Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2396462 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
Here are a few pics i found of Imo state and some completed/on-going projects; i'd like to see (recent) pics/videos of roads, schools and hospitals being constructed or completed, so if anyone has any to show they're welcome to post them as well:

1st pic is one of Rochas new schools in Owerri;

2nd is of the new commissioners quarters in Owerri.

204 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
Concorde Hotel annex (i think undecided):

196 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
More of the commissioners quarters:

199 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ojukwu convention centre:

197 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
Another view of the convention centre:

200 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
Nice pics...Rochas has done well in his short tenure as governor. I wish i could go to Owerrir and take pictures for myself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
New gov't house Owerri:

204 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
Another view of gov't house:

197 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
Rochas hanging out with students in gov't house, and posing for a photo op' grin:

215 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
hehe this thread go reach 8 pages. grin on a more serious note i do not think these(apart from maybe the school) are what the average man wants to see.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
One of the rooms in the newly refurbished hotel annex:

196 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
asha 80: hehe this thread go reach 8 pages. grin on a more serious note i do not think these(apart from maybe the school) are what the average man wants to see.
The Ojukwu convention center is an institution aimed at promoting Igbo landuage and culture and i think it's very important.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
A new cultural centre being built in Owerri:

197 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
The Ojukwu convention center is an institution aimed at promoting Igbo landuage and culture and i think it's very important.

^^^Afam, i think you're refering to the last pic i posted....not sure though where the 'Igbo language centre' is actually located; could be either of the two places.

196 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2012

198 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Afam, i think you're refering to the last pic i posted....not sure though where the 'Igbo language centre' is actually located; could be either of the two places.
I'm referring to the Ojukwu center. It's for Igbo research and stuff...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2012
New scientists college being constructed:

194 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
Another pic of the new model school being constructed:

199 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
The Oguta lake hotel:

196 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Another pic of the new model school being constructed:

is this one different from the earlier one you posted?i know that the one in township school is almost completed.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:45pm On Sep 21, 2012
More of the lake....check out all the virgin land just screaming for investors in leisure and hotel management smiley:

208 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
One of the rooms in the newly refurbished Oguta lake hotel:

194 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2012
Outside view of the newly refurbished Concorde hotel annex...this building was once abandoned and a den for criminals and home to reptiles:

200 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
asha 80:

is this one different from the earlier one you posted?i know that the one in township school is almost completed.

^^^It's the same school...i think both pics may have been taken at different times if they show different levels of completion.

194 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
More of the lake....check out all the virgin land just screaming for investors in leisure and hotel management smiley:

They should leave the land o. It's beautiful. Are there any kind of protection laws or measures in states or federally? I have no clue. Not everything should be built upon. It would be nice to have protected sites to visit.

I wish that hotel wasn't bright blue lol.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by FSU: 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

This is paradise

Three of five Igbo states are working.
I hope Abia and Ebonyi will wake up soon.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2012
This is beautiful. Owerri has alot of potential. Its a city that will be both industrialised and beautiful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ACM10: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Rochas hanging out with students in gov't house, and posing for a photo op' grin:

grin grin grin grin grin
dis Rochas got talent in comedy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ACM10: 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2012
centje: This is beautiful. Owerri has alot of potential. Its a city that will be both industrialised and beautiful.

Yes, Owerri is beautiful. But lacks link roads. Passengers are bogged down with stubborn traffic everyday on a single road. The city is not planned. I love its green scenary by the way.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2012
ACM10:

grin grin grin grin grin
dis Rochas got talent in comedy

^^^You're right you know...that pic cracks me up anytime i look at it.

One thing i like about him is that he doesn't take himself too seriously....he's not so uptight with a chip on his shoulder like most 'your excellencies' are.

195 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
ACM10:

Yes, Owerri is beautiful. But lacks link roads. Passengers are bogged down with stubborn traffic everyday on a single road. The city is not planned. I love its green scenary by the way.

^^^The city is planned, but the problem is that it hasn't seen much investment/upgrade in its infrastructure to cope with the increased population.....like flyovers for instance.

194 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ejine(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
ACM10:

I know right? The original masterplan was designed as a low-density city, similar to Atlanta. And just like Atlanta, this has led to an unbelievably large sprawl... But unlike Atlanta, the roads are taking more traffic than they should.
I think a railway system should be 'explored' for a place like Owerri.
I chose to use the word "explored" because I sabi say railway costs no be beans. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.