Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (49533 Views)

Beauty Can Be Deceptive; Don't Be Deceived / Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness / Daddy Freeze: Don't Be Deceived By Hypocrisy Of Men! By Omooba77 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
linearity:
OP delete this nonsense, there is no scriptural bases for it. Those are just your interpretation of those verses, none of those bible verses reached the conclusion that you reached.

Jesus addressed this very situation personally and he reached a position opposite to yours, I will stay with Jesus on this...

John 4:16-18

“16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband.

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

Going by your analogies, having slept with a minimum of six men, Jesus would have told her that, she have six husbands.

And despite the fact that, she was currently living with a man, Jesus agreed with her that she is not married.

The above is enough and I would have stopped there, but I would like to add that...if adultery and fornication is marriage, then the Bible will be contradicting itself by calling it a sin.

....because the scriptures says...”marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefy, but whoremongers and adulteries, God will Judge.
this finishes and sums up everything

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Kendrick80(m): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
Toks2008:

Rotflmao! Chai! omo you are hilarious...

Chai! So you think I can ever have problems with getting laid by as many women as I want? Chai!
of cus not...I recommend mouth action once daily till next Tuesday wink
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by romme2u: 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2017
frenzyduchess:
In essence, premarital sex is wrong and if you have slept with someone you are not married to, you need deliverance, thank God say I be virgin o
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by ceononi: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
annie74:

Abeg swerve lemme see road
Person no fit follow you play again? grin.....Oya take dis one cool body.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by annie74(f): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2017
ceononi:
Person no fit follow you play again? grin.....Oya take dis one cool body.

Lol... no mind me joor... I no vex again

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by apolonius(m): 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2017
Plato talked of the world of ideals and the world of reality.

We can gaze so devotedly into the skies like Thales. Yet we will share his fate in the ditch.

See and deal with the world as it is. It is safer and better. Because you are always going to deal with people who trade in the currency of reality.

Only very very few men will take a woman who is not open to pre-marital sex seriously. Forget what they write. Babes, can you count how many guys stayed and loved you after you insisted on no sex?lol

What do I know?smiley

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by rosy1992(f): 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
Nice write up
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Duru009(m): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
SEX is the most important in any marriage or relationship.

Ladies tend to pretend about this. But thy love sex far more the men!

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
Bakos2y7:
Sex doesn't mean marriage because Adam and Eve became husband and wife without even knowing what sex is, they are both naked and never had sex then (Gen. 2:24). Adam and Eve became one flesh because Eve was created from his rib. If you say that sex means marriage, you are implying that there is nothing like adultery or fornication.

You're still not getting it.

Adam and Eve didn't do 1&2 in original post of this thread but 3,sex,
And they are known as man and wife till today by God and man.
Sex was their marriage.
Not leaving parent, not ceremony, but sex.

Sex is marriage.
The devil has twisted the mind of the world while God has chosen to speak the truth plainly through Toks so that people can understand better.

Are you confused by the, this is the bone of my bone part when he saw her, Eve?

He was smitten by her that he could not help but declare what he felt.
Haven't you heard many men who say when they saw their wives, they knew she was the one and told her so straight away?
Same with Adam.

By marriage, I mean union of souls

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 4:45pm On Dec 21, 2017
jaxxy:

Ur points are totally off points. Sex is not marriage. Over spirituality is a problem in this country.

"Over" carnality rather than obedience to God is the problem of the world today!

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by djon78(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2017
safarigirl:
you test the engine, you don't drive it around.

It is only in this century that pre-marital sex is normal, yet this century also has the highest divorce rates. If sex is so important to a relationship, why is it not saving marriages?

My dear ask them oo. Anyway the main issue is that humans have put so much attention to sex. And one thing you give your body, it will always ask for more. That is why the bible always talks about putting your body under restraints and control, because once you give your body, it demands more. And that has worked for me. I have many very important things to think about, than thinking about giving my body sex. No no

Also the OP is right, in that sex is a very deep mystery. Man is first of all a Spirit. And the day any man dies his or her' spirit lives the body, and the body dies, begins to decay and once buried decay completely to ashes.
What then does this teach us? Our body is just like your suit or your clothe you put it off. Your body is the medium your spirit interacts with this earth realm.
Now concerning sex, the bible says a man joins or cleaves to his wife and they become one. Yes when you are having sex with someone, your two bodies join together, you are one. Sex is a very deep mystery.

Another thing I have found out is if you come to have understanding of God's intention for sex in marriage, you will enjoy sex much more. Why? You come to understand that sex is communion, Fellowship with your spouse. It transcends just mere physical pleasure but your soul, entire being is united into one, honestly it is very deep. And you will get much satisfaction and fulfilment. The issue of non satisfaction will not even arise, because each party will not be selfish, but would rather make sure their partner is fully satisfied. That is why many that even engage in sex without getting married feel no deep satisfaction. But all this comes with knowledge, married couples or intending couples that does not understand God's mindset to sex in marriage will still not attain that deep sexual connection.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by jaxxy(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2017
Incrizz:

"Over" carnality rather than obedience to God is the problem of the world today!

Yes true bt over spirituality started it.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2017
jaxxy:

Yes true bt over spirituality started it.

Spirituality is the life itself.
God is Spirit.
And they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by heryor2(m): 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2017
apolonius:
Babes, can you count how many guys stayed and loved you after you insisted on no sex?lol

What do I know?smiley

And how many guys waited after she gave out her cookie? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by jaxxy(m): 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2017
Incrizz:

Spirituality is the life itself.
God is Spirit.
And they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.

Spirituality is good, infact very good nt over spirituality is bad and unproductive.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Grabbeast: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
annie74:
While I agree that sex carries spiritual significance, I don't think that it equates to being married.

That's where you are wrong. In the Bible story of Mary the mother of Jesus and Joseph. After Mary got pregnant with jesus while she was a virgin, because of the instruction of the angel to joseph, he didn't sleep with her until after she gave birth to Jesus. And it is written in the Bible that, because Joseph hasn't slept with Mary yet to consumate the marriage, he was technically not yet married to her.

Matthew 1:24-25
When Joseph woke up he did what the angel had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to their son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

Sex is a ritual, not a casual thing you play with.

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Grabbeast: 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2017
apolonius:
Plato talked of the world of ideals and the world of reality.

We can gaze so devotedly into the skies like Thales. Yet we will share his fate in the ditch.

See and deal with the world as it is. It is safer and better. Because you are always going to deal with people who trade in the currency of reality.

Only very very few men will take a woman who is not open to pre-marital sex seriously. Forget what they write. Babes, can you count how many guys stayed and loved you after you insisted on no sex?lol

What do I know?smiley

Most girls will also not stay with a guy that insist on no sex. Being such a guy, what I do is befriend lots of girls until I eventually meet a girls that share the same value with me. And from those girls I choose one to marry.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Grabbeast: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
Incrizz:

You're still not getting it.

Adam and Eve didn't do 1&2 in original post of this thread but 3,sex,
And they are known as man and wife till today by God and man.
Sex was their marriage.
Not leaving parent, not ceremony, but sex.

Sex is marriage.
The devil has twisted the mind of the world while God has chosen to speak the truth plainly through Toks so that people can understand better.

Are you confused by the, this is the bone of my bone part when he saw her, Eve?

He was smitten by her that he could not help but declare what he felt.
Haven't you heard many men who say when they saw their wives, they knew she was the one and told her so straight away?
Same with Adam.

By marriage, I mean union of souls

Your signature: "Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband." 1 Corithians 7:2

The reason why this simple instruction is so difficult for christians to follow and avoid fornication, is because of the way the world under the influence of the devil have made very difficult the process of getting married. You see people giving excuse for not getting married even though they can't hold themselves from having sex, by saying they've not made enough money to perform the marriage ceremony. It is not suppose to be this complicated for a man to get married to a woman.

I know of a man and a woman that attended the same church as I did. Because they didn't have money for marriage ceremony, they decided to start their marriage life without it. But they also stopped attending that church, because they believed that people will look down on them because of what they did.

Anyway as for me, if I see a woman I fancy who is available and I desire to have sex with her to the point where I can't hold myself back. I will see that as a strong sign to get married to her. And I will do so (leave my parents, make the vow of commitment, sign marriage registry) before going to have sex with her.

This is because I've decided that the woman I will have sex with, will be a woman I have decided to marry. For having with a woman without the decision to be committed to her is a grave sin before God. And everything God considers to be sin is something that usually have bad result in life. He tells us to avoid doing those things for our own good.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Pataricatering(f): 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2017
Jupxter:

Talk it to any elder and confirm.
this is even more baseless ! Appealing to authority ! Elders know how to calculate lost star ? Complete nonsense
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2017
Toks... this is a good one.

......no be just down under sef. I have a problem kissing on the mouth with random persons even.

Infact eh, i dont known if its just germophobia or just being in touch with spiritual reality of sexual acts including kissing.

I am of the school of philosophy that sex is a highly spiritual activity.... a dogma that goes beyond head knowlege to heart knowledge.

I dont know why people take sex so lightly and trivally.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2017
Grabbeast:

Your signature: "Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband." 1 Corithians 7:2

The reason why this simple instruction is so difficult for christians to follow and avoid fornication, is because of the way the world under the influence of the devil have made very difficult the process of getting married. You see people giving excuse for not getting married even though they can't hold themselves from having sex, by saying they've not made enough money to perform the marriage ceremony. It is not suppose to be this complicated for a man to get married to a woman.

I know of a man and a woman that attended the same church as I did. Because they didn't have money for marriage ceremony, they decided to start their marriage life without it. But they also stopped attending that church, because they believed that people will look down on them because of what they did.

Anyway as for me, if I see a woman I fancy who is available and I desire to have sex with her to the point where I can't hold myself back. I will see that as a strong sign to get married to her. And I will do so (leave my parents, make the vow of commitment, sign marriage registry) before going to have sex with her.

This is because I've decided that the woman I will have sex with, will be a woman I have decided to marry. For having with a woman without the decision to be committed to her is a grave sin before God. [b]And everything God considers to be sin is something that usually have bad result in life. He tells us to avoid doing those things for our own good.[,/b]

God is wonderful. Yeah.
All the devil's propaganda against wooing, against marriage is still not enough to stop God's creations from falling in love and getting married.

Every single one of God's precious instruction is to keep us from harm. Every single one of them.

But your name, hahacheesy
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
jaxxy:

Spirituality is good, infact very good nt over spirituality is bad and unproductive.

Please what is over spiritual in "sex is marriage"?
Marriage and Marriage Ceremony are two different meanings.

Marriage means the union of two souls.
And that union happens through sex alone.
Every other thing is effizy.

I hope you're not confusing marriage for wedding sha?
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by jaxxy(m): 8:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
Incrizz:

Please what is over spiritual in "sex is marriage"?
Marriage and Marriage Ceremony are two different meanings.

Marriage means the union of two souls.
And that union happens through sex alone.
Every other thing is effizy.

I hope you're not confusing marriage for wedding sha?

Lets not be confusionist pls. From ur simple anology sm1 can marry sm1 dat is not his wife? How many wives did david or solomon have? How concubines did he have? What differentiated d wives from concubines?

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2017
jaxxy:

Lets not be confusionist pls. From ur simple anology sm1 can marry sm1 dat is not his wife?

What we have been trying to tell you sinceeee is that, spiritually, the number of women you have slept is the number of people you have married.
The wife/husband term will cause the meaning of what we have been trying to tell you sinceeeee to be lost on ya.

Wife, concubine are terms to help you understand English better. To let you know how the law views one from the other.

Sex gon gon is how marriage/union happens.

Just get the drift. angry

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by jaxxy(m): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
Incrizz:

What we have been trying to tell you sinceeee is that, spiritually, the number of women you have slept is the number of people you have married.
The wife/husband term will cause the meaning of what we have been trying to tell you sinceeeee to be lost on ya.

Just get the drift. angry

U haven't answered my question.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by somehow: 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2017
Any biblical reference?
Toks2008:

That is why GOD is always particular about virgins in the bible cos that is GOD'S standard.

Bride price from the Bible are only meant for virgins.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
jaxxy:

U haven't answered my question.

Stop all these marry-marry you are doing o.
Repent and ask God for forgiveness because of Jesus instead of rejecting the truth so that you go fit continue to dey do wetin you dey do

Sex gon gon is what makes marriage marriage. (Union union) (Oneness oneness).
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by jaxxy(m): 9:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
Incrizz:

Stop all these marry-marry yiu are doing o.
Repent and ask God for forgiveness because of Jesus instead of rejecting the truth so that you go fit continue to dey do wetin you dey do

Lol dats another asumption uve made. D fact i disagreed with u doesn't mean im guilty of or support such act.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2017
jaxxy:

Lol dats another asumption uve made. D fact i disagreed with u doesn't mean im guilty of such act.

Yeah yeah...
Psychology.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by LoveJesus87(m): 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2017
Gungnir:

Hahahah, according to the new testament, if you choose to divorce you are NOT expected to marry again except in very rare certain circumstances.
like?
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage by Incrizz(f): 10:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
jaxxy:

Lets not be confusionist pls. From ur simple anology sm1 can marry sm1 dat is not his wife? How many wives did david or solomon have? How concubines did he have? What differentiated d wives from concubines?

Scripture says he that sleeps with a prostitute is one with her.

Scripture says a man leaves father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one

The one is by sex.

Ceremony or no ceremony,
"One" happens to two people who have sex.

When you separate,
You take half, she takes half.

So if you have 3 wives and two side chicks, you have less than even half of yourself.

No wonder God discourages us from adultery and divorce.

Instead of modelling your life after Solomon while not model your life after Isaac, Jacob's son, if not for anything but for your personal reverence for the instructions of God.

Do you remember Jesus telling the disciples that God has always intended it for it to be one man and one wife when they asked him about divorce and the woman who married 7 brothers?
He told them Moses granted them the divorce rule because they were hardened of heart.

That men fall short of God's standard, does not set aside God's standard.
His standards stands no matter who is not living up to it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Was Once A Prostitute, Recruited Girls In Edo – Mummy GO (Video) / 5-6 Churches On A Building. Religious House Of Commotion It Is! / Light Up Gombe Mega Crusade In Pictures: Adeboye, Son, Enenche, Daughter Spotted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.