Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) (64030 Views)

Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video). / Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) / Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by olamariamjonez(m): 12:46pm On Dec 16, 2017
Abah. This is an old train now. Naija why now?
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 16, 2017
your mates r using tubes that can take you from lagos to calabar in 30mins . you called this trains!!meteew Nigeria

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Feraz(m): 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
HAH:
If you have been on this train from abuja to kaduna you will appreciate it, to me it is better than the ones I used between London and Manchester.

The train are probably going to abuja for the kaduna route as the minister promised more coaches, no one that used that train that is not impressed, the train has a speed of 160 but actual used is between 100-120

Reference:
OP, 160 kph is not high speed in the world of trains but as a fan of rail transport am excited Nigeria is showing sustained interest in this direction and commend the government for backing this up with concrete steps.

We donot need to start with high speed trains and we donot need to start with passenger traffic. The government should invest more into cargo traffic where the problem lies and where the money is to further expand investment.

It breaks my heart to see what we transport cross cou try on our roads, cargoes that are not worth the roads they pass on. Roads are built primarily to be 'soft' for comfort travel and to to ease the wear on tyres. They have load limits and when this is exceeded the normally elastic bituminous infusion gives way. Rail lines on the other hand are made from high strength corrosion resistant alloyed steel which is near indestructible. The load limits are tens of times more than roads and maintenance is just a fraction of the cost. So when we use our highways to haul such heavy loads as cement, stones, steel products and such worth less cargoes as farm produce we are eroding the resources with which to expamd and deepen our infrastructure foot print. Not surprising that we have not launched or comissioned any major, meaningful piece of transportation infrastructure in the last decade and a half. We are just battling to maintain the ones we have and losing that battle.

If the government can provide a carrot in reliable cross country rail services and a stick in heavy tolling of articulated vehicles on the highway we can save huge amounts off our annual budget. The roads will be safer, last longer and enable us to focus on building newer, more efficient ones.

Thus is what investors both local and foreign look out for, cost and efficiency of transport. Rail transport is known world wide to be the safest, cheapest and most reliable. When government has satisfied commerce and industry it can then focus on passenger transport. As a matter of fact this is best done by states which should invest in city to city linkages where the bulk of traffic resides. There are a lot more people travelling from parts of Ogun or Oyo to Lagos or Rivers to Abia or Anambra to Imo or Kano to Kaduna than there are folks travelling from say Kano to Lagos or Abuja to Portharcourt. States can do even more in this regards.

mmsen:

Outside of Europe how many countries use TGV?

Does Nigeria need to pay that premium now? Why not build up a viable network and then go from there?

In the same way that you wouldn't buy your daughter a Rolls Royce as a first vehicle it doesn't make sense for Nigeria to buy TGVs.

Hi there! I frankly do not have a problem with the trains being brought here as I believe we should start from somewhere before using MAGLEV and its likes (since we lack electricity to power the machine and the lack of maintenance culture) and then convert these ones in the thread to maybe cargo trains as long as the funds are there. What I cannot stand is the hypocrisy of certain APC stalwarts who previously criticized the choice of trains brought by the previous administration and termed it obsolete. I clicked on this thread, hopeful that they are actually high speed trains as promised when many supporters flooded the net with pictures of PMB inspecting high speed trains from Japan. Talk about deceiving the populace with false information.

A certain guy called LRNZH said when I once suggested to him that we should make do of these ones in Nigeria and when the use is high and as we bring in more, then we can start with the purchase of HS trains - "We have no business using outdated technologies when the world is seriously moving forward. Do you because we do not produce cars and phones, buy old modelled cars?" to paraphrase.

Please, go through these few threads listed below:

https://www.nairaland.com/2273789/photo-gmb-inspecting-train-new

https://www.nairaland.com/2184251/doyin-okupe-nigeria-cant-afford

https://www.nairaland.com/2064509/photos-comparison-gej-new-trains

https://www.nairaland.com/2781796/nigeria-correct-lapses-rail-agreements

https://www.nairaland.com/2184389/video-gejs-refurbished-trains-motion

Off topic - where's SeverusSnape BTW?

2 Likes

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Kylce042(m): 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
Still not what they promised us.
Last time i checked this is what a speed train looks like not this old and over used garbage.

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Kylce042(m): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
tsdarkside:
you people and looks...thats why una men bleach their skin and your women wear wigs....nawa....

Mushi!
Its called having eye for good things.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by ernieboy(m): 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
sleepyeyez:
these rubbish looking things?
worn out carriages that went out of use years back n got shipped down to Africa as usual.
naija the refuse dump. who knows how much d naija middle man got from this shoddy deal.
google high speed trains n see what they really look like.
I taya for these people, do they really assume they are talking to illiterates, for a train to be considered one of the fastest,it has to have an aerodynamic shape,that right there is a locomotive.

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Bakrabas: 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
Used train as usual
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
sleepyeyez:
worn out carriages that went out of use years back n got shipped down to Africa as usual.
naija the refuse dump. who knows how much d naija middle man got from this shoddy deal.
Why can't your people manufacture your own? A manufactured rubbish is still better than no manufacturing at all.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
mmsen:

There were three links. Look at the other two - public campaigns calling for a return to the days of British Rail.
This was why the cross rail is being built . And HSC 2.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2017
ernieboy:

I taya for these people, do they really assume they are talking to illiterates, for a train to be considered one of the fastest,it has to have an aerodynamic shape,that right there is a locomotive.
Good point

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 2:43pm On Dec 16, 2017
Blyzz:
this train is using jet engine, so its much faster compare to normal train. let appreciate and celebrate an improvement. my pain is, it wasn't designed here in Nigeria by our Nigeria automobile engineers.
Jet Engine ? where did you get that from?
So you did not have eyes to see the electric cables above
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Vivere: 2:45pm On Dec 16, 2017
erico2k2:

You just wan use laugh to kill everyone for here!! cheesy
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by LaudateII: 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2017
erico2k2:
Oh lawd....who brought jet engines into this topic, now? That guy you quoted is just too ridiculous for words, I swear!
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by LaudateII: 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2017
Vivere:

You just wan use laugh to kill everyone for here!! cheesy
Some people are citing "jet engines" as an example, because they are too ignorant for words. Erico2k2 should just have ignored him, honestly! angry
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by mmsen: 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
erico2k2:

This was why the cross rail is being built . And HSC 2.

Cross Rail is being built to take some of the slack from the Central Line (and the other lines that run east-west in London) which is one of the most uncomfortable journeys during rush hour.

HS2 is something else altogether. That's about implementing real high speed rail in England.

Neither have anything to do with people campaigning for the return of state owned rail.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2017
mmsen:

Cross Rail is being built to take some of the slack from the Central Line (and the other lines that run east-west in London) which is one of the most uncomfortable journeys during rush hour.

HS2 is something else altogether. That's about implementing real high speed rail in England.

Neither have anything to do with people campaigning for the return of state owned rail.
cross Rail amd HS2 are same thing I work with them . Cross rail is HS1 . Some times its good to speak of what we k know . The problem with the UK Rail network is not quality rather capacity . The population is increasing so they need to expand capacity . So cross Rail and HS2 are not just London it's across the whole of England
the cross rail. O's 118km operated by TFL and it cuts across existing stations in London . Why do U think we have cross rail stations at Liverpool street and St Pancras ?

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Princewalle(m): 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
aloku oyinbo
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by gmoni2(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2017
sleepyeyez:

This is mediocre. These politicians are robbing us of our future and we keep praising them.
Is this the kind of train we need in the 21 century, we need to form a political party that exclude these set of politicians..
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by mmsen: 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
erico2k2:

cross Rail amd HS2 are same thing I work with them . Cross rail is HS1 . Some times its good to speak of what we k know . The problem with the UK Rail network is not quality rather capacity . The population is increasing so they need to expand capacity . So cross Rail and HS2 are not just London it's across the whole of England
the cross rail. O's 118km operated by TFL and it cuts across existing stations in London . Why do U think we have cross rail stations at Liverpool street and St Pancras ?

You're one to talk about 'speak of what you know'.

HS2 is a high speed line from London to the Midlands and beyond

Cross Rail is a line from one end of London to another. It will be managed by TfL.

Neither address the issues that people have with privatized rail. You don't understand the issues.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
erico2k2:

I didn't observe the wires. but you can do your research on train using modern jet engine.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
Blyzz:
I didn't observe the wires. but you can do your research on train using modern jet engine.
Ok will do when I get home and yoy day the are in operation not concept ?
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
mmsen:

You're one to talk about 'speak of what you know'.

HS2 is a high speed line from London to the Midlands and beyond

Cross Rail is a line from one end of London to another. It will be managed by TfL.

Neither address the issues that people have with privatized rail. You don't understand the issues.
so Birkshire and Essex are London right ? ??
Look I'm sure there are a thousand things you know that I do not know so there is no shame in saying you do not know . Why don't you google cross rail stations and stops to get a better understanding ? ?As for me I don't need Google as I am here

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by kenomobola(m): 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
I can only imagine the joy, and delight going through the mind of any government officials reading this thread. Sadly, anyone having a contrary, critical view to this government is always labeled an envious hater.
True high speed trains always have a curved front, why? Aerodynamics. This design lessens air resistance, hence conserving energy expenditure.
I don't care about who started the importation process, because as far as I'm concerned, government is a continuum. Here are the questions I'm really interested in:
How much was used to procure these trains?
Could we have used the money to buy something more modern?
How did the Chinese get to the front of the technological queue, did they do it by folding their arms, or by being proactive?
Do we have to wallow in centuries of technological backwardness before we get developed?
Don't you think it would be easier, and more beneficial if we utilize cutting-edge technology now?

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by AmTruth: 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
Mr President, we the really true Nigerians appreciate once again your effort on another mile stone achievement.
With the specification that this train is air conditioned and as a matter of fact even if the train is 250km/hour. I suggest that there should be speed limit on it. Cause driving at even 150km/hour is not safe with our topography.

Well done Mr President and Hon minister of Transport.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Sarah20A(f): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
How is this scrap a high speed train

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
less than 30 billion dollars can fix nigeria's railway sector for good and put it at world standard.its a bold and massive project but would be worth every cent.but i guess nigeria is not yet at that point regardless of our vast resources which has been and would continue to be abused by our leaders...

1 Like

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by mmsen: 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
erico2k2:

so Birkshire and Essex are London right ? ??
Look I'm sure there are a thousand things you know that I do not know so there is no shame in saying you do not know . Why don't you google cross rail stations and stops to get a better understanding ? ?As for me I don't need Google as I am here

Berkshire and Essex are in the London commuter belt and the line will be managed by TfL aka Transport for London.

It's a different line from HS2.

And it has nothing to do with the call for re-nationalization of the rail lines.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
mmsen:

Berkshire and Essex are in the London commuter belt and the line will be managed by TfL aka Transport for London.

It's a different line from HS2.

And it has nothing to do with the call for re-nationalization of the rail lines.
so Reading,Twyford and Maidenhead are London commuter belt the closest station to London is Slough and it's outside the M 25. Anyway U dnt have a clue .
.Go back to Google again plzzzzzz Birkshire and Essex to London is like saying Lagos and Ondo are or Rivers and Delta are in same commute belt . This was how one guy here said He schools in Southampton uni but lives in London . Make Una wise small

2 Likes

Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Myde4naija(m): 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
On those rickety train tracks?
construction of new track have commence.
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by owo2000: 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
This thing looks old
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by Romanciella(f): 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2017
raker300:
Op

This is what high speed trains look like

Stop lying to the people
chai
Re: High Speed Trains Arrive Nigeria Months After Inspection In China (Photos) by palearab: 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
Am glad people are beginning to be aware of the rubbish or sub standard projects our government are using to deceives us calling them high quality... This shit of a train I believe some of our university students would design better..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Drunk Man Rams Into A Compound While Returning From A Club With Ladies. Photos / Checkout This Lady Commercial Driver In Lagos (photos) / Nigeria Acquires New Train Coaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.