. The SW people are too brilliant than allowing one useless tug to rule them.

You got it all wrong. Am not talking about party politics. I am particularly interested in the credibility of the next president. Who is he or she?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obasanjo & Founder Of Celestial Church Oshoffa Sharing A Meal (Throwback) / Statement From PDP Governorship Candidate Who Allegedly Removed Transformer / EFCC Has Arrested Uyiekpen Giwa-Osagie, Atiku's Lawyer — Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.