Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer (5835 Views)

I Rejected Jonathan’s Offer Of Interim VP – Tinubu / Goodluck Jonathan Offer Nigerian Police To Help England To Help Quell The Riots / Nyako Rejected Jonathan’s Offer To Be Vp! It's All Obj's Doing! Read More Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Oboma1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2010
Is it only Ribadu that can hunt corrupt officials in Nigeria? Mr. Ribadu must tell us what happened to corruption case against Jonathan's wife, before he points accusing fingers on anybody? Whoever celebrate his come back, does not like Nigeria. Meanwhile, what makes Jonathan's intention genuine? Is he not trying to use Ribadu to pave way for his campagne for 2011? This is nothing but scripts being played out here. We all know the story dear. This is the product of OBJ's meeting with Jonathan. The outcome of the meeting is becoming clearer by day.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Birmingham(m): 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2010
Hmmmm . . . . some Politicians don dey sheck. . . . some don die b'cos of HighBP, some don dey run komot. . .
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Birmingham(m): 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2010
Hmmmm . . . . some Politicians don dey sheck. . . .  some don die b'cos of HighBP, some don dey run komot. . .
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Fhemmmy: 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2010
There is a difference btw hunting corrupt leaders and getting them convicted as well as getting back what they have stolen
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by nethacker(m): 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2010
Fhemmmy:

There is a difference btw hunting corrupt leaders and getting them convicted as well as getting back what they have stolen
@fhemmmy:. . . u knw their property will be confiscated for sure, I dnt knw of waziri oooo but ribadu will get them seized. Wait oooo , wat happened to the $15million cash dat ibori wanted to use as a bribe then shocked shocked i hope is safe sha grin grin
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Okukk(m): 7:33pm On Apr 05, 2010
Don't you think Rabadu's presence in government would amount to a complete disrespect for authority? Or better still a distractions to this government?. How can we reconcile all the allegations level against him and him coming to be an adviser to the A/president.Have we forgotten in a hurry how he was demoted and later dismissed from the police force, accused of disrespect for senior officers, not declaring his assets while in office and other misconduct charges against him.
If these where all politically induced do we now say that the police authority, EFCC, and those other tribunal that found him wanting owe him an apology? Or never did their work well.
Can an individual or group of individual be more powerful than this country?
Don't you think that the so call men in authority,our police force more especially lack integrity, the impetus to be seen as a responsible organization. Now who do we believe the the presidency who have neither pardon him officially nor clear him of those allegations or the authorities that accused him? May be some can tell me better.
Cry my beloved country!
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by member479760: 7:41pm On Apr 05, 2010
We might not need to continue rotating same people; we have a lot of guys ready to do the same good job Mr. Rib did. We have to move on and give others the chance to contribute their quotas, introduce new ideas to developing this country while their brain is still fresh and young.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by newdeal(m): 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2010
whichever way one looks at it, this is a very courageous decision by Ag. President Goodluck Jonathan,
hope it pays off well
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 05, 2010
Ribadu is merely coming back as an adviser to the president, he will have no real powers and presido is at liberty to accept or reject his advice. Not like when he was the chair of EFCC, when he had power to chase people around.

okpari
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by bisiaet: 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2010
This will be a good development because since unceremonious departure of Ribadu I have not really see any serious fight against corruption though many say sort of things about him I think he will learn more now that before but the truth is we need someone who is fearless like him in this virus that us eating our nation everyday. As so may will say he Ribadu was used by Obj but to this effect all the people he went agter as anyone of them find free of corruption? No. So Mr Ribadu is highly welcome if any body feel any itch about his appointment he/she should take the back door and live Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by ELNAFATY1: 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2010
Welcome back,
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by eros(m): 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2010
I hope Ribadu does the right thing this time around and redeem his tarnished image. If need be, he should not only just arrest and confiscate the properties of the corrupt leaders, he should make a move on having them eliminated once and for all, so that none of them will witch-hunt him in the future.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by eosho: 9:43pm On Apr 05, 2010
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by chelseabmw(m): 9:58pm On Apr 05, 2010
[size=13pt][color=#000099]ribadu again?[/color][/size]
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by kayality: 10:45pm On Apr 05, 2010
Welcome Mr Ribadu, please come to kwara State
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Stevogue(m): 11:01pm On Apr 05, 2010
Naija politics is one hell of a whirlwind! The way things are turning out, I believe soon enough, those that once gave orders, would now begin to take orders and the Hunters would become the Hunted!
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Rastamann: 3:41am On Apr 06, 2010
No be Nigerian? If na you, you no accept?
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by scoro99(m): 8:12am On Apr 06, 2010
cheesy correct guy.

chairman welcome.

begin pursue bad guys again cos u sabi run.

i believe u cos only u one NA BAD GUYZ!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by otukpo(f): 9:00am On Apr 06, 2010
Ribadu again?
Jonathan is begining to fumble.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by otukpo(f): 9:04am On Apr 06, 2010
jonathan is just a non existing president. he is a gost president.
why is it that the leadership of nigeria continues to rotate among these old names even when our environments are not improving?
does it mean nigeria will remain as it is forever?
the mention of ribadu and el rufai in any carbinet signifies the full return of obasanjo to power.
we are going back to the looting madness of 1999 to 2007.
pdp and the obasanjo led criminal cabals are at it again.
new wine in old jars.
brother, na the same people.

Chidichris, i agree with u.
I am already disappointed with Jonathan at the mention of Ribadu. This shows we are not making any progress as a nation.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by misterh(m): 9:31am On Apr 06, 2010
We need people like him now.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Lolladey(f): 10:25am On Apr 06, 2010
hmn, this Ribadu had better do something meaningful with his life
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by marvix(m): 11:00am On Apr 06, 2010
I think now Ribadu must have been refined after some of the trainings and interactions he has undergone in his period in exile and will be briging this experience to bear when he returns. Goodluck to Mr Ribadu
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by wirinet(m): 11:27am On Apr 06, 2010
Now that Ribadu has been deceared innocent, does that mean he can have his old job back. Would be be given back his post of Deputy inspector of police or is it assistant commissioner of police?.

Has all charges of insubordination been dropped also?
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by slyk2(m): 12:17pm On Apr 06, 2010
this is a master stroke by Mr, Acting President!

are you not seeing the hand writing on the wall?

something is cooking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 06, 2010
So it is true, Ribadu for President 2011. Now i see.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by akmyers: 4:39pm On Apr 06, 2010
action film!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by obicmag(m): 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2010
It is a welcome development. We hope to see a dramatic turn in the lives of the corrupt public officers.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by mansmith(m): 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2010
i beleive that the story is not true.but who else in this country will do the job as ribadu did?
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Rmc1(m): 1:48am On Apr 07, 2010
Yes the king of anti corruption is back yipee !!!! grin grin

looters run for your lifes
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by buffox: 3:58am On Apr 07, 2010
Bringing Ribadu back to government is not in Jonathan or Ribadu's interest! He can pave the way for him to return tp the country and just go back to his house for the time being.

Going from two extremes with a controversial figure is not the right move. And he brings him back to become a radical advising on who is to be arrested? And what would happen to him 11 months from now?

He is still suffering repercussions from OBJs time, he should be smarter. He was almost killed. Jonathan is not an OBJ that formed a virtual shield around him. Jonathan himself is vulnerable as it is with his 'acting' status.
Re: Ribadu Has Accepted Jonathan's Offer by Ayoolaj: 9:33am On Apr 07, 2010
only god will safe us in this naija! yes, ribadu is good but, hoe can he perform wtout intereference? thats d big question and am sure u guys knows what am talking abt.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Spends N8.4b To Feed Inmates On Awaiting Trial Yearly / APC National Leader, Releases Statement After Edo Election Loss / -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.