Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

"Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed (75712 Views)

Mohbad Was Brought In Dead, Didn't Die In Our Facility - Perez Medcare Hospital / Breaking News: Book On Fela Anikulapo Kuti Out On Kindle / Afrocandy: JT Tom West Shot Dead On A Movie Set, He Didn't Die In Car Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by stagger: 11:26am On Dec 16, 2017
princeade86:
something must wrong with anyone thinking fela died frm HIV. if he died from HIV, why are all his wives are HIV negative.

His brother, Olukoye Ransome Kuti, former health minister under Babangida from 1985 to 1993 (the only minister who was never reschuffled or removed) was responsible for his brother's care. Fela was tested and his results were known to the family. Ransome-Kuti was the one who read the statement announcing the cause of death.

This is not about whether anybody "believes" what Fela died of. His cause of death was scientifically proven and announced by his own brother who was a world-renowned medical doctor.

This is not about beer parlour talk. AIDS IS REAL.

4 Likes

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by nototribalist: 11:27am On Dec 16, 2017
ollah1:

Because that's what the media wants you to know. The power of the media.

Fela was killed by corrupt government because be was always on their nerves. They linked it with AIDS simply because he was sleeping with loads of ladies
but the same man that killed Fela, is the Messiah of South West today. Sai baba
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:28am On Dec 16, 2017
Hahaha, abeg mention ONE hero naija has, Im waiting? Even pastors and Imam's avoid criticizing politicians, Im not surprised by the write up, we have always hated the truth, instead we love the Dino Malaye's and their selfies

petenweke:
Fela! The man that ruined the lifes of youths in ikeja area. Reckless, lawless, promiscuous, wayward, vulgar... yet loved by many who indulge in his above attributes.
Fela was a great singer but he was no role model... no hero.
How do I know? Because you will not wish for any of your son, daughter, or any siblings to be associated as a Fela Boy or Girl. Infact it is derogatory to be termed as one when he was alive.

1 Like

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 16, 2017
nototribalist:
but the same man that killed Fela, is the Messiah of South West today. Sai baba

Perhaps we should invite Fela's family so you can tell me with confidence that Buhari killed Fela
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 16, 2017
Too bad the same HIV he didn't fear killed him.

1 Like

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by laliga01: 11:47am On Dec 16, 2017
profmiganigal:
You people should stop all these lies

We all know Fela died of HIV-AIDS.......

So how many of the wives were diagnosed of HIV AIDS too?
Them don use your brain play dog race.

1 Like

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:47am On Dec 16, 2017
Wow, didn't know that! 1st time I learned something new on NL smiley

thorpido:
His brother,Professor Olikoye Ransome Kuti made the announcement that he dies of HIV-AIDSShortly after he died,Seun's mother also died and another of his wives also died of unknown causes.He obviously didn't have sex with all of them and it's possible that many of them will not be positive.Moreover,HIV doesn't kill immediately.
Which doctors are you talking about?His brother,a professor of medicine made the announcement himself that his brother died of HIV-AIDS complications.
Cardiac arrest is just a culmination of everything.Cardiac arrest can be due to complications of diabetes,hypertension,lung compromise,etc.Cardiac arrest due to.................I hope you understand.

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 16, 2017
laliga01:

So how many of the wives were diagnosed of HIV AIDS too?
Anyway Them don use my brain play dog race.

Is like u have eaten dat una amala weda na ewedu stirred with toilet broom.......abi...
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by CELEBRITIZ(m): 11:57am On Dec 16, 2017
MRAKBEE:
Fela did not die of HIV –Laide Babayale
What would you say was your happiest moment with Fela?
Every time with him was exciting. Fela was a nice person to be with. You just loved him. Fela is from a wealthy background and I am also from a wealthy background but I fell in love with him because Fela was fighting for others, yet today, people are still suffering. See what is happening to our people; there is so much poverty. A lot of people cannot afford three square meals. Our children are running away from the country everyday to go and meet their untimely deaths. It is so sad.
Twenty years after, are we doing enough to honour the man, Fela and the women who stood by him?
It is only Bolanle Austin Peters that is doing anything to honour him and his wives. Apart from her, there is no other person doing that. It is only the children that are doing Felabration and they are just doing it for their own pocket; it is not for us. Bolanle is honouring Fela today because she knows and appreciates what Fela stood for. I don’t know how old she was when Fela was alive, but she is still celebrating Fela after 20 years, a time when everybody has forgotten about us. When Bolanle called me and said she wanted to celebrate us, I was like ‘why, who are we?’ May God bless her soul for remembering the women that stood and fought with Fela? Since Fela died we have been completely forgotten. Bolanle really gave us honour.
How did you feel when Fela died in 1997?
I was at work that day and the news was a big shock to me. Because too many people were coming to Kalakuta then, the place became overcrowded so I had to go back to my parents’ house. It was from there that I started working as a working class woman. When he was sick I went to see him with the late Olikoye Ransome Kuti, Aunty Dolu and late Sola was also there. It was about two weeks after that he died. He always advised us to work hard. He never tolerated docile people and he always paid us well. When I saw him I knew he was going to die. I cried as I left his room that day. I cried because I never expected to see him in the condition that I saw him.
How did you meet Fela and how did you end up one of his Queens?
That was while I was in secondary school. My house was opposite the Shrine at Surulere Night Club. That was how I met him and became his dancer. I started with Fela as a girlfriend before he eventually married me.
You mean Fela asked you out?
No, he just saw me and said he liked me and I also liked him; it was a mutual feeling.
Here was the big artiste, Fela, and there you were a young girl in school. Were you not intimidated by his status?
I felt that way, but that was what I wanted; that was what I was looking for. I am a music lover. I was in love with Fela. It was the music that attracted me to him.
How did your parents take it that their daughter was in love with Fela?
They did not take it lightly at all. What we saw on stage today is exactly what happened, because I was taken out of Fela’s house more than 10 times and I always went back. There was no time I stayed away (laughter).
Did they ever come to terms with the fact that their daughter was head over heels for Fela?
They did not. Up till today they have not accepted it.
In 1977 he married 27 of you. What could have led to that?
Fela loved us and was not happy with the way people were treating his women. He married us because he wanted to make us proud; he did not want us to be disgraced. They used to call us prostitutes and Ashewo, Igbo (Indian hemp) smokers and this made us very unhappy. He knew how we had fought with him and suffered for him. We left everything, sacrificed everything just to be with him. We never abandoned him to surfer alone; anywhere they were taking him to we went with him. By marrying us he gave us honour and showed us appreciation. He wanted us to be respected as responsible and hard working wives.
Could you recount 1977 when Kalakuta Republic was burnt down?
I was with Mama. It was both of us that first saw the soldiers. I was so close to Fela, I was the one taking care of her. I took care of Mama till she died. I started taking care of her in 1974.
What kind of a woman was she?
Oh, it is thumbs up to her. Everybody knew who Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti was. She was the woman that fought for Universal Adult Suffrage, she was the woman that sent an Alake away from the throne, and she was the first woman that drove a car in Nigeria. She was a pioneer and an inspiration to millions of Nigerian women.
Fela in a song said that she was thrown out of the window and that was what led to her death…
Of course, I was beside her when they came for her.
Can you recount that moment?
My brother, it is so long ago and painful. I don’t want to relive it again. I never had any premonition that anything untoward was going to happen that morning. I was in Mama’s room and I had just made food for her which she ate and we sat down and were chatting, while Fela was sleeping in his room. Suddenly, all hell broke loose; I was lucky to have escaped with my life.
You were her nurse. What were the last words she told you?
We were in the hospital together at LUTH and from there to General Hospital Lagos. Her condition was so bad she could not speak for a while because of her injuries. I was the one feeding her alongside her first daughter.
You were so many queens under one roof with Fela, how were you all able to live in peace under one roof?
There is no secret. We all had our own space. In a room we had like 16 of us and you must not violate your neighbour’s space.
A lot of times Fela was beaten up and arrested. Wasn’t there a time you felt he might not survive the beatings?
Lai lai! I always knew he was coming back to us and we waited for him. We knew that they could never kill Fela, because he never killed anybody. The only weapon he had was his music.
What was the greatest advice Fela gave you?
Fela asked me if I still wanted to go to school and study but I said no. He wanted me to go back to school but I told him that life had ‘entered’ my body and I did not want to go back. And so he said I must work, which was what I did throughout our years together.
How much was he paying you per show?
No, he never paid us for shows. We took our salary every Monday; we were his workers.
Twenty years after his death, are you still missing Fela?
Very much! That was why after Fela died I could not remarry or stay with any man, because I was so in love with Fela. His standard was too high. He was too generous. He was every woman’s dream; he was a disciplinarian who knew how to handle his women.
What year did you leave Fela?
I never left Fela. I was with him till the very end even after I moved back to my parent’s house, I still kept seeing him.
So, what do you do now?
I am a retiree; a pensioner to be precise.
After your experience with Fela, would you advise your children to go into music?
My children are doing their own-o. I don’t interfere with their dreams and they are successful businessmen and women.
Do you have any regrets meeting Fela?
I have none. He was the greatest thing that happened to me.
There was this report after Fela’s death that he died due to HIV. As a woman who knew him very well, what is your take?
I don’t believe that. Fela did not die of AIDS. I still wonder what gave them that impression. What killed Fela was the beating he received from soldiers for many years. He was always in pain because of the beatings and that affected his health seriously. I totally disagree that Fela died of AIDS.
c as he long,who go read am?

1 Like

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 16, 2017
Uber set up a covert unit tasked with stealing competitors’ secrets and engaging in undercover surveillance, a letter published by a US court on Friday has alleged. It is critical evidence in Uber’s legal battle with Waymo, the self-driving car company that accuses the ride-sharing firm of stealing its technology. The letter, sent by lawyers representing a former Uber employee, sparked an internal investigation when it was sent to Uber in May, but has not been made public until now. Read more at

https://free.facebook.com/PIX-1521015771533164
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by crisycent: 12:01pm On Dec 16, 2017

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by lanocfoods: 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2017
Abeg wetin dey say kill am, I no read sad
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by enemyofprogress: 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
Madam stop lying,na Aids kill Fela and you know it

2 Likes

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by blessingsonflee(f): 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
Someone should tell us about the other story that said he was injected by his brother who was paid my the military. 2 sides of a coin HIV/ Injection. Something must kill a man cry
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by laliga01: 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2017
profmiganigal:

Is like u have eaten dat una amala weda na ewedu stirred with toilet broom.......abi...

Nigga, you are Jon snow...
End of case.
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by missyadorable(f): 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
princeade86:
something must wrong with anyone thinking fela died frm HIV. if he died from HIV, why are all his wives are HIV negative.

How do you know ALL his wives are negative? Have you conducted HIV test on ALL of them?

2 Likes

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
laliga01:

Nigga, you are Jon snow...
End of case.

Ask victor Banjo or awolowo who drank rat poison....they can explain the meaning of jon snow to u better.
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by laliga01: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
profmiganigal:

Ask victor Banjo or awolowo who drank rat poison....they can explain the meaning of jon snow to u better.

When a fly think he is stubborn, he follows the corpse to the grave.
Dnt allow your case to be like that of Oliver twist.
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
profmiganigal:

Hey Pig! How are you guys faring out there in Potor republic?
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by otiranking(m): 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
Who him help[color=#006600][/color]
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2017
laliga01:

When a fly think he is stubborn, he follows the corpse to the grave. Dnt allow your case to be like that of Oliver twist.
Badly educated.....
The only thing I know about oliver twist is that he asks for more....
Go back to school
Proverb no fit u

1 Like

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by ashjay001(m): 12:42pm On Dec 16, 2017
Wetin ds Fela do?
Legend! Abami Eda
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by GOFRONT(m): 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2017
I pity fela for d fact that he himself and him alone tried to battle with a corrupt govt with TRUTH.....Truth was the weapon he used through his Music against a corrupt Govt. But unfortunately his Truth was overpowered by d then corrupt govt, reason why the present generation of Nigerian youths hate the truth abt govt, and now the govt hav capitalized on our Love for LIES and they started playing us like pingpong game.... Just point at a corrupt activity goin on in an agency and someone wil want to Cut your life. Some will boldly defend a corrupt fellow.

Thats why we hate the TRUTH and fell deeply in love with lies these dayz even when the TRUTH is glarringly Gaping at us in d face.

The resultant effect is the Hardlife and hardship some of us are passing thru right now.

Rest on Fela Kuti.You was attacked when you became a Thorn in the Flesh of a govt that wants to be corrupt. I hope u are in heaven...Nigeria is Hell

1 Like

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by dupsyhari(f): 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2017
hummmm fela Anikulapo Kuti
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by laliga01: 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2017
profmiganigal:

Badly educated.....

The only thing I know about oliver twist is that he asks for more....

Go back to school

Proverb no fit u

I dnt expect a Jon snow like you to comprehend.
I would have been more worried if you understood.
Can you go sip some zobo and allow the son of man to take a siesta.
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by juman(m): 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2017
Abami Eda!
The great musician that fought for the right of common man.
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by juman(m): 12:53pm On Dec 16, 2017
Aids is real, beware.

1 Like

Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 16, 2017
Conspiracy theorist I hail cheesy cheesy
Wiseandtrue:
Fela was a great man! OBJ and CO wanted him dead by all means because they couldn't withstand the truth!

During that time, I feel they injected him with a virus just like FG would have succeeded with this monkey pox if not that Nigerians are alert and wiser!

For once Fela created this consciousness in Nigerians, such that we don't take every thing from FGs hook and sinker. Nigerians now ask questions!

I would say that he is the first activist in Nigeria

May he RIP
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 16, 2017
laliga01:

I dnt expect a Jon snow like you to comprehend. I would have been more worried if you understood. Can you go sip some zobo and allow the son of man to take a siesta.
Ok........
Just learn to leave igbos alone.......son of woman
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by laliga01: 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
profmiganigal:

Ok........

Just learn to leave igbos alone.......son of woman

How can the son of the soil leave igbo's alone.
Full blooded nwa mbaise.
Nwanna berebere oh.
Re: "Fela Didn't Die Of AIDS" - Wives Open Up On Fela, Sex & Weed by Shaev7(m): 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2017
One of the Revolutionist Nigeria ever had! #Respect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maryam Booth Nudes: Deezell Sued For N10 Million / "I Slept With Tuface In 2014 In Detroit" - Lady Tells Annie Idibia / Ayobami Akinwale Dies After A Brief Illness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.