Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music (10738 Views)

Chris Brown "HOME" | Shots Of Naija In Video / The Best Of Naija Mix (5mb In Size, 50 Mins Long) Download And Enjoy! / CartiAir, Fecko, Teeto, Vector, Skales & Wizkid - The Future Of Naija Hip-hop! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 6:04am On Apr 06, 2010
Pidgin is our lingua Franca o. Go to any market in any big city and let me know what language u hear most. Oyinbo language no sweet so we remix am. Pidgin na guyman English. U better ja si  grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by eastOFwest(m): 9:55am On Apr 06, 2010
You might be ashamed of "Naija Retarded Music", but these white bwoys beg to differ.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-425690.0.html#msg5839007
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by londoner: 10:55am On Apr 06, 2010
bluespice:

is pidgin the lingua franqq of Nigeria?
why are we quick to shut people down as not being 'real' enough if they don't sing in pidgin?
smfh

Is Ebonics the lingua franca of the USA?

Is Patoia the lingua franca of Jamaica?

I like pidgin and I love hearing it, it is our equivalent of ebonics and patoia.

My complaint about the delivery in the vids I posted was mainly due to the fact that they are using a FAKE American accents. The talent is most definately real though.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by kehindebad(m): 11:00am On Apr 06, 2010
Found out long ago that "good music" is relative
just because you don't like it doesnt mean its bad
There's a reason you could tune off if you dont want to listen to it.

Better still sing too if you can & lets see how many people will really appreciate it.
GBAM!!!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by mikeoscar: 12:58pm On Apr 06, 2010
My take on subject is:
If you blame a man for serving Poison to His folks consistently, You should also look into the patronage. It's more of the People getting what's served (even though they don't deserve it) and not questionong it. If they don't buy or promote it won't sell. My humble opinion.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by mikeoscar: 1:02pm On Apr 06, 2010
Put the hegg in the ot hoil

, Like this baje. BTW Kryola, you be Yoruba man from Ogun state? grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by eldee(m): 1:55pm On Apr 06, 2010
sweetmadam:

No disrespect to Naija artistes o, but most are bush people so what do you expect?

Wow . . . that wasn't disrespectful in any way. undecided undecided
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by eastOFwest(m): 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2010
@ Krayola "Put the hegg in the ot hoil". LMFAO

That Iju is so fugged up! cheesy
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 2:54pm On Apr 06, 2010
mike oscar:

, Like this baje. BTW Kryola, you be Yoruba man from Ogun state? grin grin grin grin

haha. I be Lagos boy o. Parents from ondo. But nothin do Yoruba mehn. . Na oyinbo get dem language, we get every right to trample am to pieces.  grin

eastOFwest:

@ Krayola "Put the hegg in the ot hoil". LMFAO

That Iju is so fugged up! cheesy
haha. Which one is "iju" again o? Abeg come edumicate me make I learn new grammar. I no want make queen Elizabeth of nairaland come call me Loki. My self esteem go plummet.  grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 2:59pm On Apr 06, 2010
I wonder how educated Michael Jackson was. Harvard phd at least grin
Marvin Gaye was from Beverly hill 90210. Got a Ferrari for his 16th birthday. shocked
These people just dey yarn dust.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2010
krayola wat are u on abt

im askin a question here??

here i was thinkin someone was gna mention those that actually did go to harvard! o well!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2010
ohhhhhh poster appreciate what you have trust me, there are worst grin grin grin grin

what do you say about this? I really can not get over it, someone need to put some sense in this dude head, this
is not the career path for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl_5FOVs2Hk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJbJs-9ST0
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2010
^^ i cant see it??
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 3:52pm On Apr 06, 2010
ayettymama:

krayola wat are u on abt

im askin a question here??

here i was thinkin someone was gna mention those that actually did go to harvard! o well!

I'm on about this nonsense high horse u, and some other posters, are sittin on, trying to paint people as "beneath you" because u don't like their music. It's absolutely retarded IMO.

It's kinda pathetic u actually are convinced that throwing around names of classical composers and Ivy league institutions may suggest to people that u are refined. WTF does harvard have to do with being a good musician? First it was Michael Jackson, then it was about lyrics, now about socio-economic status and where u went to school.

your argument can't stand on it's own merit. It's bull$hit and I can smell it from thousands of miles away.

Where did Orlando owoh go to school? Which car did his daddy drive? Sunny ade nko? U do know that burying one's head inside cosmo does not necessarily improve one's iq, right?  grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2010
ayettymama, try again.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2010
krayola im gna *ignore* u from now on
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 3:58pm On Apr 06, 2010
loooooooooooool

OMG roki have u heard of namata

looooooooooooooooooool

treasure in u?? the scariest music video ive eva come across!!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2010
ayettymama:

krayola im gna *ignore* u from now on

cry cry oya sorry nah. U know Jesus won't approve of u ignoring me. Oya come let's hug and be friends. grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2010
ayettymama:

loooooooooooool

OMG roki have u heard of namata

looooooooooooooooooool

treasure in u?? the scariest music video ive eva come across!!

A friend of mine suggest that nightmare to me two days ago, and I can not get over it I swear to God grin

btw who is Namata?
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2010
this is the BEST video in music history!!!

[flash=425,335]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yomQw30-To&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Zann: 4:59pm On Apr 06, 2010
easy here just a bit cos the quality of music has declined all over the world.

maybe if more cultures would look inside themselves for art and creativity then the quality would get better.

take 9ja hip hop for an example: maybe try not to get so enwrapped in sounding like hip hop from the american stand point and try to just incorp hip hop as a small base then lay the 9ja culture over it keep it as 9j as possible with a hip hop trace.

wande coal /d' banj and their porducers are pretty good at this.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by A40(m): 5:10pm On Apr 06, 2010
People can be funny sometimes! Someone titled a song 'Free Madness' and you expect the song to be a lyrical masterpiece, e be like say una don mad pass Terry G sef besides the stuff happening in Naij is enuff to drive anyone postal!

I do have one problem with Terry G. Lol what the phuck is that on his head?
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by eldee(m): 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2010
A-40:

People can be funny sometimes! [b]Someone titled a song 'Free Madness' and you expect the song to be a lyrical masterpiece, e be like say una don mad pass Terry G sef [/b]besides the stuff happening in Naij is enuff to drive anyone postal!

HEART ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by Krayola(m): 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2010
Haha. A-40 don mad o  grin I read some comments on this thread and Im grateful most people aren't as superficial as the posters. Because person no blow grammar him no fit get sense abi? Because him no go school him no fit entertain people? Because he be "Loki" make him no chase him dream again? What a jagbajantical balderdash. 

Infact if your father does not have three beemers u can't contribute to the mixtape. Abeg,  Music is only for the "Behind".  embarassed
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by A40(m): 5:58pm On Apr 06, 2010
I tire for the matter oh. People have their different tastes i am a Jigga fan i listen to Nas,X to tha Z, Snoop, Busta, Jeezy, Bun B, Black Thought, DMX, The Game, BTNH, Outkast, Wyclef, K-Naan, Red & Meth, EM (back in the day) amongst other rappers but i am also eclectic enough to bump some Sizzla Kalange,Mavado,Vybz,Elephant Man and Damian Marley and when i want to go all soulful on you Donnell Jones,Babyface,Simon Webbe e.t.c are the peeps i call never mind rock bands like RHCP, No Doubt, Linkin and their baba Coldplay now that doesn't mean i would sit and call Naija music retarded! Maybe we are not there yet but we are getting there! Go to Insomnia,K's Place,Volar and most of the other clubs around its mostly Naija songs they bump i think Naija music has grown to a point where we can support it we are waiting for the movies to step up their standard

@Krayola
I like Terry G's hustle mehn that guy is a hardworking muthaphocka when he came out initially he was forming fresh boy when he switched his style up he got more popular! Ironically Free Madness is arguably his biggest hit which means mad people are in the majority so why would he need to bend over backwards for the few sane people who wont even buy his $hit. If Lady Gaga sang Free Madness they would say she's inventing a new style and pushing creativity to the limits but since its Terry G its rubbish
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2010
lady gaga does tend to have alot of hidden meaning tho-

in kanye's words; thats nas level shit

o actually that was in defence to soulja boi

whom to many didnt make sense but said alot of dirty shit in his songz

dirty little perv! tongue tongue
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by chic2pimp(m): 6:31pm On Apr 06, 2010
ayettymama:

lady gaga does tend to have alot of hidden meaning tho-
No it doesn't.
Krayola:

kolomentality at its "brilliant" best. Why don't u go to the "lokis" and teach them refinement. Kinda like your uncle whitey taught your savage a$$ how to be "sophisticated".

Madame, Imo u got a third rate education. The ignorance in your post fit wound person.
No mind am jare.
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by ayettymama(f): 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2010
chic2pimp:

No it doesn't.

yea it does!
Re: I Am Ashamed Of Naija Retarded Music by cindy200(f): 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2010
@poster
Naija has some very good musicians and so generalizing isnt ryt but i agree though that there are some songs that dont even qualify to be heard.
@ayettymama,
i agree with A-40,d title's FREE MADNESS right?so nobody expects it to have some kick-ass lyrics.

Finally it all boils down to the genre of music u love and then u pick out d best among them and just listen. if u listen to a song and u dnt lyk it then dnt listen again,throw it out and stop complaining.nigerians are rilly trying with ppl lyk banky w, m.i, omawumi, GT da guitarman, lami, jesse jags, timi dakolo and a lot of others,music is sure gettin beta.
But please nobody should say MUSIC died with mj,cos dats wrong. I love mj but No Offence if we are to judge by his lyrics,were dey really dat outstanding undecided its just songs lyk heal the world,we are the world and a few of others dat d lyrics are ok. I feel its just his performance back then and the fact that nobody could really do all he does in his songs lyk d dance that made him stand out. The guy is a legend as in I really love his songs but then,i just think he actually brought POP MUSIC most especially to life. Times av changed and i guess its all wit time we will know.
Also,d fact that a song is nominated at d grammys dont even make it good enuf 4 me 2 listen 2 it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Were Can I Download Free (all)yanni Tracks / Ice Prince - Fire Of Zamani! - Album Review / When Is The Right Time To Start Playing Christmas Music?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.