Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2396462 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
Here are a few pics i found of Imo state and some completed/on-going projects; i'd like to see (recent) pics/videos of roads, schools and hospitals being constructed or completed, so if anyone has any to show they're welcome to post them as well:

1st pic is one of Rochas new schools in Owerri;

2nd is of the new commissioners quarters in Owerri.

204 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
Concorde Hotel annex (i think undecided):

196 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
More of the commissioners quarters:

199 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ojukwu convention centre:

197 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
Another view of the convention centre:

200 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
Nice pics...Rochas has done well in his short tenure as governor. I wish i could go to Owerrir and take pictures for myself.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
New gov't house Owerri:

204 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
Another view of gov't house:

197 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
Rochas hanging out with students in gov't house, and posing for a photo op' grin:

215 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
hehe this thread go reach 8 pages. grin on a more serious note i do not think these(apart from maybe the school) are what the average man wants to see.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
One of the rooms in the newly refurbished hotel annex:

196 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
asha 80: hehe this thread go reach 8 pages. grin on a more serious note i do not think these(apart from maybe the school) are what the average man wants to see.
The Ojukwu convention center is an institution aimed at promoting Igbo landuage and culture and i think it's very important.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
A new cultural centre being built in Owerri:

197 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
The Ojukwu convention center is an institution aimed at promoting Igbo landuage and culture and i think it's very important.

^^^Afam, i think you're refering to the last pic i posted....not sure though where the 'Igbo language centre' is actually located; could be either of the two places.

196 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2012

198 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Afam, i think you're refering to the last pic i posted....not sure though where the 'Igbo language centre' is actually located; could be either of the two places.
I'm referring to the Ojukwu center. It's for Igbo research and stuff...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
New scientists college being constructed:

194 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
Another pic of the new model school being constructed:

199 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
The Oguta lake hotel:

196 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Another pic of the new model school being constructed:

is this one different from the earlier one you posted?i know that the one in township school is almost completed.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:45pm On Sep 21, 2012
More of the lake....check out all the virgin land just screaming for investors in leisure and hotel management smiley:

208 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
One of the rooms in the newly refurbished Oguta lake hotel:

194 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
Outside view of the newly refurbished Concorde hotel annex...this building was once abandoned and a den for criminals and home to reptiles:

200 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
asha 80:

is this one different from the earlier one you posted?i know that the one in township school is almost completed.

^^^It's the same school...i think both pics may have been taken at different times if they show different levels of completion.

194 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
More of the lake....check out all the virgin land just screaming for investors in leisure and hotel management smiley:

They should leave the land o. It's beautiful. Are there any kind of protection laws or measures in states or federally? I have no clue. Not everything should be built upon. It would be nice to have protected sites to visit.

I wish that hotel wasn't bright blue lol.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by FSU: 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

This is paradise

Three of five Igbo states are working.
I hope Abia and Ebonyi will wake up soon.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
This is beautiful. Owerri has alot of potential. Its a city that will be both industrialised and beautiful.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ACM10: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Rochas hanging out with students in gov't house, and posing for a photo op' grin:

grin grin grin grin grin
dis Rochas got talent in comedy

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ACM10: 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2012
centje: This is beautiful. Owerri has alot of potential. Its a city that will be both industrialised and beautiful.

Yes, Owerri is beautiful. But lacks link roads. Passengers are bogged down with stubborn traffic everyday on a single road. The city is not planned. I love its green scenary by the way.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
ACM10:

grin grin grin grin grin
dis Rochas got talent in comedy

^^^You're right you know...that pic cracks me up anytime i look at it.

One thing i like about him is that he doesn't take himself too seriously....he's not so uptight with a chip on his shoulder like most 'your excellencies' are.

195 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
ACM10:

Yes, Owerri is beautiful. But lacks link roads. Passengers are bogged down with stubborn traffic everyday on a single road. The city is not planned. I love its green scenary by the way.

^^^The city is planned, but the problem is that it hasn't seen much investment/upgrade in its infrastructure to cope with the increased population.....like flyovers for instance.

194 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ejine(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
ACM10:

I know right? The original masterplan was designed as a low-density city, similar to Atlanta. And just like Atlanta, this has led to an unbelievably large sprawl... But unlike Atlanta, the roads are taking more traffic than they should.
I think a railway system should be 'explored' for a place like Owerri.
I chose to use the word "explored" because I sabi say railway costs no be beans. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)