Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise (11869 Views)

Noise Pollution: Man Storms Neighboring Church With His Dogs To Warn Them (vid) / Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever / Noise Pollution: Court Seals Anambra Church, Issues Ten Days Relocation Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by naijacentric(m): 10:41am On Dec 17, 2017
paroh137:
My guy, I learned this while living with my uncle. As you have warned them to stop and they don't want to hear, buy your own megaphone, a bigger one if you can. As them don start their noise, you sef play Olamide's Wo and Small Doctor's Penalty on repeat, make them go call police. I've come to conclusion that Nigerians are mad from birth. You have to treat their madness with madness, forget being a Christian. Your sanity is more important, because I assure you one day you'll run mad if you keep doing this to yourself.
baba God bless u die u just spoke my mind
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Reader1988: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2017
celestialAgent:
That’s not a Church, but a nuisance.

My advice: Make a strict complaint to the church prime members. Should they refuse to respect your person, burn down the church undecided

One terrorist from another Religion advised you to burn down the church. In the
north, neighbouring mosques use massive loud speakers from 3 a.m. If it's north
even heavy military barracks can't stop them. If Muslims block road during prayers
and nobody complains . I suggest the church should use more heavy microphone
too. I am a Hausa Christian from Kano.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by val15: 10:50am On Dec 17, 2017
Bro buy a bigger sound system that will overpower their own after then,they should be the one complaining
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Habibsocial080: 11:11am On Dec 17, 2017
sorextee:
Abeg which time be ManU match? If I give barca 1.5, is it safe?
lol under 1.5 go make sense die
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Ups01(m): 11:29am On Dec 17, 2017
Mirahcul:
One mistake one could make is residing near a Church, mosque or an event centre...
One would be lucky to be sane during one's rent duration.
OP, I don't think you can do anything about it. Just consider moving out atleast you got yur sanity intact.

Thanks for this advice, even though it makes me sad, right now i rent a place that's bad for my health.
I've concluded am moving out. So that i can get my health intact.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Ups01(m): 11:32am On Dec 17, 2017
esthel:
Ever heard of Nuisance, get a lawyer and sue them, the law provides you with a right to enjoy your land and property and where anyone interferes with this right you can go ahead to institute an action against them.

am just wondering how much it would cost to sue my landlord. That Man too dey lie!
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Reader1988: 11:37am On Dec 17, 2017
celestialAgent:
That’s not a Church, but a nuisance.

My advice: Make a strict complaint to the church prime members. Should they refuse to respect your person, burn down the church undecided
even heavy military barracks can't stop them. If Muslims block road during prayers
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by budaatum: 11:41am On Dec 17, 2017
MhizzAJ:
You could change your location
It's only in Nigeria that churches use massive loudspeakers to disturb other people

Please consider thread below before relocating.
Countries To Avoid As A God Fearing Nigerian
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by dotedote: 11:43am On Dec 17, 2017
GoldenJAT:
you've done the right thing... I can quite relate with the scenario above. Nevertheless, I will implore you to exercise some more patience with them while constantly reminding them of the megaphone. HAPPY SUNDAY.

Imagine this!
Exercise more patience? ??

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 17, 2017
calabaman:
Dear All,

Please no bashing!

I am located at uyo, akwaibom and am staying besides a church that won't allow me rest in quiet.
Day and night, they have services which is not an issue to me.
THE PROBLEM IS, THEY HAVE A MEGAPHONE THAT MAKES LOADS OF NOISE KEEPING ME FROM SLEEP AND GIVING ME CONTINOUS HEADACHE as I can't sleep with all the noise.
I HAVE ASKED THEM TO TURN DOWN THE VOLUME OR RELOCATE THE MEGAPHONE TO NO AVAIL.
I AM A CHRISTIAN, AND FEEL ITS WRONG TO INFORM THE POLICE ABOUT THIS.... WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS PLEASE.

You are a Christian, and you feel it is wrong to inform the police. They are Christians too (probably better ones than you, since they are praying when you want to sleep), and they do not think it is wrong to prevent you from enjoying your hard-earned rent. Continue to love your neighbour more than yourself.

Just cover your head with pillow, or sleep with those giant headphones on your head.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by budaatum: 11:50am On Dec 17, 2017
miraclear:

RELOCATE, THE WORK OF GOD MUST BE DONE....YOU SHOULD FIND ANOTHER HOUSE IN ANOTHER NEIGHBOURHOOD....SINCE YOU DONT WANT THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO BE UR NEIGHBOUR, OK.
So, these people who do not care whether their neighbours have peace and quiet are "PEOPLE OF GOD"?

O lord, please make these "PEOPLE OF GOD" move out so quiet people of no god can move in. In god's name I pray, amen.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by OboOlora(f): 11:54am On Dec 17, 2017
Lol
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Pylony(m): 12:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
Religion has gotten the brains of most Nigerians rotten, we indicate so much religion as if Muhammad and Jesus were Nigerians to the world, but is the same nation holding the corruption gold medal in the world. As the rest of the world are busy revolutionizing science and technology, some of us are already yahoo-boys, others skull-miners for some na drug trafficking them sabi pass and we'll fill up prayer houses thinking we're fooling the creator with our tithes and zakat. Na yourselves u dey do ooo

This is why a Noise pollution law should be put in place in this country to punish any religion that disturb peoples ear drums.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by TonyRoland(m): 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
calabaman:
Dear All,

Please no bashing!

I am located at uyo, akwaibom and am staying besides a church that won't allow me rest in quiet.
THE PROBLEM IS, THEY HAVE A MEGAPHONE THAT MAKES LOADS OF NOISE KEEPING ME FROM SLEEP AND GIVING ME CONTINOUS HEADACHE as I can't sleep with all the noise.
I HAVE ASKED THEM TO TURN DOWN THE VOLUME OR RELOCATE THE MEGAPHONE TO NO AVAIL.
I AM A CHRISTIAN, AND FEEL ITS WRONG TO INFORM THE POLICE ABOUT THIS.... WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS PLEASE.
relocate bro
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by spencekat(m): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
charismaticdave:
Learn to sleep with the noise. Condition your mind to ignore the noise or else na die you dey so
Please how can one condition his/her mind to sleep with the noise?.I find it difficult to sleep in a noisy place.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by blackfase(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
Very safe...I played 1&ov1.5

sorextee:
Abeg which time be ManU match?
If I give barca 1.5, is it safe?
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Tonymic4life(m): 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
To the best of my knowledge, any church that must b built should have a sound proof building that wud absorb the sound coming from the speakers so ad not to disturb the neighbours or the church should b located in a non residential area.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by spencekat(m): 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=Reader1988 post=63357549][/quote]In the North,they don't complain about noises from speakers.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by spencekat(m): 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
Reader1988:

Don't mind him.In the north,no one complains about the noise from mosques.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Timiblanko(m): 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
You are a Christian but not born again if you are you won't see anything had with their micro phone
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by enemyofprogress: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
First have a polite talk with them about two to three times. If that fails get a crazy DJ with his set of music and let the speakers face the church and have a very loud party with lots of crazy people in attendance, I did for almost a month in my area and it worked,they begged me for reconciliation

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by enemyofprogress: 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
Timiblanko:
You are a Christian but not born again if you are you won't see anything had with their micro phone
so because he is born again,they should disturb his peace with their noise. Nigerians and sentiments
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by jaychubi: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
calabaman:
Dear All,

Please no bashing!

There is nothing u can do except to relocate to another plan dts all
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by AreaFada2: 1:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
mmsen:
Churches are very inconsiderate.

People in our environment like to force their own way of life down others' throats. It is not just churches. It is society in general.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
paroh137:
My guy, I learned this while living with my uncle. As you have warned them to stop and they don't want to hear, buy your own megaphone, a bigger one if you can. As them don start their noise, you sef play Olamide's Wo and Small Doctor's Penalty on repeat, make them go call police. I've come to conclusion that Nigerians are mad from birth. You have to treat their madness with madness, forget being a Christian. Your sanity is more important, because I assure you one day you'll run mad if you keep doing this to yourself.
taati billion likes cool
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by mmsen: 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
AreaFada2:

People in our environment like to force their own way of life down others' throats. It is not just churches. It is society in general.

You're right but the churches really take liberties and get away with it, for the most part.

And they are one of the chief influences in Nigerian society - what they do is copied by others.

Why do they need to have those huge speakers outside of their buildings?
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Lomprico2: 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
There is nothing you can do nor can be done by anyone! Welcome to nigeria. undecided
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by godofuck231: 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
calabaman:
Dear All,

Please no bashing!

Load the speaker with plenty akpu, uncooked one ,it is said in the book of life that there is peace in my father's house not noise
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by ImaIma1(f): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
Mirahcul:
One mistake one could make is residing near a Church, mosque or an event centre...
One would be lucky to be sane during one's rent duration.
OP, I don't think you can do anything about it. Just consider moving out atleast you got yur sanity intact.

Or school.

I stay beside a building that is a school during the day and a church at night and weekends. When the church started and put up a megaphone to face us, my husband went to tell them.that it wont work. They turned it away though it is still noisy.

The painful part is that the pastor's wife who is the choir leader sings in a way that can make you cringe. She starts with a high key and her voice hooks along the way and she ends up shouting and wailing instead of singing. And nobody has advised her yet.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by brojoshua: 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
I was once foolish thinking that making noise with speakers in the night or so will please God. The church that is disturbing people with noise in many and odd times is wrong and sinning against men and God. In many countries with a level of order, everything will be written down on how the citizens should behave in every situation.
If the members of the church is reading this or any other people who are disturbing neighbours with noise at many and odd times, let them be wise and stop it. I am a christain and God has taught me. God doesn't ask anyone to disturb any other in his or her service to or worship of Him. It is mere foolishness of carnal men. God didn't ask anyone to make enemies of others in his worship of God. If you are not sensitive to your neighbours or be considerate of them, I wander if it is the true God you are serving. If you are not living right and in peace with people, your neighbours, whom you see, how will you live in peace with God whom you don't see. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNBELIEVABLE GOODNEWS!!! Get Any Ebook Into Your Phone Anywhere You Are. / The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / Spotting The Difference Between The Holy Spirit And Evil Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.