Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b (11250 Views)

CBN: Foreign Reserves Drop To $36.12 Billion / British court orders Irish firm to seize $9b Nigeria’s foreign reserves / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Hit $47 Billion - Surpass That Of South Africa by $4b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
Yyeske:
Some people who hate Buhari will avoid this thread
Ur BMC salary must be high ooo

As Nigeria's foreign reserve increases, The citizens keep on suffering... I'm dumb founded.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Sabergol99(m): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
I don't like this government but fair is fair, this is a welcome development. However I urge all those having orgasms over this news to thread caution. The last administration might have been a wasteful spender, but this is an excess borrower. The last might have bloated a lot of capital projects, but this keeps paying lip service to capital expansion and the diversification agenda. Go read the Q3 foreign trade reports (in fact, start from Q1 2017), you'll see that diversification is in lip service and we actually had a more diversified base then (2014) than now. Stop ignorantly shouting sai Buhari or Jonathan and get involved in the actual processes that would save this country for us and our children.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by baralatie(m): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
PrecisionFx:

As Nigeria's foreign reserve increases, The citizens keep on suffering... I'm dumb founded. grin
yep!
it is called making the mountain out of a Vogel peak
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
baralatie:

yep!
it is called making the mountain out of a Vogel peak

'"Vogel peak""

Lemme ask Ggrin;DGLE.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by plaetton: 8:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
If your memory has issues, what makes you think same applies to others? Besides, how will same "vagabonds" who made same announcements of clocking $40b now wake up to celebrate $37b? Again, aren't there appropriate means of verifying claims independent of government official statements? Aren't all these about common sense? Now, to help your memory, announcement preceeding this most recent hovers around $35b. Again, if from $47b to $30b is "wailing", beings suffering from cognitive impairment are not far-fetched.

https://www.nairaland.com/4217318/nigerias-external-reserves-hit-four#63019979

Lol.

So you mean that you went through all this ramble and babble just to prove my point that these government figures are nothing but propaganda horseshyte ? grin grin

Well, thanks anyway. wink
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by xlander(m): 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
givan:
$36.9 billion - $1billion =...
1 billion will be taken from the excess crude account not the reserve

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Bizibi(m): 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
spartacus11:

The news
hehehehehe!!!! Funny beings
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by python1: 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
[s]
plaetton:

Lol.

So you mean that you went through all this ramble and babble just to prove my point that these government figures are nothing but propaganda horseshyte ? grin grin

Well, thanks anyway. wink
[/s]
I actually went through the "ramble and babble" to bring to fore the types of creatures suffering from "cognitive impairment". Funny enough, those creatures are usually the first to describe others with their own inborn traits. Where is the imaginary $40b? Who made the announcement?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by phkka1(m): 9:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
Ikpeazu is owing 8 months salary for civil servants.

Buhari made noise all salaries will be paid before this year's Christmas. He cannot match words with action.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by tiger28: 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
Yyeske:
Some people who hate Buhari will avoid this thread
they wont understand numbers because most of them are illiterates. This won't make sense to them. The only reserve they understand is the reserve players in a football match.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by tiger28: 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
juman:

@bolded.
Gradually, you are getting to where?

This is an insane government.
Totally confused government.
Look, obasanjo saved over thirty billion dollars, where is the money today?
Yet nothing is functioning in the country.

The useless old man president should know that the economy is dead, hunger is killing people.

The confused overaged president should rather build the highly needed infrastructure, the countries that have their infrastructure working well was built by their leaders.
This is why i said most of you idiots ate illiterates and ignorant. So you never knew that the drunkard depleted our reserve that Obj saved?who took power after obj because yaradua didnt stay that long.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by AroOkigbo(m): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
the lagos-ibadan express road is your Head,
The Onitsha Enugu express road is your head.
The railway going in all the geopolitical zone is your head,
The ongoing seaport in calabar and about to start gelegele seaport in Edo state is what?
needless the insults
I said COMPLETED AND COMMISSIONED
Now try again!
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by blackpanda: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
Foolish ipob

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by ibedun: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
phkka1:

Buhari made noise all salaries will be paid before this year's Christmas. He cannot match words with action.

So Buhari should send the Army to Abia State to force Ikpeazu to pay the salaries?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by ibedun: 9:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
givan:
$36.9 billion - $1billion =...

Olodo, poor ignoramus!

ECA and reserves are 2 different pots

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by luvinhubby(m): 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
is your brain functioning?

Your ineffectual buffoon depleted the reserve without a single infrastructure.
Buhari is building infrastructure and adding to the reserve,
That is a great feat.

Name two infrastructures built by Buhari?
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Juenwume: 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
greatiyk4u:
In every nation where moral values has gone into extinction, people of INTEGRITY like BUHARI are hated.

How can the same people who hail
Yahoo boys
Kidnappers
Baby factory dealers
Corrupt politicians
Slay queens
As the biggest boys in town love who stand for and celebrate MORAL SANITY?

Buhari was sent by God to save Nigeria from the impending disaster that awaited us......how can one who couldn't manage Nigeria with huge resources manage her in recession with appreciable increase of foreign reserve?

Happy birthday "Mai gaskiya daga Allah"
Bros. You try, you sabi yan.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by luvinhubby(m): 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
The ongoing seaport in calabar and about to start gelegele seaport in Edo state is what?

Lagos-Ibadan was awarded by GEJ

onitsha - Enugu was awarded by GEJ and both are still ongoing.

2nd Niger bridge has been abandoned

The only railway ongoing in this country is Lagos - Kano and it was awarded by OBJ.

calabar port is a ghost yard.

Stop talking thrash.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by donb06: 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
i didnt want to comment. bt ma broda lagos- ibadan was awarded by jonathan in 2013 and work started dt year i was at the venue of flag off. onitsha - enugu was also awarded by jonathan in 2014. for the calabar seaport, nothing i mean absolutely nothing is happening am currently serving at the community the seaport is sighted as for the gelegele i dnt knw. no hard feelns bro tnx
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by obailala(m): 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
juman:

@bolded.
Gradually, you are getting to where?

This is an insane government.
Totally confused government.
Look, obasanjo saved over thirty billion dollars, where is the money today?
Yet nothing is functioning in the country.

The useless old man president should know that the economy is dead, hunger is killing people.

The confused overaged president should rather build the highly needed infrastructure, the countries that have their infrastructure working well was built by their leaders.
Very typical of the black man, never thinks about tomorrow... "hunger oo! hunger oo! hunger oo!!, bring all the money let's eat today"... and then what happens tomorrow when the money dries up and a worse famine comes?

No insults intended, but you exhibit the exact same chronic myopia and painful ignorance which led the government of GEJ to squander valuable reserves in the name of "building highly needed infrastructure". At the end of the day, reserves were gone, national debts rose inexplicably and even with the largest search-lights, Nigerians couldnt still find the so called "highly needed infrastructure" which those moneys were spent on till date.

Fast-forward to 2014, oil price suddenly crashes and economy begins to tumble, it spirals out of control from 2015 when there was nothing left in the reserves to counter the oil price drop. Of course till date, a lot of people are still largely ignorant of the connection between having nothing substantial in reserves and the recession Nigeria got into.

Obasanjo saved over $60billion and that singular act was the reason Nigeria didnt fall into recession during the global economic crisis in 2008. If only that momentum of saving was maintained, Nigeria had no reason to have had anything less than $100billion in reserves following the miraculous oil boom between 2010 and 2014. But what did we get when the leaders followed your "spend all the money" ideology?... Recession!!. **Oh sorry I forgot, Buhari engineered the recession 100% with his dullness**

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by bigpicture001: 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

kindly explain how APC killed the economy
..kindly explain how PDP killed the economy?
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by bigpicture001: 10:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
obailala:
Very typical of the black man, never thinks about tomorrow... "hunger hunger hunger!!, bring all the money let's eat"... and then what happens tomorrow whrn the money dries and a worse famine comes?

No insults intended, but you exhibit the exact same chronic myopia and painful ignorance which led the government of GEJ to squander valuable reserves in the name of "building highly needed infrastructure". At the end of the day, reserves were gone, national debts rose inexplicably and even with the largest search-lights, Nigerians cant still find the so called "highly needed infrastructure" which those moneys were spent on till date.

Fast-forward to 2014, oil price suddenly crashes and economy begins to tumble, it spirals out of control from 2015 when there was nothing left in the reserves to counter the oil price drop. Of course till date, a lot of people are still largely ignorant of the connection between having nothing substantial in reserves and the recession Nigeria got into.

Obasanjo saved over $60billion and that singular act was the reason Nigeria didnt fall into recession during the global economic crisis in 2008. If only that momentum of saving was maintained, Nigeria had no reason to have had anything less than $100billion in reserves following the miraculous oil boom between 2010 and 2014. But what did we get when the leaders followed your "spend all the money" ideology?... Recession!!. **Oh sorry I forgot, Buhari engineered the recession 100% with his dullness**
...honestly,you talk like a very educated illiterate..oh sorry for the insult ; maybe economics is not your field..do you know how this foreign reserve are acrued,do you know the law guiding the release of the money to the economy?..do you know the core reasons recession surfaces at all?..i dont think you know this stuffs,hence your lengthy yet empty write up....
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Neoteny(m): 10:52pm On Dec 17, 2017
Stockpiling it for PDP loot all over again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by GavelSlam: 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
python1:

Infact, I have replied him three times before I discovered his condition.

grin
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by GavelSlam: 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
nedu666:
neva seen so many jobless young men and women on nairaland. creating and commenting on every thread shows u are unemployed. no employer or employee will tolerate or spend his work hours on nairaland. Even seun the owner does not this quantity of time on nairaland. dude has other business. be wise

A robot typed this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by obailala(m): 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
bigpicture001:
...honestly,you talk like a very educated illiterate..oh sorry for the insult ; maybe economics is not your field..do you know how this foreign reserve are acrued,do you know the law guiding the release of the money to the economy?..do you know the core reasons recession surfaces at all?..i dont think you know this stuffs,hence your lengthy yet empty write up....
Oh yes I'm an illiterate. So kindly educate me on all you've just mentioned above please. Kindly explain how recessions happen and how Nigeria's lack of forex reserves was not a factor. I'm keen on learning your stellar economic theories.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
Film trick.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by GavelSlam: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
Rityonyi:
the last time I checked, the CBN gov. said the foreign reserves was at N38 billion.

I don't know what to believe anymore with this APC and their lies. Anyway that's the change we voted for May God help us.

Provide a quote or sneak back into your crevice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by GavelSlam: 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Ur BMC salary must be high ooo

As Nigeria's foreign reserve increases, The citizens keep on suffering growing... I'm dumb founded.

Fixed.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Pataricatering(f): 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
Is it foreign reserves they would use to fund infrastructure ? Go and do your research before commenting !
OnucheAdams:
What's the correlation between foreign reserves and development, if any?
You claim to have a stash of funds in reserves, yet you are embarking on mindless borrowing to fund infrastructure in tandem with unneeded FOREX subsidies; who's fooling who here?
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by GavelSlam: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
Sabergol99:
I don't like this government but fair is fair, this is a welcome development. However I urge all those having orgasms over this news to thread caution. The last administration might have been a wasteful spender, but this is an excess borrower. The last might have bloated a lot of capital projects, but this keeps paying lip service to capital expansion and the diversification agenda. Go read the Q3 foreign trade reports (in fact, start from Q1 2017), you'll see that diversification is in lip service and we actually had a more diversified base then (2014) than now. Stop ignorantly shouting sai Buhari or Jonathan and get involved in the actual processes that would save this country for us and our children.

Provide references.

You can't expect us to take your word for it.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by GavelSlam: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
phkka1:

So you want the Federal government to pay state civil servant salaries?

Why not go to ExxonMobil HQ to request your salary?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015: North Bids For Power Shift / Garba Shehu Replies Economist On Threats To Nigeria’s Stability / FG Spent ₦57.8 Billion On Christmas Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.