Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Where Are The Modular Refineries? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Modular Refineries? (16044 Views)

President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries / Modular Refineries To Be Commissioned By December - Ibe Kachikwu Reveals / Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by free2ryhme: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
APC na scam

you just they know

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by InvertedHammer: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
Omooba77:

We are a nation full of excusses.
As long as we import, this kind of issues will arise

You didn't finish the statement.

"We are a nation full of excuses when it comes to doing the right things"

If you'd noticed, sharing money, looting, jumbo salaries and bribery are never stifled with excuses.

/

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by profosa: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
Please note that their are actually modular refinery in nigeria now producing diesel,one of the marginal field operator has one that is currently running.
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by neahyo(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2017
Diapers and Politicians should be changed often both for the same reason.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by Coldfeets: 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2017
buJu234:
Story of a country called Nigeria.

Episode 1
we prayed and God answered our prayers and gave us GEJ, GEJ gave us freedom of speech that enables us to speak against corruption, which we did, but instead of us to give him time to fixed the corruption we all shouted crucify him, so we crucified GEJ, instead of working with him to fight corruption.because we were looking for perfect men.

Episode 2...

Then we cry and God gave us GMB/PMB, GMB/PMB decided not to repeat the same mistake that GEJ gave Nigerians(FREEDOM OF SPEECH), no freedom of speech, if u talk EFCC or DSS or other gov't. regulatory agencies arrest u. All of a sudden, the channels tv, TVC, political analysts etc all became dead.
Now here's ur reward Nigerians no fuel, corruption @ its peak but u can't talk. back to the suffering & smiling days.

Like someone said he pray the PMB wins 2019, so that in the future we shall tell our children and grand children how foolish and stupid we were to crucify GEJ and accept PMB.

off point. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by otokx(m): 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
ruggedtimi:
Private modular refinery under construction along emouha uniport road port harcourt.

That is a gas refinery.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by almarthins(m): 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2017
Omooba77:

That is part of campaign promises. Do they have feasibility studies, FEED, detail design and constructabiliity of these modular refinieries?

You are lamenting, Pele! Come 2019 vote for me, if u don't have portable water before ; I will give you beta runing wata. grin grin grin grin grin grin

If ur chicks are missing, I will give you chickens.
If ur brain no dey understand common logic, I go give you bill gate own.
If your wife run leave you for house, I will give you women.
Infact, I will make 1 kobo = 1 dollar
I will tell america that they are learners.

That's my campaign promise.
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by pawesome(m): 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2017
Omooba77:
I remembered quite well during the buildup to the 2015 election; APC promised to build modular refineries in months. As of today only Dangote refinery which is a private initiative, which may not come online till 2020.
Please where are the promised refineries; because this fuel scarcity is hard on us the populace? God bless Nigeria.

Scarcity is as a result of importation price difference due to world market.
So na only refinery dem promise you?...cz me i know d promised more than dt
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by santopelele(m): 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2017
THE MODULAR REFINERIES ARE IN PRESIDENT BURUNTASHI'S VILLAGE IN KASTINA STATE
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by 989900: 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
Adminisher:

You have to understand how international EPC works. You do studies, you do front end design, you do detailed design, you specify equipment, you select OEMs, then they manufacture, then they invite you to come and test, then they transport, then you errect on site, then you commission.

Does this appear to you to be a two-year thing?

People are so ignorant in Nigeria yet talk, talk and talk.

The modular refinery idea itself is very STUPID. We have said many times it is uneconomic and will not work. This national tendency of looking for short cuts will not work.

Refinery business can only be done profitably at scale ( >250000 barrels a day) and should produce many by products.

Anyway thank you for knowing Danone refinery will not run till 2020.

The above is Not true.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by Fabianoleat3681: 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2017
Do you wear sandals? Would you wear any of our unique designs?

This season we are giving away twenty(20)pams FREE (Free GIFT )

..From Now till 11:30am 23rd of DEC.2017..

.....Buy two sandals and get a PAM FREE....

Our sandals are available at a discounted price of #3,999k

Remember only 20 pairs available..

To order...WHATSAPP 08080281656 or drop your contact number in comment box

Delivery is NOT FREE....pay before delivery for all orders outside Lagos.
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by Johnrake69: 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
Aieboocaar:

dont mind Zombies that would cook up anything in their head just to give themselves false hope

Same way they said dangote cement will be the game changer.....let them find out which cement is the cheapest in the Nigerian market now

Dangote will sell double the price in the international market. Same thing we currently experiencing with cement.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by joenor(m): 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
I for one, wonder ooo
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by uvalued(m): 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2017
Ask sarrki, stooge for the "I don't know how to make money"
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by Lucky5966: 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]They Will Not Allow Our Ijaw Brothers To Refine Crude Oil And Hustle In Peace

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by Teenaira: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2017
Realdeals:
Dangote refinery will be the game changer when it's ready.

Sorry o oga. If for any reason Dangote refinery does not come to reality what will happen to Nigeria ?

3 Likes

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by baralatie(m): 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
Aieboocaar:

dont mind Zombies that would cook up anything in their head just to give themselves false hope

Same way they said dangote cement will be the game changer.....let them find out which cement is the cheapest in the Nigerian market now
the principle in the cement industry is totally different from oil sector. Govt hands off itself from the sector which gave way for unicem in calabar, lafarge investment in elephant cement,bus cement in okpella,dangote and ibeto in ebonyi and other little players in p.h.
that policy by the fg is the game changer in the cement industry which has Nigeria exporting cement.The same policy of competition and multiple players were allowed in the telecommunications and it has been bye to nitel
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by baralatie(m): 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2017
profosa:
Please note that their are actually modular refinery in nigeria now producing diesel,one of the marginal field operator has one that is currently running.
name and place of production
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by doctokwus: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
buJu234:

Like someone said he pray the PMB wins 2019, so that in the future we shall tell our children and grand children how foolish and stupid we were to crucify GEJ and accept PMB.
Its only those that want the disintegration of Nigeria that should be praying Buhari gets re elected.
If Buhari gets reelected I bet you there will be periodic riots,and breakdown of law and order because of the suffering,sectionalism and ethnic divisions his incompetence will unleash

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by chybosaint(m): 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
Adminisher:

You have to understand how international EPC works. You do studies, you do front end design, you do detailed design, you specify equipment, you select OEMs, then they manufacture, then they invite you to come and test, then they transport, then you errect on site, then you commission.

The modular refinery idea itself is very STUPID. We have said many times it is uneconomic and will not work. This national tendency of looking for short cuts will not work.

Refinery business can only be done profitably at scale ( >250000 barrels a day) and should produce many by products.

my dear you are not the only custodian of knowledge. Modular refinery is profitable in other climes and it won't take up to 1 year to have it completed. If you have source of crude , contact me and we can build it for you in less than one year and finance it too. But we are going to get the raw materials which is crude oil from you and spread the recovery plan before total handover.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by midastouch: 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2017
Omooba77:
I remembered quite well during the buildup to the 2015 election; APC promised to build modular refineries in months. As of today only Dangote refinery which is a private initiative, which may not come online till 2020.
Please where are the promised refineries; because this fuel scarcity is hard on us the populace? God bless Nigeria.

Scarcity is as a result of importation price difference due to world market.

Modular refineries have been in existence in Nigeria for more than 10 years. The only snag is that they have been termed "illegal" by the establishment.

Everyday a lot of modular refineries are destroyed by the Nigerian Armed Forces / Police / Civil Defense in the Niger Delta.

We have the know-how, yet we have been cursed with no sense!

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by erico2k2(m): 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2017
Adminisher:

Oga all that nah long story . That sound like music to those who are not in the know . This FG has no plan for any damn modular refinary simple . Stop trying to sugercoat shyte .

4 Likes

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by BetaThings: 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
buJu234:
Story of a country called Nigeria.

Episode 1
we prayed and God answered our prayers and gave us GEJ, GEJ gave us freedom of speech that enables us to speak against corruption, which we did, but instead of us to give him time to fixed the corruption we all shouted crucify him, so we crucified GEJ, instead of working with him to fight corruption.because we were looking for perfect men.

You are part of the problen of thus country - we like to distort history!
Jonathan did not give us freedom of speech

Freedom of Information, rightly called Access to Information, is not the same as Freedom of Speech
In any case did FOI allow you see the accounts of NNPC or know the assets of Jonathan like Yaradua did?

Okupe even threatened that the government would jail those who abused Jonathan
Is anybody harrasing those who call PMB dullard today

Jonathan had no intention of fighting corruption, being a beneficiary himself
do you give a pick pocket time to mature into an armed robber?

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by erico2k2(m): 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2017
midastouch:

Modular refineries have been in existence in Nigeria for more than 10 years. The only snag is that they have been termed "illegal" by the establishment.

Everyday a lot of modular refineries are destroyed by the Nigerian Armed Forces / Police / Civil Defense in the Niger Delta.

We have the know-how, yet we have been cursed with no sense!
No mind them . All they need do is licence them and introduce quality control and see if this refinary issue is not laid to rest .

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
The fact that Nigeria does not have stable 24/7 power supply, or experience fuel scarcity in 2017 is for me the greatest single indicator of the failure of all its past leaders. All of them.

How come Nigeria, with so much gaz and oil is not able to generate and sustain power continuously, nor simply refine that very oil for domestic consumption let alone exportation?

How can this be, if not for a poor mediocre and visionless leadership? Tell me, How can this be?

Even if there was nothing else to do in the country. Building refineries and Power supply should have been priority number 1 since 1961, because oil is the greatest asset of this country.

I will never understand that.

5 Likes

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by BetaThings: 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2017
doctokwus:

Its only those that want the disintegration of Nigeria that should be praying Buhari gets re elected.
If Buhari gets reelected I bet you there will be periodic riots,and breakdown of law and order because of the suffering,sectionalism and ethnic divisions his incompetence will unleash

Sponsored, right?

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by erico2k2(m): 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2017
BetaThings:

You are part of the problen of thus country - we like to distort history!
Jonathan did not give us freedom of speech

Freedom of Information, rightly called Access to Information, is not the same as Freedom of Speech
In any case did FOI allow you see the accounts of NNPC or know the assets of Jonathan like Yaradua did?

Okupe even threatened that the government would jail those who abused Jonathan
Is anybody harrasing those who call PMB dullard today

Jonathan had no intention of fighting corruption, being a beneficiary himself
do you give a pick pocket time to mature into an armed robber?
You lot keep repeating same trash day in day out. Nigeria is in trouble the same people who are 5 he thieves 20 years ago are still thieving as we speak .
You day .you say GEJ is corrupt ok when is he going to spend the money he stole ? ?
PMB is not corrupt or a beneficiary of corruption right . How did he manage to fund 2x election ? ??
Look Nigeria is corrupt by default . When you fight corruption you jave to create a safe net to catch those who's lives depend on it.if not Anarchy .

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by erico2k2(m): 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
LoJ:
The fact that Nigeria does not have stable 24/7 power supply, or experience fuel scarcity in 2017 is for me the greatest single indicator of the failure of all its past leaders. All of them.

How come Nigeria, with so much gaz and oil is not able to generate and sustain power continuously, nor simply refine that very oil for domestic consumption let alone exportation?

How can this be, if not for a poor mediocre and visionless leadership? Tell me, How can this be?

Even if there was nothing else to do in the country. Building refineries and Power supply should have been priority number 1 since 1961, because oil is the greatest asset of this country.

I will never understand that.
The simple and short answer to that is this
There are group of people making Billions by this situation . .If the problem of refining and electricity get solved they will go burst . So to this end it's A battle btw Evil and Good .

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2017
Adminisher:

when they promised, you clapped your hands and screamed, these are the crusading Angels of change. You forgot to remind them that refineries are not built months, that the idea of modular refineries is stupid and uneconomic, now after 2 years your brain has been restored to factory setting and you discover the change was a mirage. You have changed your story and you want Nigerians to believe you, don't worry, they know better this time.

4 Likes

Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by erico2k2(m): 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2017
otokx:

That is a gas refinery.
What kind of gas ?
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2017
erico2k2:
The simple and short answer to that is this
There are group of people making Billions by this situation . .If the problem of refining and electricity get solved they will go burst . So to this end it's A battle btw Evil and Good .
Who is it that benefits from having 1hour of electricity per day and how? Do let me know.

And even if that is the case, how come the interests of that single individual overpowers those of the whole nation?
Re: Where Are The Modular Refineries? by erico2k2(m): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2017
booblacain:
you did not particularly say why modular refineries will not work. Are you saying a state like say Edo cannot get investors to build a refinery that would carter for Edo state alone?
No the govt made it or rather NNPC made it very hard to dive in.the average home spends far more mi ey in telephone than they do in petrol . See what they did in telecoms ? ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

30,000 Policemen, Two Helicopters, 4 Acps, Others For Ekiti Polls / Ben Bruce Commends Judiciary, Says We Must Follow The Jonathan Doctrine / Dogara Fails To Settle Saraki, Presidency Rift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.