Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend (11100 Views)

Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa / Zainab Ahmed Says Fuel Subsidy To Gulp N450 Billion In 2020 / Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Inception(m): 9:22am On Dec 22, 2017
NNPC says fuel queues will disappear by weekend

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mr Ndu Ughamadu, on Thursday in Abuja says fuel queues will `normalise’ by Friday and disappear by the weekend.

Mr Ndu Ughamadu, the NNPC spokesman, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja that there was an increase in the number of incoming trucks of petrol into the FCT to curb the queues in the city.

According to him, the NNPC Group Managing Director, Dr Maikanti Baru, has met with the heads of Nigerian Association of Road Transport Owners (NARTO) and Petrol Tanker Drivers (PTD) to nip the problem in the bud.

He disclosed that a nation that consumed 35 million litres suddenly increased consumption to 85 million litres due diversion to neighbouring countries.

“Dr Baru just today directed that more trucks be moved into the FCT to douse tension and increase supply. He met with NARTO and PTD and they assured that trucks would be closely monitored.

“He said Lagos should be maintained at 300 trucks but the actual figure coming into Abuja should be increased by 150.

“Port Harcourt refinery has also increased refining and so by tomorrow (Friday) queues should normalise and by weekend it would have disappeared,’’ Ughamadu said.

He told NAN that the scarcity was artificial as the corporation “as at today has adequate products and a 25-day sufficiency’’.

A check of some filling stations in Abuja by NAN correspondents revealed that the queues were getting longer across the city.

Of the 16 petrol stations on the airport road, only three were dispensing the product while the rest were closed.

Attempts to reach the Department of Petroleum Resources for comments on the shut stations were not possible, as the spokesperson did not pick his calls.

Speaking to NAN at the A.Y.M Shafa filing station in Apo, a consumer, Mr Ter Swende said “I have to be in Oturkpo by tomorrow for a wedding on Saturday and for Christmas so I must get petrol today’’.

Mrs Buniya Solomon, told NAN at the Conoil filling station opposite NNPC towers that “I joined the queue from Reiz Continental hotel (about 1 kilometre away).

“It’s moving but the heat is something else and in my condition (heavily pregnant), it’s becoming unbearable but I have to queue up because children are on holiday and have to go out to celebrate Christmas.”

link:
https://guardian.ng/news/nnpc-says-fuel-queues-will-disappear-by-weekend/
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by diportivo: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2017
lies

lies

more lies

who else believes its all a lie

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by aolawale025: 9:52am On Dec 22, 2017
Till then!

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by EDOPRO: 9:59am On Dec 22, 2017
i wanted to give an Award medal for best liyers 2017 to Lia Mohammed, but have changed my mind, am giving it to NNPC for this Award winning lie

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by dukie25: 10:02am On Dec 22, 2017
Wetin concern Maikanti Baru, he is busy enjoying his $25bil loot.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by donneco(m): 10:12am On Dec 22, 2017
NNPC and lies.
Soon kachikwu would come out to specify the day and time it would end.
Nonsensical form of nonsense.;>
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Bizibi(m): 11:29am On Dec 22, 2017
I just saw a queue that is so long!!!! Right now......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by libertyfather(m): 11:43am On Dec 22, 2017
Which weekend? Dem dey madth nii?

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 22, 2017
Yes just like they said last week, awon eyan lie mohammed.

Tip for buying fuel easily this Dec.

Always have at least 25 liters keg in your trunk, and be ready to add 100 to 500 naira extra depending on the area.

When the pump attendants sees you with keg :

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by eddyslim(m): 11:43am On Dec 22, 2017
Stories
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by kings09(m): 11:43am On Dec 22, 2017
Lie. Buhari can lie for africa

1 Like

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by whitebeard(m): 11:43am On Dec 22, 2017
Ok.

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Saaruman(m): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2017
Lies as usual.

Fuel is the Zoo's political tool. Zoogeria is nothing but a pathetic fuel economy.

When GEJ tried to solve this fuel issue ones and for all by removing oil subsidy, Save Zoo group went to ojota to display their dancing skills in protest against it. If fuel subsidy was removed early enough in 2012, we would be talking about how many private refineries that have been build, not fuel marketers and fuel scarcity.

The truth is that the reality of fuel subsidy is setting in. International oil price is rising and current fuel price of N145 is grossly inadequate for marketters to cover landing cost. And the govt is refusing to tell Nigerians the truth. Why will they when they all claimed during GEJ govt that subsidy was a SCAM. Should they swallow their lies and go back to their vomits by paying the very subsidy they call scam?

Now subsidy has become a big boil to this buhari govt to the point that any attempt to remove it will turn Nigeria upside down. The situation of the Zoo can be liken to a person living with big snake in his house. The house owner refused to remove the snake when it was small because he thought he can handle it. It's just a small snake, so he thought. Now that the snake has grown very big, the man dare not get close to the snake talk more of removing it from his house. This is the current situation of buhari govt. Always living in lies and denial.

Zoogerians should brace up for fuel price increase!!

9 Likes

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by pat077: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2017
Which weekend..... Abi no b weekend we dey so

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by nawtyme: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2017
Na today?

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Kingzy4pep(m): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2017
Since 8am, People are stranded in Abuja. Could not board any vehicle to Benin because of non availability of fuel. Stupid government.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Birikiti: 11:45am On Dec 22, 2017
You mean there are no indicators to predict and forestall petroleum products scarcity? When NNPC noticed a spike in consumption, what was the organization's response?

Simple supply chain mangement of a strategic product NNPC cannot keep? Choi!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by eddyslim(m): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2017
All these lies must stop this 2017.. Am tired of it

1 Like

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by tribalistseun: 11:47am On Dec 22, 2017
Lies lies lies.

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Bossontop(m): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2017
undecided
common wee i kip chut....infact gerrarahere mhen iffa cash u ehhn
We don taya 2 dey here lies abeg

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Koolking(m): 11:47am On Dec 22, 2017
Nigerians are terrible set of creatures.

How do you explain, touts are hawking fuel in jerrycans and selling at cut-throat rates while fuel stations are hoarding theirs from the public and only dispensing to the touts at night to sell at exorbitant prices?

The scarcity is artificial because desperate few are poised on milking the people. The end justifies the means. God is watching us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by countsparrow: 11:47am On Dec 22, 2017
This country is finished...
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by enemyofprogress: 11:48am On Dec 22, 2017
Liars
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Kennykenty(m): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2017
Same old stories
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by enemyofprogress: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2017
pat077:
no mind dem,today na Tuesday

1 Like

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by 989900: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2017
Thunder fire una!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by chymer(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2017
Buying the product twice as much, then spending several man hour to get it.

I would have called it inhuman
But I forgot, Its Change!

8 Likes

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by ERCROSS(m): 11:54am On Dec 22, 2017
Nigeria is the perfect earth simulation of HELL, Little wonder, threat of hell doesn't scare us anymore

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by onyxo76(m): 11:57am On Dec 22, 2017
pat077:
i was wondering myself, with the kain queues out there, it will take more than a week for them to vanish...the annoying part is NNPC telling us that Lagos has gotten a daily allocation of 300 trucks, kano has 100 daily allocations, Abuja blah,blah blah....abeg where are all those trucks? I no see anything so far, abi those trucks are headed to cotonou?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by paulolee(m): 11:58am On Dec 22, 2017
dissapear go Wr....useless set of peps....during PDP era na una noise pass n use d fuel scacity as campaign strategy...na travelers I sori for pass

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As Tanker Drivers Suspend Petroleum Products Loading / Federal High Court Declares Deregistration Of Political Parties By INEC Valid / Buhari: Attempt To Destroy Nigeria Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.