Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend (11110 Views)

Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa / Zainab Ahmed Says Fuel Subsidy To Gulp N450 Billion In 2020 / Atiku Insists On Selling NNPC, Says ‘it Has Failed To Serve Its Purpose’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Ra88: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2017
G

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by mighty2: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
it is unbearable for us.in our area they are selling petrol #350/l and this stupid nnpc are telling us nw that queue will dissapear this weekend.buhari you are in aso rock nw,enjoying yourself and nigerians are suffering.i pray that you too will suffer.
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Stallione(m): 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2017
Its not about disappearance of fuel queues but the price of the product.Buhari government is useless and most corrupt!!!!
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Mouthpis(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
Koolking:
Nigerians are terrible set of creatures.

How do you explain, touts are hawking fuel in jerrycans and selling at cut-throat rates while fuel stations are hoarding theirs from the public and only dispensing to the touts at night to sell at exorbitant prices?

The scarcity is artificial because desperate few are poised on milking the people. The end justifies the means. God is watching us

It still baffles me how this is happening even in Abuja which is the seat of power.

Where are the law enforcement agencies?

Is it not the same filling stations that motorists buy from that is selling to these touts.

Why can't we just get it right for once in this country, why

cry cry cry
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
Buhari and everything he stands for are all shades of failures and incompetence. Nothing works for good under his administration. He has been a failure right from when he was president as a military man up to this moment... The useless people promised change and hell yeah we have seen the changes now.

At least during Jonah's administration people were still living better lives compared to now. This Fulani M0ron criticized the past administration buh yet he has only succeeded in making things even worse...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by zikter(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2017
Koolking:
Nigerians are terrible set of creatures.

How do you explain, touts are hawking fuel in jerrycans and selling at cut-throat rates while fuel stations are hoarding theirs from the public and only dispensing to the touts at night to sell at exorbitant prices?

The scarcity is artificial because desperate few are poised on milking the people. The end justifies the means. God is watching us
I always imagine, why will the filling stations close but touts are with fuel everywhere? and this has become a yearly ritual. people can blame the govt all they want, but a little patriotism can go a long way in solving some of these issues.
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by tempex88(m): 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2017
magicians.
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 22, 2017
They better do something. Its getting on people's nerve
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by egbeocha(m): 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
Petrol tankers are been diverted my foot. Bt any single container of foreign rice can't move into d country without being checked or even ceased. 9ja is really a banana Republic.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by grabdbull: 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2017
Another failure of this administration, leading to more suffering for Nigerians. To make it worse, this always happens weeks before Christmas, ensuring that many would exhaust on expensive black market fuel, the little cash they had set aside for the Yuletide.

While those with a little patience to queue without end at the filling station brood over the lost man-hours and loss of earnings, the realists will keep asking why structures cannot be put in place to forestall a repeat lack of performance on the part government as this scarcity has become a yearly occurrence, some might say a ritual.

I shudder to think what the conspiracy theorists have to say about this.
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by ACHIEVERBA: 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
FUCKING SCAMMERS!!!
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2017
When some of us have already bought bicycles for transport and solar panels for electricity
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by lonelydora: 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
Inception:
NNPC says fuel queues will disappear by weekend

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mr Ndu Ughamadu, on Thursday in Abuja says fuel queues will `normalise’ by Friday and disappear by the weekend.

Mr Ndu Ughamadu, the NNPC spokesman, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja that there was an increase in the number of incoming trucks of petrol into the FCT to curb the queues in the city.

According to him, the NNPC Group Managing Director, Dr Maikanti Baru, has met with the heads of Nigerian Association of Road Transport Owners (NARTO) and Petrol Tanker Drivers (PTD) to nip the problem in the bud.

He disclosed that a nation that consumed 35 million litres suddenly increased consumption to 85 million litres due diversion to neighbouring countries.

“Dr Baru just today directed that more trucks be moved into the FCT to douse tension and increase supply. He met with NARTO and PTD and they assured that trucks would be closely monitored.

“He said Lagos should be maintained at 300 trucks but the actual figure coming into Abuja should be increased by 150.

“Port Harcourt refinery has also increased refining and so by tomorrow (Friday) queues should normalise and by weekend it would have disappeared,’’ Ughamadu said.

He told NAN that the scarcity was artificial as the corporation “as at today has adequate products and a 25-day sufficiency’’.

A check of some filling stations in Abuja by NAN correspondents revealed that the queues were getting longer across the city.

Of the 16 petrol stations on the airport road, only three were dispensing the product while the rest were closed.

Attempts to reach the Department of Petroleum Resources for comments on the shut stations were not possible, as the spokesperson did not pick his calls.

Speaking to NAN at the A.Y.M Shafa filing station in Apo, a consumer, Mr Ter Swende said “I have to be in Oturkpo by tomorrow for a wedding on Saturday and for Christmas so I must get petrol today’’.

Mrs Buniya Solomon, told NAN at the Conoil filling station opposite NNPC towers that “I joined the queue from Reiz Continental hotel (about 1 kilometre away).

“It’s moving but the heat is something else and in my condition (heavily pregnant), it’s becoming unbearable but I have to queue up because children are on holiday and have to go out to celebrate Christmas.”

link:
https://guardian.ng/news/nnpc-says-fuel-queues-will-disappear-by-weekend/

Says which NNPC? Even inside PPMC and PHRC loading bay...to get petrol is not easy. I have been here since 8am trying to buy petrol. If it is like here, i wonder how town will be.

Buhari should just sack himself as Petroleum minister.
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Rainmaker69(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2017
Lies from the pit of hell. This NNPC management has perfected the art of lying. So sad.

Modified:
Well, he may not be lying. Shey they say the fuel queues will "normalize" by weekend... We should expect queues to become a normal thing by weekend. Shior!
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by IVORY2009(m): 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
[s]
989900:
Thunder fire una!
[/s]
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by hardon1(m): 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
na so gmd of nnpc dey make mouth for november say : there is enough fuel to serve the country till february. na im we dey so.... IDIOTOSIS PPL
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by MissAprokoMedia(f): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2017
Liaaaaaaarrressssssss!!!

Biko we dey find readers!! Let's go to https://joelsblog.com.ng
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by MrHenshaw: 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2017
Inception:

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mr Ndu Ughamadu, on Thursday in Abuja says fuel queues will `normalise’ by Friday and disappear by the weekend.

Mr Ndu Ughamadu, the NNPC spokesman, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja that there was an increase in the number of incoming trucks of petrol into the FCT to curb the queues in the city.

According to him, the NNPC Group Managing Director, Dr Maikanti Baru, has met with the heads of Nigerian Association of Road Transport Owners (NARTO) and Petrol Tanker Drivers (PTD) to nip the problem in the bud.

He disclosed that a nation that consumed 35 million litres suddenly increased consumption to 85 million litres due diversion to neighbouring countries.

“Dr Baru just today directed that more trucks be moved into the FCT to douse tension and increase supply. He met with NARTO and PTD and they assured that trucks would be closely monitored.

“He said Lagos should be maintained at 300 trucks but the actual figure coming into Abuja should be increased by 150.

“Port Harcourt refinery has also increased refining and so by tomorrow (Friday) queues should normalise and by weekend it would have disappeared,’’ Ughamadu said.

He told NAN that the scarcity was artificial as the corporation “as at today has adequate products and a 25-day sufficiency’’.

A check of some filling stations in Abuja by NAN correspondents revealed that the queues were getting longer across the city.

Of the 16 petrol stations on the airport road, only three were dispensing the product while the rest were closed.

Attempts to reach the Department of Petroleum Resources for comments on the shut stations were not possible, as the spokesperson did not pick his calls.

Speaking to NAN at the A.Y.M Shafa filing station in Apo, a consumer, Mr Ter Swende said “I have to be in Oturkpo by tomorrow for a wedding on Saturday and for Christmas so I must get petrol today’’.

Mrs Buniya Solomon, told NAN at the Conoil filling station opposite NNPC towers that “I joined the queue from Reiz Continental hotel (about 1 kilometre away).

“It’s moving but the heat is something else and in my condition (heavily pregnant), it’s becoming unbearable but I have to queue up because children are on holiday and have to go out to celebrate Christmas.”

link:

After you have caused people pain.
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by superbouck(m): 1:16pm On Dec 22, 2017
Fuel scarcity Power outage everywhr Long queue in the banks I'm just tired of Nigeria already l swear.
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by free2ryhme: 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Inception:

link:

This nnpc likes talking o! It's saying again that the whole queue must end today Friday, nationwide. Queue that started over three days ago. It seems someone is confused somewhere
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by galaxy2020(m): 1:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
APC, bunch of rouges, liars and career criminals. This present govt and it's gang Of liars need to work harder at getting their lies straight. ....
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by manucho: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2017
I have Apple iPad Mini MF432LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi no sim card) Space Gray colour with its pouch for sale. It's a 7.9-inch LED-backlit Multi-Touch Display; 1024-by-768 Resolution, 5 MP iSight Camera; 1080p HD Video Recording, very good battery life hold charge very very well very very very neat sent from Dubai. You can get back to me on WhatsApp me on 08039320890. Price is 75k but negotiable oooo
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by fajob: 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
God Dey oooooo
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by ModsWillKillNL: 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2017
How do we completely eradicate diversion to neighbouring countries

That has always been the problem.

Time to annex those tiny bastards we call our neighbours anyhow.
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by MrMakaveli20(m): 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2017
ERCROSS:
Nigeria is the perfect earth simulation of HELL, Little wonder, threat of hell doesn't scare us anymore
it doesn't scare us one beat. I'm
sure even hell has fuel and Satan is selling at pump
price
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by Temidayo9(m): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2017
Saaruman:
Lies as usual.

Fuel is the Zoo's political tool. Zoogeria is nothing but a pathetic fuel economy.

When GEJ tried to solve this fuel issue ones and for all by removing oil subsidy, Save Zoo group went to ojota to display their dancing skills in protest against it. If fuel subsidy was removed early enough in 2012, we would be talking about how many private refineries that have been build, not fuel marketers and fuel scarcity.

The truth is that the reality of fuel subsidy is setting in. International oil price is rising and current fuel price of N145 is grossly inadequate for marketters to cover landing cost. And the govt is refusing to tell Nigerians the truth. Why will they when they all claimed during GEJ govt that subsidy was a SCAM. Should they swallow their lies and go back to their vomits by paying the very subsidy they call scam?

Now subsidy has become a big boil to this buhari govt to the point that any attempt to remove it will turn Nigeria upside down. The situation of the Zoo can be liken to a person living with big snake in his house. The house owner refused to remove the snake when it was small because he thought he can handle it. It's just a small snake, so he thought. Now that the snake has grown very big, the man dare not get close to the snake talk more of removing it from his house. This is the current situation of buhari govt. Always living in lies and denial.

Zoogerians should brace up for fuel price increase!!
You talk sense but you take zoo spoil am
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by onyxo76(m): 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2017
superbouck:
Fuel scarcity
Power outage everywhr
Long queue in the banks
I'm just tired of Nigeria already l swear.
my brother na the situation ooo, I withdrew money since Monday morning, no time to waste for bank for this kain time.
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by waveman2: 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2017
Ur area is not Abuja. Fuel queue will disappear in abuja(sorry Nigeria by weekend).

mighty2:
it is unbearable for us.in our area they are selling petrol #350/l and this stupid nnpc are telling us nw that queue will dissapear this weekend.buhari you are in aso rock nw,enjoying yourself and nigerians are suffering.i pray that you too will suffer.
Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by wristbangle: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2017
They spoke the truth. Fuel has indeed disappeared.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend by pawesome(m): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2017
Na wich of d weekends?

Cz all of a sudden,dis present government weekend de different from ours

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Benefits From Africa-russia Summit Held In Sochi / Senate Approves Buhari’s Request For $8.325 Milliom, €490 Milion External Loans / Biafrans buy Armoured tanker for explosion PHOTOS

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.