Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b (11241 Views)

CBN: Foreign Reserves Drop To $36.12 Billion / British court orders Irish firm to seize $9b Nigeria’s foreign reserves / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Hit $47 Billion - Surpass That Of South Africa by $4b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by ProWalker: 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
PDP will only come and loot this savings again if Nigerians mistakenly put that useless party into power

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala front page
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Jones4190(m): 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
@75......

Opposition never doubted your character.

Opposition never questioned your integrity.

Opposition never questioned your frugal lifestyle.

Opposition will never question your love for the poor.

Opposition never questioned your patriotism.

Opposition will never question your sincerity.

Opposition will never question your doggedness.

Your love for country Nigeria is unbeatable.

Recently, opposition started ultimate search in Northern Nigeria for someone like you.

You are the standard for all political parties as we journey into activities for 2019 general election.

When it comes to war, you are a general, when it comes to love, you are a father to all

Your contentment is a standard in all religion.

With the above consensus,

I will remain your blind follower. I have seen enough and it is time to enjoy blindness under you.

Happy birthday and many happy returns Mr President

(c) okokobioko

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by AroOkigbo(m): 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
is your brain functioning?

Your ineffectual buffoon depleted the reserve without a single infrastructure.
Buhari is building infrastructure and adding to the reserve,
That is a great feat.
Tell me one infrastructure this administration started, completed and commissioned in the over 2 years they have been in power.
I mean just ONE in ANY of the 6 geopolitical zones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
Dont mind the slow poke calling person father useless, he should remind us what his own father ever achieved.

quote author=Bolustical post=63353799]
But the government that depleted the same reserve was a sane and focused government abi?

You don't sound sane yourself.
[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by erico2k2(m): 7:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
Bolustical:

But the government that depleted the same reserve was a sane and focused government abi?

You don't sound sane yourself.
Did you not read the CBN submission on howmuch GEJ met??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by OnucheAdams: 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jaideyone:
but when the FG refused to give forex subsidies and the naira went to over 500naira per dollar you were wailing about government inaction? now the government is keeping the naira around 360 and you are still complaining. oga o

I was - and is still - an advocate for floating the Naira. Had Buhari towed that path, the Naira certainly wouldn't have ballooned to 500, and would have found its level at circa 300. The spike in exchange rate was due to the heightened uncertainty brought about by inconsistent Government policies, which further created room for speculators...

The amounts spent subsidizing the Dollar should have gone towards building sustainable infrastructure....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Seyitosino(m): 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=givan post=63351966]$36.9 billion - $1billion =...[/quot
the 1 billion dollars I think you are talkng abt is from d excess crude account not d foreign reserve, they differ.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
grin grin

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nwachineke1980: 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
Foreign reserve@May 2015 was $29.6b ,@December 2017 $36.9b.Difference of $7.2b.National debt @May 2015 was 12t naira($32.2b).National debt @December 2017 20t naira($58b).This does not include the approved $5.5b loan.Debt from $32.2b to $58b in less than three years.I pray some people receive sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by OnucheAdams: 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
AroOkigbo:

Tell me one infrastructure this administration started, completed and commissioned in the over 2 years they have been in power.

Yahaya Bello's Mansion...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by jamesibor: 7:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
Yyeske:
Some people who hate Buhari will avoid this thread

I hope you do know the foreign reserve was boosted by debt.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by plaetton: 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
python1:
Gradually, we are getting there. To think this is the same reserve that nosedived during the oil boom is very amusing. Chinko Japanese can make Atichukwu their only savior in their barren lands, but not Nigeria. **Spits on flat objects**
Don't be silly.

You mean you're so cognitively impaired that you don't remember that just weeks ago , this same vagabonds reported foreign reserves had reached $40b ?

Don't you also remember that they also wailed so loudly that GEJ left Nigeria broke with only a paltry sum of $30b in reserves ?

Only the cognitively impaired take these vagabonds in government seriously with their voodoo arithmetic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by salford1: 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
It's growing back again despite low oil price. I hope PDP wont come and deplete it again.lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by baralatie(m): 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
OnucheAdams:

I was - and is still - an advocate for floating the Naira. Had Buhari towed that path, the Naira certainly wouldn't have ballooned to 500, and would have found its level at circa 300. The spike in exchange rate was due to the heightened uncertainty brought about by inconsistent Government policies, which further created room for speculators...

The amounts spent subsidizing the Dollar should have gone towards building sustainable infrastructure....
are you referring to the current practice of fg?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
python1:

Yes, the answer is $35.9b, but the question now is; why did this same reserve drop from $47b to close to $30b when the income was high as compared to same reserve on the increase now at averagely half of the previous income? What exactly was done with it? It should had increased to close to $100b considering the nation's income then, but even if it did not increase, why not maintain it at that value? Why dropping it again?

Jonathan and his people stole it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by baralatie(m): 8:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nwachineke1980:

Foreign reserve@May 2015 was $29.6b ,

@December 2017 $36.9b.

Difference of $7.2b.

National debt @May 2015 was 12t naira($32.2b).

National debt @December 2017 20t naira($58b).

This does not include the approved $5.5b loan.

Debt from $32.2b to $58b in less than three years.I pray some people receive sense.
na wa o!

meaning the alleged savings is not sustainable enough!
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by deenee: 8:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
givan:
$36.9 billion - $1billion =...

Fool! Do you now the difference between excess crude account and foreign reserve?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by python1: 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
[s]
plaetton:

Don't be silly.

You mean you're so cognitively impaired that you don't remember that just weeks ago , this same vagabonds reported foreign reserves had reach $40b ?

Don't you also remember that they also wailed so loudly that GEJ left Nigeria broke with only a paltry sum of $30b in reserves ?

Only the cognitively impaired take these vagabonds in government seriously with their voodoo arithmetic.
[/s]
If your memory has issues, what makes you think same applies to others? Besides, how will same "vagabonds" who made same announcements of clocking $40b now wake up to celebrate $37b? Again, aren't there appropriate means of verifying claims independent of government official statements? Aren't all these about common sense? Now, to help your memory, announcement preceeding this most recent hovers around $35b. Again, if from $47b to $30b is "wailing", beings suffering from cognitive impairment are not far-fetched.

https://www.nairaland.com/4217318/nigerias-external-reserves-hit-four#63019979

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by slimfit1(m): 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
python1:

Obasanjo saved over thirty billion dollars, yet nothing is working, and you were told it is "the useless old president" that squandered it right? Pls, I'm begging, don't quote me again. Thank you for your understanding.

There is a reason why there is reserve we only survived because of the economic plans of Obasanjo painful to admit that I'll tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by baba2070: 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
wat is d benefit to the masses?
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by baralatie(m): 8:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
baba2070:
wat is d benefit to the masses?
supports your import and budget bill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by spartacus11(m): 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
OnucheAdams:
What's the correlation between foreign reserves and development, if any?
You claim to have a stash of funds in reserves, yet you are embarking on mindless borrowing to fund infrastructure in tandem with unneeded FOREX subsidies; who's fooling who here?

And u people will say PMB is a dullard, and u don't know d use or importance of foreign reserve?

Hmmmm no wonder d phd presido almost empty d reserve

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Rityonyi(f): 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
the last time I checked, the CBN gov. said the foreign reserves was at N38 billion.

I don't know what to believe anymore with this APC and their lies. Anyway that's the change we voted for May God help us.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by spartacus11(m): 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
Bizibi:
The BMC crew is almost complete on this thread,just look at the way they are celebrating it......
They will say the govt is working and they are saving to give Nigerians a better life,I really love these set of sycophants.

The news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Charly68: 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

kindly explain how APC killed the economy
This people have lost their source of income since their boss lost election..they looted the treasury only to be shouting APC this APC that...they better be ignored because they are sick

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Jesusloveyou: 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
AroOkigbo:

the lagos-ibadan express road is your Head,
The Onitsha Enugu express road is your head.
The railway going in all the geopolitical zone is your head,
The ongoing seaport in calabar and about to start gelegele seaport in Edo state is what?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by baralatie(m): 8:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
Rityonyi:
the last time I checked, the CBN gov. said the foreign reserves was at N38 billion.

I don't know what to believe anymore with this APC and their lies. Anyway that's the change we voted for May God help us.

makes no difference what he says as long as the economy is been pressed and the fg is having problems finding policies that will stimulate growth and cut inflation. CBN is only left with agbero style driving of the economy
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by GeniusVincent(m): 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
Pretty much impressed.Haters be like wtf!..... cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by spartacus11(m): 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
Nwachineke1980:
Foreign reserve@May 2015 was $29.6b ,@December 2017 $36.9b.Difference of $7.2b.National debt @May 2015 was 12t naira($32.2b).National debt @December 2017 20t naira($58b).This does not include the approved $5.5b loan.Debt from $32.2b to $58b in less than three years.I pray some people receive sense.

Why do u love lies, debt under ur hero was $52billion not $32 billion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
dipoolowoo:
By Dipo Olowookere

As at Thursday, December 14, 2017, a total of $36.9 billion was left in the foreign reserves of Nigeria, data from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) reveals.

According to the apex bank, this amount grew by 0.4 percent from the previous day, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, when the reserves had $36.7 billion.

Nigeria’s foreign reserves have recorded a growth of 5.1 percent in from December 1 to December 14, 2017.

On December 1, 2017, the amount in the reserves was $35.1 billion.

Already, the external reserves of Africa’s largest economy have recorded 41.2 percent increase this year.

According to data obtained by Business Post on the website of the CBN, where details of the reserve management and movement are published, the country opened the year with $26.1 billion in the reserves.

The government had a target to increase the amount in its external reserves to $40 billion before the end of the year, but may not be met going by the rate the reserves have grown this year.

https://www.businesspost.ng/2017/12/17/nigerias-foreign-reserves-grow-36-9b/

As Nigeria's foreign reserve increases, The citizens keep on suffering... I'm dumb founded. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EndSARS Protests: South East Leaders To Engage Youths For Sustainable Peace / Two Rep Members, Aliyu Yawo And Danjuma Usman Defect To APC From APGA And PDP / Buhari, Lalong Mourn NIPSS DG, Galadima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.