Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,439 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again (14812 Views)

Anambra Scores Highest In NECO Exams. Records Almost 80% In 2015 Exams. / Lack Of Textbooks Causes Mass Failure In Neco Exams -ubeb Official / Emir Blames Failure In Neco On English Premier League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by MRMoneyE(m): 4:29am On Sep 21, 2010
|[b] [size=14pt]Print | E-mail
Written by Dipo Laleye, Minna
Tuesday, 21 September 2010

THE National Examination Council (NECO), on Monday, released the results of the June/July Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE), which showed another poor performance by candidates that sat for the examination.

While a total of 1,143, 169 candidates registered for the examination, 1,132,357 actually sat for the examination.

A breakdown of the results showed that only 244,456 candidates passed English Language at credit level while 279,974 passed Mathematics.

Forty-three per cent of the number of candidates that sat for the examination passed at credit level in Biology, just as 29.49 per cent attained the same level in Physics and 36.18 per cent in Chemistry.

The analysis also showed that apart from Financial Accounting and Music, in which 40 per cent of the candidates recorded credit level passes, credit passes in other subjects were below 40 per cent.

The implication of the results, according to education experts, is that by virtue of the results released, over 60 per cent of the 1,132,357 candidates that sat for the examination would not gain admission to any Nigerian university.

Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of NECO, Professor Promise Okpala, who announced the release of the results but declined to give a summary of the outcome, described the results as fair, but said it was not the responsibility of the body to determine candidates that would gain admission into universities.

Okpala said that the level of malpractices had also reduced as only 615,010 cases were recorded, adding that Ekiti, Rivers, Kaduna, Enugu and Nasarawa states topped the list.

The registrar advised candidates that sat for the examination to check their results on the examination body’s website, using the scratch card and examination numbers used for registration and the examination.[/size] [/b]

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/11331-mass-failure-in-neco-exams-again
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Omolulu(m): 4:32am On Sep 21, 2010
wonderful!!
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by MRMoneyE(m): 4:34am On Sep 21, 2010
I continue to wonder,  these young boys and girls what do they now think with their  coco yam heads?  Because I remebered
when we were writing WAEC, we faced it as if our life depended on it

Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Odunnu: 6:37am On Sep 21, 2010
Ewwww!
@Mr Money,its really a shame.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by slap1(m): 7:03am On Sep 21, 2010
I wrote only WAEC in my time, no money for NECO. But I passed, thank God.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by atikubaba(m): 7:30am On Sep 21, 2010
I think the govt should tak radical steps. If the poresent generation are like this d next may be worse
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by atikubaba(m): 7:31am On Sep 21, 2010
I think the govt should tak radical steps. If the present generation is like this d next may be worse
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by oderemo(m): 7:38am On Sep 21, 2010
now think with their coco yam heads
blame it on faji fuji and bling bling.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Bishopking: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2010
I think failure to have at least 4 credits should attract death penalty.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by MRMoneyE(m): 8:49am On Sep 21, 2010
Bishopking:

I think failure to have at least 4 credits should attract death penalty.

, That is hyper punishment for our brothers and sisters grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2010
ode remo:

blame it on faji fuji and bling bling.
I remembered those days when the front of our exercise books used to have inscription like '' scholars,exercise books and many other motivational captions'' but these days,what you see are pictures of paloma and diego,terry G,Timaya,Aki and paw-paw,Drogba,Rooney etc.how would these children learn when they are surrounded by bad influence.
MR Money £:

I continue to wonder,  these young boys and girls what do they now think with their  coco yam heads?  Because I remebered
when we were writing WAEC, we faced it as if our life depended on it

Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by MRMoneyE(m): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I remembered those days when the front of our exercise books used to have inscription like '' scholars,exercise books and many other motivational captions'' but these days,what you see are pictures of paloma and diego,terry G,Timaya,Aki and paw-paw,Drogba,Rooney etc.how would these children learn when they are surrounded by bad influence.

LMAOF
, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, BLAME IT ON THE ABOVE INDEED
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by slap1(m): 9:06am On Sep 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Ya got a point there. The only un-academic picture on my exercise book in those days was a dull picture of a man/woman taking a high jump, with the inscription OLYMPICS written above.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Kx: 9:09am On Sep 21, 2010
Those days, we were positively influenced by the works of shakespear,chinua achebe etc

Today, every young person want to either play football, become a timaya or terry g, star in homevideo, weda
yoruba, hausa or ibo, hit quick pay anyhow, or better still grow up and be a politifcian.

Do u need 9credits in waec or neco to drive hummer? The kids are learning fast. The society is the ultimate teacher.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Spot on, I remember those bigger notes too: 80leaves with "University" inscribed on it, etc. Pretty saddening, things are different now.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 21, 2010
these days, there are so many distractions for these young people, and strictly speaking who are we to blame them for the mass failure in WAEC/NECO exams? Distractions in the home, , especially on TV screen we've got Maltina Family Dance Hall, Naija Sings, Great Talent Hunt Show, Who want to be a Millionaire, Project Fame, Peak Talent Show, West African Idol, Nigeria Idol etc. (all promoting music!) [s]as if music is the only talent that we've got in here!!![/s]. I tell you most of these programs are not helpful, smiley
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by MRMoneyE(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2010
OlowoTee:

these days, there are so many distractions for these young people, and strictly speaking who are we to blame them for the mass failure in WAEC/NECO exams? Distractions in the home, , especially on TV screen we've got Maltina Family Dance Hall, Naija Sings, Great Talent Hunt Show, Who want to be a Millionaire, Project Fame, Peak Talent Show, West African Idol, Nigeria Idol etc. (all promoting music!) [s]as if music is the only talent that we've got in here!!![/s]. I tell you most of these programs are not helpful, smiley

These children you will see them inside one brother Sam shop playing and betting, they devote their precious time on FIFA 10 playstation, sega games
Mario and the likes, playing away with their future
?
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 21, 2010
I have 5 Distinction while in SS2 doing GCE only miss english P7 at SS2 and in WAEC i have A2 in Physics, A1 Biology, C5 Maths, Chemistry A1,Geography A3, Econmics A1, so when i see kids of nowadays , i just wonder for Nigeria.

Most of them are Buzy with DSTV, Big Brother Africa, Premier League, Blackberry Phone Extra cool, AM SORRY FOR nIGERIA
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 21, 2010
Most of our coming generations and younger ones those not set their priority right, i reall that while i was in secondary school i have 5 Higher education for Each subject, Physci, i have a Book for Mechanics, Atomic physics,Eletricity,Light; Chemistry i have a Book for Gas,Organic Chemistry, Practical,Hydrocarbons etc i have aproach for each subject of Study.

Hardly do we want TV then the only the that is common is Video Tape and which we watch once in a week on saturday to be precise,and i read atleast 5hours in a day but today the story is different kid are watch films in series on DVD spending atleast 5hrs watching film, like Prison Breaks, 24 hours films, Premier league,champions leageu, barca, Arsenal, Man U, Cartoon Network, etc

I was with a friend sometimes ago and saw her kid watch does films and they are buzy with it and imagine she is the 1 that even bought the films for them.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by jamace(m): 10:57am On Sep 21, 2010
Some people working in the NECO office are thanking God because they will collect atleast 10k each to upgrade the result for the failures. This is Naija, they will tell you. Corruption go kill us. sad sad
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by monkeyleg: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2010
This is what happens when your rather spend 87Bn Naira on voters register than invest in the future of our kids. How fantastic that the FG got it so wrong.

What is the FG budget on Education?

A saying goes "you pay peanuts, you get monkeys"
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Mobinga: 11:41am On Sep 21, 2010
Wow!!! These kids are really going bad!! In my time, I wrote WAEC as if I wouldn't have sex in my life again. . so i struggled and struggled and came out with flying colours. . . .
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Jarus(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2010
Posters should shoudl always endeavour to include source in their news items.
Here is the source of this story: http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/11331-mass-failure-in-neco-exams-again
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by axeman85(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2010
Shame too many ps3 soccer games, musi music music, too much telly na im dey worry them. in my own time, waec time be like graveyard na absolute dedication to books and noting more as we all wan pass enter university then. no money for private university or resit or gce so na must pass but guess the trends nowadays is changed. too many options. if 9ja no work if ya parents get money them fly u abroad. undecided
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2010
What else is new?
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Nwandol: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2010
[color=#006600][/color] lipsrsealed naija we heal u
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Echidime(m): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
Is a good sign that not everyone is destined to work in an air conditioned office, they should be sent to the Agricultural department,to help produce more food for the nation thats why they keep failing,their calling or destiny is farming to take care and develop  that sector of the nations economy
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by ademocrat(m): 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2010
Quote from: MR Money £ on Today at 04:34:11 AM
I continue to wonder,  these young boys and girls what do they now think with their  coco yam heads?  Because I remebered
when we were writing WAEC, we faced it as if our life depended on it  ,
no body won read this days, no motivation, no recommended text etc
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by zionsown: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2010
wetin una dey talk why blame the student, the truth of the matter is that the government has failed this genertion, check the persentage of people that passed this exams if they are not from private schools where they are been taught properly and in the private schools they make sure their student are prepared by arranging mock exams for them, do these things happen in the government schools, its a shame becos firstly the so called government schools is not free they are being paid for in some state what is suppose to be free for the student and yet they cant use the money raised to even open a nice library for them.
look around these schools today and tell me which one of those have library, when i was in university of benin the lecturer will come to class and dictate maths for us, where dat kind thing for they happen, i read diploma in applied microbilogy from the university of benin, where i never saw a microscope. so pls pls pls lets not blame it on the student but instead blame it on the educational system that is not properly placed, pheeeew rubbish things. shame on nigeria government.
i never knew i was these brilliant until i got to the uk where i see things in practice and i have the opportunity to put theories to practice, that is how you learn.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by agabaI23(m): 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2010
I thought they started NECO because they said WAEC was very difficult and many people failed?
Now they are failing NECO too? They should get another one, NECOling that will be easier.

Instead of tackling the decadence in education they are busy looking for a cheap way out.

Here we are!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by Billsmith: 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2010
That is what is supposed to be. I love That. Students of nowadays are no more serious in their studies. I just remember TDB that is "till day break" we do all aways during our school days. Corruption has taken over our students nowadays cos they all depend on examination malpractices to succeed and it has fail them. Who, then is the cause of this malpractice;
1. Students
2. Parents
3. Government.
4. WAEC and NECO offficials and
5. Teachers.
They all contribute in one way or the other in this legal corruption that has been eating up our educational system.
Re: Mass Failure In Neco Exams Again by MRMoneyE(m): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2010
agabaI23:

I thought they started NECO because they said WAEC was very difficult and many people failed?
Now they are failing NECO too? They should get another one, NECOling that will be easier.

Instead of tackling the decadence in education they are busy looking for a cheap way out.

Here we are!!!!!!!!!!!

May be we should help them with another Exam body name NECOLING grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Removal of Subsidy Without Provision of Palliative Is Wickedness / Fani-kayode To Amaechi: We’re Not Losing Any Sleep Over Your Threat To Sue / Ministers Will Sign Performance Bond With Tinubu, Says Hadiza Bala Usman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.