Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest (9006 Views)

I’m Not A Military President, No One Will Be Jailed Unless Guilty – Buhari / Jonathan The Worst Ever President In The World. / REALITY: Until An Ijebu Man Becomes Nigeria President, No... - AWO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by edoyad(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2010
No contest, absolutely no contest in terms of our best president ever. Infact if we seperate OBJ's military term as ruler from the democratic OBj and he'd be 1 and 2. Just look at the calibre of his financial people, these people gave Nigeria back a middle class in a country that was formerly constituted of the rich rulers and their families and friends, against the poor hungry workers and unemployed.
OBj you're a bad man but still the best we ever had.

1 Like

Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by sjeezy8: 9:16pm On May 23, 2010
Obj is the best so far because all the rest are terrible- I still give him credit tho he knows himself that he wants someone to do better than him.

1 Like

Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 23, 2010
Edoyad

I have been making this argument for ages and I don't remember you supporting me.

I hope this is not all part of your ecstasy from having a Southern Kaduna Governor in Kaduna State?  . . . . . .lol just teasing!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by edoyad(m): 9:27pm On May 23, 2010
@mikeansy. Guy, i was in University during the OBj days, even the academia which is known for hatred of OBj as a result of "Ali must go" disaster used to comment on how their lives changed for the better from 99 onward.

1 Like

Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by naijamini(m): 10:12pm On May 23, 2010
Yeah no contest - OBJ is the best President ever! The problem is we are talking about between dumb and dumber.

He has had 2 chances - both times he had some good policies and did some very good things.

However, both times he allowed his own ego to destroy the potential to see the work he started come to full maturity. The election of 1979 was probably won by Shagari, but OBJ was essentially a member of Shagari's party wink. In 2003, the so-called constitutional conference in pursuance of the 3rd term agenda, the OBJ/Atiku fights and the emergence of Yar'adua, almost all of his own doing, destroyed his legacy for good. Now he is scrambling to gather the crumbs of his last regime together, but what he really needs to do is retire from active politics, while using his experience to help the fittest of the younger generation man the ship of state.

Remember that it was during his first regime that Fela's mother was murdered and the killers of his Attorney-General in his second run, Bola Ige, are yet to be found till tomorrow.

So, it is a zero sum game when we talk about Nigeria's leaders. We really need to be asking which is the worst, not which is the best because so far they have been mostly bad -starting with how they got there (it is either militarily or arranged/rigged elections).

Was Abacha worse than IBB? Was IBB worse than OBJ? Was Yara'dua worse than them all? How about Shagari? There is really no clear winner in the worst of the worst contest.

Give the trophy of the best to OBJ if you want, but he himself probably knows that he doesn't deserve it.

edoyad:

No contest, absolutely no contest in terms of our best president ever. Infact if we seperate OBJ's military term as ruler from the democratic OBj and he'd be 1 and 2. Just look at the calibre of his financial people, these people gave Nigeria back a middle class in a country that was formerly constituted of the rich rulers and their families and friends, against the poor hungry workers and unemployed.
OBj you're a bad man but still the best we ever had.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 23, 2010
OBJ is one of worst presidents ever!!!

There you all go again, you guys are surely on the pay-roll of Obj for propaganda, u keep repeatind te same statement as if it is ur script.

12 years total in power with 8 uninterrupted years of record oil prices yet he left us with:

Poor Electricity
Rising crime and decaying security
out -of - control corruption
decaying health service
decaying educational system
decaying roads and infratructure
No national airline
He even picked a corrupt leader of his choice to replace him.

What planet are you posters from, if not on Obj's payroll to provide his propaganda

Buhari achieve more in 20 months than Obj achieved in 12years of leadership.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by EzeUche(m): 10:44pm On May 23, 2010
Nigerian leaders are so bad, that even people are saying OBJ was good. grin

Seems like Nigeria has gotten worse though.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:45pm On May 23, 2010
OBJ remains the best presido ever. wink
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Sauron1: 10:47pm On May 23, 2010
GenBuhari:

OBJ is one of worst presidents ever!!!

There you all go again, you guys are surely on the pay-roll of Obj for propaganda, u keep repeatind te same statement as if it is your script.

12 years total in power with 8 uninterrupted years of record oil prices yet he left us with:

Poor Electricity
Rising crime and decaying security
out -of - control corruption
decaying health service
decaying educational system
decaying roads and infratructure
No national airline
He even picked a corrupt leader of his choice to replace him.

What planet are you posters from, if not on Obj's payroll to provide his propaganda

Buhari achieve more in 20 months than Obj achieved in 12years of leadership.

OBJ is the most useless President Nigeria ever had.
All the military dictators including IBB, Abacha and Buhari are miles better than OBJ.
He is a disgrace to the Yoruba race and i hope he dies of Ebola in the coming months.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by HayYlay(m): 10:48pm On May 23, 2010
GHe still remains the best president despite critics.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by naijamini(m): 10:50pm On May 23, 2010
Ahh - even when we cry we can still see. Okay here it is  - nobody is worse than IBB, not even Abacha. If you want me to rank the three of them it is (Worst, Worse, Bad): IBB, Abacha, OBJ ok. Now go play in the sand since the job is done grin

~Sauron~:

OBJ is the most useless President Nigeria ever had.
All the military dictators including IBB, Abacha and Buhari are miles better than OBJ.
He is a disgrace to the Yoruba race and i hope he dies of Ebola in the coming months.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:57pm On May 23, 2010
u pple condeming obj.,jus ask ursef dat if it were 2 be u can u do betr, nigeria as a whole is corrupt, even goodluck cant do anitn bout it,
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Sauron1: 11:04pm On May 23, 2010
naijamini:

Ahh - even when we cry we can still see. Okay here it is  - nobody is worse than IBB, not even Abacha. If you want me to rank the three of them it is (Worst, Worse, Bad): IBB, Abacha, OBJ ok. Now go play in the sand since the job is done grin

You are a miserable sod.
Nigerians were not buying petrol @ N70 per litre under any of the military rulers.
OBJ failed astronomically even though he had the backing of the international community cos he operated under a democratic government.

He took Nigeria 40 steps backwards than his predecessors.
Electricity supply was shittier in his regime and there were more tribal clashes under his stewardship.
He is a disgrace to himself, his family and the entire Yoruba race.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by hatch: 11:19pm On May 23, 2010
Obj so far is the best we have heard even though his case as someone earlier stated is a case of the dumb and dumber.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 23, 2010
Lets not bring tribalism into this.

Suffice to say he is arguably the worst president as he has had the longest number oftotoal years in power and left Nigeria in the current mess we find ourselves.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

You are a miserable sod.
Nigerians were not buying petrol @ N70 per litre under any of the military rulers.
OBJ failed astronomically even though he had the backing of the international community cos he operated under a democratic government.

He took Nigeria 40 steps backwards than his predecessors.
Electricity supply was shittier in his regime and there were more tribal clashes under his stewardship.
He is a disgrace to himself, his family and the entire Yoruba race.
you are too sentimenatl and sound frustrated.how much was petrol  when obj was head of state and compare it with that of ibb.he was the only head of state that transferrred power to a democratically elected president because he believes in democracy even though he was a soldier,a feat ibb couldnt achieve.you forgot the debt-relief package even though he inherited them from ibb and abacha regime.he proposed good reforms as a president,i dont know if you know about them but all i can say is that he may not be perfect;he was indeed better than those almajiris that have ruined this country for so long.
@genbuhari
buhari was nothing without idiagbon because idiagbon was the engine of that administration.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Sauron1: 11:26pm On May 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

you are too sentimenatl and sound frustrated.how much was petrol  when obj was head of state and compare it with that of ibb.he was the only head of state that transferrred power to a democratically elected president because he believes in democracy even though he was a soldier,a feat ibb couldnt achieve.

You are spewing balderdash. . . .
OBJ himself was a democratic president, why wouldn't he transfer to power to another democratic president? Do you reason with ur testes?
Then you have the guts to ask what the price of petrol was in 93? It was less than N22 under IBB/Abacha. OBJ pushed it to N65.

you forgot the debt-relief package even though he inherited them from ibb and abacha regime.he proposed good reforms as a president,i dont know if you know about them but all i can say is that he may not be perfect;he was indeed better than those almajiris that have ruined this country for so long.

OBJ is not better than any figure head that has ruled Nigeria.
He is the worst. Under his regime, there were 40 million Nigerian youths without a job.
Is that the mark of a good leader? What about the various tribal clashes in his administration? The Sharia nonsense? The Odi massacre?
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

You are spewing balderdash. . . .
OBJ himself was a democratic president, why wouldn't he transfer to power to another democratic president? Do you reason with your testes?
Then you have the guts to ask what the price of petrol was in 93? It was less than N22 under IBB/Abacha. OBJ pushed it to N65.

OBJ is not better than any figure head that has ruled Nigeria.
He is the worst. Under his regime, there were 40 million Nigerian youths without a job.
Is that the mark of a good leader? What about the various tribal clashes in his administration? The Sharia nonsense? The Odi massacre?
i wonder if you read what i wrote before you replied.i will give you another chance before i answer you.i was referring to when he was head of state not a president.which kind olodo be this one ?
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Sauron1: 11:35pm On May 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i wonder if you read what i wrote before you replied.i will give you another chance before i answer you.i was referring to when he was head of state not a president.which kind olodo be this one  ?

So because he left power when he was head of state means he is the best leader Nigeria ever had?
Cheese n Rice. . . . . .So Abdulsalaam is not far behind cos he relinquished power for a democratic President if we go by your logic.
Abeg, find something else to spew. You are not kicking knowledge here.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 23, 2010
There they go again!!

OBJ's  paid propangandists at work.

The strategy is to keep repeating the same scripted lie: ", best we ever had" with out trying to back it up with any facts.

They realise that if a lie is repeated enough times by enough people, then the ignorant members of the public may start believing the lie.

This leads  me to wonder whether ObJ is planning to return to power.
Obj wrecked our nation. he is a disgrace!!
hatch#:

Obj so far is the best we have heard even though his case as someone earlier stated is a case of the dumb and dumber.

Hay-Ylay:

GHe still remains the best president despite critics.

RICHIE BOI:

OBJ remains the best presido ever. wink

sjeezy8:

Obj is the best so far because all the rest are terrible- I still give him credit tho he knows himself that he wants someone to do better than him.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 23, 2010
He is still better than the class of ibb,abacha, and buhari who did nothing but ruined this cointry.what are the achievement of other head of state.he spent three years to set up a democratic govt while ibb spent eight years and couldnt achieve anything
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Ibime(m): 11:49pm On May 23, 2010
From what my elders tell me, Buhari was better than OBJ.

Im sure the first generation guys were also better.

Infact, OBJ was one of the worst.

I remember that even under IBB, my state Governor, Governor Adeleye (Rivers State) was sacked for inflating his budget by common N100,000. . . . am not saying IBB is better, but lets not lose sight that we are living in the most corrupt times in Nigeria presently.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 23, 2010
Ibime:

he was stricter than any of the dictators.his strong stance on social ills are commendable but highly undemocratic.he sentenced people to death for drug trafficking and corruption was at it lowest but that did not translate to betterment of the lives of the citizens.most of the achievements of his administration were traced to tunde idiagbon who was ruling in proxy for gen buhari.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Ibime(m): 11:59pm On May 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

he was stricter than any of the dictators.his strong stance on social ills are commendable but highly undemocratic.he sentenced people to death for drug trafficking and corruption was at it lowest but that did not translate to betterment of the lives of the citizens.

How would that not translate to betterment?. . . how many years was Buhari in power sef before you can judge whether living standards are improving?
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Sauron1: 12:00am On May 24, 2010
Ibime:

Infact, OBJ was one of the worst.

I remember that even under IBB, my state Governor, Governor Adeleye (Rivers State) was sacked for inflating his budget by common N100,000. . . . am not saying IBB is better, but lets not lose sight that we are living in the most corrupt times in Nigeria presently.

Letz call a spade a SPADE.
OBJ is the worst that ever ruled Nigeria.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 12:24am On May 24, 2010
Ibime:

How would that not translate to betterment?. . . how many years was Buhari in power sef before you can judge whether living standards are improving?
obasanjo spent less than three years to make that different while buhari who never believd in democracy truncated the shagari regime and spent two years without any achievement.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 12:38am On May 24, 2010
Buhari achieved more in less than 2years than OBJ did in his 12 years total leadership.

He improved indescipline and crime.

Reduced corruption, by imprisoning 600 corrupt poiticians and businessmen, whilst geniune effort was made to recover their loot.

Held out for a better deal form IMF

~Bluetooth:

obasanjo spent less than three years to make that different while buhari who never believd in democracy truncated the shagari regime and spent two years without any achievement.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Sauron1: 12:44am On May 24, 2010
GenBuhari:

Buhari achieved more in less than 2years than OBJ did in his 12 years total leadership.

Reduced corruption, by imprisoning 600 corrupt poiticians and businessmen, whilst geniune effort was made to recover their loot.

Even OBJ himself will slap his cocksuckers on this thread.
How can any sane human being compare OBJ to the good works Buhari/Idiagbon regime achieved.
That was the only government that fought corruption in all levels, unlike the useless OBJ that set up EFCC to bully his political rivals.
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by Nobody: 1:58am On May 24, 2010
GenBuhari:

is that all it takes to be a president,fighting corruption and sending folks to jail.lwkmd.check out more about his ruthless administration here:
http://www.photius.com/countries/nigeria/government/nigeria_government_the_buhari_regime.html
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by strangleyo: 3:48am On May 24, 2010
It's interesting this thread, I see most posters have no clue what they are talking about.

Electricity, crime, corruption, and so on have all gotten worse not because the president made it worse, but because of uncontrolled population growth without any investment in infrastructure to accommodate that growth. The truth is, we don't know how to.

A few people mentioned that Obj was a decent president, but his own ego sometimes got in the way of his job. That is correct.

Most of Nigeria's problems are beyond the grasp of one man's control. Ibb, Abacha, Obj, Shagari, we can name them all day, none of them could alone stop the rot. Its comes within the depths of our own past and the nature of our psyche.

Take something as simple as civil service; administrative duties such as property tax collection, and the re-allocation of resources at the municipal level for public works projects such as sewers, roads, health clinics, street lamps, local schools and then their maintenance. How many people at the civil service level know how the process works? How many Nigerians know how this process works?

Did IBB not try and reign in on civil service ineptitude? Was he successful? Absolutely not? Why? Because we do not have, and never have had the proper framework for nationhood. We are 4 nations. No. 4 major Ethnic groups lumped together, and none of us, I mean, none, can make this thing actually work.

Nigeria is a shambolic geographic location. I will refrain from even calling it a country.

Obasanjo did what he could, as did Yar'Adua, and the countless before them, but the system is simply non-existent and the framework of nationhood is not something the average Nigerian has any interest in.

Anything short of wholesale Soviet or China style restructuring of our system from both the top down and bottom up will fail and making this thing work.

Truthfully I've become despondent about our prospects for the future, perhaps slaughtering all of our leaders like Russia, China, France and countless other 'success' stories is the only option we may have at restructuring the system. When I say leaders I don't mean politicians, I mean our "real" leaders, the ones that sold our brothers to the Portuguese for gold nuggets and mirrors, the elders, the preachers, the tribal kings, that's where half of our problems lie.

You know where the other half are,

And its not in the presidential villa.

1 Like

Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by bkbabe97: 4:09am On May 24, 2010
^^^^@Strangleyo: Wow! This is by far the most interesting, most sensible, and most intriguing read I ever came across on NL!!! Please, Please, Please do not tell me ure Ibo, cus I doubt an Ibo man could ever be this intelligent or articulate!!! (Hehehehehe, just had to rankle the Biafrans a lil bit) grin
Re: Obj Is Bad Yes, But He's Still Nigeria's Best Ever President. No Contest by edoyad(m): 5:10am On May 24, 2010
Just ask anyone who has worked through the 80s, 90s and noughties who restored dignity to their lives in terms of welfare. Before OBj there virtually was a non-existent middle class, people can actually look forward to retiring from service after a lifetime of serving their country and not expect to become beggars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups / Despite Killings, Attacks, INEC Vows To Proceed With Anambra Guber Election / Crowd Hails Adams Oshiomhole During APC Presidential Rally In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.