Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b (11238 Views)

CBN: Foreign Reserves Drop To $36.12 Billion / British court orders Irish firm to seize $9b Nigeria’s foreign reserves / Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Hit $47 Billion - Surpass That Of South Africa by $4b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by tuniski: 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
Mayflowa:

I am not supporting Jonathan but let's not quickly forget how we stopped subsidy removal in Jonathan's government. The money used to accommodate for fuel subsidy was more than $1 billion weekly. The man and Sanusi cried out but we and APC wrestled him down. Buhari is not paying any subsidy on fuel. He even increased fuel price at the time every country of the world reduced their pump price. He only spends money on Salaries.

Subsidy albeit some fake collections ate into Jonathan's govt and Jonathan is better in financing infrastructure than Buhari. He opened up 9 FG universities at once for instance. Still, the corruption is Jonathan's govt is unforgivable but do not think there is no corruption in Buhari's govt.

Jonathan ought to be the man to change Nigeria but he failed. That is why I detest him. But Buhari do not even stand a chance to alter the fate of Nigerians and Nigeria. To start with, he is a bigot and senile.

God bless you.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
OnucheAdams:

An expert one indeed...A Technocrat in Dullardology.

""Technocrat in Dullardology""

BROS I HAIL OOOO, U sabi pass me grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
GavelSlam:

Fixed.

Sai Asai buhari el magnifico in Dullardology. grin.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
Mayflowa:

I am not supporting Jonathan but let's not quickly forget how we stopped subsidy removal in Jonathan's government. The money used to accommodate for fuel subsidy was more than $1 billion weekly. The man and Sanusi cried out but we and APC wrestled him down. Buhari is not paying any subsidy on fuel. He even increased fuel price at the time every country of the world reduced their pump price. He only spends money on Salaries.

Subsidy albeit some fake collections ate into Jonathan's govt and Jonathan is better in financing infrastructure than Buhari. He opened up 9 FG universities at once for instance. Still, the corruption is Jonathan's govt is unforgivable but do not think there is no corruption in Buhari's govt.

Jonathan ought to be the man to change Nigeria but he failed. That is why I detest him. But Buhari do not even stand a chance to alter the fate of Nigerians and Nigeria. To start with, he is a bigot and senile.

""Jonathan ought to be the man to change Nigeria but he failed. That is why I detest him. But Buhari do not even stand a chance to alter the fate of Nigerians and Nigeria. To start with, he is a bigot and senile""

How?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
Mayflowa:

""Jonathan ought to be the man to change Nigeria but he failed. That is why I detest him. But Buhari do not even stand a chance to alter the fate of Nigerians and Nigeria. To start with, he is a bigot and senile""

How?

""accommodate for fuel subsidy was more than $1 billion weekly""

Are u sure u know what 1 billion dollars per week is? That's 52 billion dollars in a year. How much was the Nigerian budget wen GEJ was in power

U people should fear God while pulling statistics from ur mind or from useless Yoruba newspapers.

GEJ that u guys accused of looting and all what not is the only Nigerian President who didn't allocate an oil well to himself. GEJ was a saint, It's obvious Nigerians got fed up with him comes from gross stupidity n Lack of education.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Mayflowa(m): 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2017
PrecisionFx:

How?

""accommodate for fuel subsidy was more than $1 billion weekly""

Are u sure u know what 1 billion dollars per week is? That's 52 billion dollars in a year. How much was the Nigerian budget wen GEJ was in power

U people should fear God while pulling statistics from ur mind or from useless Yoruba newspapers.

GEJ that u guys accused of looting and all what not is the only Nigerian President who didn't allocate an oil well to himself. GEJ was a saint, It's obvious Nigerians got fed up with him comes from gross stupidity n Lack of education.

Sorry, I actually was going to say $1 billion monthly. Weekly was a mistake. The actual cost of subsidy per year in Naira was N1.9 trillion. As at then, $1 was about 160. That means about $12 billion in a year. That was the cost of subsidy to Nigeria govt in Jonathan's time. There was no way any country won't fail with such money spend to power personal vehicles and residential electricity. Mind you, industries use diesel which was not subsidized.

We Nigerians consumed $12 billion dollars yearly for 5 years. That is $60 billions. Why did you think Buhari removed subsidy as first line of governance. Jonathan and his wife ain't no saint. They were given opportunities to be heroes as the time of economic boom. He squandered our collective wealth. His lack of firm and grip on his government shows how bad a leader he is. He is better as a primary school tutor. That is why he failed. Good leaders rule with charisma. Good heart is not enough to make a change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by baralatie(m): 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
Mayflowa:

Sorry, I actually was going to say $1 billion monthly. Weekly was a mistake. The actual cost of subsidy per year in Naira was N1.9 trillion. As at then, $1 was about 160. That means about $12 billion in a year. That was the cost of subsidy to Nigeria govt in Jonathan's time. There was no way any country won't fail with such money spend to power personal vehicles and residential electricity. Mind you, industries use diesel which was not subsidized.

We Nigerians consumed $12 billion dollars yearly for 5 years. That is $60 billions. Why did you think Buhari removed subsidy as first line of governance. Jonathan and his wife ain't no saint. They were given opportunities to be heroes as the time of economic boom. He squandered our collective wealth. His lack of firm and grip on his government shows how bad a leader he is. He is better as a primary school tutor. That is why he failed. Good leaders rule with charisma. Good heart is not enough to make a change.
let us see here,gov el rufai,ex gov tinubu,pastor tunde bakare,minister of information of Mr lai,ex gov of Lagos state Mr raji fashola,the whole of nairaland crew of berem,gbawe,obiagelli,demdem and the Nigeria news print media and omojuwa and co on twitter and those on Facebook also the Nigerian labour congress plus trade Union congress including the national association of Nigerian students and civil liberty organisations declared a joint opposition against the removal of subsidies in any form.
the APC Senate and APC rep decided and pursued a pattern to cripple the economy by making sure the economic plan of the fg is frustrated to an extent in terms of budgets,decisions and appropriations implementation.This ECA was declared an illegaAmaechint by the supreme court lead by this current minister of transport Hon.Amaechi,thereby making president Buhari keeping this account in legal limbo.
The APC shouted to high heavens that Nigeria economic growth was fraudulent and a hoax.
and I can go on and on how this APC and the media thought it was Democratic to be antigov.

GEJ is not the reason for subsidy continuation till today!GEJ is not the reason price of oil fell in the international market to $30.GEJ is not the reason we are in recession.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Mayflowa(m): 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
baralatie:

let us see here,gov el rufai,ex gov tinubu,pastor tunde bakare,minister of information of Mr lai,ex gov of Lagos state Mr raji fashola,the whole of nairaland crew of berem,gbawe,obiagelli,demdem and the Nigeria news print media and omojuwa and co on twitter and those on Facebook also the Nigerian labour congress plus trade Union congress including the national association of Nigerian students and civil liberty organisations declared a joint opposition against the removal of subsidies in any form.
the APC Senate and APC rep decided and pursued a pattern to cripple the economy by making sure the economic plan of the fg is frustrated to an extent in terms of budgets,decisions and appropriations implementation.This ECA was declared an illegaAmaechint by the supreme court lead by this current minister of transport Hon.Amaechi,thereby making president Buhari keeping this account in legal limbo.
The APC shouted to high heavens that Nigeria economic growth was fraudulent and a hoax.
and I can go on and on how this APC and the media thought it was Democratic to be antigov.

GEJ is not the reason for subsidy continuation till today!GEJ is not the reason price of oil fell in the international market to $30.GEJ is not the reason we are in recession.

Yes you very correct. Of course Jonathan isn't the cause for the recession. Buhari was when he run the economy singlehandedly for 6 month with executive officials, when he kept square pegs in a round holes because of bigotry, when he knows nothing about public and economy policy, when he forestalled dollars deposit and withdrawals, when he became absent from duty for several months.

But Jonathan failure made people chose change, APC and Buhari. Didn't Jonathan win his first election? He lost grip of hid leadership and everyone became rudderless. Given 100 years, Jonathan can't fix Nigeria. Buhari is even worse. The people are the worst.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
Mayflowa:

""There was no way any country won't fail with such money spend to power personal""

Same GEJ removed the fuel subsidy 2011, just 1 year into his regime (which he didn't start) and yet u follow do protests n called Him all sorts of names. In 2011/2012, It was announced that GEJ is the most insulted president in the world, He received over 15,000 insults on his Facebook page by Nigerians.

U guys should grow up pls, it's 2017, Focus on buhari n stop calling on GEJ who has long left Aso rock over 2½ years ago.

""Why did you think Buhari removed subsidy as first line of governance""

I sincerely think u have issues. GEJ removed subsidy una scream, una occupy Lagos for so many days doing riots upandan and GEJ brought back the subsidy. Are u having any mental issues

""We Nigerians consumed $12 billion dollars yearly"

That's the height if falsehood from Yoruba newspapers. U can confuse ur self for as long as it pleases, but don't drag others into it... How much was the Nigerian annual budget under GEJ Goan read up.

""Jonathan and his wife ain't no saint. They were given opportunities to be heroes as the time of economic boom. He squandered our collective wealth. His lack of firm and grip on his government shows how bad a leader he""

Seems u were still a baby wen GEJ was in power. Under GEJ the price of crude oil never touched 147 dollars per barrel as APC n the evils they represent made u believe. U can pull figures from ur head. it was under Yaradua that crude oil reached an all time high of 147 dollars per barrel unlike what the evil APC slotted for una brain. U have a smart phone, Pull crude oil charts for the last 10 years to confirm the prices of crude oil annually.

Under GEJ, Nigeria was constructing 10 gas turbines at a time, It was the biggest power project on planet earth at that time, It was contracted to General electric...... GE elevated Nigeria to ""SUPER CUSTOMER""

HE FINISHED N COMMISSIONED 6 OF THEM BEFORE 2015 ELECTION.

THE LIST OF HIS ACHIEVEMENT is endless, I can't type them.

I REPEAT AGAIN FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN STILL USE THEIR SENSES - GEJ IS THE ONLY NIGERIAN PRESIDENT THAT DIDNT ASSIGN AN OIL WELL TO HIS NAME(YET TO U HE IS THE MOST CORRUPT PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA'S HISTORY), WHILE THE BEST PRESIDENTS FROM THE PAST ALL COLLECTED OIL WELLS WORTH HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FREE OF CHARGE.grin grin grin.

I authoritatively tell u, The 5 GENCOS In Nigeria is owned by a past Yoruba president while the 10 DISCOS are owned by another Past military president a Hausa man.

GROW UP N GO FIGURE.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Ovamboland(m): 11:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
PrecisionFx:

""There was no way any country won't fail with such money spend to power personal""

Same GEJ removed the fuel subsidy 2011, just 1 year into his regime (which he didn't start) and yet u follow do protests n called Him all sorts of names. In 2011/2012, It was announced that GEJ is the most insulted president in the world, He received over 15,000 insults on his Facebook page by Nigerians.

U guys should grow up pls, it's 2017, Focus on buhari n stop calling on GEJ who has long left Aso rock over 2½ years ago.

I sincerely think u have issues. GEJ removed subsidy una scream, una occupy Lagos for so many days doing riots upandan and GEJ brought back the subsidy. Are u having any mental issues

That's the height if falsehood from Yoruba newspapers. U can confuse ur self for as long as it pleases, but don't drag others into it... How much was the Nigerian annual budget under GEJ Goan read up.

""Jonathan and his wife ain't no saint. They were given opportunities to be heroes as the time of economic boom. He squandered our collective wealth. His lack of firm and grip on his government shows how bad a leader he""

Seems u were still a baby wen GEJ was in power. Under GEJ the price of crude oil never touched 147 dollars per barrel as APC n the evils they represent made u believe. U can pull figures from ur head. it was under Yaradua that crude oil reached an all time high of 147 dollars per barrel unlike what the evil APC slotted for una brain. U have a smart phone, Pull crude oil charts for the last 10 years to confirm the prices of crude oil annually.

Under GEJ, Nigeria was constructing 10 gas turbines at a time, It was the biggest power project on planet earth at that time, It was contracted to General electric...... GE elevated Nigeria to ""SUPER CUSTOMER""

I REPEAT AGAIN FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN STILL USE THEIR SENSES - GEJ IS THE ONLY NIGERIAN PRESIDENT THAT DIDNT ASSIGN AN OIL WELL TO HIS NAME(YET TO U HE IS THE MOST CORRUPT PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA'S HISTORY), WHILE THE BEST PRESIDENTS FROM THE PAST ALL COLLECTED OIL WELLS WORTH HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FREE OF CHARGE.grin grin grin.

I authoritatively tell u, The 5 GENCOS In Nigeria is owned by a past Yoruba president while the 10 DISCOS are owned by another Past military president a Hausa man.

GROW UP N GO FIGURE.

Who supervised the sale of the GENCOS and DISCOS, and why was it done? That gives you an idea of the type of corruption practice under Jonathan.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 19, 2017
Ovamboland:

Who supervised the sale of the GENCOS and DISCOS, and why was it done? That gives you an idea of the type of corruption practice under Jonathan.

Bros pls stop replying. U have a zero idea about Nigeria. Pls.
Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Mayflowa(m): 2:32am On Dec 19, 2017
PrecisionFx:

GROW UP N GO FIGURE.

This would be my last reply to you if you continue with your invective. I actually thought you are mature enough to have healthy discourse devoid of insults. Why do you assume I supported Buhari? No I never supported Buhari as I still don't now. I know from the beginning he is not fit for a president. I do not choose unintelligent people to leadership. I have told you poor leading Jonathan is still better than Buhari in a short run. Concerning subsidy, I led opinion here on Nairaland in many occasion why Nigeria must buy into subsidy removal. I have attached an example thread as far back as Jan 2012.

But Jonathan do not deserve any praise. if he had charisma as a leader, he would get support for his programme. How did he introduce subsidy removal. No notice. He announced it on a new year day of 2012. That is not charismatic and sensitive. He ought to keep debating the benefit of removing subsidy and how to mitigate the immediate hardship from it.

Secondly, Jonathan build many gas turbine power plant. But As a mechanical engineer who had schooled in different parts of the world, I would tell you gas turbine cannot solve a country power problem. Gas turbine is meant for industries especially and mostly to substitute for peak load because they are easy to switch on and off. Any power conscious country would go for hydro power station, steam turbine and coal power station to meet her country base load. Any wonder why all the billion dollar poured into gas turbine has not yielded any significant result?

Thirdly, it is foolhardy to believe Jonathan didn't embezzle money. Oil block is just one of the numerous way to embezzle and that even provides employment. Raw billions can be carted away. How did Mrs Jonathan come across all her seized millions of dollars in her account. We haven't talked about her buried money, foreign accounts and her peace airline!

who sold all the gencos and discos to past presidents? Is that what a leader needing change behaves? Jonathan is just lilly livered, corrupt and support corruption and he holds no place in history.

Re: Nigeria’s Foreign Reserves Grow To $36.9b by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 19, 2017
Mayflowa:

This would be my last reply to you if you continue with your invective. I actually thought you are mature enough to have healthy discourse devoid of insults. Why do you assume I supported Buhari? No I never supported Buhari as I still don't now. I know from the beginning he is not fit for a president. I do not choose unintelligent people to leadership. I have told you poor leading Jonathan is still better than Buhari in a short run. Concerning subsidy, I led opinion here on Nairaland in many occasion why Nigeria must buy into subsidy removal. I have attached an example thread as far back as Jan 2012.

But Jonathan do not deserve any praise. if he had charisma as a leader, he would get support for his programme. How did he introduce subsidy removal. No notice. He announced it on a new year day of 2012. That is not charismatic and sensitive. He ought to keep debating the benefit of removing subsidy and how to mitigate the immediate hardship from it.

Secondly, Jonathan build many gas turbine power plant. But As a mechanical engineer who had schooled in different parts of the world, I would tell you gas turbine cannot solve a country power problem. Gas turbine is meant for industries especially and mostly to substitute for peak load because they are easy to switch on and off. Any power conscious country would go for hydro power station, steam turbine and coal power station to meet her country base load. Any wonder why all the billion dollar poured into gas turbine has not yielded any significant result?

Thirdly, it is foolhardy to believe Jonathan didn't embezzle money. Oil block is just one of the numerous way to embezzle and that even provides employment. Raw billions can be carted away. How did Mrs Jonathan come across all her seized millions of dollars in her account. We haven't talked about her buried money, foreign accounts and her peace airline!

who sold all the gencos and discos to past presidents? Is that what a leader needing change behaves? Jonathan is just lilly livered, corrupt and support corruption and he holds no place in history.

I swear, I didn't read this.

I've made my points very clear in such a way that anyone who wants to reason will understand it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Planning To Rig Saturday’s Poll- Oshiomole Insists / EndSARS Protests: South East Leaders To Engage Youths For Sustainable Peace / 10 Things Nigerians Expect From Bawa As EFCC Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.