Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories (34432 Views)

Pope Francis Visits Iraqi Christians Who Suffered Under IS (Photos) / What Will Be The Judgment For Christians Who Support Jungle Justice? / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by adams123: 10:10am On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:
My father was born into a Muslim polygamous family, while my mother was born into a polygamous Christian family

I grew up with my mother so indirectly I was a Christian but had a Muslim name. I started reading both religious holy book and found out they’re don’t make sense with a lot of scientific errors in them. So I started to question my belief, I was an agnostic at that point

Until I started asking my father some questions about religion but he couldn’t answer. So I became an atheist

Brother, kindly mention the scientific contradictions in Bible & Qur'an for enlightenment purposes. You can also drop those questions your beloved Dad failed to answer about Islam. Thanks
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by bughead: 10:11am On Dec 17, 2017
BenzEne1:

So Catholics aren't Christians. Could you state the denominations of christianity that are actually on the right part ?

just give your life to Christ Jesus and follow his instruction in the bible!

You don't need to go to any church to be a Christian

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by ALVA001: 10:11am On Dec 17, 2017
princessayesha:

He is so funny I swear...he went as far as fabricating Hadiths grin

Don't mind the yeye boy. If he had a gun, he wouldn't mind shooting me. grin grin grin

O dun wora

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by chillychill(f): 10:12am On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:
lmao I’m not stubborn, once you give me evidence of his existence, I’ve gone to church, mosque and I even attend some traditional events and I still don’t see any evidence of any “ supreme being” but once you can provide proof I promise to follow your religion and bring more people

Lol,I hope u aren't stubborn lik u claim. Don't worry ull no how He exist soon I just hope it won't be too late smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by 4direct: 10:14am On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:
if men who wrote it were inspired by him and god is the all wise and Allah is al-Hakeem ( Allah the wise one ) . How come he inspired them to write rubbish in their holy book?

The book is meant to teach is word,
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by milliman(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2017
There are over a million religion in the world but dont worry your religion is the only true religion[size=8pt][/size] shocked shocked
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Originality007: 10:15am On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:

To every Muslim converted to Christianity, 100 more are ready to replace him.

'La ikraha fid din' (no compulsion in religion)

This is my contribution

Quote me and get neglected
is because u plpp breed like pig...
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by HajimeSaito(m): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2017
ollah1:

Deuteronomy 13:

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

Deuteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die."

You poor ignoramus. You think you can just quote Christian scripture from out of the shallowness of your ignorance. The Children of Israel made an oath with God (the real God not your fake allah) that if they disobey him, they will forfeit their lives. It was the Children of Israel who made a vow that if they disobey God, the punishment will be death. Do you think Christianity is like your corrupted fake “religion”

2Ch 15:12 And the Children of Israel entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;

2Ch 15:13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

2Ch 15:14 And they sware unto the LORD with a loud voice, and with shouting, and with trumpets, and with cornets.

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by favexx(f): 10:21am On Dec 17, 2017
scarwiz:
i know a lot of people have come out of a muslim family and are now christians glory be to God eg prophet isa elbuba his like the modern day apostle paul in the bible pls come and shares yours#countertrend
read about him years ago
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:

This is my contribution

most people that left Islam knows nothing about it
that's the truth

5 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by hakeem4(m): 10:22am On Dec 17, 2017
adams123:

Brother, kindly mention the scientific contradictions in Bible & Qur'an for enlightenment purposes. You can also drop those questions your beloved Dad failed to answer about Islam. Thanks
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by MAbdulsamod(m): 10:23am On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:
My father was born into a Muslim polygamous family, while my mother was born into a polygamous Christian family

I grew up with my mother so indirectly I was a Christian but had a Muslim name. I started reading both religious holy book and found out they’re don’t make sense with a lot of scientific errors in them. So I started to question my belief, I was an agnostic at that point

Until I started asking my father some questions about religion but he couldn’t answer. So I became an atheist
"Until I started asking my father some questions about religion but he couldn't answer". Go ask someone who has the knowledge and not your father. FYI there is no scientific errors in the Quran. But you'll find tonnes in the bible.

4 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by UncleJudax(m): 10:26am On Dec 17, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

Seun this is a Christian thread.... We deserve protection!
I am Not a religious Person, but why should you and I aree to Allahs teaching before we can comment on Muslim topics But they are free to comment on every Christian topic?

Christians are too soft!

2 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by hakeem4(m): 10:28am On Dec 17, 2017
MAbdulsamod:

"Until I started asking my father some questions about religion but he couldn't answer". Go ask someone who has the knowledge and not your father. FYI there is no scientific errors in the Quran. But you'll find tonnes in the bible.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 17, 2017
HajimeSaito:

You poor ignoramus. You think you can just quote Christian scripture from out of the shallowness of your ignorance. The Children of Israel made an oath with God (the real God not your fake allah) that if they disobey him, they will forfeit their lives. It was the Children of Israel who made a vow that if they disobey God, the punishment will be death. Do you think Christianity is like your corrupted fake “religion”

2Ch 15:12 And the Children of Israel entered into a covenant to seek the LORD God of their fathers with all their heart and with all their soul;

2Ch 15:13 That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

2Ch 15:14 And they sware unto the LORD with a loud voice, and with shouting, and with trumpets, and with cornets.

That's why Christianity has the least population in Isrea way behind Islam and Judaism lecause they know its a fake and corrupt "religion"
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by dokJ: 10:29am On Dec 17, 2017
apharm:
I had wanted to wish u HBD but for the PMB attached, I changed my mind
lol.....Alryt!
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by realabraham: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2017
Why are you Muslims like this? On Fridays, similar posts like this are posted about people converting from Christianity to Islam. Now, today Sunday, Christians post experience in converting from Islam to Christianity and you people want to die. Stay in your lane. Nobody is forcing you. I don't like typing hateful comments but you people must learn to respect and tolerate every soul and stop forcing yourselves where you are not invited. If you can't, form your own forum or create your own country. Kilonshele? Christianity is the number one religion. There is nothing you can do about it. If you are really peace loving, stop gate crashing into posts that don't concern you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by bigpicture001: 10:35am On Dec 17, 2017
ALVA001:
My both parents were born into a Muslim polygamous family, grew up as Muslims but while they were in school during those days they were persecuted by Christians, denied of all fundamental human rights. There were times they were not allowed to go home for Muslim festivals, they catch you praying in school you're done. They even humiliated them and allowed Christians to teach them Islamic Religious knowledge. Forced to memorize the Bible in sine instances. All this later got to them so when they married they converted to Christianity. Things became so hard economically they had no choice, Christians controlled everywhere, and they were not merciful to non- Christians. Soon enough dad opted out of government job to establish his own business so he changed back to Islam, mum remained in government job so she remained a Christian. But to the Glory of the Almighty today we the children are all Muslims and happy.
"Verily the unbelievers wish to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah has perfected his light even though the disbelievers do not like it".

Hope you enjoyed my story.
...is hard to tell you, but both your mum and dad has been lying to you the children..i can agree with persecution at skl,cuz students are young ppl who are mostly guided by emotions,but to say that place of govt work influence thier conversion is a BIG FAT LIE..in the old nigeria,the northerners rule govt employment and we hv a lot of ppl having to change thier named to Muslim names just to get favour in employed govt job..please dear ask your parents again,y dey hv to be switching religion nd they shld stop giving you children silly reason..mayb they resented the fact that Christianity in nigeria has been monetised..but they need to tell you kids the truth
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by realabraham: 10:35am On Dec 17, 2017
UncleJudax:

I am Not a religious Person, but why should you and I aree to Allahs teaching before we can comment on Muslim topics But they are free to comment on every Christian topic?

Christians are too soft!

I'm telling you. Just imagine?
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by francizy(m): 10:35am On Dec 17, 2017
ALVA001:
My both parents were born into a Muslim polygamous family, grew up as Muslims but while they were in school during those days they were persecuted by Christians, denied of all fundamental human rights. There were times they were not allowed to go home for Muslim festivals, they catch you praying in school you're done. They even humiliated them and allowed Christians to teach them Islamic Religious knowledge. Forced to memorize the Bible in sine instances. All this later got to them so when they married they converted to Christianity. Things became so hard economically they had no choice, Christians controlled everywhere, and they were not merciful to non- Christians. Soon enough dad opted out of government job to establish his own business so he changed back to Islam, mum remained in government job so she remained a Christian. But to the Glory of the Almighty today we the children are all Muslims and happy.
"Verily the unbelievers wish to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah has perfected his light even though the disbelievers do not like it".

Hope you enjoyed my story.

That's nice, at least, their heads weren't chopped off for not agreeing to the norm; as it's obtainable in some regions of Nigeria and some countries of the world.

Both religion have a lot of animals who claim to worship God but indeed, lust for blood (the peaceful ones) or money (the tithe consuming ones)..

1 Like

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

1. Whales are not fish

2. Bats are not birds

3. Rabbits do not chew their cud

4. The earth is not flat

5. The earth rests upon pillars and doesn't move -

6. There are not talking snakes or talking donkeys

7. God did not know the ratio of Pi is not 3

8. Moon is not a source of light it only reflects light

9. Claims that Adam & Eve were first humans ever created, yet giants were on earth before them

10. After the great flood a dove returns with an olive branch – no trees could have survived that long under water

11. The entire earth had one language – not true at all.

12. Striped goats are produced by looking at striped rods when goats were copulating.

13. Isrealites spent 40 years in the dessert when the journey should have only take a few weeks

14. Fowl have 4 legs - they ave 2

15. Insects have 4 legs - they have 6

16. Moses did not eat or drink for 40 days or nights

17. Abijah spoke to 1,200,000 soldiers at one time – with no amplifier that would be impossible.

18. Haman thought in his heart - humans think with their brains

19. The sky is solid and strong like a mirror

20. Snails melt

21. God made everything beautiful – including leprosy, cancer and other vile disease

22. God supposedly made all animals to fear humans. But almost all juvenile animals do not.

23. Noah’s ark was not remotely big enough to accommodate all the animals even if they were very young.

24. The ark was a very bad design and would never be sea worthy either.

25. Where did all the giants come from?

26. Where did all the dragons come from – there is no evidence that any ever lived on this earth

27. The bible claims that the entire earth and universe was created by magic in only 6 – 24 hour days. However science has proven the earth to be billions of years old.

28. If man was made in the image of your god, why are we not invisible too?

29. If you god was so smart, why did he have to plagiarize the holy books of other religions and use them as his own?

30. Why are the 10 commandments taken directly from the Egyptian Book of the Dead that was written over 3000 years
before Moses was born?

This is just a very short list of a few of the multitude of errors in your bible.

Lol.. Lmao. Guy, you need help. I swear down. You really need help.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:
a lot like the noah’s Ark, Elijah and the chariot of fire, Jesus ascending to heaven

Mohammed dividing the moon into two

There are things beyond your thought, and be as it may, you are not anywhere close smart to at all.
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by just2endowed: 10:39am On Dec 17, 2017
ollah1:

Nobody need to swear an oath because non Christians aren't bigots that will derail threads as it's obvious right here. Same can't be said if it were the other way round

Lol now u knew u have sworn an oath.

Good thing u are not made to swear an oath before u reply me.

What if it's the other way around, am sure u would have called for mods or seun head to respect ur oath taking.

But u came here purposely to derail the thread since you are not a Christian.

Lol don't be afraid, u head and hand will not be chop off
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by bigpicture001: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2017
unight:
Allahu Akbar!! Islam all the way.
..gud for you...
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by virus05(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2017
Bari22:

This is my contribution

Its the fastest cos u guys give birth like chickens

2 Likes

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by hopefulLandlord: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2017
dadaic:

Lol.. Lmao. Guy, you need help. I swear down. You really need help.
everybody needs help, so do you
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by shejane: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2017
I gave up on Islam after watching the movie 'Tyrant'
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2017
BenzEne1:

Islam remains the fastest growing religion in the world today. Are we achieving that true brute force ? No!!

Of course a majority of religions were spread through war, Christianity included.

Islam remains the number one religion in Sierra Leone today. With 78 percent from the last count.

Those numbers are deceptive. Islam's growth is due purely to high birth rates of Muslims and not by conversation.
Christianity on the other hand continues to grow in much of the world by conversation particularly in places like China India Vietnam etc.

The problem with Islam as a secret Saudi document issued after 911 attack revealed their concern that the violence which the religion is associated with. While Islam has always been barbaric, the information age has shown a spotlight on it now as was never possible in the in the dark ages. This has discouraged potentially new converts as you have to be nuts to voluntarily want to inherit all that anger and rage at the world.

You will find a few yoruba families that are all Christians but you will not find one that are all Muslims. Islam is an antithesis to yoruba easy going culture. That is why the youba word for Islam is Imale which means doctrine of force. And so it was culturally easy for many yorubas to flee Islam first through the white garment churches and later to pentecostalism.

About all the biggest yoruba pastors were born into Muslim families. Islam suffers in yoruba land too as a result of the educational gap between Christians and Muslims which also leads to income gap. This has built in an inferiority complex amongst yoruba Muslims.

As such gone are the yoruba Muslim names of old. Nobody names their children Salawa Momudatu Mutiu Nurudeen anymore. They've been substituted by Seun Abike mclatunji etc so as to move away from the stigma of Islam.

In Auchi just like Sierra Leone most of the Momohs are now Christians. There you will find Reverend Mohammed Pastor Abdulahi and of courses Prophet Sulaiman. Their Aminas are all in churches.

In the western world about everyone who converts to Islam is been found to be unstable. Others are jail house conversations and misinformed blacks use it as a protest point. Most give it up within 5 years.

Islam is going down simply because it is evil and impossible to reform.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by MansaHenry(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2017
hakeem4:

like the errors in your write up...and meanwhile Uncle atheist can you tell me what happens around when you are at sleep at night?
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by Olive33: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2017
OK
Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by bigpicture001: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2017
UncleJudax:

Christians are too soft!
..seun,lalastical are all Muslims..also they are protecting you from the dangerous consequences of mayb ur hatred views towards islam as they don't trust them not to react violently..so the best way to mk peace is not to allow the opposing sides meet at all..anyways,allowing dem com to christian trend to say rubbish is injustice..oya,seun nd co..do d usual; ban me as usual for saying the plain truth.would be surprised if u dont..see u guyz latr in two weeks tym

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories by vroy(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2017
Lakum dinukum waliyadin let ur religion be yours an let mine be mine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mbaka Denies Prophesying Against Peter Obi, Heads To Monastery / Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / You Shall Not Die- Osinachi's Children Pray For Her On Her Last Birthday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.