Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2073156 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by knowledgeable: 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
AmericanQuarter:

Not exactly correct. The implementation is being done regionally. In this case Anambra is hosting the one of the southeast. It is a national tax implementation framework. It is not peculiar to just one region. If you noticed from the report, it was the DG of FIRS that came from Abuja to flag of the one of the southeast off in Awka. He will proceed to other regions from here.

Our people are stubbornly ignorant and we are paying for it gravely.

There is no taxation in Islam in most part but sukus.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 6:45am On Nov 11, 2019
ON THE NEWS:
CHIEF DR GEORGE MOGHALU ON WORKING VISIT TO NIWA OFFICE IN ONITSHA

...Promises to make Onitsha Inland Port functional.

The Group Managing Director and CEO of Nigeria Inland Waterways Authority, Chief Dr George Moghalu (Ohamadike) has commenced Working Visit to All the Facilities Nigeria Inland Waterways Authority all over the Country in a bid to have a first hand information of the Challenges facing NIWA and efforts that neede to out in place n order to make the Government Agency live up to its responsibility and obligation to Nigerian People and The Government of the Country.

The Managing Director (MD) of National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), Chief Dr George Moghalu stated this while delivering his speech at NIWA Zonal Office at Bridge Head Onitsha Anambra state while interacting with some Stakeholders.

Dr Moghalu noted that the overall policy objectives of NIWA is transforming the Inland Waterways to make them not just economically viable but also to provide a safe, reliable and alternate land transport system to ease the problem of road transportation and movement of goods across the country.

He pointed out those above mentioned task makes the Agency and important and strategic one, placing on our a huge responsibility from which so much is expected.

“Inland Waterways system is a critical component of the national freight system, particularly for movement of bulk commodities. In view of the growing transportation needs particularly in moving bulk commodities, our country dearly needs diversification and development of its critical infrastructures in the area of Waterways transportation,”.

The GMD and his Team paid Royal Courtesy Visit to His Royal Majesty, Igwe Alfred Nnamemeka Achebe,Obi of Onitsha (Agbogidi) at His Residence.
During the Visit, Dr Moghalu said waterways also have the capacity to generate millions of jobs and open up communities along the waterways across the country. He promised to do all that is within his Power to make Onitsha Inland Port functional. He regretted that Since Inland Port was completed in 2012 and commissioned in 2013,all the facilities there have been a wasting like that.

His Royal Majesty,Igwe Alfred Achebe thanked The Group Managing Director and His Team for the Visit. He promised to be of help anything and Anyday. On the entourage with The Group Managing Director of NIWA were Chief Sir Basil Ejidike, Acting State Chairman of APC, Hon Izuchukwu Okeke,Zonal Chairma of APC Anambra South, Dozie Ikedife Jnr, Many Local Government Chairmen of the Party and other Party Chieftains.

The Group Managing Director later paid courtesy visit to The Management of Julius Berger Construction Comoany,who were in charge of the construction of 2nd Niger Bridge.

Chief Dr George Moghalu later visited all the facilities of NIWA at Marine by Prisons,Lake Filling Stations by Main Market, Odekpe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Armon: 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
Well.....this issue about our Onitsha port has been flogged over to no avail.....All I have to do is to watch out and see without expectations.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
Anambra products are so many that you get to know about them in big shops across Nigeria. My sister saw these products today in one of the big shops in Port Harcourt. She sent it to me via WhatsApp, asking if I knew about this Whippy Mayonnaise and Ijele Tea, both are being produced in Anambra. So much is being produced in Anambra. GOD continue to bless Anambra

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
AuntLaVIV:
Anambra products are so many that you get to know about them in big shops across Nigeria. My sister saw these products today in one of the big shops in Port Harcourt. She sent it to me via WhatsApp, asking if I knew about this Whippy Mayonnaise and Ijele Tea, both are being produced in Anambra. So much is being produced in Anambra. GOD continue to bless Anambra
Anambra is home of indigenous producers unlike West where the products are manufactured by Indians, Chinese etc

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
Great state

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
SNF NIGERIA LIMITED is also the manufacturer of Activa pure vegetable oil

Plot 51A, Harbour Industrial Estate, Pokobros Avenue, Off Atani Road, Iyiowa Odekpe, Ogbaru Local Govt. Area, Anambra State.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
M

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ijele

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney: 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
I hope they are all paying tax

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 9:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
I can say that one thing is certain: Ndigbo are quietly preparing themselves for the post oil economy. They are capturing the manufacturing, retail, transport and food processing sector.

Now they are also engaging with large scale agriculture.

When the rest wake up and there is no more oil money to share, it will be too late.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 11:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
horsepower101:
I can say that one thing is certain: Ndigbo are quietly preparing themselves for the post oil economy. They are capturing the manufacturing, retail, transport and food processing sector.

Now they are also engaging with large scale agriculture.

When the rest wake up and there is no more oil money to share, it will be too late.

And hope they are doing all these in the Igbo regions because I will not pity any Igbo person who loses his/her factory or multimillion naira investment in another man's land.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 1:51am On Nov 12, 2019
Unbiased1:

And hope they are doing all these in the Igbo regions because I will not pity any Igbo person who loses his/her factory or multimillion naira investment in another man's land.

Unfortunately this is where the problem comes in.
There are still lots of igbos that are blindly investing and building factories outside the East.

Although to be honest, IPOB rise and the emergence of the “ Aku Lou uno”mentality is beginning to force some to rethink their footsteps.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by nwabobo: 3:59am On Nov 12, 2019
ANSMEDIA:

6 billion was appropriated to the project in the 2020 budget. So expect to see pictorial updates soon

Audio appropriation
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 6:23am On Nov 12, 2019
Unicorn Spices Industries Limited produces lifemate spices it's located in 19/6b, Central Avenue, Housesing Onitsha

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 8:36am On Nov 12, 2019
Anambralstson:
Unicorn Spices Industries Limited produces Highmate spices it's located in 19/6b, Central Avenue, Housesing Onitsha

Wow
So all these ones are also made in Anambra? I thought we had only Tiger foods that produces spices.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
Anambra Trade Fair, 2019

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 5:26am On Nov 13, 2019
H.R.M Igwe Peter Nwokike Anugwu JP OFR (Eze Ka Eze, Igwe Ka Igwe, Igwe Amosu), the traditional ruler of Mbaukwu kingdom in Awka south local government area of Anambra State.
He held the position of Chairman at Orient Petroleum Ltd and Chairman of Julius Berger Services Nigeria Ltd. He's also on the board of Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, International Breweries Plc, The World Conference of Mayors, Inc. and Interfact Beverages Ltd and Member of Anambra State Elders Council and Member of Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council.

Photo taken 10/25/2019 at the palace of Eze Ojoto III, during the burial ceremony of Late Chief Philomena Egochukwu Mbamalụ (LSM).

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambralstson: 5:31am On Nov 13, 2019
Two Anambarians Ernest Azudialu and H.R.M Igwe Peter Nwokike Anugwu are the only Igbos in Julius Berger board

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
Anambralstson:
Unicorn Spices Industries Limited produces Highmate spices it's located in 19/6b, Central Avenue, Housesing Onitsha

Orange Drugs used to produce in Lagos until they completed their world class facility and office complex at Harbour Industrial Layout Onitsha. Today, Delta soap by Orange Drugs is being produced 100% in Onitsha and distributed to all parts of Nigeria and beyond.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2019
AmericanQuarter:

Orange Drugs used to produce in Lagos until the completed its world class facility at Harbour Industrial Layout Onitsha. Today Delta soap by Orange Drugs is being produced 100% in Onitsha and distributed to all parts of Nigeria and beyond.
This is the story we want to hear for all industries owned by our people.
THINK HOME, INVEST HOME.

9 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
AmericanQuarter:

Orange Drugs used to produce in Lagos until they completed their world class facility and office complex at Harbour Industrial Layout Onitsha. Today Delta soap by Orange Drugs is being produced 100% in Onitsha and distributed to all parts of Nigeria and beyond.

This is a very impressive. This is the line sensible igbos need to tow

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Unbiased1: 12:02am On Nov 14, 2019
Anambralstson:
H.R.M Igwe Peter Nwokike Anugwu JP OFR (Eze Ka Eze, Igwe Ka Igwe, Igwe Amosu), the traditional ruler of Mbaukwu kingdom in Awka south local government area of Anambra State.
He held the position of Chairman at Orient Petroleum Ltd and Chairman of Julius Berger Services Nigeria Ltd. He's also on the board of Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, International Breweries Plc, The World Conference of Mayors, Inc. and Interfact Beverages Ltd and Member of Anambra State Elders Council and Member of Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council.

Photo taken 10/25/2019 at the palace of Eze Ojoto III, during the burial ceremony of Late Chief Philomena Egochukwu Mbamalụ (LSM).

Is orient petroleum still working?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ifyboy60(m): 12:57am On Nov 14, 2019
horsepower101:

Unfortunately this is where the problem comes in.
There are still lots of igbos that are blindly investing and building factories outside the East.

Although to be honest, IPOB rise and the emergence of the “ Aku Lou uno”mentality is beginning to force some to rethink their footsteps.

pls stop mentioning IPOB, when talking of Igbo progress. those guys have done more harm than good.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by horsepower101: 2:52am On Nov 14, 2019
ifyboy60:

pls stop mentioning IPOB, when talking of Igbo progress. those guys have done more harm than good.

List the harms IPOB has caused.

You think it’s IPOB that is stoping them from giving you presidency for the past 50 years?

IPOB made them marginalize us in in various critical developmental infrastructures for the past 50 years?

IPOB made them kill igbos in so many riots since the civil war ended?

What exactly is the damage IPOB did?

Nigeria has always hated and marginalized you even before MASSOB or IPOB came to existence.

Stop blaming those fighting the good fight.

I have my strong criticisms for IPOB and I have made them here before but I understand what their intentions is which is very noble.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 3:40am On Nov 14, 2019
horsepower101:

List the harms IPOB has caused.

You think it’s IPOB that is stoping them from giving you presidency for the past 50 years?

IPOB made them marginalize us in in various critical developmental infrastructures for the past 50 years?

IPOB made them kill igbos in so many riots since the civil war ended?

What exactly is the damage IPOB did?

Nigeria has always hated and marginalized you even before MASSOB or IPOB came to existence.

Stop blaming those fighting the good fight.

I have my strong criticisms for IPOB and I have made them here before but I understand what their intentions is which is very noble.

If that guy you quoted actually is Igbo, then he must be all these Lagos/Abuja brought ups that are not in tune with the struggles and emotions of their people back home!

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Area4Area: 5:06am On Nov 14, 2019
Unbiased1:

Wow
So all these ones are also made in Anambra? I thought we had only Tiger foods that produces spices.
I'm so shocked too and all located in Onitsha for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 8:02am On Nov 14, 2019
3rd Anambra Business Roundtable Holds November 25, 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by kettykin: 8:42am On Nov 14, 2019
Very impressive move towards industrialisation, but can their be an industrial revolution in the east without an electric power revolution or renewable energy revolution?

Anambrarians should work towards having its own off grid system for onitsha and awka

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2019
kettykin:
Very impressive move towards industrialisation, but can their be an industrial revolution in the east without an electric power revolution or renewable energy revolution?

Anambrarians should work towards having its own off grid system for onitsha and awka

Anambra State Government should develop targeted Commercial and Industrial districts with first class infrastructure:

1) 24 hour electricity
2) Water and Sewage System
3) Building Per Building Waste Collection
4) Underground Drainage
5) Street Lighting and Traffic Signals
6) Pedestrian-friendly with walkways
7) Parking Garages or Metered Parking
cool Security Officials
7) Zoning regulations

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by VicThory(m): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
mktinsight:

Anambra State Government should develop targeted Commercial and Industrial districts with first class infrastructure:

1) 24 hour electricity
2) Water and Sewage System
3) Building Per Building Waste Collection
4) Underground Drainage
5) Street Lighting and Traffic Signals
6) Pedestrian-friendly with walkways
7) Parking Garages or Metered Parking
cool Security Officials
7) Zoning regulations

So on point and other sector like the market trading (it too noisy and old-fashion), waste management controls and agriculture(which is not about rice alone there are other field like horticulture, apiculture-bee farming, livestock). Also building control (i gates seen several videos of incompleted building collapsing which is not good), sports for the youth (Amaju Pinnick complained that SE don't have standard sporting facilities i.e football) and other sports like golf, tennis, swimming, rugby and so on.

At least the education sector is doing well, my friend from UNN visited UniZIK told me that he prefered ours to his.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by VicThory(m): 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
M

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.