Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,736 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music (10707 Views)

Chris Brown "HOME" | Shots Of Naija In Video / The Best Of Naija Mix (5mb In Size, 50 Mins Long) Download And Enjoy! / CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by killafree: 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2010
i am ashamed of naija music these days. While other countries are improving with the poetic or lyrical content of their music naija music (apart from a few emcees) is going down the drain. Decreasing in quality. Now the more stupid and meaningless your song sounds, the better in naija. Look at musicians like Terry G, Maleke, and the host of others, they are dropping simply nonsense on a party beat. It looks like retards are soon going to start recording songs in the naija music industry.

ANY WAY SHA, big ups to the few who are still trying to drop real ish: Mode 9, 9ice, Banky W, George Bush, Tu face,
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2010
Yes ooo. I guess music in naija is just a way out of poverty than being talented and creative.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by tosinaded(m): 12:17am On Apr 02, 2010
Another one jst got access to the net!
Here's the result. .

#itsnaija
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Mobinga: 1:50am On Apr 02, 2010
What do you mean tosin? This guy is writing the truth here! How can an [b]im[/b]becile like Terry G get so much attention, popularity and worst of all play counts? For saying absolutely nothing!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 3:10am On Apr 02, 2010
not really

good music died with michael jackson

look at the people being branded hiphop royalt

niki minaj and drake

look at those branded musilcal geniuses

lady gaga and will i am

look at what people are listenin to in the uk

cheryl cole a jay sean

im sorry poster good music died long ago-------RIP

ur onli option is to whip out the old record player and listen to oldies!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by bluespice(f): 3:12am On Apr 02, 2010
all of u are right
idio[i]t[/i]s like you mentioned shouldn't be allowed near recording studios talk more of having demos
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 3:31am On Apr 02, 2010
I think the world may have moved on and left u guys behind. grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by bluespice(f): 3:32am On Apr 02, 2010
that we have some good acts doesn't take away from the fact that fools are still being celebrated
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 3:37am On Apr 02, 2010
"Fools" have always been celebrated. Afroman's "because I got high"  was nominated for a grammy. Milli Vanilli rocked the world. Ain't $hit changed IMHO  undecided
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 3:42am On Apr 02, 2010
^^ that song was mad funny though!

even the grammys are obverrated

beyonce got 6 grammys for single ladies!!!! single ladies are u kidding me

i lost respect for the grammys long ago sha!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 3:45am On Apr 02, 2010
I think u guys have a point, I just don't think anything has changed. It's a market place and u will almost always find all kinds of products. Some high quality and some that make u wish artistes had to write, and pass, musical JAMB. Also, sometimes that song u can't stand is someone else's favorite song.  undecided
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by bluespice(f): 3:49am On Apr 02, 2010
we celibrate mediocrity as a people
and mean the whole world
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 3:52am On Apr 02, 2010
now

now there is an absolute and complete death of good music

even the good artists have 'gone bad' cos its all about commerce

its no longer an art, they do what will sell instead of doing what they love

obviously when were catering songz to ur 13yr old dowloader- why wont it be thier favorite song

look at usher raymond smh its just a damn shame- he went from utter brilliance in confessions

to utter nonsence in raymond v raymond- dont even get me started on the junk called here i stand!

the whole industry has changed

u have to dig deep to find good music- it aint popular anymore  cry cry cry cry
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 3:54am On Apr 02, 2010
bluespice:

we celibrate mediocrity as a people
and mean the whole world

Ask different people to give u an example of "mediocre" and u will get different answers. Whose should we go by? undecided
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 3:55am On Apr 02, 2010
its a shallow world bluspice

and unfortunately the intelligent have to live in it!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 3:55am On Apr 02, 2010
ayettymama:

now

now there is an absolute and complete death of good music

even the good artists have 'gone bad' cos its all about commerce

its no longer an art, they do what will sell instead of doing what they love

obviously when were catering songz to your 13yr old dowloader- why wont it be thier favorite song

look at usher raymond smh its just a damn shame- he went from utter brilliance in confessions

to utter nonsence in raymond v raymond- dont even get me started on the junk called here i stand!

the whole industry has changed

u have to dig deep to find good music- it aint popular anymore  cry cry cry cry

hahaha. I understand ur frustration, but ur personal taste does not define what "good" music is. . . .
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by tosinaded(m): 4:34am On Apr 02, 2010
To u that called terry g an slowpoke,u come be wetin? abeg free the guy!

To y'all claiming to be intellects living in a world of mediocres, u know where to get wut u want!
Ur kind of music plenty 4 market. .stop complaining abeg!

#itsnaija
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by bluespice(f): 10:28am On Apr 02, 2010
tosinaded@:

To u that called terry g an slowpoke,u come be wetin? abeg free the guy!

To y'all claiming to be intellects living in a world of mediocres, u know where to get wut u want!
your kind of music plenty 4 market. .stop complaining abeg!

#itsnaija
while you approach is crass, you are indeed right;
there is still 'good music' out there it's just that one has to make an effort
although like krayola said, good music same with mediocrity is a very subjective term
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Genuflect(m): 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2010
Na when the whole Africa and Europe dey crase for Naija music, na dat time you dey shame. Lmao
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by eldee(m): 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2010
The way some people spew fuckery is quite amazing . . .
Good music died with Michael Jackson . . . hiphop died with Tupac . . . dancing died with James Brown.

If you're going to criticise stuff, then at least let's be reasonable about it. . .  when last did MJ release good music??
To attach an overly subjective view to an understandably sentimental matter as MJ's death is fine. . . but expecting us to take you serious is impossible.

It always works, let's praise the past and criticise the present, let's embrace the distant and tear apart the one that's right next to us, insult the young and respect the old. . . it's a trend, and it's just daft in my own opinion.

Why can't we judge artistes for their music and not where they're from, or how old they are??
Didn't Michael Jackson's era have wack people like Vanilla Ice . . . I listen to Slick Rick now and I swear, Eedris Abdulkareem will outrap that negro.

You criticise Nigerian music, but I'm still waiting for a plonker to come out and say Dare Art Alade is crap . . . or come here and say M.I and Modenine are not good enough because they're Nigerian.
Or maybe come out to say K'naan isn't good because he's relatively new. . .na there we go get beef.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by tosinaded(m): 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2010
Bluespice u know dat word was uncalled for

#itsnaija
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2010
eldee

i say it again

though good music was fadin wen mj was alive

the rest followed him to the grave! and soo did all hope for the future

yes there has always been whack artists, but im very sure there has never been an era where the charts were full of em!!

there has always been an odd, aqua, aaron carter, wierdspanishgaygrp, one hit wonders and the likes- standard- im sorry but now the music scene is concentrated wiv em and its just gonna be one barbie campaign to another!!
from silicone to silverscreen- strippin to stardom its not even about talent anymore!
its not about art
its not about creativity
its not the lyrics
the beautiful voice

its all abt whos got the autotune, the colorful wig, the bigger booty, the suicide when it aint hard rock, whos poppin the expensive champagne whos smoking what, whos drivin this shit wearing that crap!

im sawy but muzic iz DEAD! #dealwithit!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by eldee(m): 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is quite smart . . . an industry that has existed for hundreds of years is dead because some skinny guy had a cardiac arrest??
Actually, I think you're right.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 7:46pm On Apr 02, 2010
yeap- thats the way it is wink wink
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by eldee(m): 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2010
ayettymama:

yeap- thats the way it is wink wink

Please enlighten us more . . . when does Information Technology die??
Should I start getting ready for Bill Gates' death too??
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by slimghost(m): 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2010
I dont care what happened when MJ died, but actually, Naija music industry is actually getting dump and silly. Its now easy to sell albums in naija, just get a party beat from Terry G or K-solo(or mat of fact any dumb Bleep) and drop some incantations on it. We are rapidly loosing the values of good music in naija but anyways big ups to the ones keeping it real . People like Mode9,M.I, Lara George, Sound Sultan and some others.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2010
according to the legend eldee we should stop complaining

just continue to bob brain

i say suddenly i can feel the fingers rubbin me all this happened suddenly LAIT!!!!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 8:07pm On Apr 02, 2010
If u list ur top ten favorite songs it is likely six to eight of them will be on my " whack" list. Either I'm an unintelligent idiot with bad taste in music, or ur theory is severely flawed.

Live and let live.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by chic2pimp(m): 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2010
Krayola:

If u list your top ten favorite songs it is likely six to eight of them will be on my " whack" list. Either I'm an unintelligent idiot with bad taste in music, or your theory is severely flawed.

Live and let live.
This is definitely it grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by eldee(m): 8:14pm On Apr 02, 2010
slimghost:

I dont care what happened when MJ died, but actually, Naija music industry is actually getting dump and silly. Its now easy to sell albums in naija, just get a party beat from Terry G or K-solo(or mat of fact any dumb bleep) and drop some incantations on it. We are rapidly loosing the values of good music in naija but anyways big ups to the ones keeping it real . People like Mode9,M.I, Lara George, Sound Sultan and some others.

I'm saying the whole concept of 'good music' is extremely subjective. . . and to tie it to events in a certain time or place is extremely idiotic.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

This is definitely it grin

Haha. My iq when I was seven dwarfs yours now. I've gotten much much much smarter since  grin cool. Now go and play with your transformers  grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by chic2pimp(m): 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2010
Krayola:

Haha. My iq when I was seven dwarfed My Uncle's. I've gotten much much much smarter since grin cool. Now Uncle and play with your transformers grin
Fixed!!! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Koo Koo Fun (Feat. Tiwa Savage & DJ Maphorisa) By Major Lazer & League Djz / When Is The Right Time To Start Playing Christmas Music? / Ice Prince - Fire Of Zamani! - Album Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.