Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport (9007 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Governor Abubakar Standing In Airport Shuttle Bus / Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Robotnik: 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2010

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 31, 2010
LOL heard it on news, laughed my head off
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Amjustme: 11:26pm On Mar 31, 2010
i heard dis on nta news and i was so shocked dat a thibg like dis happened. Again thank GOD.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Robotnik: 11:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
Its not a matter of "thank God", how did the idiot run into the tarmac, what were the security agents doing, what about security cameras and other monitoring gadgets
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2010
Is this real? Which kind terrorist be this one?
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 01, 2010
So the ekaettes too have suddenly become terrorists.mumu,instead of him to hijack a plane,he rammed into it.that guy need to be flogged for stupidity
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by real4life: 12:29am On Apr 01, 2010
Shock gripped the about 95 Abuja-bound Arik Air’s passengers yesterday when a taxi emerged from the blues and rammed into a B737-700 aircraft that was steaming on the tarmac, awaiting takeoff.
The incident, Daily Sun gathered, happened in the afternoon at the Margaret Ekpo International Airport, Calabar.

An eyewitness told Daily Sun that the Arik aircraft with registration number 5N-MJJ just arrived from Lagos and was loading passengers for Abuja at about 2:35pm when suddenly a taxi cab emerged from the Air Force gate within the airport and rammed into the belly of the aircraft.
The witness further said some of the passengers who were still trying to board thought the cab in Cross River state blue-white-blue commercial colours was carrying one of those late travellers rushing to catch the flight but were shocked at the speed with which the driver turned quickly behind the aircraft and crashed into its belly where the fuel tank is situated.

At that point, palpable tension and pandemonium took over as passengers scampered for safety.
When Daily Sun visited the airport at about 3:15pm the Audi 80 cab marked Cross River XA 254 KAM was seen lying under the belly of the aircraft with the bonnet badly damaged. It was speculated that the suspected terrorist was targeting the fuel tank of the aircraft.

Investigations by Daily Sun revealed that the driver of the taxi, which is not registered to operate within the airport, broke through the Airforce station’s two gates at top speed and in the process pulled down the gates and sped straight to the tarmac where the plane was getting set for takeoff.

The suspected terrorist, said to be in his 40’s who hails from Akwa Ibom State, is now at the Zone 6 Police Headquarters undergoing interrogations. As he was being led away from the airport by security operatives, the suspected terrorist was said to have displayed a rare courage that baffled onlookers as he shouted in pidgin. “Even if they kill me today, no problem, after all, that is how Jesus Christ was killed and he went to heaven. So I no care. I de launch war against ungodly people in our country and until we change the war go continue.”

Confirming the incident, the Airport Manager, Mahmud Sani, said, “it is true that the taxi driver came through the Airforce Base gates to carry out his dastardly act, but we thank God he failed in the process. For now, we are investigating the matter as the security operatives have taken over the whole airport for now.”
In a chat with newsmen at the airport shortly after the incident, one of the passengers, Mr. Odiga Odiga, said, “ I was already inside the plane about to take off when the alarm came and we were told to disembark. Initially, we thought it was fire, and everybody scampered down but it was when we got down that we discovered that it was a cab right under the belly of the aircraft.”

Pilot of the aircraft, Simon Robinson, expressed shock like everyone else over the incident. He was in the cockpit when he heard the bump. Odiga, who is the chairman of Cross River State Forestry Commission, described the attack “as one of the security lapses at our airports.” He wondered how a commercial car broke through two gates of the Airforce station and got to the aircraft that was about to take off.

As at the time of going to press, Arik Air engineers numbering about four were seen battling to remove the car from underneath the plane while the company provided another aircraft that flew passengers to their destination.
When contacted, the security operatives at the airport declined comment on the matter, saying ‘we are waiting for the order from above and we cannot talk to you now.”

However, Media Officer of Arik Air, Banji Ola, who confirmed the incident, said it was shocking that a taxi that is a non-ramp vehicle can gain access to the tarmac and hit a stationary plane.
Also speaking on the development, the General Manager, Public Affairs of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, Akin Olukunle said the incident was most unexpected.

According to him, the taxi, an Audi 80, apparently was on speed and surprisingly broke through the two gates of the Airforce security before running into the airplane. “The taxi broke through the first gate of the Airforce, broke through the second gate and then ran into the aircraft,” he said.
Olukunle said FAAN immediately dispatched a team of policemen from the Bomb Squad Unit to immediately look into the car and ascertain if it was carrying a bomb or not. He also said the matter was still being investigated to know the motive of the taxi driver in order to know the next line of action.
Arik Air, it was learnt, dispatched another airplane from Lagos to Calabar to fly the passengers to Abuja.

lol, So the terrorist is a Christian from from Akwa Ibom state, OK well noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Gunnaz007: 1:47am On Apr 01, 2010

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
i think d idiot akwa-ibomite was paid to embark on that suicide mission at margeret ekpo airport, calabar, so as to discredit d airport, and divert traffic to their new airport in akwa ibom!!!

If he is angry with government, why did he not go and express his anger-pa-suicide bombing at government house uyo or their new airport
I smell rat here undecided angry angry angry angry
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by sjeezy8: 1:50am On Apr 01, 2010
shocked shocked grin grin

WHAT christian terrorist from akwa ibom wtf - i busted out laughing when i saw the pic of that small car under the plane.

he failed terribly

[size=13pt]“Even if they kill me today, no problem, after all, that is how Jesus Christ was killed and he went to heaven. So I no care. I de launch war against ungodly people in our country and until we change the war go continue.”[/size]

blood of Jesus lol - i cant believe what im seeing
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Jakumo(m): 5:44am On Apr 01, 2010
This picture is an absolute classic, and has joined my collection of the weird, wonderful and downright wacky things that can ONLY be found in Nigeria.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by slap1(m): 6:41am On Apr 01, 2010
Gunnaz007:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
i think d idiot akwa-ibomite was paid to embark on that suicide mission at margeret ekpo airport, calabar, so as to discredit d airport, and divert traffic to their new airport in akwa ibom!!!

If he is angry with government, why did he not go and express his anger-pa-suicide bombing at government house uyo or their new airport
I smell rat here undecided angry angry angry angry
Clap for your head.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by texazzpete(m): 7:31am On Apr 01, 2010
234Next reports that the man claimed to be Jesus Christ on a mission to save the plane from taking off and crashing.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5548587-146/wannabe_saviour_drives_car_into_aircraft.csp

I don't know where Sun got their gist of the fellow trying to Kill everyone.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by solokay(m): 7:36am On Apr 01, 2010
How was a taxi cab able to drive on to the tarmac. Does our airports have security at all?
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by THEAMAKA(f): 7:49am On Apr 01, 2010
solokay:

How was a taxi cab able to drive on to the tarmac. Does our airports have security at all?
LOL!!! this post and that picture is hilarious.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by rasputinn(m): 7:56am On Apr 01, 2010
Heard the attacker shouted"REPENT" before ramming the car into the underbelly of the aircraft,is he insane or a terrorist.I doubt he's a terrorist because there was hardly any motive that'd have any terror value plus he would have come with a taller vehicle that would have had maximum impact to cause an explosion(I shudder at the thought of the disaster) that was inadvertently averted yesterday
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by meexteriox(m): 8:02am On Apr 01, 2010
Hunger is the crux of the matter.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by slap1(m): 8:14am On Apr 01, 2010
The passengers in the cab ought to be interviewed to hear their own part of the story.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Jakumo(m): 8:36am On Apr 01, 2010
One of the passengers was late to catch his flight on that aircraft,and he instructed the taxi driver to intercept the jet and bring it to a stop by any means possible. Grateful for the generous tip given him along with those specific instructions, the cab driver clearly went above and beyond the call of duty, ensuring that the aircraft did NOT leave without the late passenger.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 01, 2010
Jakumo:

One of the passengers was late to catch his flight on that aircraft,and he instructed the taxi driver to intercept the jet and bring it to a stop by any means possible. Grateful for the generous tip given him along with those specific instructions, the cab driver clearly went above and beyond the call of duty, ensuring that the aircraft did NOT leave without the late passenger.
You no go kill me you hear
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2010
rasputinn:

Heard the attacker shouted[b]"REPENT"[/b] before ramming the car into the underbelly of the aircraft,is he insane or a terrorist.I doubt he's a terrorist because there was hardly any motive that'd have any terror value plus he would have come with a taller vehicle that would have had maximum impact to cause an explosion(I shudder at the thought of the disaster) that was inadvertently averted yesterday

so now we know what our Christian terrorists will shout cheesy cheesy
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by nellaluv(f): 12:13pm On Apr 01, 2010
The man claimed to be Jesus Christ, he made that desperate move to save the aircraft from impending crash,lol.
i've heard of jesus of oyingbo, jesus of agege, jesus of oshodi, but jesus of calabar i've heard not.who are thou

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5548587-146/wannabe_saviour_drives_car_into_aircraft.csp
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Dominoifet(m): 12:40pm On Apr 01, 2010
^I think he is jesus of ettekamba.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Abagworo(m): 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2010
rotflmfao @ the man claiming to be Jesus Christ.thought this was april fool game until i saw it on next.com.the man is a drug addict and is suffering from hallucination.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by victorazy(m): 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
No security
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by sandee575(f): 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2010
That driver could have just as easily driven onto the runway during the aircraft's
take off roll and brought about a head on collision of very grave consequences.
Nigerian Air Force cannot even secure their security gates at the airport and the
same people are assigned the duty of securing the nation's airspace. Joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 01, 2010
[size=25pt]i guess osama bin laden will be looking 4 a way 2 congratulate the taxi man 4 a job well done or should  i say 4 a job well try grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Fhemmmy: 1:28pm On Apr 01, 2010
This need to be probed big time and some heads ought to roll
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by grafikdon: 1:29pm On Apr 01, 2010
Anybody trying to recruit a Nigerian for suicide bombing is flushing his funds down the toilet. A Nigerian sticking out his neck where there is absolutely no possibility of enjoying the fruits of his labour? That's more like the search for the cow that lays the golden eggs.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Fhemmmy: 1:31pm On Apr 01, 2010
grafikdon:

Anybody trying to recruit a Nigerian for suicide bombing is flushing his funds down the toilet. A Nigerian sticking out his neck where there is absolutely no possibility of enjoying the fruits of his labour? That's more like the search for the cow that lays the golden eggs.

I would love to agree with you, however, times has changed and some Nigerians are now willing to die all in the name of "leaving it to the family"
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Mekzie(m): 1:32pm On Apr 01, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt]I de launch war against ungodly people in our country and until we change the war go continue.”  Indeed [/size][/size]

angry angry angry
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Fhemmmy: 1:33pm On Apr 01, 2010
Mekzie:

[size=8pt][size=8pt]I de launch war against ungodly people in our country and until we change the war go continue.”  Indeed [/size][/size]

angry angry angry

Meaning?
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by otukpo(f): 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2010
I think say na april fool oo.
So this is real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest / Hon. Raji Fashola Spotted Behind The Wheels Of His Range Rover, Stuck In Traffic / Sheriff And Makarfi Begin Peace Talks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.