Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust (32236 Views)

APC: Tinubu, Amaechi, El-rufai Dig In For 2023 / South-East Governors Shut Down Markets, Rice Mill Over Atiku’s Visit / Buhari, Amaechi & El-Rufai At The Commissioning Of Abuja Metro Rail (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by agwom(m): 4:42am On Dec 22, 2017
Fourteen governors belonging to the ruling All Progressives Congress [APC] are angry that they were deliberately not invited to two meetings organised by Kaduna State Governor Nasiru el-Rufa’i and Transport Minister Rotimi Amaechi all geared towards the 2019 elections, a top source in the ruling party told Daily Trust in Abuja yesterday.

The affair has already ruffled feathers within APC and the 14 governors are demanding to know why they were left out of consultations, the source said.

Daily Trust learnt that two were held in October and December, this year at the Abuja residence of Amaechi, who hosted the meeting together with Governor El-Rufa’i. Even though the meetings were initially billed as “political consultation,” they were actually meant to extract a pledge of allegiance to President Muhammadu Buhari to emerge as APC’s candidate

for the 2019 presidential election.

According to the top sources, the first meeting which took place in October was attended by Governors El-Rufa’i, Yahaya Bello of Kogi, Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano, Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi, Tanko Al-Makura of Nasarawa and Ibrahim Gaidam of Yobe State.

Daily Trust learnt each governor was separately invited for “political consultation.” When each governor arrived, El-Rufa’i and Amaechi prevailed on him to pledge allegiance to President Buhari in 2019. Each of the governors did so, after which El-Rufa’i led them to attend congregational Friday prayers at the Presidential Villa Mosque on Friday, October 27, 2017.

Immediately after the prayers, the president received the six governors in audience. El-Rufa’i, who spoke on their behalf, said they were at the Villa to pledge allegiance to the President and assure him of their support in the 2019 election. Daily Trust learnt that Buhari thanked them for the visit but he did not say whether or not he will seek re-election.

Two months’ later according to our highly informed sources, Amaechi and El-Rufa’i invited another batch of APC governors to the Transport Minister’s Abuja residence. Those who attended the second meeting were Governors Simon Bako Lalong of Plateau, Mohammed Jibrilla Bindow of Adamawa, Samuel Ortom of Benue and Abubakar Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi. This meeting took place last Monday, December 18, 2017. Sources said the newly recruited governors were also invited for “political consultation” and they did not know the real reason for the invitation until they arrived at Amaechi’s house.

According to our top sources, there is a lot of speculation within APC as to the reason why 15 governors were not involved in the scheme.

The source said Governors Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos, Rauf Aregbesola of Osun, Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo and Godwin Obaseki of Edo State were probably shut out because they are believed to be loyal to APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, whose loyalty to Buhari in 2019 is not certain. The source however expressed surprise that governors such as Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun, Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara, Kashim Shettima of Borno, Aminu Masari of Katsina, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo and Owelle Rochas Okorocha of Imo, who are also known to be loyal Buhari supporters, were kept in the dark by El-Rufa’i and Amaechi. The source noted that these governors are also known to be close to Buhari and that Okorocha has publicly endorsed Buhari for 2019 on several occasions.

The sources said Governors Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara and Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger “were probably left out because they are believed to be close to Senate President Abubakar Bukola Saraki,” who is thought to nurse presidential ambitions.

The source however said “it is not clear” Governors Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto and Muhammad Badaru Abubakar were excluded from the meetings.

Another APC chieftain who also craved for anonymity told Daily Trust that many party chieftains believe that Governor El-Rufa’i and Minister Amaechi are laying the ground for a joint ticket which they hope Buhari will endorse in case he decides not to seek re-election in 2019. He said, “They are trying to ingratiate themselves with the president, to convince him that they are his most ardent backers. The trick is that if he decides not to run as they think he won’t, they believe he will endorse the two of them to grab the party’s ticket.”

We’ll work with govs for Buhari’s second term- APC

The National Secretary of the APC, Alhaji Maimala Buni, said last night that as the ruling party, whatever the governors did legally in order to convince President Buhari to run for a second term is an endorsement of what the party had said repeatedly.

Buni said if really the governors had met with Buhari on 2019, then that should be a positive story for all well meaning Nigerians.

He said while Buhari continued to serve Nigeria and Nigerians, it should be seen as a legitimate venture if individuals or groups said he should be given a chance to continue.

“We are happy with the moves by our governors if really they made any such move to encourage Buhari to go for a second term and continue with the good work he is doing.

“Remember that we collectively passed a vote of confidence on the President during our last National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting in Abuja. We still stand by that; our president deserves our support.

“President Buhari has the right of first refusal. This is the tradition all over the world. As a party, we would keep to our promise through President Buhari in the areas of fighting corruption, security of life of Nigerians and revitalization of the economy through self-sufficiency in agriculture, power generation, infrastructure and education.

“Nigeria is on a path to glory through President Buhari; what the governors are doing is therefore legitimate, we are fully with them just the way Nigerians are truly in support of the president.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/14-apc-govs-shut-out-as-amaechi-el-rufa-i-lead-2019-scheme.html

1 Share

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by havilahconsults: 4:45am On Dec 22, 2017
The source said Governors Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos, Rauf Aregbesola of Osun, Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo and Godwin Obaseki of Edo State were probably shut out because they are believed to be loyal to APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, whose loyalty to Buhari in 2019 is not certain. The source however expressed surprise that governors such as Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun, Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara, Kashim Shettima of Borno, Aminu Masari of Katsina, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo and Owelle Rochas Okorocha of Imo, who are also known to be loyal Buhari supporters, were kept in the dark by El-Rufa’i and Amaechi. The source noted that these governors are also known to be close to Buhari and that Okorocha has publicly endorsed Buhari for 2019 on several occasions.

It's obvious there is more to this story. Amaechi and El-Rufa’i have something going on underground.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by three: 4:52am On Dec 22, 2017
These guys rode on the pro-Buhari brigade which in itself rode on the anti-GEJ sentiments of the day.

Which was BASICALLY a fairly debatable Pro-North agitation.

As at 2015 (and since 1999), SW Nigeria had been in power for 8 years, SS for approximately 6 years while NW for approximately 2 years.

This means the South had been in power for 14 years while the North had only been in power for 2.

A Pro-North agitation was arguably justified and saw a whole number of individuals vote with their feet hence the implosion of the PDP at the insistence of GEJ running for a second term.

The problem was running against and in effect rebelling against the power of incumbency. The North needed a bankable (emphasis on bankable as against competent) candidate, and Buhari with his 4million plus regular voters was a beautiful bride.

Buhari did not win because of his capacity to govern but because of the North's expedient desire to regain power which it felt it had unjustifiably been denied.

The 'North' no longer needs Buhari (having served his purpose in unseating an incumbent president). It is on the other hand Tinubu, Amaechi, El-Rufai, Mamma Daura, Kyari and a number of others that need Buhari.

[Added 10:12am 22/12/2017]

In addition and for posterity, "need Buhari... FOR NOW" applies to El-Rufai and Tinubu who both (in my personal opinion) have an ace up their sleeves for 2019 which will leave you know who high and dry. (Not sure Amaechi is totally on board in this regard. Especially as no Rivers money to play with). Tempus Revelat Omnia

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by shosky1794: 5:02am On Dec 22, 2017
Nigeria journalists are just too lazy. The junks they churn out these days make you want to believe more in bloggers. Mtchew

6 Likes

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by zakim(m): 5:04am On Dec 22, 2017
Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by SMSguru(m): 5:09am On Dec 22, 2017
The truth remains that every politician, including the shut-out aggreived governors has selfish interests.
Those governors should organise their own meeting if they want.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by Atiku2019: 5:11am On Dec 22, 2017
The End is Near grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by sarrki(m): 5:13am On Dec 22, 2017
Junk journalism for junk enemies of the state

4 Likes

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by kocvalour(m): 6:01am On Dec 22, 2017
sarrki:
Junk journalism for junk enemies of the state

The end is near for you and your likes

better carry your little savings from this trashy job go invest for better thing

54 Likes

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by sarrki(m): 6:02am On Dec 22, 2017
kocvalour:

The end is near for you and your likes

better carry your little savings from this trashy job go invest for better thing

I am sure PDP is paying you wells on this job of yours

Which of the party did you belong to?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by oluwafemi113(m): 6:11am On Dec 22, 2017
following

you never can tell what 2019 will be all about

Don't be carry away with all this news coming from PDP news Agent
Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by kolafolabi(m): 6:14am On Dec 22, 2017
Every Nigerian politician always wants to be relevant..

2 Likes

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:25am On Dec 22, 2017
sarrki:

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:29am On Dec 22, 2017
What is my own kwanu, is it not to wait for the day APC will do their national convention??

It's ghana be han hinteresting movie smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by sarrki(m): 6:29am On Dec 22, 2017
[quote author=BeeBeeOoh post=63503308][/quote]

High chief .

Which of the faction did you belong to

The secondus or the legitimate one

3 Likes

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:32am On Dec 22, 2017
sarrki:

High chief .

I belong to my God, my parents, my town union and lastly, My Girlfriend..

When are guys(APC) going to conduct national convention??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by mercyp001(f): 6:55am On Dec 22, 2017
sarrki:

So u think dat it is everybody on pay-roll like u BMC guys? Your 30k job will soon end, 2019 is around d corner.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 22, 2017
APC grappling on straws

Let them conduct their convention first

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by frankyychiji(f): 7:25am On Dec 22, 2017
APC please go for convention. APC please go for convention. APC please go for convention. APC please go for convention. APC please go for convention. APC please go for convention. APC please go for convention. APC please go for convention. APC please go go convention.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:40am On Dec 22, 2017
The house is already divided amongst itself!

2019 will be the final cleansing

El-rufai cannot get anything right! He got to where he is today not because of merit but through kneeling and begging

Controversy seems to trail whatever he lays his hands on that too in a negative way

Amaechi is a no go area, I am yet to see his achievement(s) since he became a minister

I hope for his sake that he will not call that rickety train he recently imported an achievement undecided

All in all Buhari has not done anything to deserve our votes in 2019 get that into your thick skulls

Less I forget, he is trying in N-Power, I hope he continues and don't embroil them in politics wink

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:48am On Dec 22, 2017
sarrki:

High chief .

grin grin grin [b]stop day dreaming, PDP is one and Secondus is the only legitimate chairman

Any other one is a counterfeit!

I guess APC is not doing well hence the insecurities

Isn't it funny APC has being in power for over 2 years yet they are still campaigning undecided

Keep probing GEJ, 2019 is almost here!

2019 I will vote the individual that will add value to the lives of every well meaning Nigerians!

Not the one that increased fuel from N87 to N145 yet nothing to show for it shocked shocked shocked

Budget billions for health, yet no syringe in the hospital undecided

Fighting corruption yet Maina, Babachir, Baru, Mahmoud, Daura are not only walking free but still receiving salaries undecided

Technically defeated Bokoharam but is taking $1b from our savings

He said recession is over but goods are triple expensive in the market!

Said Abacha did not steal yet billions of money looted is coming in, he has not open his mouth to condemn it but after some particular people

Fulani Herdsmen has being killing Nigerians but he kept mute

No tangible achievement since 2015

He has no respect for our constitution! He couldn't even honour federal character all because of personal beef undecided

I will continue to open your eyes until that zobeism that has engulfed you totally is cured

[/b]
Prayer answered so soon kiss

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by Paperwhite(m): 7:57am On Dec 22, 2017
APC is really occultic otherwise why the cladenstine meeting cajoling or coercing governors to support a failure
Well only time will tell about the impact of their action.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by mmb(m): 9:23am On Dec 22, 2017
El-Rufai, the future President of Nigeria in Sha Allah.

4 Likes

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by Sirpaul(m): 9:24am On Dec 22, 2017
better than sacrifice
Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by nely(m): 9:25am On Dec 22, 2017
It's better to have a corrupt PDP than this Demonic Angels called APC, set of confused,disorganised untrustworthy Individuals, Fuel is now 220plus, Diesel nko,Fulani malitia are killing our security agent no arrest, Technically defeated Boko Haram needs $1 billion to eradicate, am tired of their boju boju.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by IamPatriotic(m): 9:27am On Dec 22, 2017
What kind of nonsensical news is this? very disjointed, in the imagination of the writer, what is there's plans for third and forth meetings, and different sets of Governors are slated for invitations?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by millionboi2: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2017
2019......End of the road 4APC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by ManirBK: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2017
time for zombies to wail

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by 2016v2017: 9:29am On Dec 22, 2017
Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi To President Buhari:
A Soldier salary is 49,000 forty nine thousand naira, some no accommodation they rent house outside the barrack no risk allowance instead they sleep inside bush fought to defend the Nation.
A P C where is the change?
Change should start with the National assembly: = A Senator receives N36,000,000 (thirty-six million Naira) monthly. If this is divided into two = N18,000,000 million (Eighteen million Naira). The second half which is N18,000,000 (eighteen million Naira) can be used to employ 200 Nigerians, each earning a salary of N90,000 (ninety thousand Naira) monthly. When you multiply 200 people with the number of Senators (109), this will give 21,800 Nigerians gainful employment. In short, 200 Nigerians will be able to live a comfortable life on half a Senator’s monthly salary.
A member of the House of Representatives receives a salary of N25,000,000 (tenty-five million Naira) monthly. If this salary is divided in two = N12,500,000 (twelve million and five hundred thousand Naira). The other half, which is the sum of N12,500,000 (twelve million and five hundred thousand Naira) will be enough to employ 135 Nigerians with a monthly salary of N92.500 (ninety-two thousand and five hundred Naira) each. Nigeria has 360 Members of the House of Representatives, half of their salaries can employ 48,600 Nigerians who can live comfortable lives.
So, Baba Buhari’s Administration can employ 70,400 Nigerians with monthly salaries ranging from N90,000 to N92.500 accordingly. This is just by dividing the salaries of Senators and Members of the House of Representatives. Half their present salaries is more than enough for them in a country where majority of Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day. (Now think of all the other over bloated salaries and allowances of Ministers and others)
You may try this idea Your Excellency, the President...
Nigerians, spread this message to Senators and Members of the House of Representatives and others prick their conscience if they have any and to let them know how many Nigerians are not working because of their greed.
Transformation should start from the Congress!
Pls this is not a matter of politics, tribes, religion or likeness.
GOD HELP NIGERIA.

Copied & shared as received...

7 Likes

Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by Memphis357(m): 9:30am On Dec 22, 2017
Come 2019, Anyone who decides to re elect this current government needs to be committed to a mental asylum.
Re: 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust by kennyjam: 9:30am On Dec 22, 2017
你是个月
光芒果台
阶层层面包

for anyone who understands chinese, that's my comment.

If u sabi, come teach me make i use am read the comment wey i write too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uno State Of Cameroon: Foreign Affairs Ministry, UN Office In Nigeria Deny It / Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? / Tinubu’s Silence Over Attacks On Igbo In Lagos Dangerous - Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.