Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says (14707 Views)

Kola Ologbondiyan Denies That PDP Defectors Are Considering Return To APC / Saraki May Declare Akpabio, Other PDP Defectors’ Seats Vacant / All PDP Presidential Aspirants On A Visit To Sokoto (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:24am On Apr 04, 2018
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has called on members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who allegedly looted the country blind to return their loot if they want the party’s apology to Nigerians to make any impact.

Was it panic that caused you to release the list of alleged looters?

We were challenged to do so. Don’t forget that on their own, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said that they apologised to Nigerians for the way they ran Nigeria aground and we said, yes apology is accepted, but please return the funds. I think one of them challenged us to name those who had stolen money.

I think gradually it is becoming fashionable when you remind PDP that they brought us to this sorry path, they will say stop talking about what we did, please continue with your own. But we cannot move. It is important that Nigerians remember how we got here and the same people who have made no atonement say that they want to come back to power in 2019.

So, it is important for us to remind them. Let me tell you, this government is not in any panic mood. We are so proud of our achievements that in less than three years I can stand up and say this is what we have achieved in the area of security; this is what we have achieved in the economy, in the area of ease of doing business. There is no area we have not made our mark. We lifted Nigeria from number 165 in the ease of doing business to 145. It is not a mean feat! And we exited recession at a time when the price of crude was low; we were in recession when we implemented the diversification of the economy. It is on record that despite all these challenges we have not retrenched one person. So, why should we be afraid? Why should we panic?

I don’t see any reason why we should panic; I think it is the imagination of people that the government is panicky. No!

Do you intend releasing the list of alleged looters in the APC too?

There is a difference between allegations and established cases. All the cases I have mentioned (alleged PDP looters) are already in court. You see, how many times have people written that Lai Mohammed has billions of dollars. But these are allegations that are just ridiculous. I can assure you that if there is any allegation against any member of this government, this government will investigate it.

Nigerians are saying that there is no difference between PDP and APC because those people who left PDP for APC are being protected?

That is what you are saying! It would be unfair to say that everybody that joined APC from PDP is a looter, it would be unfair. I am saying that whether you are of ACN stock or PDP stock or CPC stock and you are found to be corrupt, you will be investigated.

Are you not overreaching yourself by pronouncing them guilty while they are still in court?

They have said name the looters and we said these people took money.

But the courts may decide otherwise.

That is the business of the court. I am saying that on the 24th of February, Secondus took N100 million in cash. The then National Financial Secretary took N700 million. These are facts! They said name, and I said these are the people that were reported to have stolen money. So, what is prejudicial about it? Let them go and solve their matters in court, but if you challenge us to name names, we will name names!

You cite your achievement of taking this country out of recession, but by the time the PDP handed over, this country was not in recession. What do you think?

Recession is when a country’s GDP slows in two consecutive quarters consecutively. It is a technical term.

But this happened under your government. Isn’t it?

Yes, no doubt. But for a recession to happen you look at what preceded those two quarters. Number one, we came in May 2015 by which time the major revenue for the country, petroleum had dropped in price by almost 50percent. We came in and met virtually no savings at all. What we inherited was $23 billion; we came at a time when at least 20 states could not pay salaries. We came in at a time when infrastructure was almost zero.

The vice-president gave an example that in 2015, the ministries of transport, power, works and housing combined had less than N100 billion released for that year. Whereas the year we came in, we had N565 billion invested in the same sectors.

It is a measure of the rightness of our approach that if you want to boost the economy, you must diversify the economy. So, we went into agriculture, went into mining, went into services and what actually brought us out of recession was agriculture, mining and the rest. That we were able to come out of recession and continue to consolidate means that our Economic and Growth Plan is working.

But the projects the president is commissioning were projects done by the states?

You see when the president visits a state, he visits to reconnect with the people of the state, but of course the governors of the states would want to have the opportunity to have the president commission their projects. They are not doing it just because they want to humour or honour Mr. President. They do it also because they want the attention of Mr. President in certain areas. This morning I was with Mr. President at the Eko Atlantic City. It was an extremely successful visit because Mr. President saw the enormity of the work going on at the Eko Atlantic City and the state government knows that you need this rapport with the federal government in order to achieve a lot.

On Thursday, I was with the president to commission the Ikeja Bus Terminal and the governor revealed there that Mr. President approved a waiver of customs duties payable for about 400 buses that are coming. This is because the president saw how that terminal is going to impact on the city. You can imagine what that waiver means to the Lagos State Government. So, when Mr. President comes to commission projects in the states, it is not because the federal government has no project of its own to commission.

How will you score the president on a score of 1 to 100 on how the administration has been able to achieve its campaign promises?

It is not for me to score him; it is for me to reel out what we have achieved. It is for the pubic to now say this is 1perecent, this is 2 percent, and this is 3 percent. Honestly, I can say without fear of equivocation that the government has done pretty well in the broad areas of economy, security and fighting corruption and the various social intervention.

I can start with the economy for instance, and I will tell you that with less than half of the revenue available to the previous government, we have been able to start a revolution in infrastructure by devoting N1.3 trillion to capital projects ranging from roads to railways to water ways to agriculture. In the area of roads, we took a N100 billion Sukuk loan and with that loan we are undertaking 25 roads spread across the six geopolitical zones.

Today, there is no area of government where you do not feel the impact of government on roads. Railways, the Lagos -Ibadan standard gauge will become operational I think at the end of 2018 or next year, meanwhile, the Calabar – Lagos has been awarded also. In the area of agriculture which is one area I think we have done very well, we have been able to create more rice farmers all over the country. From 5 million farmers, we have today about 11 million rice farmers. For you to see the rightness of our approach, so far, less than N100 billion has been invested in the anchor borrowers’ programme and we have this result.

Meanwhile, the federal government has paid more than N1.2 trillion as bailout. I can imagine if just 10percent of that were to have been invested in agriculture, probably today we would be talking of self-sufficiency not only in rice but probably in cassava and probably in wheat.

Our anchor borrowers’ programme has proven to be a success. In the area of the economy, you have heard me say that we inherited $23 billion in reserves; today we have $46 billion in foreign reserves. On ease of doing business we have moved from 165 to 145, in mining the activities in local mining have created thousands of jobs for people mining limestone and the rest.

In the area of the economy whether in terms of figures about employment or in terms of social infrastructure, we have done what no government has done. I don’t know of any government in Nigeria that has either fed 7.5 million pupils in one day. To many people it is not important, but can you imagine if you are feeding 7 million pupils and if it costs you just N70 to feed each pupil, it means in a day you are creating an economy of N490million across the value chain of cooks, vendors and farmers. And this has led to an increase of school enrolment.

All these have been done under three years and I think we are going to embark on a road show to inspect roads that are being done in virtually every state of the federation.

We have been able to bring back many jobs by renewing these contracts and many of these contracts that this government is doing are contracts that were signed in 2007, 2009, and 2012. We have hardly awarded any new contract.

In the area of power, we inherited 2,900 MWs of power; today we are generating more than 7,000 MW of power. Of course we are unable to transmit all the power because of the state of the transmission line, and don’t forget that even that power had been largely privatised even before we came in and we had been able to give support. We guaranteed N702 billion revolving loan that if you produce, we pay and that is why you have seen this exponential increase in power supply. So, I do not see any area where we cannot say we have not made progress.

But what of security, when you came in, there was not as much violence as we have today? People were not dying like this?

I think you were not noticing. A week ago, I was in Zamfara, and I did not know that cattle rustling started since 2009 until then. Do you know that more lives have been lost in Zamfara than in Benue State? Of course it is no consolation. I think thousands of lives have been lost there. I didn’t know that cattle rustling have been that dangerous. It didn’t start in 2015 neither did the farmers, herders’ clash start in 2015. The Agatu killings didn’t take place under this government. It is unfortunate that what is largely an environmental, economic, social issue; we have made it assume an ethnic and religious one.

http://sunnewsonline.com/not-all-pdp-defectors-are-looters-lai-mohammed/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by tayebest(m): 7:26am On Apr 04, 2018
There is a difference between allegations and established cases. All the cases I have mentioned (alleged PDP looters) are already in court. You see, how many times have people written that Lai Mohammed has billions of dollars. But these are allegations that are just ridiculous. I can assure you that if there is any allegation against any member of this government, this government will investigate it

This man can defend the defenceless! cheesy grin

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by naijjaman(m): 7:30am On Apr 04, 2018
shocked
Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by clevvermind(m): 7:34am On Apr 04, 2018
But some of them who defected are looters. What action has Buhari taken against them? or are they now saint?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by swagagolic01(m): 7:36am On Apr 04, 2018
grin
Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by doctimonyeka(m): 7:46am On Apr 04, 2018
Even devil will be rebuking this man for his excessive lies.

.i don't blame you.. I blame those that were gullible enough to vote these old men into power..

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Ngokafor(f): 7:48am On Apr 04, 2018
Lai the notorious liar on the beat!

Story don change cheesy...APC will certainy do themselves in soon with their kiddies charade.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Evablizin(f): 7:51am On Apr 04, 2018
Shameless confused liar.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by DabLord: 7:55am On Apr 04, 2018
undecided , I just feels like holding the baba like this honestly

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Igba123: 8:04am On Apr 04, 2018
Lai yarning dust as usual. Not all u said meaning some are, name those some who looted and are there. Let us not talk about those of u looting in dis administratn as d next govt will give us details come 2019.

14 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by 1nigeriamyfoot: 8:04am On Apr 04, 2018
Lie Muhammed issa madman grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by magoo10(m): 8:47am On Apr 04, 2018
Lie lie Mohammed in his usual characteristics of deceit want to divert attention from the fact that major looters that are in APC today formed the back bone and war chest they used in winning elections in 2015.

What moral is left of a party of thieves that rode to power on looted funds from tax payers monies?

APC is just a scam party that can only confuse the gullible and unsuspecting victim.

10 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Herdsmen: 8:52am On Apr 04, 2018
Kai Mohammed loves lying..

Is like tonic to his health.. can't do without it..

Is addiction..

We have to pray for him..

He no even no say he dey lie....

Let's pray for him..

This is someone dad..

Lies without shame..

Tinubu sef na bad meat...
He position the man wit he go dey useful..

From spokesman to minister of information

Kai is a disgrace to his immediate family..

But who cares as long as its paying

This man actual lies for a living

7 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by saaron(m): 8:52am On Apr 04, 2018
No one takes a pathological liar serious.

3 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Paperwhite(m): 8:52am On Apr 04, 2018
Confusion have set in now. smiley According to the Lai Muhammed idiot "PDP looted & destroyed Nigeria in the last 16years" yet not all PDP renegade that migrated to APC were looters.
Meaning of course that the APC welcomed PDP defectors that were"looters" and are confident with them as politics is a game of numbers.
Hehehe grin grin grin grin you just shot yourself in the foot.Meanwhile still waiting for the list of confirmed APC looters & PDP looters now in the APC.
Ogbeni Lai-Lying-Liar have forgotten that when you point a finger,the remaining four are pointing back @ you

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Paperwhite(m): 8:53am On Apr 04, 2018
Ngokafor:

Lai the notorious liar on the beat!

Story don change cheesy...APC will certainy do themselves in soon with their kiddies charade.
magoo10:
Lie lie Mohammed in his usual characteristics of deceit want to divert attention from the fact that major looters that are in APC today formed the back bone and war chest they used in winning elections.
I'm telling you dear.Useless group of criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by omowolewa: 8:58am On Apr 04, 2018
That means the change was needless then. As not all politicians in APC are saints.

3 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Armstrong34(m): 9:00am On Apr 04, 2018
wake me up when Rotimi Amaechi lands in jail for looting rivers state drycheesy

4 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by zynellsmum(f): 9:02am On Apr 04, 2018
Uncle lai lai

2 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by magoo10(m): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2018
Paperwhite:

I'm telling you dear.Useless group of criminals.

1 Like

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Kemperor: 9:30am On Apr 04, 2018
Lia Mohammed claiming they inherited 23 billion dollars from the previous government which contradicts what Mohammedu Buhari told the world when he won election, that Jonathan (PDP) left no money in the reserve...

So APC are stylishly and gradually admitting to their lies...

Incompetent lying government

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Iyajelili(f): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2018
I haven't been speaking on this man's case because i thought he needed help but now, it is glaring he has dementia, pyschosis and schizophrenia altogether. He can not be saved

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Yeeyo: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2018
this Lai mohammed is a confuse human being and lier, he mean those who are with them are good while those that are against them are bad. what a blind move.

1 Like

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Dottore: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2018
I keep wondering if this man's children and other relatives don't feel sad and ashamed at his countless blunders

5 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2018
Mr Lai since not ALL PDP defectors are looters.

Can we have the list of SOME of the PDP defectors who are looter?

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN

5 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by gurunlocker: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2018
They can never be a looter because we know that

"if one be in APC, he has become a new creation, old things (looting) have passed away, behold they are saint"

They should feature this Liar Mohammed on "How to get away with murder" series... He can defend anything.

4 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Victorakats(m): 9:37am On Apr 04, 2018
So you know that APC have looters in their camp... Okay

2 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by engrflames: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2018
Liar
Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by Kezifils(m): 9:38am On Apr 04, 2018
Mr Linus, keep lying

2 Likes

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by sotall(m): 9:38am On Apr 04, 2018
Ok
Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by yesloaded: 9:38am On Apr 04, 2018
this old man and his talk sha

1 Like

Re: Not All PDP Defectors Are Looters - Lai Mohammed Says by yeyeboi(m): 9:39am On Apr 04, 2018
OK

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019:gov. Tambuwal Meets Fayose And Pdp Delegates In The State(photos) / BREAKING: Former Ogun Speaker Dumps ADC, Joins Dapo Abiodun / Osinbajo Presides Over Monthly NEC Meeting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.