Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,690 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products (16160 Views)

Osinbajo Walks On Kpako Bridge Due To Flood (Pictured) / Nigerians Won’t Go Into New Year With Petrol Scarcity – NNPC / Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Holds Press Conference (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by ajebuter(f): 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2017
Useless government

Useless NNPC

Useless marketers

God punish una

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by DaudaAbu(m): 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2017
GavelSlam:

Agreed.

Nigeria is filled with Nigerians.

Until we Nigerians begin to do what is proper as found in other climes, not even our Saviour can change our situation .

The scarcity is deliberate and we all know this, even if we deny it for whatever reasons that appeal to our prejudices.

My gut feeling is, due to the price of the barrel in the international market, marketers are not satisfied with their margins and they are pushing for an increase as they always do.

Unfortunately it would lead to a rise in the price of other goods and services should this happen.

Nigeria is made up of Nigerians .

We are not interested in the Nation but how much we can make today.

Sustainability is a lost word in the Nigerian lexicon.

Why are nigerians choosing to ignore PENGASSAN and instead focusing on the gov't.

All this scarcity was initiated becos d grp went on a day strike, but frm when they release word dat they might go on strike, dats when the scarcity started

Y do they hav to go on dat strike in Dec is the Question. And would the union undo all this sufferinb they've made people go thru if their demands are met?

The announcement by PENGASSAN to proceed on strike is believed to have worsened the fuel scarcity across the country as marketers hoarded the product in anticipation of the strike and petrol users resorted to panic buying.

The fuel scarcity across the country has resulted in price increase by filling stations in some states.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/252906-fuel-scarcity-pengassan-suspended-strike.html

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by abiolamitodun(m): 9:51pm On Dec 23, 2017
erifeoluwasimi:
bia, who are you deceivin
don't mind the idiot
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by PHILipu1(m): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2017
pawesome:
not just ani kinda goat...a big fat ugly useless pathetic one
Please does it also mean that people like you that were also supporting PDP and Jonathan to continue even when we were still paying subsidy and were still having queues every year are goats too?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by wristbangle: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2017
The real reason for this fuel scarcity is not really clear to me now.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by ModsWillKillNL: 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2017
kettykin:
i give up on Nigeria

No Capital Oil, kpele. I feel your pain.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by kokomilala(m): 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
This government rode on the rhythmic mantra of CHANGE, promising to undo all the ills of this nation. Well, I wasn't taken in by their bogus promises, in part, because it's a party or elite club of the spent forces that misled this country. So, what we're experiencing now:fuel scarcity, ineptitude of governance, state corruption etc.,shouldn't come as a shock to neutrals. People can only give what they have.
If in the 21st century that the West is making inroads in technology :space exploration, renewable energy sources, etc., we are still grappling with fuel shortage, nagging power ills, I'm afraid, Nigeria is a near failed state, a near failed enterprise, a disappointment to her God. Until people in leadership positions humbly, sacrificially lead, there can never be any headway in progress. What we will continue to witness is this hideous style of leadership that shows a yawning gap between the affluent lifestyle of leaders and the abject hardship characteristic of the masses.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by GavelSlam: 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
DaudaAbu:

Why are nigerians choosing to ignore PENGASSAN and instead focusing on the gov't.

All this scarcity was initiated becos d grp went on a day strike, but frm when they release word dat they might go on strike, dats when the scarcity started

Y do they hav to go on dat strike in Dec is the Question. And would the union undo all this sufferinb they've made people go thru if their demands are met?

Because we've become polarised.

We've become anarchists also lost our sense of patriotism.

For most it is either religion, tribe or party.

Many know it is the handiwork of the marketers but many want to put it at the doorstep of the government.

Government has its failing but this is mostly the act of usurpers.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by obidevine(m): 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2017
Okoyeeboz:

How much per litre are they selling?

Regular price per litre
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by Okoyeeboz: 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
obidevine:

Regular price per litre

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by sshalom(m): 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2017
Needless reactive measures from an incompetent assemblage of leaders!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2017
DrToche:
why does a doctor need to visit another Doctor?I heal mentally ill people ,maybe u need me to see more clearer than u already seeing..
if you're suffering from the disease you treat so you can treat your self
oniregbe
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by Duru009(m): 12:10am On Dec 24, 2017
Keep deceiving Nigerians !
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by Ken4Christ: 12:47am On Dec 24, 2017
I perceive It's a deliberate act to make it difficult for Christians to have a blissful Christmas. Why must it happen during Christmas season always? In additional, most banks don't have money To pay their customers. Even most ATM are not working. All happening at the same time only in Christmas season.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by blacknp(m): 1:09am On Dec 24, 2017
thunderbabs:
Nigeria is a yeye country. America wey no geh fuel for ground sef no dey get scarcity....
Ignorance is a terminal disease,a country that produces 13.5 million barrels of oil a day does not have crude in the ground?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by Reference(m): 2:45am On Dec 24, 2017
davidif:
And here In lies the problem, govt intervention in the free market. Get the govt out of the petroleum industry and let the private sector take over. Sell NNPC, NLNG and those refineries.

The way to prevent this in future is for The govt to liberalize the petroleum sector and let the free market take over. This has proven to work in much saner climes but the Nigerian govt seems to hate logic.

It is their cash cow and scam boat. They won't sell. They are no longer making money from telecoms and power is slowly ebbing away. Do you expect them to give up rhe petroleum sector just like that.

If I was in power I too will not want government to give up that sector because it could make me a killing in a few short weeks. That is why this country cannot develop without the active participation of its most vulnerable peoples, the people that suffer tbe most. Unfortunately they give up theur only powers (elective power) too cheaply and ignorantly. And as long as sentiment and propaganda can be used to manipulate them into cheap electoral decisions then anything goes.

What is stopping us from making concrete, specific demands ahead of thd 2019 polls that whoever comes into government must privatise the petroleum sector before its first term is over and start that debate, now. But the corrupt government will muddle it with ethno-religious sentimentality and the ignorant mases will lose track. The best they will then give are vague promises of 'revamping' the petroleum sector, refurbishment of refineries and other pie in the sky tales. Nothing concrete ever sells in this country.

I'm afraid we are just too ignorant a people to get the kind of quality government we desire.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by pawesome(m): 4:02am On Dec 24, 2017
PHILipu1:

Please does it also mean that people like you that were also supporting PDP and Jonathan to continue even when we were still paying subsidy and were still having queues every year are goats too?
and i never called who i was supporting....

At least even if i was,i was queing for it at a cheaper price without promises been made...and not been a fool at 145
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by t2luv1: 4:33am On Dec 24, 2017
thunderbabs:
Nigeria is a yeye country. America wey no geh fuel for ground sef no dey get scarcity....

Get your fact straight man. USA produces 9.8 Million barrels of crude a day.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by thunderbabs: 6:25am On Dec 24, 2017
blacknp:
Ignorance is a terminal disease,a country that produces 13.5 million barrels of oil a day does not have crude in the ground?

Other pple corrected me without any insult. smiley
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 24, 2017
almsofgold:
A task force should be activated to checkmate hoarding
That is the main problem necessitating scarcity

I don't think so, why does the NNPC need marketers to sell the products they import, when they have stations?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by GeneralOjukwu: 7:05am On Dec 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

Agreed.

Nigeria is filled with Nigerians.

Until we Nigerians begin to do what is proper as found in other climes, not even our Saviour can change our situation .

The scarcity is deliberate and we all know this, even if we deny it for whatever reasons that appeal to our prejudices.

My gut feeling is, due to the price of the barrel in the international market, marketers are not satisfied with their margins and they are pushing for an increase as they always do.

Unfortunately it would lead to a rise in the price of other goods and services should this happen.

Nigeria is made up of Nigerians .

We are not interested in the Nation but how much we can make today.

Sustainability is a lost word in the Nigerian lexicon.
"
The scarcity is deliberate and we all know this, even if we deny it for whatever reasons that appeal to our prejudices"

This is a very powerful statement and it's just 101% true.

PMB has tried his best and failed woefully, but putting all the blame on him is just plain stupidity. Since 1999, we have never had a stress-free Xmas.

Nigeria really needs a tyrannical military ruler to clean it up. Nigerians are on the average prone to lawlessness and are inherently selfish.

When 5 petrol marketers are publicly executed for deliberate economic sabotage, people would sit up.

By the way, those touting textbook economics and saying "let màrket forces determine price" know not what they are saying. I find it hilarious when same is said about forex. Let the true price emerge and you would see 2000Naira to a dollar
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by HENRY940: 7:22am On Dec 24, 2017
" Marketers are strongly advised to stop hoarding fuel......

Lol.

Na by advice ?

This our Government, eh,.... Clowns
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by whyteboyz03(m): 7:45am On Dec 24, 2017
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has intensified efforts to flood the market with Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), otherwise called petrol, and other products.

Already, six major marketers: Total, Forte Oil, Oando Plc, MRS, 11 Plc and Nipco Plc, are now loading products round the clock from their various depots in Lagos for onward trucking to all parts of the Country.

The supplies are mostly from Cargoes of PMS imported to by NNPC which are daily berthing and immediately being made to discharge their products to stem the supply hiccups.

The imported products are also being supplemented by supplies from the local refineries.

NNPC assures Nigerians to remain calm and not to engage in panic buying as the end of the challenge is nigh.

Marketers are strongly advised against hoarding as security agencies, working with industry regulators, would mete out appropriate sanctions to defaulters.

Earlier in the week, NNPC GMD, Dr. Maikanti Baru, had stated that the Corporation’s 1billion litres PMS cargo imports had started to arrive, saying supplies to parts of the country had been doubled to 80million litres per day since the current hiccup in the supply chain was noticed a few days back.

https://politicsngr.com/2017/12/23/fuel-scarcity-nnpc-intensifies-efforts-flood-market-products/

NNPC talking. meanwhile , they have about 10 NNPC stations in PHC that'll only open for business maybe twice a month . What have they even done about their own NNPC stations .
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by PHILipu1(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2017
pawesome:
and i never called who i was supporting....

At least even if i was,i was queing for it at a cheaper price without promises been made...and not been a fool at 145

So,you were still even queing for it even when PDP and Jonathan were paying half subsidy for it?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by pawesome(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2017
PHILipu1:

So,you were still even queing for it even when PDP and Jonathan were paying half subsidy for it?
at least they wia paying half.and if i can recall,queing under jonathan was not every december of his tenure..buh sinc wen ur Alhaji and APC came into power,i que evry december at 145..so since they are not paying fr it,i guess i should suffer more for it abi....

Bros,no mata wetin u talk,we in dis togeda...

So kip calm n njoy
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by Choosensam: 3:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:

But fuel prices will be increased early next year so what yiu gon do
says who?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by Choosensam: 3:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
fitzmayowa:

Nigerians should brace up for 200/ltr sometimes next year the current 145/ltr is not sustainable and the most annoying part is the APC led government not being sincere...

Quote one situation when PDP was sincere?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by Choosensam: 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nbote:
I thought d govt claimed these same marketers were d ones responsible for d scarcity in d first place?? D imbe even mentioned panic buying.. Where is d product before U talk of buying.. I was in a queue earlier dis evening and so many drivers left their vehicle there and went home becos no fuel in d cars. I'm supposed to embark on a trip tomoro and blew d little fuel I had jumping from one queue to d other and still haven't bought. If U still support dis govt U are no different from a goat and an Imbe..

Always take your drugs before coming online
Re: Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products by davidif: 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2017
Reference:

It is their cash cow and scam boat. They won't sell. They are no longer making money from telecoms and power is slowly ebbing away. Do you expect them to give up rhe petroleum sector just like that.

If I was in power I too will not want government to give up that sector because it could make me a killing in a few short weeks. That is why this country cannot develop without the active participation of its most vulnerable peoples, the people that suffer tbe most. Unfortunately they give up theur only powers (elective power) too cheaply and ignorantly. And as long as sentiment and propaganda can be used to manipulate them into cheap electoral decisions then anything goes.

What is stopping us from making concrete, specific demands ahead of thd 2019 polls that whoever comes into government must privatise the petroleum sector before its first term is over and start that debate, now. But the corrupt government will muddle it with ethno-religious sentimentality and the ignorant mases will lose track. The best they will then give are vague promises of 'revamping' the petroleum sector, refurbishment of refineries and other pie in the sky tales. Nothing concrete ever sells in this country.

I'm afraid we are just too ignorant a people to get the kind of quality government we desire.

The barriers to entry into Nigerian politics is way too high. INEC needs to change the rules to allow multiple parties and independent candidates to get in the game that way people don't have to go through PDP, APC and other establishment parties. Anyone who can summon at least 200 signatures should be allowed to run for office this way we have waaaay much better candidates running for office.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ / Afenifere Criticize Buhari Over "Trekking From Lagos To Ibadan" Comment / Tinubu Suspends Rural Electrification Agency MD, Ahmad Salihijo, 3 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.