Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,400 members, 7,843,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess (14730 Views)

Umahi: "Arrest Anyone Not Wearing Face Mask In Ebonyi" / A Philosophical Outlook & Analysis On The Leadership Prowess Of Umahi By U Trump / O.N Godwin Kisses Governor Umahi's Hand Severally At Event (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by Goahead(m): 8:18am On Dec 15, 2017
Nweze1986:
Umahi,s contract accountability prowess

By Philip Nweze

One of the many achievements of Ebonyi State governor, David Umahi in the outgoing year is his ability to sustain discipline in the execution of contracts awarded with tax payers money.

Absence of such vigilance in the past was the greatest mistake made by his predecessors which formed the pivot of their failure. They awarded contracts and never bothered to supervise them either because the money was never coming from their pockets and so they weren't feeling the pain or because they were using it to compensate their cronies and lackeys.

Umahi will give contract, and regardless of who is supervising it; insist that it will be done and delivered according to specifications. This long established principle does not spare any sacred cow. This is how he has been able to achieve towering trail-blazing infrastructural profile for the state and closure of our leaking purse which has been going into individual pockets. He has broken the cartels that siphoned our collective sweat into private fortunes.

In today Ebonyi, procedures for award of contract has been practically reborn. The governor doesn't believe in dishing out piecemeal approach to projects execution or in using contracts to settle "boys". No. Here in Ebonyi, requisite link and connections don't get you contracts. Expertise and track record of performance does.

We say welcome to this new regime of accountability.

#Share
How was the rape case between you and your Facebook friend?

1 Like

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by LadyNaija(f): 8:19am On Dec 15, 2017
Newspapers Review: Top Headlines That Made The Front Pages This Friday Morning by LadyNaija: 8:17am
2018 budget defence: Senators walk Fashola out
Fri, 15 Dec 2017
the Senate Committee on Power, Steel Development and Metallurgy has turned back Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, over alleged “unpreparedness to face the committee for his 2018 budget defence.”

The minister was turned back when he appeared before the committee, to defend estimates of his ministry’s 2018 budget, yesterday. The event took place at the Senate Hearing Room 2.11, in the New Senate Wing of the National Assembly.
The move by the committee was just as senators picked holes in the ministry’s proposed N10 billion solar power projects for nine universities across various states.
The Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe-led committee said Fashola was not ready to face members and that the minister did not appear before them with necessary documents concerning the budget.

Excess Crude Account: SERAP, CSOs flay NEC for $1bn approval to fight BHaram

Fri, 15 Dec 2017

The National Economic Council, on Thursday, asked the Federal Government to withdraw $1bn from the $2.3bn currently in the Excess Crude Account and use it to fight insurgency in the North-East.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the council presided over by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The council chaired by the Vice-President has all state governors as members.

Some civil society groups and analysts, however, faulted the move by the Federal Government on the basis that past allocations to defence and the anti-terrorism operations had yet to be judiciously accounted for.

Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, disclosed the decision of NEC to State House correspondents at the end of the meeting.

Forget Biafra, Nwodo tells IPOB
Fri, 15 Dec 2017

President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief John Nnia Nwodo, has restated his earlier position that it will be injurious to the Igbo to pursue self-determination and urged members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to drop their agitation and join the organisation’s quest for a restructured Nigeria.

He spoke during a Town Hall meeting organised by the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation in Lagos, yesterday.

Nwodo, who noted that the youths were free to express themselves over what he described as the relegation of the Igbo to second class citizens in Nigeria, stressed that the South East would be the ultimate loser in the event of another civil war.

Osinbajo, Gowon, Shonekan, Adeboye attend carol in Villa
Fri, 15 Dec 2017
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; a former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (retd.); a former Head of Interim National Government, Ernest Shonekan; and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, were among dignitaries that on Thursday attended the 2017 Christmas Praise Concert inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, delivered the sermon at the service held inside the old Banquet Hall.

PDP needs South-West to succeed, says Dickson
Fri, 15 Dec 2017
The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Post-Convention Committee on Reconciliation, who is also the Governor of Bayelsa State, Seriake Dickson, has said the party will need the full support of its members in the South-West to effectively execute its plan to regain political power in 2019.
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Media Relations, Mr. Fidelis Soriwei, quoted the governor as having made the comment when he led the reconciliation committee on a visit to the former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, in Lagos on Thursday.

Criticisms trial Govs' approval of N1bn to fight Boko Haram
Fri, 15 Dec 2017
The National Economic Council, NEC, at its meeting in Abuja yesterday resolved that $1 billion be withdrawn from the Excess Crude Account to boost the fight against insurgency by the military, just as it came to light that at least five soldiers were killed during an attack by Boko Haram militants on Nigerian Army positions in Mainok village in Borno State on Wednesday night.
The proposal to withdraw the $1 billion from the ECA would leave the account with a balance of $1.31 billion, a development that was flayed by Senator Enyinannya Abaribe who said that only the National Assembly could make appropriations to the security agencies. Lawyers, however, expressed mixed reactions on the issue.

State Assemblies Begin Debate On Constitution Amendment
Fri, 15 Dec 2017
Three months after the National Assembly transmitted drafts of the 1999 Constitution Amendment to State Houses of Assembly, some houses have commenced debate on the bills.
Indication emerged yesterday that the National Assembly sent only 15 bills to State Houses of Assembly for adoption out of the 21 bills adopted by the National Assembly.
LEADERSHIP investigation revealed that presiding officers of the National Assembly committed a technical error during voting on the bills and as such, some of the bills could not be transmitted to the state Houses of Assembly.
Recall that the National Assembly Constitution Review Committee led by Senate Deputy President Ike Ekweremadu formulated 33 bills for the purpose of the constitution amendment.

2019 Elections: Politicians desperate to destroy us, CJN warns Judges
Fri, 15 Dec 2017
Ahead of the 2019 general election, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, yesterday, warned judgesin Nigeria to watch company they keep, saying saying politicians are desperate to destroy judges.

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/12/newspapers-review-top-headlines-that_14.html

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by spencekat(m): 8:19am On Dec 15, 2017
Bevista:
What is the governor's background? Is it civil engineering?
---
Nothing wrong in physically inspecting projects, but I see no sense in the governor packing concrete or measuring drainages. If he can't trust his commissioner for works to do this and advise him appropriately, then there's a problem.
He is a seasoned Civil Engineer.

1 Like

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by Caseless: 8:19am On Dec 15, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
What a piece of backward state. Ebonyi people are nomadic gala hawkers across Africa of which one of them is John Igwe(achi4u). Only 5% of Ebonyi people are living in Ebonyi, so it is so easy for this useless governor to dig gutter as achievement. Ebonyi people are not Igbos but descendants from Taraba. cheesy
shut up, please.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by Maser: 8:20am On Dec 15, 2017
Arguably the best Governor in the country. A true magician! You only need to drive through Ebonyi especially Abakaliki to see the magic this man performed in just 2 years. When the British High Commissioner said Ebonyi had the best network of roads in the country, I laughed and dismissed him as never having been to Anambra state. When something started taking me to Ebonyi, I was wowed and believed him. I saw a true infrastructural miracle. A metamorphosis without noise. I wonder what will become of Ebonyi if this man continues in the saddle for up to 8 years. Hats off to this great man! He has my respect till Christ comes. I saw with my eyes.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by nabiz(m): 8:20am On Dec 15, 2017
The best thing that has ever happened to ebonyi state is Dave. i love this man. How i wish i have access to the government. I want to offer a zero labour landscaping cost as my own contribution to my state. God bless my governor. ONE DAY THE REJECTED STONE WILL BECOME THE CHIEF CORNER STONE. love Ebony.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by AishaBuhari: 8:20am On Dec 15, 2017
Caseless:
use your head.

You'd celebrate those who stole and did nothing.
Lol! I'm a no nonsense person at such I do not celebrate criminals. Go through all my comments on this forum for clarification.

BTW, how many projects do these cretins completes before leaving the office? They keep passing on uncompleted projects to another government!

Nigerians should wise up na!
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by colli247(m): 8:20am On Dec 15, 2017
megacity:
Good. He is an engineer and a deacon in Christ Embassy. 'When the righteous is in authority the people rejoice'
TRUE TALK

1 Like

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by onadana: 8:21am On Dec 15, 2017
rozayx5:
undecided undecided
Don't mind the Moro.....ns.
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by colli247(m): 8:22am On Dec 15, 2017
soliddust2020:
Gov ifeanyi okowa you dey see your mate so.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUNNY GUY
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by Bevista: 8:22am On Dec 15, 2017
spencekat:
He is a seasoned Civil Engineer.
Ok, great to hear.

1 Like

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by Goahead(m): 8:23am On Dec 15, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
What a piece of backward state. Ebonyi people are nomadic gala hawkers across Africa of which one of them is John Igwe(achi4u). Only 5% of Ebonyi people are living in Ebonyi, so it is so easy for this useless governor to dig gutter as achievement. Ebonyi people are not Igbos but descendants from Taraba. cheesy
And here comes again the Anambra scumbag, who only travel to his endemic muddy hamlet when one of his ritualistic grandparents dies.
The Anambra we know is a pre-medieval enclave where abuse of humanity, drugs peddlings and fraudsters fosters.... This same state is the exporter of all forms of criminals in and outside Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by colli247(m): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2017
Adebowale89:
commissioner for work should have represent in the inspection of this little street project, not a whole governor beside what's the function of this eye service governor's deputy. their deputy governor seems to be handicapped in governmental functions
UR ARE FOOL THAT'S WHY SOME GOVERNOR SIT IN GOVERNMENT HOUSE INSTEAD OF GOING OUT TO MONITOR THEY PROJECT BECAUSE SOME OF THIS CONTRACTOR'S NORMALLY LIVE SOME PROJECT ABANDON
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by Collins87: 8:29am On Dec 15, 2017
Seen.
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by soliddust2020: 8:31am On Dec 15, 2017
colli247:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUNNY GUY
Okowa matter don tire person, deltans enter one chance.
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by cashreport: 8:31am On Dec 15, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Nairaland the home of political jobbers and media make up artists from Bubu to Umahi.

grin grin grin grin

Savage

see yarning

brother u get mouth

chop knuckles
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by cashreport: 8:33am On Dec 15, 2017
LasGidiOwner:

God save the Queen

wicked post
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by LasGidiOwner: 8:35am On Dec 15, 2017
Hehehehe

It pained you..lol

Ebonyi people are gala hawkers in the day and becomes kidnappers and armed robbers at night.

There are more Ebonyi people living in Anambra than Ebonyi people at their home land. Ebonyi people are cursed Igbo slaves. Lol

Goahead:
And here comes again the Anambra scumbag, who only travel to his endemic muddy hamlet when one of his ritualistic grandparents dies.
The Anambra we know is a pre-medieval enclave where abuse of humanity, drugs peddlings and fraudsters fosters.... This same state is the exporter of all forms of criminals in and outside Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by Adebowale89(m): 8:35am On Dec 15, 2017
colli247:
UR ARE FOOL THAT'S WHY SOME GOVERNOR SIT IN GOVERNMENT HOUSE INSTEAD OF GOING OUT TO MONITOR THEY PROJECT BECAUSE SOME OF THIS CONTRACTOR'S NORMALLY LIVE SOME PROJECT ABANDON

so commissioner for works can't monitor or supervise state works? then why was he appointed as commissioner for works if the state governor ain't a fool? commissioner for works is part of the executive in the arms of govt, so also their roles ain't limited in the office only

you are really far beyond political settings. now tell me what make you and your generation not a fool here?
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by fergie001: 8:39am On Dec 15, 2017
Bevista:
What is the governor's background? Is it civil engineering?
---
Nothing wrong in physically inspecting projects, but I see no sense in the governor packing concrete or measuring drainages. If he can't trust his commissioner for works to do this and advise him appropriately, then there's a problem.
Ya,he is a civil engineer,a Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
Though,all these ones na for show.
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by Goahead(m): 8:40am On Dec 15, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Hehehehe

It pained you..lol

Ebonyi people are gala hawkers in the day and becomes kidnappers and armed robbers at night.

There are more Ebonyi people living in Anambra than Ebonyi people at their home land. Ebonyi people are cursed Igbo slaves. Lol

The same way there are more Anambra criminals in foreign prisons, than the left over been governed by a drunkard.

4 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by LasGidiOwner: 8:44am On Dec 15, 2017
Joseph, every Ebonyi person is cursed. Ebonyi people are haunted animals across Nigeria because they are hawking gala all over Africa. You people are all over Nigeria hawking gala and disgracing Igbos. Ebonyi people are Igbo-almajiris, you guys are not pure Igbos. cheesy

[s]
Goahead:
The same way there are more Anambra criminals in foreign prisons, than the left over been governed by a drunkard.
[/s]

See the faces of gala hawkers cheesy

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by Caseless: 8:47am On Dec 15, 2017
AishaBuhari:

Lol! I'm a no nonsense person at such I do not celebrate criminals. Go through all my comments on this forum for clarification.

BTW, how many projects do these cretins completes before leaving the office? They keep passing on uncompleted projects to another government!

Nigerians should wise up na!
well, ebonyi has been so unfortunate with some stupid men before him. No project to continue, he's starting most anew.
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by joenor(m): 8:47am On Dec 15, 2017
all this one nor be formality?
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by okenwaa(m): 8:53am On Dec 15, 2017
michlins:
This guy doesn't seem to know what he's doing. He's just taking pictures like buhari
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by okenwaa(m): 8:53am On Dec 15, 2017
joenor:
all this one nor be formality?
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by Goahead(m): 8:53am On Dec 15, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
Joseph, every Ebonyi person is cursed. Ebonyi people are haunted animals across Nigeria because they are hawking gala all over Africa. You people are all over Nigeria hawking gala and disgracing Igbos. Ebonyi people are Igbo-almajiris, you guys are not pure Igbos. cheesy

[s][/s]

See the faces of gala hawkers cheesy
Who are more cursed than the people bedeviled with criminal syndicates that could shoot up their people in a place of worship?

5 Likes

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by LasGidiOwner: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2017
Joe, this is an evidence of cursed people. They hawk gala in the day and turn to armed robbery at night. Ebonyi people are cursed. cheesy

[s]
Goahead:
Who are more cursed than the people bedeviled with criminal syndicates that can shoot up their people in place of worship?
[/s]

Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by ufuosman(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2017
his field
Re: Umahi’s Contract Accountability Prowess by dokiOloye(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2017
Caseless:
well, ebonyi has been so unfortunate with some stupid men before him. No project to continue, he's starting most anew.
Hmmmm.
Easy easy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says / APC Crisis: 36 More Reps May Dump Party Before Nov 17 - Punch / Ahmad Lawan: Friends Buy ₦100 Million APC Presidential Form For Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.