Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer (5831 Views)

I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu / Goodluck Jonathan Offer Nigerian Police To Help England To Help Quell The Riots / Nyako Rejected Jonathan’s Offer To Be Vp! It's All Obj's Doing! Read More Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by sammyzacks(m): 8:32pm On Apr 04, 2010
Nuhu Ribadu, the former chief of Nigeria's anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has accepted an offer from Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, to be his special adviser on anti-corruption, good governance and sundry matters.

Presidency sources said at the weekend that Mr. Ribadu is expected to resume "in a matter of weeks" in Abuja. As part of his remit, Mr. Ribadu will be the presidential anchorman supervising the broad anti-corruption platform of the country which includes his former agency, the EFCC; the ICPC; the Code of Conduct Bureau and other related agencies.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5549547-146/the_return_of_ribadu__.csp
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by ReachRich(m): 9:26pm On Apr 04, 2010
Ribadu should learn from his past mistakes in EFCC.He should not be used a a political tool to withchhunt other perceived political enemies of the government of the day.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2010
The dude should use this chance to redeem his image once more
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by gidson12(m): 10:54pm On Apr 04, 2010
USarmy:

The dude should use this chance to redeem his image once more
ReachRich:

Ribadu should learn from his past mistakes in EFCC.He should not be used a a political tool to withchhunt other perceived political enemies of the government of the day.
i agree with both of u
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by deb(m): 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2010
Good development from jonathan
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by nethacker(m): 1:12am On Apr 05, 2010
Now is the time for other looters like bankole and the likes to use d back door as an escape route grin grin
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by boladez(m): 2:48am On Apr 05, 2010
MAke dem seal all our borders o!!!
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by OAM4J: 5:53am On Apr 05, 2010
sammyzacks:

Nuhu Ribadu, the former chief of Nigeria's anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has accepted an offer from Acting President Goodluck Jonathan, to be his special adviser on anti-corruption, good governance and sundry matters.

Presidency sources said at the weekend that Mr. Ribadu is expected to resume "in a matter of weeks" in Abuja. As part of his remit, Mr. Ribadu will be the presidential anchorman supervising the broad anti-corruption platform of the country which includes his former agency, the EFCC; the ICPC; the Code of Conduct Bureau and other related agencies.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5549547-146/the_return_of_ribadu__.csp

who are these 'presidency sources'?

I'll wait for an official announcement first.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by stormm: 9:06am On Apr 05, 2010
Chei, see matter. Ibori go ruuunnnnn o. Odili wey your face?
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by nethacker(m): 9:13am On Apr 05, 2010
stormm:

Chei, see matter. Ibori go ruuunnnnn  o. Odili wey your face?
ibori is missin already grin i think he heard of jonathan's plan to bring ribadu as special adviser so immediately the guy turned into needle grin grin

Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by chidichris(m): 9:27am On Apr 05, 2010
jonathan is just a non existing president. he is a gost president.
why is it that the leadership of nigeria continues to rotate among these old names even when our environments are not improving?
does it mean nigeria will remain as it is forever?
the mention of ribadu and el rufai in any carbinet signifies the full return of obasanjo to power.
we are going back to the looting madness of 1999 to 2007.
pdp and the obasanjo led criminal cabals are at it again.
new wine in old jars.
brother, na the same people.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by sammyzacks(m): 10:29am On Apr 05, 2010
@chidichris

What are your fears? Would you call Ribadu old stock?
No he is not. He was just pushed out by enemies of progress. He has been consulting for the US and the world bank. we need him still.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by dedeike: 10:56am On Apr 05, 2010
@chidichris you never cease to amuse me with ur comments. The world knows that Ribadu is the anti corruption czar.A man who secured over 52 convictions including top shots like IG of police, Senate President,Ministers,Governor Alams. Ribadu established prima facie evidence of corruption against 31 governors and had prosecuted 6 of them including Orji Kalu, your paymaster.Ribadu's sin is that he made Ibori to spend his xmas in kaduna prison.Its on record that Ribadu rejected a bribe of 15 million dollars given to him by Ibori.Even the CBN governor has corroborated this fact.Ribadu is held in high esteem by the whole world.Hilary clinton made it clear that anti graft war in Nigeria stoped when Ribadu left. The US congress gave him a standing ovation.EU offered millions of euros as grant. The brazillian bank that was duped by Nwude & co.are full of praises for the recovery of their 242 million dollars.Every one saw all these except you
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by peace107: 10:57am On Apr 05, 2010
How sincere is this guy? He could not find anything wrong in Bode George's administration (NPA), where things were actually done without due process, @ least whr Bode leaves now can tell how clean Bode was. D same Ribadu that left d likes of Sarakis' family, Uba, Alao Akala, Fani Kayode & other PDP family but was busy chasing Tinubu & other anti PDP/Obasanjo. Are we sure is not coming back to continue chasing Fashola & other anti PDP?
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by wirinet(m): 11:13am On Apr 05, 2010
I hope Ribadu does not go back to his old gestapo ways of locking up people for months without trial, harassing and detaining legislators until they impeach their governors, and declaring who is corrupt or innocent on the pages of newspaper and therefore screening politicians on who is eligible to run for office.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by lannre(m): 11:23am On Apr 05, 2010
Time will judge
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Sunofgod(m): 11:26am On Apr 05, 2010
Can Jonathan hurry and send the presidential jet for the guy - sharp sharp!

Nigeria is spiralling out of control.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by kokoA(m): 11:42am On Apr 05, 2010
Oh! When is my wiz kid coming back to place ibori where he belongs.?
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by wirinet(m): 11:52am On Apr 05, 2010
kokoA:

Oh! When is my wiz kid coming back to place ibori where he belongs.?

You kid cannot put Ibori anywhere, he can never have such powers, the person that has the power to put Ibori where he belongs is the Judges handling the case.

Once the case is in court, the case has left the purview of the EFCC or any other person, except the judges.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by totalfact(m): 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2010
This is like a dream.
to start with, what of all the allegation against him.
does it mean now that, he was somehow falsely alleged?
this country is something else!
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by wirinet(m): 12:28pm On Apr 05, 2010
totalfact:

This is like a dream.
to start with, what of all the allegation against him.
does it mean now that, he was somehow falsely alleged?
this country is something else!

That is the way the cookie crumbles in Nigeria. Once a government changes, a former accused becomes innocent and a former innocent becomes accused, Just like Ribadu declared Akitu guilty during OBJ's government and he became innocent under Yaradua, even when Ribadu was still at the helms of affairs at EFCC.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by cap28: 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2010
chidichris:

jonathan is just a non existing president. he is a gost president.
why is it that the leadership of nigeria continues to rotate among these old names even when our environments are not improving?
does it mean nigeria will remain as it is forever?
the mention of ribadu and el rufai in any carbinet signifies the full return of obasanjo to power.
we are going back to the looting madness of 1999 to 2007.
pdp and the obasanjo led criminal cabals are at it again.
new wine in old jars.
brother, na the same people.

chidichris i agree with you 100% - jonathan is a lame duck puppet -he has no real power - the foreign oil companies are running nigeria from behind the scenes and they can veto any decision being taken in nigeria which is not in line with what they want - look at how they are interfering with the petroleum ministerial position and the petroleum reform bill which is yet to be passed because of their insistance that its provisions are not favourable to them, ribadu is coming back to continue from where he left off - but this time to hound enemies of jonathan and his cronies, this EFFCC is nothing more than a kind of secret police organisation used to take out of circulation people who might stand in the way of Jonathan and his cronies. Definitely old wine in new jars.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by marocguy(m): 12:36pm On Apr 05, 2010
I believe ribadu has grown up in politics. I just believe
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by yeswecan(m): 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2010
Yaradua is far batter than Jonathan, at least he released himself from the grip of OBJ . . the return of Ribadu signifies OBJ's return . .
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by violent(m): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2010
My boy is coming home- - - -
He's gon put his foot down their throat,
see em running for covers

They got our message when we said "Enough is damn Enough"

They are giving us back our anti corruption czar

Many more will take the James Ibori approach,
other confident ones will turn neighbors with Bode George!

My boy is coming home!
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by violent(m): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2010
yeswecan:

Yaradua is far batter than Jonathan, at least he released himself from the grip of OBJ . . the return of Ribadu signifies OBJ's return . .

Seriously?

Health wise?- - Hell NO!

Policy wise?- - - Yaradua does not have the gut to make decision changing policies that conflicts with the party's mandate, he has to worship the likes of James Ibori and Aondoakaa

Developments?- - - ah!, Yaradua handed us an illusory 7 point agenda, and he watched while politicians continued to milk the nation dry, every little bit of confidence and hope we had towards a corrupt free government eroded under his watch.

Security?- - - The nation witnessed more blood shed and killings under the Yaradua's administration. Thugs in the Niger Delta were offered amnesty as well as fat monthly allowances for doing nothing at tax payers expense.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by kabarka(m): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2010
For me,i think ribadu will have free hand to operate b/c jonathan came to power by chance with no need to protect any godfather.He virtually has no skeleton in his cardboard.If the info is true,let's see how things turn out.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Fhemmmy: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2010
We wait and see what the outcome of all these would be
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by cap28: 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2010
kabarka:

For me,i think ribadu will have free hand to operate b/c jonathan came to power by chance with no need to protect any godfather.He virtually has no skeleton in his cardboard.If the info is true,let's see how things turn out.

what about jonathan's wife's money laundering case in which she was charged with stealing $13.5m USD and N104 m from the Bayelsa state treasury, wasnt Ribadu supposed to be investigating those, is he going to reopen this matter when he assumes office?
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by egift(m): 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2010
Will Jonathan have the political muscle and courage to back Ribadu's actions and advices as Obj did?
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Echidime(m): 3:11pm On Apr 05, 2010
Bayelsa state Governor should watch his back, he try to insult our able Jonathan, where is the 100 Billion naira that makes him to insult our president is the first word he will hear from ribadu, only ribadu  can hunt looters in naija.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Ben13: 3:36pm On Apr 05, 2010
Ribadu again? been think say the guy dey on the run. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Describe Buhari In Two Words / mODIFIED / Buhari Wears Official AU Badge Upside-down (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.