Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America (2732 Views)

South Africans Beg Nigerians For Forgiveness (Video) / President Trump Never Said Nigerians Live In Huts - White House Says / Nigerians Would Never “Go Back To Their Huts” In Africa - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by taurus21: 7:43pm On Dec 23, 2017
United States’ President Donald Trump described Nigerians as people living in huts which they would not want to return to whenever they visit America, the New York Times reported Saturday. 
The paper published accounts of some administration officials who were present at a meeting about the administration’s immigration policy in June. 
Mr. Trump has pushed controversial immigration policies since becoming American president in January.
Amongst his first policies was to ban visits from several countries — mostly from the middle east. 
The policy has been overturned and upheld by different American courts.
The Times reported that Mr. Trump had a ready-made excuse for almost all the countries his controversial immigration policy targeted. 
He said he was banning people from Afghanistan because the country was a terrorist haven.
When asked about why he was restricting people from Haiti, he described them as being infested with AIDS. 
On Nigerians, Mr. Trump said they would never “go back to their huts” in Africa, the Times reported, citing two officials who were presented at the meeting held in Mr. Trump’s office but who sought anonymity.
Although some administration officials acknowledged that the meeting took place,  they denied that the president used “AIDS” and “huts” at the meeting. 
Nigeria was eventually not included in the list of countries whose nationals were banned from entering America.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/253398-trump-slams-nigerians-not-returning-huts-seeing-america
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by chaarly(m): 7:46pm On Dec 23, 2017
Na our leaders dey cause all these tinz. dem go go obodo-oyibo come back. . instead of them to tap into the intelligence of those people they will come back and put only their house in order, loot more billions, go back there and buy houses for themselves and their families.
Baba Trump Biko just bear with us citizens. . no be our fault. if Na me go ur America I will never come back to my hut. e beta ma wash university of Oxford toilet for there than to wash UNIBEN toilet for this side.

1 Like

Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by Godwinfury(m): 7:47pm On Dec 23, 2017
White man without brain, don't critize other people dwelling, you may end up in a place worst than that.
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by Leopantro: 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2017
But i thought this man was sent by God to remove Obama. Obama never insulted us, why is God's messenger insulting us?

1 Like

Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2017
please do us a favour by deporting all Nigerians over there so as to come and develop their home

1 Like

Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by Nbote(m): 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2017
Oma307:
please do us a favour by deporting all Nigerians over there so as to come and develop their home

U dat U have been here, what have U done to develop ur home??

1 Like

Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 23, 2017
Nbote:

U dat U have been here, what have U done to develop ur home??
since I have not that is why I'm telling him to release those who has the brain, money and determination to move this nation forward
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by Kophschmerzen: 9:05pm On Dec 23, 2017
Where are his Nigerian worshippers. Salamrushdie are you typing from your hut.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by SalamRushdie: 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2017
Kophschmerzen:
Where are his Nigerian worshippers. Salamrushdie are you typing from your hut.

I know it fake story planted by Hilary and co..Numbers and actions dont lie

1 Like

Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by Kophschmerzen: 9:19pm On Dec 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I know it fake story planted by Hilary and co..Numbers and actions dont lie

Qui qu quo and whatabotism as usual.

1 Like

Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by jagbajantus: 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2017
Oma307:
Are you serious? Really?

Oma307:

since I have not that is why I'm telling him to release those who has the brain, money and determination to move this nation forward
Millions of Nigerians in diaspora are already doing that. Go and check your facts first.

Oma307,
Wetin you dey say? So na the overseas Nigerians na dem dey chop Nigeria money? Get your facts straight, my friend. Do you even have any idea how many billions of dollars that overseas Nigerians have contributed and continue to contribute everyday to the the Nigerian economy - and over so many decades? Do you? Every single year, diaspora Nigerians provide food, jobs, housing, education, health care and support millions of other Nigerians! You should be thanking Nigerians overseas instead of criticizing them. If not for them, the country will be even ten thousand times worse than it is.

This is exactly why nothing ever improves in Nigeria because you people are always waiting for some type of 'savior' to come and solve your own problems for you. God will NOT come down from heaven and fix Naija problems. DO IT YOUR OWN SELF. Heaven helps only those who help themselves. Ditto, don't continue to blame overseas Nigerians for Nigeria's own self-created problems. Blame your bad governments that you chose and help put in office. Blame the terrible and selfish decisions that they made. If Nigeria was doing what it was supposed to do as a country, it is so blessed with more than enough that it will be not just a successful country but a very great country. And you won't need to ask or beg anybody to come and live there. They will come on their own. A country that does not obey any laws. No law and order. No respect and no regard for its regular citizens. Where laws work only against the poor man. What do you expect?

Why don't you begin first by protesting against the corrupt political thieves, rogue business people and government officials? Kick them out of office and elect good, dedicated, honest people. Punish those who rob and damage the country for their own selfish interest. Stop playing tribal and ethnic games. Stop praising and worshiping thieves. Nigerians stop lying to yourselves. Stop deceiving yourselves. Stop blaming other people for your problems. Do something about it yourself. If you get any help, be thankful. You are not entitled to anything. No one owes you anything.

I had read about this previously in the NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/23/us/politics/trump-immigration.html And is anyone here at all surprised that Trump said those things about Nigerians and Haitians and Afghans or Mexicans?

1 Like

Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by ibkayee(f): 10:49pm On Dec 23, 2017
Where are the Nigerians who support Trump because he's outspoken?

1 Like

Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 24, 2017
ibkayee:

Lolzz..

1 Like

Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by Emyogalanya: 6:23am On Dec 24, 2017
Leopantro:
But i thought this man was sent by God to remove Obama. Obama never insulted us, why is God's messenger insulting us?
WHEN YOU WERE INSULTING HIM DID YOU NOT KNOW HE IS GOD ?SENT?. YOU GUYS ARE HYPOCRITES. WHEN HE ALLEGED TO HAVE CALL BUHARI AND PROMISED BUHARI IMAGINARY WEAPONS YOU CELEBRATE HIM
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by Emyogalanya: 6:28am On Dec 24, 2017
Oma307:

AND YET IE YOU FIND A CHANCE TO LAND THERE YOU WONT WASTE IT. SO YOU GUYS GO TO AMERICA TO GET BRAIN. MONEY. AND DETERMINATION. NO WONDER WE HAVE A BUHARI AS PRESIDO
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by zicoraads: 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2017
ibkayee:
What's with the scarcity? Or are you looking for fuel to buy as well? embarassed

You've been scarce.
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by ibkayee(f): 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
zicoraads:

What's with the scarcity? Or are you looking for fuel to buy as well? embarassed

You've been scarce.
Lol!

Been on holiday so not really on my phone as much, how are you? smiley
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by zicoraads: 6:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
ibkayee:

Lol!

Been on holiday so not really on my phone as much, how are you? smiley
Ehen, if you are not really on your phone, then what are you doing with the holiday?

I'm good. You?
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by ibkayee(f): 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
zicoraads:

Ehen, if you are not really on your phone, then what are you doing with the holiday?

I'm good. You?
Lol sleeping and going out cheesy

Not bad thanks, preparing for tomorrow?
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by zicoraads: 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
ibkayee:

Lol sleeping and going out cheesy

Not bad thanks, preparing for tomorrow?
Yea. At my sister's in Abuja. Not doing anything. Just sitting down watching them do all. Too many people to do things anyway. But yea, I'm preparing my stomach grin cheesy

Done baking and frying?
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by ibkayee(f): 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
zicoraads:

Yea. At my sister's in Abuja. Not doing anything. Just sitting down watching them do all. Too many people to do things anyway. But yea, I'm preparing my stomach grin cheesy

Done baking and frying?
Smh

Nah I'll do all that tomorrow cheesy
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by zicoraads: 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
ibkayee:

Smh

Nah I'll do all that tomorrow cheesy
Missed you on that awa thread embarassed

Noticed you've been away from there for awhile now
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by ibkayee(f): 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
zicoraads:

Missed you on that awa thread embarassed

Noticed you've been away from there for awhile now
Which one?
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by zicoraads: 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
ibkayee:

Which one?
The one where you frequent more than any other place here tongue
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by ibkayee(f): 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2017
zicoraads:

The one where you frequent more than any other place here tongue
Oh the religion section? But which thread exactly?

cheesy
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by zicoraads: 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2017
ibkayee:

Oh the religion section? But which thread exactly?

cheesy
Be there acting laik you don't know. Which religion? grin cheesy

Where we talk about the kokó, without holding back grin
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by ibkayee(f): 7:36pm On Dec 24, 2017
zicoraads:

Be there acting laik you don't know. Which religion? grin cheesy

Where we talk about the kokó, without holding back grin
Lol I still go there, not even for the stories tbh but for the entertainment cheesy
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by zicoraads: 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
ibkayee:

Lol I still go there, not even for the stories tbh but for the entertainment cheesy

So what entertains there? Izit not the stories? undecided

You are a suspect tongue
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by ibkayee(f): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
zicoraads:

So what entertains there? Izit not the stories? undecided

You are a suspect tongue
Lol the banter can be entertaining, barely read the actual stories tbh

Suspect of what? tongue
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by zicoraads: 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
ibkayee:

Lol the banter can be entertaining, barely read the actual stories tbh

Suspect of what? tongue
Oh, so you love banters eh? No wonder whenever there is one ongoing, you'll hold vigils there until it gets shut grin

But you never engage in any. Na your type go dey ginger people to fight, only to stand aside and watch them beat one another to tears.

I'll tell you what I'm suspecting you for. Another time, another place.
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by ibkayee(f): 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
zicoraads:

Oh, so you love banters eh? No wonder whenever there is one ongoing, you'll hold vigils there until it gets shut grin

But you never engage in any. Na your type go dey ginger people to fight, only to stand aside and watch them beat one another to tears.

I'll tell you what I'm suspecting you for. Another time, another place.
Lol it's not that I love it, but when it's happening it can be funny cheesy

I'm a lover not a fighter grin

No problem cheesy
Re: Trump Slams Nigerians For Not Returning To Their ‘huts’ After Seeing America by zicoraads: 8:04pm On Dec 24, 2017
ibkayee:

Lol it's not that I love it, but when it's happening it can be funny cheesy

I'm a lover not a fighter grin

No problem cheesy
Lover, not a fighter abí? Me too cheesy grin

You sound like that 'London big boy', MrCork right now cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Day War: The War That Proved That Israel Is Above All Arab Nations Combined / Gold Bugatti $ 2 Millions VS $1/day To Feed Hungry Kids In Sudan. / Lady Gaga Is Hermaphrodite, See It On Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.