Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (49532 Views)

Beauty Can Be Deceptive; Don't Be Deceived / Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness / Daddy Freeze: Don't Be Deceived By Hypocrisy Of Men! By Omooba77 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
YesNoMaybe:

Exactly. There lies the problem: folks would get a divorce, ask for forgiveness and re-marry (in order to avoid fornication). Maybe the cycle would be repeated again.

But the op never factored these into his writing.

Hehe hehe......you can't outsmart God na, do not remarry after a divorce which is only granted under certain conditions anything not in scope is not enough grounds for divorce.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Engrghidazuka: 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
God I thank you.

Revival is gradually returning to our generation.

May your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by kinibigdeal(m): 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
annie74:
Waiting..
Wait till Man city win the league....keep waiting
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Bollinger(m): 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2017
safarigirl:
good sex might Bleep up your mind to think you are compatible with a person when you are not

So, sexual compatibility is the only thing you look out for? What happens when you aren't having sex with your spouse?

Sexual compatibility alone cannot save a marriage, because most marriages that crash are built on sexual compatibility solely, until you enter and realise that once the sex is gone, you're stuck with an insufferable, condescending being with no sense of loyalty or some air headed bimbo that can't have decent conversation

Did I say only sex will save a marriage? There are many things involved in making a successful marriage. Sex, financial education, planning, etc. All these are as important as any. Take away one and you will definitely have issues. But simply dismissing sexual compatibility because of puritan views is mind boggling to say the least.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by safarigirl(f): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
Bollinger:

Did I say only sex will save a marriage? There are many things involved in making a successful marriage. Sex, financial education, planning, etc. All these are as important as any. Take away one and you will definitely have issues. But simply dismissing sexual compatibility because of puritan views is mind boggling to say the least.

I am not dismissing sexual compatibility, I am dismissing your idea that you HAVE to have sex before you know you and someone are sexuallly compatible.

If that is how you roll, that is you, but don't assume that everybody must have sex to know they are sexually compatible with another person. It is not a one shoe fits all theory

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
Toks2008:
1 Corinthians 6:16 ” Do you not know that he who joins himself to a prostitute becomes one flesh with her? For, as it is written, “The two shall become one.”

Genesis 2:24
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

Matthew 19:5
and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?

Ephesians 5:31
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.

In Islamic law, marriage is called nikah, an Arabic word whose original literal meaning is "sexual intercourse", but which already in the Quran is used exclusively to refer to the contract of marriage.

It is very saddening that man's philosophy and cultural beliefs have made the world deviate from the truth from the very words of the scriptures talking about the Bible and even Quran.

Today we see men and ladies randomly sleeping with one another,safe sex is even promoted with the use of condom,we see baby mamas and daddies springing up and when you ask them about their marital status they say they are single because to them,marriage has a different meaning.

There was no place in the scriptures where GOD commanded us to go to registry, religious houses or to certain families to pay bride price (The Bride price mentioned in the bible was a punishment for raping a virgin).

But what exactly did GOD command about the way a marriage should take place?

God gave us 3 clear stages of marriage. .
1.A man leaving his parents and this happens when you decide to be with a woman and you leave your parents to start your own family.

2.Unites with his wife:You can choose how you unite which is the wedding ceremony and this can be done in accordance with laid down rules of the government or traditions/cultures as well as religious organizations.

3.Becoming one is the third stage which involves having sex with each other.

GOD himself commanded this in Genesis and Jesus repeated it in the book of Mathew.When you have sex with anyone,you are becoming one with such and automatically fulfilling the essence of marriage which is becoming one with whoever you have sex with.

Unfortunately, people just sleep around today in ignorance of the fact that they are fulfilling the third and most important stage of marriage. The world have been deceived by Satan to believe that marriage is when you do the paparazzi and you pay bride price and so on but all these moves are the second stage which is uniting to your spouse.

I know this article may not change the act of illicit sex but next time you open your legs to any guy or when next you sleep with any lady,just know in your heart that you are fulfilling the third stage of marriage as commanded by GOD.

I know this definitely makes sense.

Wow...this is an eye opener. I still have a question.
Why is it that most churches still preach against Marrige without Bride price if according to you paying Bride price is not a must in Marriage?

Do you know that you are contradicting one of the most common believe in Marriage?

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Bollinger(m): 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2017
safarigirl:

I am not dismissing sexual compatibility, I am dismissing your idea that you HAVE to have sex before you know you and someone are sexuallly compatible.

If that is how you roll, that is you, but don't assume that everybody must have sex to know they are sexually compatible with another person. It is not a one shoe fits all theory

Correction; That is how i rolled and i am reaping the dividends today. The funny thing is you've had sex before, and will continue to have sex. So why the denial of the obvious. (Patiently waiting for the barrage of rebuttals since everyone is a virgin wink). Everyone does it but it is a taboo to speak the obvious.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by safarigirl(f): 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2017
Bollinger:

Correction; That is how i rolled and i am reaping the dividends today. The funny thing is you've had sex before, and will continue to have sex. So why the denial of the obvious. (Patiently waiting for the barrage of rebuttals since everyone is a virgin wink). Everyone does it but it is a taboo to speak the obvious.

I have never had sex, thank you.

Like I said, don't assume everyone is like you. Some other people did not need to have sex and they have successful marriages, it is not a one shoe fits all theory, so stop assuming your rules are the grundnorm.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Bollinger(m): 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2017
safarigirl:
I have never had sex, thank you.

Like I said, don't assume everyone is like you. Some other people did not need to have sex and they have successful marriages, it is not a one shoe fits all theory, so stop assuming your rules are the grundnorm.

grin
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by safarigirl(f): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
Bollinger:

grin
predictable

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Bollinger(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
safarigirl:
predictable

wink
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by gwama: 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2017
How about married people who refuse to have sex with their spouse ?? grin grin
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
Toks2008:
1 Corinthians 6:16 ” Do you not know that he who joins himself to a prostitute becomes one flesh with her? For, as it is written, “The two shall become one.”

Genesis 2:24
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

Matthew 19:5
and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?

Ephesians 5:31
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.

In Islamic law, marriage is called nikah, an Arabic word whose original literal meaning is "sexual intercourse", but which already in the Quran is used exclusively to refer to the contract of marriage.

It is very saddening that man's philosophy and cultural beliefs have made the world deviate from the truth from the very words of the scriptures talking about the Bible and even Quran.

Today we see men and ladies randomly sleeping with one another,safe sex is even promoted with the use of condom,we see baby mamas and daddies springing up and when you ask them about their marital status they say they are single because to them,marriage has a different meaning.

There was no place in the scriptures where GOD commanded us to go to registry, religious houses or to certain families to pay bride price (The Bride price mentioned in the bible was a punishment for raping a virgin).

But what exactly did GOD command about the way a marriage should take place?

God gave us 3 clear stages of marriage. .
1.A man leaving his parents and this happens when you decide to be with a woman and you leave your parents to start your own family.

2.Unites with his wife:You can choose how you unite which is the wedding ceremony and this can be done in accordance with laid down rules of the government or traditions/cultures as well as religious organizations.

3.Becoming one is the third stage which involves having sex with each other.

GOD himself commanded this in Genesis and Jesus repeated it in the book of Mathew.When you have sex with anyone,you are becoming one with such and automatically fulfilling the essence of marriage which is becoming one with whoever you have sex with.

Unfortunately, people just sleep around today in ignorance of the fact that they are fulfilling the third and most important stage of marriage. The world have been deceived by Satan to believe that marriage is when you do the paparazzi and you pay bride price and so on but all these moves are the second stage which is uniting to your spouse.

I know this article may not change the act of illicit sex but next time you open your legs to any guy or when next you sleep with any lady,just know in your heart that you are fulfilling the third stage of marriage as commanded by GOD.

I know this definitely makes sense.

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by linearity: 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2017
OP delete this nonsense, there is no scriptural bases for it. Those are just your interpretation of those verses, none of those bible verses reached the conclusion that you reached.

Jesus addressed this very situation personally and he reached a position opposite to yours, I will stay with Jesus on this...

John 4:16-18

“16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband.

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

Going by your analogies, having slept with a minimum of six men, Jesus would have told her that, she have six husbands.

And despite the fact that, she was currently living with a man, Jesus agreed with her that she is not married.

The above is enough and I would have stopped there, but I would like to add that...if adultery and fornication is marriage, then the Bible will be contradicting itself by calling it a sin.

....because the scriptures says...”marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefy, but whoremongers and adulteries, God will Judge.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by ReinaFarine: 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
YesNoMaybe:

So without the spiritual documents hell will break loose? Whatever happened to the blood? Or is that one not enough too?

Spiritual documents my nyansh.

Depending on the second spirit. I can always decide abadon my first wife and get married to another here in Nigeria without any legal hassle. But in developed countries, you can't marry another I'd you're not separated from the first.

Similarly, with some guys/ladies, you can't marry another if you're not fully separated from them.

Just my opinion though
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2017
Of course it is.

That's why if u are not sexually attracted to your lover, or you don't want him or her touching u? , my dear don't marry such person. Simple move on. No need wasting each others valuable time.

I knew this fact, way back 400level in school. A guy wanted to marry me, but I find him repulsive anytime he wants to just touch my shoulders and he told me point blank look babe, sex is marriage at least 95percent of the time, so try loosen up around me. There and then I knew I can't marry him and I said no sorry I can't marry you. It's was an eye opener sha.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
kelvinreality:

Wow...this is an eye opener. I still have a question.
Why is it that most churches still preach against Marrige without Bride price if according to you paying Bride price is not a must in Marriage?

Do you know that you are contradicting one of the most common believe in Marriage?

Unfortunately the Devil has permeated some churches and heresy has become the order of the day.

I will send 10k to the account of anyone that can show me where it is specifically written in the Bible that we must we'd in church,Registry or traditionally?

I will add an extra 5k if anyone can show me where the bible instructs that we pay Bride price AS A CONDITION FOR CONCENTUAL UNION.

From the Bible,Bride price is only meant ONLY FOR VIRGINS and it is a penalty for rape which is why as the bible clearly stated,the father of the Virgin may still prevent you from marrying his daughter even after the penalty for rape (Bride price) is paid.

What we follow today are man made rules and traditions which I'm not against nut just stating the facts.

Lets read this from the book of exodus 22:16-17:
"If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife.If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he must still pay the bride-price for virgins."

Deuteronomy 22:28-29: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman,for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by ademijuwonlo(f): 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
Toks2008:

Its no longer news that sex is a covenant but my writeup will point out clearly that indeed once you have sex with anyone,you dont need any wedding ceremony again because by having sex, you are sealing your marriage as commanded by GOD.

Sex before marriage is called "Silent marriage "
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2017
ademijuwonlo:
Sex before marriage is called "Silent marriage "
Silent marriage it is..nice one.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Kendrick80(m): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ds guy needs 2 get laid asap...NL babes pls help d nigga undecided
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
Kendrick80:
Ds guy needs 2 get laid asap...NL babes pls help d nigga undecided

Rotflmao! Chai! omo you are hilarious...

Chai! So you think I can ever have problems with getting laid by as many women as I want? Chai!

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by ceononi: 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
annie74:
While I agree that sex carries spiritual significance, I don't think that it equates to being married.
trying to justify the no of guys you've had?
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
Mr op should consider rewriting this misleading article. Sleeping with someone doesn't mean you are married to them, it only implies fornication or adultery which the scripture is against. Then a man shall leave his father's house and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one, and that's after the necessary rites have been taken. Except they are joined by marriage rites Instituted by the law both in the church and in court before they can be called married both in heaven and on earth. Speaking from the spiritual angle, yes you can say both of them have entered into a covenant of bonding through sex but that doesn't mean they are married, and the enlightened partner can pray to break every bonding or covenant from such frivolous activities.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
linearity:
OP delete this nonsense, there is no scriptural bases for it. Those are just your interpretation of those verses, none of those bible verses reached the conclusion that you reached.

Jesus addressed this very situation personally and he reached a position opposite to yours, I will stay with Jesus on this...

John 4:16-18

“16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband.

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

Going by your analogies, having slept with a minimum of six men, Jesus would have told her that, she have six husbands.

And despite the fact that, she was currently living with a man, Jesus agreed with her that she is not married.

The above is enough and I would have stopped there, but I would like to add that...if adultery and fornication is marriage, then the Bible will be contradicting itself by calling it a sin.

....because the scriptures says...”marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefy, but whoremongers and adulteries, God will Judge.

This is the type of intelligence I Crave for and I pray that your IQ continues to wax stronger.

You made excellent points but then I guess you are looking at my topic in isolation.

I once said that according to traditions of the land even a couple with children can be disqualified as married because a certain rite has not been carried out.

“Five marriages didn't make her a sinner because those men either died of flee probably making her a 5 times widow or abandoned bride due to warfare, famine, disease, and injury, men in those days dropped like flies.

A widow became either a beggar, a prostitute, or another man's wife. Each time, this Samaritan woman had chosen the best option.

But sharing her bed with a sixth man who wasn't her husband? That was a sin.

Truly If by just living together with this man made her married, Jesus would have said, ‘The man you are now living with is your sixth husband.’ Instead, He did not recognize them as being married even though they were living together.

When Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman,he revealed something very important, something we often miss in this passage.

The woman had been hiding the fact that the man she was living with was not her husband.

According to the New Bible Commentary notes on this passage of Scripture, Common Law Marriage had no religious support in the Jewish faith.

According to the jewish practise,Just Living with a person in sexual union did not constitute a ‘husband and wife’ relationship and Jesus made that plain here.

But is the jewish tradition above GOD's instructions?

According to specific rules of GOD directly from the scriptures,a couple is married in the eyes of God when the physical union is consummated through sexual intercourse and that is the angle I want you to see this from.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by kokomilala(m): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
@ Jamesreacher,her article is not weak as you have purported it to be.Try to see what she's trying to say. Sex is the consummation of marriage.Someone once said that love is sex idealised. And,there's a spiritual bond between sexual partners. Paul scratched the surface, but resisted the temptation of going into the nitty gritty of it.Science even proves it.Oxytocin,the bonding hormone. When you hug a girl for up to 20 secs. a bond is created because of the secretion of that hormone. It's the same bond that knits a baby to its mother.To say there's no spiritual bond in sexual relations is to be spiritually blind,with all due respect.
If you look very closely ,you'll notice that couple, who cohabit- married or not- somewhat look alike.I guess it's because of these inaffectionate bonds that the Bible warns in 2 Tim.2:22, that one should flee youthful lusts.
Sigmund Freud identified the buttocks, the lips and the genitals as the erogenous zones of the body,but recent researches have realised that the whole human body can be erogenous.So,sex is binding.Yes, it is.Either to destruction or to life.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Toks2008(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
Tosinex:
Mr op should consider rewriting this misleading article. Sleeping with someone doesn't mean you are married to them, it only implies fornication or adultery which the scripture is against. Then a man shall leave his father's house and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one, and that's after the necessary rites have been taken. Except they are joined by marriage rites Instituted by the law both in the church and in court before they can be called married both in heaven and on earth. Speaking from the spiritual angle, yes you can say both of them have entered into a covenant of bonding through sex but that doesn't mean they are married, and the enlightened partner can pray to break every bonding or covenant from such frivolous activities.

I'm happy you are finding it hard not to contradict yourself.

Enough of the heresy flying about...THE MOMENT YOU HAVE SEX,you have silently agreed with the second stage which is the rites as clearly explained by me and then entering a covenant as you clearly stated...THAT COVENANT IS INDEED THE MARRIAGE.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by annie74(f): 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2017
ceononi:
trying to justify the no of guys you've had?

What sort of question is that? So not agreeing with the OP means that I've had several sexual partners? I marvel at your level of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
hmmm I read it. .. I don't support fornication or adultery, but that, sex is marriage is definitely not true .....

although one can't be held guiltless before God for sexual sins, but that its marriage is false ......

beside you never proved any blood covenant it's all superstition

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2017
Toks2008:

I'm happy you are finding it hard not to contradict yourself.

Enough of the heresy flying about...THE MOMENT YOU HAVE SEX,you have silently agreed with the second stage which is the rites as clearly explained by me and then entering a covenant as you clearly stated...THAT COVENANT IS INDEED THE MARRIAGE.
the BONDING or COVENANT is not Marriage, because Marriage is bigger than that. People enter into different covenant this days orchestrated by themselves and sex is not involved, but Marriage is something established by God and it has its ORDINANCES. Having sex alone is not considered marriage, yes it has spiritual implications it pollutes the soul and the flesh, but it is not marriage in itself. Listen, Sex is majorly meant for the production of offsprings which is the fruit of Marriage. that's why it's considered a SIN when UNMARRIED People are involved in It. Why? Because they are not married, neither are they considered married because they had sex but have been considered breaking the Ordinances of marriage instituted by God, thereby accused of fornication or adultery as it implies.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by farem: 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
Jupxter:

Not in that context, but sex in itself is marriage, and each time we have sex with different people, we get married to them, i.e. if a guy has sex with fifty ladies, he has been married 50 times, this is what the oP implies

You got the drift
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by ceononi: 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2017
annie74:

What sort of question is that? So not agreeing with the OP means that I've had several sexual partners? I marvel at your level of reasoning.
See as guilt dey murder this one....shake my head.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by annie74(f): 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
ceononi:
See as guilt dey murder this one....shake my head.

Abeg swerve lemme see road

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Was Once A Prostitute, Recruited Girls In Edo – Mummy GO (Video) / 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! / Light Up Gombe Mega Crusade In Pictures: Adeboye, Son, Enenche, Daughter Spotted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.