Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,376 members, 7,853,674 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:24 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2107497 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (1323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
I like Obiano, but Umahi is the best in the East when you consider their revenue profile and what he met in Ebonyi when he took over!. If Umahi is The Anambra state governor, All the 4 Major roads in each of the 3 major cities of Anambra state like Onitsha,Awka & Nnewi would have been DUALIZED or even expanded!.Onitsha Owerri road would not be left to the federal govt up till now which have distroyed many lives and businesses in Anambra state. 8 World class flyovers would have been completed and another 6 ongoing!. ICC Conference Centre would have been completed in Awka and another one ongoing in Onitsha.How about The 5 Star Hotel that remained uncompleted for 7 years Now?.
How about Awka and Nnewi Shopping Mall?... Do you think he would have left them like that?.
Take it or leave it, Umahi loves his State and will always give it the best in everything. This is not same with other governors in the East. Udo dili unu!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

May be if you had taken time to read the post I quoted. Then you might have understood how Ogun state entered the discussion. What goes on in Yoruba states do not bother me, but when you come to an Igbo thread to throw shade with ethnic bias then you get your due reply.

I am not an Obiano apologist. But even if he has not transformed Anambra to Eldorado, he has made giant strides and most importantly had not allowed the state to decay. There are enough statistics to prove that he has not been sleeping on duty. Nigeria have been on economic down slope for the greater part of his administration yet the state keep on performing wonders in all the economic indices of development. I will score him 70/100 in good governance. The remaining 30% I will keep because of some areas where he performed below par.

I love the saving habit of Obi, but I also love the futuristic capital projects like Airport and others. All are investment into the future of Ndi Anambra. Each government will definitely choose an approach. Obiano has not put us in trouble. He is yet to mortgage the state through rising debt like his counterparts all over the nation are doing. He might not be as astute as Obi but he has kept our fiscal balance in green so that we will have enough money to develop Anambra state. His successor will not have to battle reduced FAAC allocation due to loan repayment.

Pension, Salary and gratuity are been paid regularly, there is relative security in Anambra, education sector is not suffering, health sector is receiving attention. I don't want to talk about the agricultural revolution under him.

We all look out for different things in governance. Right now he tick a lot of boxes for me and has my approval.

Very well layered post. I hope you guys will post here more often and leave Yoruba people with their backwardness. Yes , I lived in Lagos for over 10yrs and speak Yoruba and I know their habits and attitude towards the Igbo.

Obiano , now , came with a lot of promises and hope to transform Anambra beyond recognition but where are we today ? Obiano landed on a golden platform with enough funds accruing in 100 of billions available to him which Obi saved for the children on Anambra. Then came the squabbles with Obi and his camp and out of pride and at the expense of Ndi Anambra Obiano abandoned the funds just to show he doesnt need handouts from Obi. Do you know what Anambra can achieve with 100 billion ?

Of course , I will not sit here and say Obiano is a total failure but he didnt live up to expectation. Awka , our darling state capital has not been transformed and there here not been cut down on recurrent expenditures. We need to cut down on these things and push more funds towards infrastructures. Obiano needs to lead by example and cut down his salary and senseless bonuses-thats where most of our developments funds go to. He lives like a danm king while our people wallow in abject poverty. Its painful for me.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
investnow2013:
I like Obiano, but Umahi is the best in the East when you consider their revenue profile and what he met in Ebonyi when he took over!. If Umahi is The Anambra state governor, All the 4 Major roads in each of the 3 major cities of Anambra state like Onitsha,Awka & Nnewi would have been DUALIZED or even expanded!.Onitsha Owerri road would not be left to the federal govt up till now which have distroyed many lives and businesses in Anambra state. 8 World class flyovers would have been completed and another 6 ongoing!. ICC Conference Centre would have been completed in Awka and another one ongoing in Onitsha.How about The 5 Star Hotel that remained uncompleted for 7 years Now?.
How about Awka and Nnewi Shopping Mall?... Do you think he would have left them like that?.
Take it or leave it, Umahi loves his State and will always give it the best in everything. This is not same with other governors in the East. Udo dili unu!!!

Obiano is very wasteful and if care is not taken with the speed Ebonyi is taking they can easily overtake Anambra in 10 years and I dont want to play second fiddle to Ebonyi. It will be humiliating to say the least. By the way, we haven't seen our monthly igr-he is keeping it a secret...smh

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2020
Osagyefo98:

The name will not be anambra international airport.

Someone must be named after it.
It is either ekwueme or ojukwu.

Thats ok but I dont want that airport to bear Obiano's name.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
post=94342807:

You don't expect all to agree with you, some of our brothers are in opposition parties

Nwanne , you of all people should know I dont play partisan politics. I am the true Omanbala first son grin grin grin
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
investnow2013:
I hope you know it cost Anambra more for projects than Ebonyi state, stones use in roads and other projects comes from Ebonyi state, you guys need to put that into consideration, Ebonyi total debt stock next year will surpass Anambra, Ebonyi took $80 million loan from Islamic Bank two months ago.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
I AM VERY PLEASED WITH WHAT IS GOING ON IN EBONYI STATE AS ONYE IGBO!... AS ONYE ANAMBRA, I WOULD HAVE EXPECT EVEN THESE IN MY STATE OR EVEN MORE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XVuH0wWf6Y

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2020
Umahi: THE New Dee Sam Mbakwe of Alaigbo!.
Passion, Quality and the love of his people joined together!!!!.Udo dili unu!

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
investnow2013:
Umahi: THE New Dee Sam Mbakwe of Alaigbo!.
Passion, Quality and the love of his people joined together!!!!.Udo dili unu!
Awka international conference center will be the best in southeast mark my words,you need to visit the site, and see the materials imported for the project and quality of the project

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
post=94344355:

I hope you know it cost Anambra more for projects than Ebonyi state, stones use in roads and other projects comes from Ebonyi state, you guys need to put that into consideration, Ebonyi total debt stock next year will surpass Anambra, Ebonyi took $80 million loan from Islamic Bank two months ago.
But that wouldn't stop Anambra state governor from having more and good quality projects if he really want to!!!.Anambra state gets twice more what Ebonyi state get internally.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SlayerForever: 9:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
investnow2013:

After writing all these you tell us how Ebonyi is doing economically.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2020
SlayerForever:

After writing all these you tell us how Ebonyi is doing economically.

wonderful!!!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAgbalajob: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
IDENNAA:

Very well layered post. I hope you guys will post here more often and leave Yoruba people with their backwardness. Yes , I lived in Lagos for over 10yrs and speak Yoruba and I know their habits and attitude towards the Igbo.

Obiano , now , came with a lot of promises and hope to transform Anambra beyond recognition but where are we today ? Obiano landed on a golden platform with enough funds accruing in 100 of billions available to him which Obi saved for the children on Anambra. Then came the squabbles with Obi and his camp and out of pride and at the expense of Ndi Anambra Obiano abandoned the funds just to show he doesnt need handouts from Obi. Do you know what Anambra can achieve with 100 billion ?

Of course , I will not sit here and say Obiano is a total failure but he didnt live up to expectation. Awka , our darling state capital has not been transformed and there here not been cut down on recurrent expenditures. We need to cut down on these things and push more funds towards infrastructures. Obiano needs to lead by example and cut down his salary and senseless bonuses-thats where most of our developments funds go to. He lives like a danm king while our people wallow in abject poverty. Its painful for me.

If OBiano completes these three things;

1. The International airport (At least to regularly operate daylight flights to & from Lagos and Abuja)
2. The International Conference Center
3. Awka Stadium

Based on these legacy projects, the three flyovers in Awka, the multiple roads, agricultural revolution, multiple bridges and security, it will be very difficult to find a Governor that will beat Obiano's records.

11 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by gariepinus: 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
If Obiano deliver the airport,, stadium and ICC..before his tenor.. I will not term him a failure....as long as his Government is doing well in some areas such as Health sector... Agriculture...Education sector....Human capital development...etc... So when the next Governor comes..he will focus on road infrastructure basically on dualizing of all the major roads in Anambra state ,,installation of Street light ... Beautifications.... Creation of parks...installation of more flyover's and pedestrian bridges where it's needed and finally planting of trees in all noock and crannies of our cities... The new Government must be serious with sanitation..constant Road sweeping to eliminate presence of sand on our roads...the new Government must introduce law that will guide waste disposal...

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks05: 10:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
post=94343592:
The place is very massive for the stadium and enough space for other sports facilities, they have casted four massive pillars for the stadium lights
This is nice.

Chief Willie Obiano International Airport Umueri

Sir Victor Umeh Stadium Awka

Professor Chukwuma Soludo International Conference Centre Awka.

Anambra is getting there.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
For me I will love it if Anambra bear the names it will be good.
Anambra International Airport Umueri
Anambra International Conference Center Awka or Awka International Conference Center Awka
Chief Willie Obiano International Stadium or Capital City International Stadium Awka or the stadium can be named after any notable people from Anambra like Ekwueme, Chinua Achebe,ojukwu

AsomughaChuks05:
This is nice.

Chief Willie Obiano International Airport Umueri

Sir Victor Umeh Stadium Awka

Professor Chukwuma Soludo International Conference Centre Awka.

Anambra is getting there.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by SlayerForever: 10:17pm On Sep 26, 2020
investnow2013:
wonderful!!!

Ebonyi is doing wonderfully, economically? Come again.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks05: 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
For me I will love it if Anambra bear the names it will be good.
Anambra International Airport Umueri
Anambra International Conference Center Awka or Awka International Conference Center Awka
Chief Willie Obiano International Stadium or Capital City International Stadium Awka or the stadium can be named after any notable people from Anambra like Ekwueme, Chinua Achebe,ojukwu

These names are already agreed upon. The state house of assembly will pass them into law before Obiano handover in 2022.

Dr Alex Ekwueme has already been immortalized in Anambra with the popular Ekwueme square in Awka.

Chinua Achebe will be immortalized when a new government house is built by the incoming government.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 27, 2020
Nepotism is what kills Obiano. If he awarded the contract to a proper company then we will see quality but if it's via his friend's and Aguleri brothers na another ICC we go get.

One thing about the site is that it is heavily waterlogged. You can dig 6 feet and get water. I would hope the contractor has made plans to divert water and to put other facilities there like basketball courts, volleyball sandpit, tennis courts, swimming pool and changing rooms.

IDENNAA:
The stadium looks nice. I hope parking lots and adequate access roads are being provided for the crowds that will throng the stadium to see matches. We all know Obiano has no sense of organization and order. The quality of his projects are nothing to cheer about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 27, 2020
Let's tell the truth. The contractor building the project is confused that is why 3 years after starting they are not even at 50% completion of the exterior.

I saw how fast the Chahourys built Eko Conference Center. Nigerias premier conference center. It took them 2 years. There is nothing special about a conference center exterior facade unless you use substandard companies like Obiano likes to do.

post=94344793:

Awka international conference center will be the best in southeast mark my words,you need to visit the site, and see the materials imported for the project and quality of the project

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 27, 2020
Obiano would have done better if he had just followed procedure and not surrounded himself with friends and kinsmen. Practically the only projects of excellence achieved was Agulu Lake Hotel and Onitsha Mall built by Chinese Companies and awarded under Obi.

The rest shows his failure in project conception, award and execution. Look at the mess IDC made of the expressway and Flyovers in Awka. Look at the billions they dumped into an oil rig Bridge without thought

Umahi is not taking shortcuts or bad advice on any of his projects that is why they all stand out.

investnow2013:

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 7:09am On Sep 27, 2020
Your inputs are useless worthless and incoherent. Obiano is the best performing governor in the SE and among the top 3 best in Nigeria. Nobody buys your witchcraft posts here anymore.

[s]
mktinsight:
Obiano would have done better if he had just followed procedure and not surrounded himself with friends and kinsmen. Practically the only projects of excellence achieved was Agulu Lake Hotel and Onitsha Mall built by Chinese Companies and awarded under Obi.
The rest shows his failure in project conception, award and execution. Look at the mess IDC made of the expressway and Flyovers in Awka. Look at the billions they dumped into an oil rig Bridge without thought
Umahi is not taking shortcuts or bad advice on any of his projects that is why they all stand out.
mktinsight:
Let's tell the truth. The contractor building the project is confused that is why 3 years after starting they are not even at 50% completion of the exterior.
I saw how fast the Chahourys built Eko Conference Center. Nigerias premier conference center. It took them 2 years. There is nothing special about a conference center exterior facade unless you use substandard companies like Obiano likes to do.
mktinsight:
Nepotism is what kills Obiano. If he awarded the contract to a proper company then we will see quality but if it's via his friend's and Aguleri brothers na another ICC we go get. One thing about the site is that it is heavily waterlogged. You can dig 6 feet and get water. I would hope the contractor has made plans to divert water and to put other facilities there like basketball courts, volleyball sandpit, tennis courts, swimming pool and changing rooms.
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 7:11am On Sep 27, 2020
mktinsight:

You are ignorant to know they rewarded the contract to foreign contractor, after the indigenous contactor was finding hard to execute the project, mind you the area is waterlogged, they are in roofing stage now, the roofing materials were all imported and Covid 19 affected the completion date which was scheduled end of this year, the parking lots is very massive go see the great work they are doing there to cage the water.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 7:11am On Sep 27, 2020
ChimaAgbalajob:

If OBiano completes these three things;

1. The International airport (At least to regularly operate daylight flights to & from Lagos and Abuja)
2. The International Conference Center
3. Awka Stadium

Based on these legacy projects, the three flyovers in Awka, the multiple roads, agricultural revolution, multiple bridges and security, it will be very difficult to find a Governor that will beat Obiano's records.

You are on point. Obiano will complete all those projects and emerge even the best in Nigeria.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 7:15am On Sep 27, 2020
You have said it all. cool

gwafaeziokwu:

May be if you had taken time to read the post I quoted. Then you might have understood how Ogun state entered the discussion. What goes on in Yoruba states do not bother me, but when you come to an Igbo thread to throw shade with ethnic bias then you get your due reply.

I am not an Obiano apologist. But even if he has not transformed Anambra to Eldorado, he has made giant strides and most importantly had not allowed the state to decay. There are enough statistics to prove that he has not been sleeping on duty. Nigeria have been on economic down slope for the greater part of his administration yet the state keep on performing wonders in all the economic indices of development. I will score him 70/100 in good governance. The remaining 30% I will keep because of some areas where he performed below par.

I love the saving habit of Obi, but I also love the futuristic capital projects like Airport and others. All are investment into the future of Ndi Anambra. Each government will definitely choose an approach. Obiano has not put us in trouble. He is yet to mortgage the state through rising debt like his counterparts all over the nation are doing. He might not be as astute as Obi but he has kept our fiscal balance in green so that we will have enough money to develop Anambra state. His successor will not have to battle reduced FAAC allocation due to loan repayment.

Pension, Salary and gratuity are been paid regularly, there is relative security in Anambra, education sector is not suffering, health sector is receiving attention. I don't want to talk about the agricultural revolution under him.

We all look out for different things in governance. Right now he tick a lot of boxes for me and has my approval.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 7:24am On Sep 27, 2020
[s]
mktinsight:
Nepotism is what kills Obiano. If he awarded the contract to a proper company then we will see quality but if it's via his friend's and Aguleri brothers na another ICC we go get.

One thing about the site is that it is heavily waterlogged. You can dig 6 feet and get water. I would hope the contractor has made plans to divert water and to put other facilities there like basketball courts, volleyball sandpit, tennis courts, swimming pool and changing rooms.

[/s]
The stadium site isn't waterlogged, stop your ignorant analysis on what you know nothing about, there is provision for other sports facilities, they just started this project few weeks ago and they are very fast, they project is not far from my office, this is one project I know I will be updating on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by naturalman: 7:51am On Sep 27, 2020
post=94344793:

Have you seen ebonyi state ICC

Does Anambra own have a lifter or cable step?

Anambra ICC is a child compared to imo state own not to talk of ebonyi state ICC

Anambra mall at Onitsha is the worst in the entire country.....Even abia mall at umuahia is far better than Onitsha mall

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 7:51am On Sep 27, 2020
You just PROVED MY POINT about Obiano's poor project management skills. A project of this importance should have been awarded to a COMPETENT company in the first place. Not his friends and kinsmen. That is 1. Number 2 is that of all the sites in Awka, they chose a SWAMP far from the main city. Had they conducted proper Project FEASIBILITY survey the company would have chosen one of those empty lands near Ekwueme Square. They are CENTRAL, ACCESSIBLE and do not need expensive DRAINAGE.

What is done is done and I hope you learn from this that your hero wasted 3 years with another of his sub-standard contractors instead of doing the right thing and getting experts from the start.

post=94354256:

You are ignorant to know they rewarded the contract to foreign contractor, after the indigenous contactor was finding hard to execute the project, mind you the area is waterlogged, they are in roofing stage now, the roofing materials were all imported and Covid 19 affected the completion date which was scheduled end of this year, the parking lots is very massive go see the great work they are doing there to cage the water.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 7:59am On Sep 27, 2020
My friend go and sit down. Who born you? As children we used to fetch water from that very place which was perennially flooded not up to 30 years ago. Its johnny just come like you in Government House that think you know Awka and keep showcasing your stupidity.

It was Obi that built a very deep gutter and under-ground channel to funnel rain water away to Iyiagu in order to build the stadium. Still during the core rainy season just sink a shovel into the ground and you will hit water.

As for them being fast, American secondary schools build projects far more sophisticated than this in 1 year. The Police built all the infrastructure for police games at Ekwueme square in less than a month. Sports Complex is about DESIGN and MAINTENANCE not just building. They have to build other facilities to make it BUSY and not just a football field. I see a running track which is good but lots of things remain:

- Mini Football Training Pitch (1 for training, pick-up games)
- Tennis Courts (at least 2 to start)
- Volleyball Sand pit (at least 1)
- Basketball Courts (at least 2 to start)
- Swimming Pool (at least 1 to start)
- Male and Female Toilets and Changing Rooms (at least 10 toilets and 5 showers and locker room)
- Mini-Park with trees, walking path and bench (area for people to sit, relax)
- Parking Lot (enough space for 100 cars).

Obiano knows what a first class Sports Complex looks like. He lives in Houston for Gods sake!

post=94354507:
[s][/s]
The stadium site isn't waterlogged, stop your ignorant analysis on what you know nothing about, there is provision for other sports facilities, they just started this project few weeks ago and they are very fast, they project is not far from my office, this is one project I know I will be updating on this thread.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 27, 2020
naturalman:

Anambra ICC is a child compared to imo state own not to talk of ebonyi state ICC

Anambra mall at Onitsha is the worst in the entire country.....Even abia mall at umuahia is far better than Onitsha mall

All these people ruled by supreme court Governor won't allow us rest.

Why not go to the Ebonyi ICC and Imo ICC and let us have peace.

Una go die of shock upon Anambra matter.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 8:04am On Sep 27, 2020
The whole point of an ICC is CAPACITY and FUNCTIONALITY not having lifter or cable step. But yes Obiano and friends made building an ICC look like rocket science while Ebonyi finished their own long time ago.

As for Onitsha Mall it was funded by African Capital Alliance. Anambra State Government contributed the land in exchange for 25% equity. ACA made a huge mistake in the architectural design. The Mall was built for 2 anchor tenants with 2 main entrances and space for restaurants in the middle. But they only got 1 anchor tenant and then converted the space for 1 to a food court and then forced people to enter from the far side to access the
rest of the mall.

Blame ACA not ANSG for their silly design.

naturalman:

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 8:15am On Sep 27, 2020
Imo ICC is an ordinary warehouse, you can't even call that nonsense ICC. Onitsha is the best and most beautiful, biggest in SE Nigeria. Imo should build another ICC because what they have now is just a warehouse. That's just the bitter truth.

[s]
naturalman:
Have you seen ebonyi state ICCDoes Anambra own have a lifter or cable step?nambra ICC is a child compared to imo state own not to talk of ebonyi state ICCAnambra mall at Onitsha is the worst in the entire country.....Even abia mall at umuahia is far better than Onitsha mall
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (1323) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.