Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,810 members, 7,834,716 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. (7048 Views)

I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? / I Want To Change My Surname To My Mother's Name. Pls Help!! / Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by Dremca(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
Muafrika2:

Laurence is derived from the name of a tree. I don't see how different it is from an animal's name.

Why don't you just call yourself a king?
Lol. Funny indeed.

1 Like

Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by cunny88(m): 11:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
Mr oga gates is d name of the world richest man. Wot is in a name, just identification
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by Dremca(m): 10:01am On Dec 25, 2017
cunny88:
Mr oga gates is d name of the world richest man. Wot is in a name, just identification
The name Gate must have paved way for him to be one of the richest man in the world. A Gate is an access point to a destination, so the name gave him access to his destiny.
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by Dremca(m): 5:33pm On Jun 22, 2018
Hello all, I need you guys response to this important question sequel to this post https://www.nairaland.com/4577097/whats-thought-changing-surname-nweke
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by DeeMain(m): 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2018
Dremca:
If you read my writeup very well, I said Nweke means "Nwoke amuri ubochi eke" meaning "A boy born on the eke market day" while literaly (syllabically) it means son of a python. So one is direct meaning while the other is literary meaning. I will appreciate if you can educate me more about the name "Nweke:" origin, deeper meaning and any other information about the name. I look forward to your response sir.

No man born of Igbo blood will interprete Nweke as son of python. Your imagination is playing tricks on you. The literal meaning is still child born on Eke day. It's like saying that Nwafor means child of stomach because afor (market day) sounds like afo(stomach).

Secondly, Azuka is actually Azukaego it means those backing me, my backers or those standing behind me (family/children/friends/supporters/defenders) are stronger/greater than money. Azu in this case symbolizes those backing me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by Dremca(m): 9:49pm On Jun 22, 2018
DeeMain:

No man born of Igbo blood will interprete Nweke as son of python. Your imagination is playing tricks on you. The literal meaning is still child born on Eke day. It's like saying that Nwafor means child of stomach because afor (market day) sounds like afo(stomach).

Secondly, Azuka is actually Azukaego it means those backing me, my backers or those standing behind me (family/children/friends/supporters/defenders) are stronger/greater than money. Azu in this case symbolizes those backing me.
Thanks for your contribution. What's your thought about changing my surname from "Nweke" to "Ekeh"
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by DeeMain(m): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
Repeated
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by DeeMain(m): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
Dremca:
Thanks for your contribution. What's your thought about changing my surname from "Nweke" to "Ekeh"

You said that you want a good name that holds a special meaning for you and your children, right? My question will be does Ekeh hold that special meaning for you?
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by Dremca(m): 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2018
I believe so. Do you have any contrary view, I will so much appreciate
DeeMain:

You said that you want a good name that holds a special meaning for you and your children, right? My question will be does Ekeh hold that special meaning for you?
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by DeeMain(m): 10:23pm On Jun 22, 2018
Dremca:
I believe so. Do you have any contrary view, I will so much appreciate

How so? What does Ekeh mean to you and why do you like it?
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by Dremca(m): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2018
New Creation or Reborn
DeeMain:

How so? What does Ekeh mean to you and why do you like it?
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by DeeMain(m): 11:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
Dremca:
New Creation or Reborn

Ekeh in ancient times is likely a deity that creates. This meaning is preserved in Chineke, the God that creates. I hope others can contribute to this too. Perhaps, there are other meanings I'm not yet privy to.

So how did you get New creation or reborn?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by Dremca(m): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hello, What does Ekemezie mean. I may consider it if it carries a good meaning
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by bigfrancis21: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2018
Dremca:
Hello, What does Ekemezie mean. I may consider it if it carries a good meaning

Eke refers to the creator (God)

Eke mezie means, may the creator bring to pass or accomplish.

It is usually a short form and the spoken long form is,

Ka ChinEKE mezie okwu = May God accomplish 'his' words.

1 Like

Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by bigfrancis21: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2018

1 Like

Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by CassieV(f): 7:03am On Aug 17, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Eke refers to the creator (God)

Eke mezie means, may the creator bring to pass or accomplish.

It is usually a short form and the spoken long form is,

Ka ChinEKE mezie okwu = May God accomplish 'his' words.
Eke means God? I didn't know that. What does Ekechukwu mean?
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by bigfrancis21: 7:16am On Aug 17, 2018
CassieV:

Eke means God? I didn't know that. What does Ekechukwu mean?

Eke means 'the creator'. I put 'God' in parenthesis because for most religious people, 'the creator' loosely translates to God.

Eke kere uwa...creator of the universe.

Ekechukwu...God's creation. Eke in this sense means 'creation'. One word but with several meanings, depending on the usage.

1 Like

Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by CassieV(f): 8:37am On Aug 17, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Eke means 'the creator'. I put 'God' in parenthesis because for most religious people, 'the creator' loosely translates to God.

Ekechukwu...God's creation. Eke in this sense means 'creation'. One word but with several meanings, depending on the usage.
Okay thanks for the clarification..

1 Like

Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by Ishilove: 9:35am On Aug 17, 2018
bigfrancis21:

I thought i saw 'akwara'. Phew embarassed grin
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by elmagnifico411(m): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2018
Uncle, u can go ahead and change the name. Just make sure u do everything necessary u need to do while changing it. If a name doesn't have a good meaning, I see no reason for keeping such name. A neighbour's surname was once 'Sangosanya' (god of thunder), he later changed it to 'Oluwasanya' when he got born again. Just imagine, our grand fathers with the traditional settings they got themselves in, now they're no more and the effects still lingering on.

Sometimes, change of name leads to change of destiny, u might wanna consider jabez's case. My. 2cent
Re: Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 17, 2021
Pierohandsome:

I am evn planning to change my surname to my personal name

Hahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He Wants More S*x But Nearly Killed Me For Getting Pregnant For Our 2nd Child. / Who Decides What Food To Eat In Your Family? / Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.