Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Who Is A Wife Material? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Is A Wife Material? (3013 Views)

If You Can't Cook This You Are Not A Husband Or Wife Material-(picture) / My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. / Man Finds A Wife For His Brother On Twitter, And They Are Set To Wed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
mhyra:
Well, submission is neither inferiority nor is it timidity.
thing is, it makes you better than the average lady out there clamoring for equality and superiority.

when you submit, you don't lose your individuality, you're just clicking your wills with your husband's for the common good of the family.

it's just so sad to see some men taking advantage of it.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2017
Simplybami:

What exactly is your definition of submission? I find that word very stifling and unsettling.
Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by LordKO(m): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
bluetrails7:

Sir, i always look out for your comments and respect your posts...But on this one, hmm, you have a private agenda is all i can say, plus, i sense incoherency in your expressions, you're both ways...

Bro me, there's nothing incoherent about my submission, and I've no personal agenda - at least not a selfish one assuming there's.

A wife is to her husband what a gold collar worker is to the company that engages her service.

I wish you could see the thin but big difference between a white/blue collar worker and a gold collar worker.

Another good example is a senate president and his colleagues. Even though he has a veto power, yet ordinarily his colleagues aren't subservient to him - he's only a first among equals. And any time he deliberately and consistently begin to abuse his veto-power he'll automatically lose his colleagues confidence of him.

The importance of the attribute self-effacement - not as a result of timidity though - can never be overestimated. Self-effacement is the foundation attribute on which humility, meekness and tolerance are built upon.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
LordKO:

Bro me, there's nothing incoherent about my submission, and I've no personal agenda - at least not a selfish one assuming there's.

A wife is to her husband what a gold collar worker is to the company that engages her service.

I wish you could see the tiny but big difference between a white/blue collar worker and a gold collar worker.

Another good example is a senate president and his colleagues. Even though he has a veto power, yet ordinarily his colleagues aren't subservient to him - he's only a first among equals. And any time he deliberately and consistently begin to abuse his veto-power he'll automatically his colleagues confidence of him.

The importance of the attribute self-effacement - not as a result of timidity though - can never be overestimated. Self-effacement is the foundation attribute on which humility, meekness and tolerance are built upon.

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by LordKO(m): 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2017
bluetrails7:

SLightly to the middle now. You're too close to the females oh. I have my eyes on you. Don't sell men out. It's equality and partnership we can give. Nothing more

I'm not sentimental against men, I am simply being fair to both genders as a libertarian and an egalitarian. A wife that submits to you do so because she fears you, not because she respects you. But the one that is submissive to you is doing so because she respects you.

Once more, I say that submissiveness requires loyalty (it's volitional) to achieve it, while submission requires servility to achieve it (non-volitional) - one thing both have in common is choice but with different resultant effects. And what differentiate submission from slavery in this regard is that a slave has no choice at all. Having/living with a woman (person) that fears you (frenemy) is rather dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
LordKO:

I'm not sentimental against men, I am simply being fair to both genders as libertarian and an egalitarian. A wife than submit to you does so because he fears you not because he respects you. But the one that is submissive to you is doing so because she respects you.

Once more, I say that submissiveness requires loyalty (its volitional) to achieve it while submission requires servility to achieve it (nonvolitional) - one thing both have in common is choice but with different resultant effects. And what differentiate submission from slavery in this regard is that a slave has no choice at all. Having/living with a woman (person) that fears you (frenemy) is rather dangerous.

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by LordKO(m): 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2017
Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by LordKO(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by LordKO(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
bluetrails7:

Trust me i'm also both libertarian and an egalitarian, ialso agree with many of your ideals before today. But when itcomes to this issue,you're way too extreme to the female, no disrespect ( you're one of the most respected mind i listen to on this forum but i hafta tell you the truth).

God forbid, i don't want my wife to fear me. Out of love and admiration, respect would come, this is not to say submissiveness should be dismissed. Have you watched how females obey their bosses without any iota of questioning their authority? Did you see how laday Sarah addressed Abraham as her Lord? Men, if the ladies of this generation stepdown from their high horses and respect a man, would it kill them? Speak up, and tell me?

Alas, it's why why they hear submissiveness it's interpreted as some thing else. The same way you almost mis-interpreted it. In a house of cntinous arguements, there will be ramblings and it will crash, as a house can not fight against itself and stand, so does strife and every form of competivieness against the headship of the man leads to chaos in the family.

Submissiveness doesn't require servility , i disagree, i have sisters, like you, my sisters respect their husbands, and i stick it into their heads to do this, it doesn't imply that they're slaves...Submissiveness isn't servility,it's power under control, or power yielded to an authority to exercise control. Any maried woman who fears her husband or has no choiceis a slave, you're miscontruing things brova...

It's okay if we say wives be submissive, you know how women are with power, take partnership, take friendship, take equality, but then all we offer seems not to be enough. It's frustrating, and you're adding to it saying submissiveness means servility, I go die. As a kid, iw atched my mum handled dad's business from 8am till 4pm, he comes from work, he takes over, that's submissiveness,partnership and respect to authority, it is the excessive definition that leaves vague meanings and creates a wedge between males and females and you're adding to this problem with due respect Sir.

I never said that submissiveness requires servility, so it's obvious that you misquoted me. Kindly re-read my contributions. Meanwhile, I have to believe that we are talking about two conscientious people in a relationship, right? A healthy one. Well, if you answer yes, you'll be able to understand my position better. Foremost, respect is earned not given, while fear is given not earned. Therefore, a man that respects himself will automatically always earn his wife's submissiveness, and this validates my assertion that loyalty is reciprocal, just as respect is earned.

However, when a man expects submission from his wife, invariably he's full of impunity. It means that he doesn't subscribe to the notion that loyalty is reciprocal and that respect is earned.

Once more, I say that a woman (blue/white collar worker) submits to her boss in the office because she has no volitional choice - she only has non-volitional choice (employees of this class are mid-slaves/servile to their employers), which means either she obey or lose her job. But same woman is not expected and shouldn't submit to her husband at home instead be submissive to him, because by the virtue of what healthy marriage should be, she's a volitional choice (no servility is required only loyalty). Business is transactional while marriage is contractual - don't neglect the importance of euphemism.

The respect is mutual bro. Compliments of the season.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2017
LordKO:

I never said that submissiveness requires servility, so it's obvious that you misquoted me. Kindly re-read my contributions. Meanwhile, I have to believe that we are talking about two conscientious people in a relationship, right? And a healthy marriage. Well, if you answer yes, you'll be able to understand my position better. Foremost, respect is earned not given, while fear is given not earned. Therefore, a man that respects himself will automatically always earn his wife's submissiveness, and this validates my assertion that loyalty is reciprocal, just as respect is earned.

However, when a man expects submission from his wife, invariably he's full of impunity. It means that he doesn't subscribe to the notion that loyalty is reciprocal and that respect is earned.

Once more, I say that a woman (blue/white collar worker) submits to her boss in the office because she has no volitional choice - she only has nonvolitional choice (employees of this class are mid-slaves/servile to their employers), which means either she obey or lose her job. But same woman is not expected and shouldn't submit to her husband at home instead be submissive to him, because by the virtue of what healthy marriage should be, she's a volitional choice (no servility is required only loyalty). Business is transactional while marriage is contractual - don't neglect the importance of euphemism.

The respect is mutual bro. Compliments of the season.

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by LordKO(m): 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
bluetrails7:

We are not after controlling women, manipulation, erasing their individuality, but we just want to be respected as the boss, whether she earns ten times our pay, no issues...this is just the message we preach

Impunity is the after-effect of a lack of control of power. Which is why men should be checkmated by women, anything done without regulation is not good, just like how excessive speeding kills

Most women (people) do fear their bosses, but they do not respect them per se and, of course, what a boss enjoys is a temporary superior pleasure with limited boundary . . . . Remember, when desirable is not available available becomes desirable.

The difference between a boss at work and a husband at home is that while the former is a ruler the latter is a leader. This is the same difference between submission and submissiveness, demand and request, transactional and contractual. The importance of euphemism can never be overestimated.

According to you "Impunity is the after-effect of a lack of control of power. Which is why men should be checkmated by women, anything done without regulation is not good, just like how excessive speeding kills." Believe you me, that a domineering person will rather choose to die than to give up on impunity. So, you see the importance of embracing diplomatic ethical leanings and choosing a wife/husband that share same diplomatic ethical leanings.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by habsydiamond(m): 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2017
We can search for anything for internet....na wetin some people dey use do there sef plenty pass...some go still ask Google...wetin I chop last night
Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2017
LordKO:

Most women (people) do fear their bosses, but they do not respect them per se. . . . Remember, when desirable is not available available becomes desirable.

The difference between a boss at work and a husband at home is that while the former is a ruler the latter is a leader. This is the same difference between submission and submissiveness, demand and request, transactional and contractual. The importance of euphemism can never be overestimated.

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by LordKO(m): 10:11pm On Dec 21, 2017
bluetrails7:

The new problem of the new generation we're all too intelligent....

I believe we mean the same thing...A man that wants his wife to fear him isn't a man.

Fear thrives on negativity

Respect on mutual ineterests, happiness and goals.

Are you sure that people of the new generation are too intelligent? Personally, I'll say that people of the new generation have access to too many information, ironically only few have the ability to convert the available information to knowledge - knowledge will always remain superior to information, just as intelligence will always remain superior to brilliance.

Acquisition of too many information without equal knowledge breeds conceit, and conceit (together with corruption) is one of the major banes of poverty you see everywhere, especially in a country like ours. Productiveness is a major hallmark of intelligence.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
LordKO:

Are you sure that people of the new generation are too intelligent? Personally, I'll say that people of the new generation has access to too many information, ironically only few has the ability to convert the available information to knowledge - knowledge will always remain superior to information, just as intelligence will always remain superior to brilliance.

Acquisition of too many information without equal knowledge breeds conceit and conceit (together with corruption) is one of the major banes of poverty you see everywhere, especially in a country like ours. Productiveness is a major hallmark of intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by ubergold(m): 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2017
tintedniggz:

Hi bro, guess you're good. Can I do you a pm? I'd like to discuss some issues relating to logistics with you. Thanks!

No p, go ahead
Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by tintedniggz(m): 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2017
ubergold:

No p, go ahead
I just did. Thanks!
Re: Who Is A Wife Material? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
Its okay, its fine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Caught His Cheating Wife With Another Man On Livestream (video) / Super Star Vanessa Bell Goes NUDE!! / I Am Ashamed, My Heart Is Broken And Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.