Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,665 members, 7,840,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League (6789 Views)

Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. / Lack Of Textbooks Causes Mass Failure In Neco Exams -ubeb Official / Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by Wrex(m): 10:21am On Apr 06, 2010
The Emir is foolish.This same leaders made it a law that students should not be made to repeat a class.In essence,if you have f9 all through,you would still be promoted.What a shame
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by zenus(m): 10:22am On Apr 06, 2010
wrong news
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by Niiade(m): 10:23am On Apr 06, 2010
its a shame we like to cut of our heads when we have headaches instead of using paracetomol,ur great emir talks of the epl, he might not be wrong but are we facing the major problem with education really.
-seriously bad funding
-lack of motivation to serious and enlight childern
-corruption
-lack of good moral
-bad parenting
-unemployment
when you finish the whole school runs do you get a job you want no, you get a job that pays a graduate 15,000 a month, sore is life,
we have so many problem with education in this country we sweep it under the carpet,
parents help their wards to cheat these days, then when wedding bells ring they want a rich in-law who is a cheat they still dont care, its all about the green note these days, why will they read when all you need to do is yahoo-yahoo, runs, jazz, elections thugs, i did my youth service in a state where teacher didnt even have bicycles, but uneducated thugs drove 4 runners, glof and lived the good life, who want to be a teacher these day when you break your back in the class room and break it even more when you want to collect your pension, abeg class room my foot.?
the government provide no grants for education, parent encourage cheating, lecturers will only have sex with a student to pass sop why read the society encourages all.
they say the society makes a thief, and a man who hasnt stole really has not had the opportunity to do so. we are about the witness destruction in our future and we are watching,
stay tuned
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by zenus(m): 10:42am On Apr 06, 2010
It's an excuse, I don't think watching league can lead to such mass failure. after all if u take satistic of ppl taken de exams in Nigeria the exam is less than 3%.

Girls don't like watching league, so what is the cause of failure in girls, is it Nigeria Film?
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by Niiade(m): 10:45am On Apr 06, 2010
na wa ooo
we watch the epl here in nigeria paying 40-50 naira to enter viewing centres, we rarely buy jerseys, mug and club merchanise
in england they pay from 2500-50,000 to watch a match, they support their clubs to death, some die for their clubs,fight for their clubs, they buy merchanise like hell they are more addicted than we are but is educational standard falling over there, is there mass failure over there.
we better talk sense and stop the talk nonsense.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by victorazy(m): 11:06am On Apr 06, 2010
Rubbish, what about girls. Are ladies enthusiastic to watch football like guys tu? The truth is that, govt. have neglected our school busy building their own school and leave public "govt sch" non-qualified teacher has taking over while the capable hands don't find it more profitable for them to lay on.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by cvibe1: 11:12am On Apr 06, 2010
That Emir must be something else.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by otokx(m): 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2010
Did the Emir do a research on this before coming up with a conclusion?
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by slyk2(m): 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2010
This debate is coming timely.
There are lots of real reasons for this mass filure but we will always look a different way from the realities.

=are our teachers qualified and motivated?

=what are they teaching?

=does the parents have any idea of what their children will make out of the schools they attend?

Things will continue to go worse until we return to the basics. We are shouting about failure in WAEC, try bringing up a conversation with a Nigerian graduate and you will understand where are headed to.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by Edwinoh: 1:01pm On Apr 06, 2010
Sometimes i wonder if we where any different from our forefathers  whom while Europe and America where developing their countries and making outstanding leap in technology , where only giving time to the number of wives they could marry and the amount of gin they could consume per sitting. it only gave them "momentary joy" football no different as they present it to us today .Can anyone tell me why the things that will bring long term joy to us especially from these “whites” are not given to us freely but are concealed ? We advocate technology transfer yet they would not give to us .We should hastily not forget that while they give us “momentary joy” from football they have their scientist working tirelessly to make new strides .Africans wake up and don’t forget a man whose house is in disarray should think of a way of escape .Only those who have a third eye would understand what the emir's position on football   and the “fan thing” is. It is only targeted at wasting destinies in Africa especially as it has engulfed the youths like wildfire”. Same humans like us with one brain think of how to build those gigantic stadiums of theirs and organize the so called league matches.Time properly invested is destiny built. Let’s wake up from this “madness”
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by SeXyBoNE: 5:04pm On Apr 06, 2010
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge!
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by denny4ril: 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2010
i partly agree with that notion. u know why? students know wat and wat about clubs and champions league but are less dedicated to academics these days
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by Ifebazz(m): 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2010
De emir is really short sighted like most of his political fellows. EPL cos of mass failure? Outrageously stupid. It den means dat no child can even read 'Brighter Grammar' in Europe. Believe u me, if all northern teachers sit WAEC or NECO witout expo, 80% will flunck it. I served der & i kw wat i saw. Nw emir can yap on, is/was any of his children in any public sch? Wat of bad road, eratic power, corruption, electoral malpractices, hidden president etc? He shld go 2 sleep.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by GeorgeD1(m): 7:45am On Apr 07, 2010
i wonder why the emir didn't blame nollywood, dstv or gsm?

no thanks to the prevalence of cheap chinese handsets, almost
every student is a walking dj nowadays! grin
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by PurestBoy(m): 11:05am On Apr 07, 2010
This is a weeding emir
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by Edwinoh: 11:24am On Apr 07, 2010
those who see beyond the Emir's speech with their "mind's eye" understand his point ;if but we can commit the same time,energy and vigour to celebrate those who committed same to their personal lives to become stars and multi-millionaires a little of such in our career would producing outstanding results.The level of this "fan thing" is becoming quite alarming .I still believe only lazy and unproductive minds commit to this "League stuff" even the ant knows time is precious in building a castle
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by edoyad(m): 11:48am On Apr 07, 2010
^ i pity you. Some of the most successful people in this world are avid sports fans. The best economies in the world today have youths who are crazy in love with sports. 1. US 2. GERMANY 3. JAPAN. 4. AUSTRALIA 4. BRASIL 5. INDIA 6. SOUTH AFRICA ,should i go on ? Don't speak from ignorance please.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by omenka(m): 11:55am On Apr 10, 2010
denny4ril:

i partly agree with that notion. u know why? students know wat and wat about clubs and champions league but are less dedicated to academics these days

you wld do well to tell us how many EPL fans in england fail their exams as woefully! angry
when they fail to do thier assignment they find someone or something to blame it on. when has any leader in nigeria ever come out to say " i'm sorry i failed you people. it is my fault this went wrong" angry the'v become experts at 'scapegotery'!
cvibe1:

That Emir must be something else.
sure dude he's my bum and d only things that come outta it r FART and SHIT! angry
ARRANT NONSENCE!
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by olinco: 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2010
PLEASE LET NO ONE BLAME THE EMIR. HE IS INDEED RIGHT. THERE'S TOO MUCH OBSESSION TO FRIVOLITIES AMONG STUDENTS. ALTHOUGH I MUST AGREE DAT IT VARIES FROM INDIVIDUALS TO INDIVIDUALS. THE TRUTH IS, EXCESSES ON THE PARTS OF KIDS/STUDENTS SHLD BE CURBED OR DISCOURAGED. FOR INSTANCE, I HAVE COUSINS WHO ARE DULL ACADEMICALLY BUT THEY ARE FANTASTICIN Handling coreldraw, photoshop etc. IN FACT, AM DONE DAT THOUGHT DEM. IT JUST BAFFLES ME DAT THEY DONT ASSIMILATE THEIR AS COMPYTERS THAT I THOUGHT THEM. THEY R VERSE IN EPL, LALIGA ETC TOO.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by haronky7: 10:45pm On Apr 10, 2010
Watching English Premiership football is different from addiction to TV, computer games and other non-essentials

Failure in exams is multfactoral in origin, and I do not say that parents don't have a role

We are too quick to postulate in Naija for sure, but the major problem might lay @ the doors of the teachers for example. I remember those days when people postulated we change the name of Green Eagles to Super Eagles following repeated bashings because according to them,' no eagle is green'. But it seems our lot havent changed much either. Up Eagles, oh I mean, Up Man U! grin grin grin
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by GeorgeD1(m): 9:43am On Apr 12, 2010
Edwinoh:

those who see beyond the Emir's speech with their "mind's eye" understand his point ;if but we can commit the same time,energy and vigour to celebrate those who committed same to their personal lives to become stars and multi-millionaires a little of such in our career would producing outstanding results.The level of this "fan thing" is becoming quite alarming .I still believe only lazy and unproductive minds commit to this "League stuff" even the ant knows time is precious in building a castle

you got a point there.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by jaybee(f): 4:43pm On Apr 13, 2010

the Emir of Minna in Niger State, Dr Umar Farouq Bahago, has blamed the trend on addiction of Nigerian youth on the English premier league and other football leagues around the world.

The monarch noted the attachment of students to the European league at the expense of their studies, adding that those not involved were either concentrating on hip hop music or other unnecessary things.

The Emir ,  also blamed parents for their failure to monitor the educational pursuits of their children, saying that things of the world had taken over the attention of parents.

He said that for the education sector of the country to be revived, all stakeholders must rise to check the current downward trend, warning that if this is not done, the future of the country could be in jeopardy.

@ edoyad and others

First, there is a first class Emir in Minna, Alh. Dr Umar Farouq Bahago, distinct from the Etsu Nupe. This shows you went for a jamboree, and not service, in Minna as you claimed.

Secondly, the mass failure rate of 98%, without any statistics at all, indicates that the virus cuts across the entire gamut of the nation not just the north as your skewed minds are misdirecting your already polluted thoughts.

Thirdly, look at the emphasized (in bold italics) quotation from the report in question (not the Emir’s direct speech). The man is making a strong case of a grave situation (addiction to sensual vices) at hand, and because of your obsession to these vices, you’ll never see reason in it, thinking, erroneously, he is calling for their broadcast to be barred in Nigerian skies.

I said “look at the emphasized (in bold italics) quotation” because I know (from most responses) most of the posters are just responding to the misleading sensational headline and not the content of the report, as usual in NL.

For the reasonable mind, the Emir’s remarks on the subject matter do not need any further clarification. However, to those imbecilic acute tendencies, who are evidently not in short supply in NL, some patient posters have done a good job of explanation here.

Your consistent show of ignorance and intolerance is making me allergic to this forum.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by Nigerd(m): 7:25pm On Apr 13, 2010
@ Topic

I initially disagree with him until Manchester lost the Semi Final Slot to Bayern last Wednesday, the wide celebration lasted for about 3 hours and most of the jubilant celeb were student that are due top write Exams this week and if u ask this guys i pin in their subject they will give nothing,

my fellow NL's the ladies are the worst, all they know is Films, (Indian Films, Nigeria English and Yoruba Films, Seasons Films Despirate House Wives, Mexican Films)

Igba Ose, Could this be Love, Bone on my Neck, Ori, Shari Khan, Devdas and many other.

We need National Prayers for this things end,

Less I 4gt, Cheating contribute to their failure, Students of this days are too lazy to read and prepare for Challenges,
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by AjanleKoko: 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2010
Utter nonsense.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by webbjamie(m): 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2010
The emir's logic is tenable when u consider the fact that he sees only 1 facet of this problem of mass failure.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by GeorgeD1(m): 9:13am On Apr 14, 2010
up man uuuuuu! grin
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2010
WHAT THE EMIR ACTUALLY SAID

"the Emir of Minna in Niger State, Dr Umar Farouq Bahago, has blamed the trend on addiction of Nigerian youth on the English premier league and other football leagues around the world.

The monarch noted the attachment of students to the European league at the expense of their studies, adding that those not involved were either concentrating on hip hop music or other unnecessary things.

The Emir, also blamed parents for their failure to monitor the educational pursuits of their children, saying that things of the world had taken over the attention of parents.

He said that for the education sector of the country to be revived, all stakeholders must rise to check the current downward trend, warning that if this is not done, the future of the country could be in jeopardy."
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2010
Ask yourself "did I see the Emir's word before joining the bandwagon to cast aspersions on him"
“The opinions of ten thousand men are of no value, if none of them know anything about the subject.”
“The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
Aurelius

Lest we become embroiled in twisting facts and ungodly recrimination (symptoms of xenophobic-tribalistic predisposition) of anything connected to Northern Hausa Muslims,  even when there are no justifications.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” Coretta Scott King
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately." Michel de Montaigne

Think about it.
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by Nigerd(m): 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2010
AIRDIG:

Ask yourself "did I see the Emir's word before joining the bandwagon to cast aspersions on him"
“The opinions of ten thousand men are of no value, if none of them know anything about the subject.”
“The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
Aurelius

Lest we become embroiled in twisting facts and ungodly recrimination (symptoms of xenophobic-tribalistic predisposition) of anything connected to Northern Hausa Muslims,  even when there are no justifications.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” Coretta Scott King
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately." Michel de Montaigne

Think about it.

My brother u talk true
Re: Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League by GeorgeD1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2010
na wao! pls lets try and take it easy oooo! one luv!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna Slams Curfew On Zangon-kataf / Signs Of Normalcy In Many Parts Of Borno Slim –UN Agency / Enough Of Lies, Propaganda, Outright Falsehood, Ajimobi’s Aides Warn Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.