Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Atiku Indicted - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Indicted (9329 Views)

Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP / Breaking News: Nigerian Governors Indicted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Indicted by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2007
alabiyemmy:

My comment stands - how can it be said that because the Vice President is corrupt, that also interpretes to the President being corrupt? It is only a Nigerian that can reason that way.
That is the way it is in developed countries my friend. Indict the vice for corruption and the president has no option but to be indicted of CORRUPTION or INCOMPETENCE (The choice is yours). How can you explain to US that Atiku was under you for 6 years and you had no idea as to what he was doing with the PTDF funds?. . .It is only Nigerians that can be this gullible.

I thank a Political Science Prof. I was discussing with for pointing this out. There is no way OBJ can say he didn't know what was going on, are we stupid or what?
Re: Atiku Indicted by Ferlie(m): 11:42pm On Mar 19, 2007
Donzman:

That is the way it is in developed countries my friend. Indict the vice for corruption and the president has no option but to be indicted of CORRUPTION or INCOMPETENCE (The choice is yours). How can you explain to US that Atiku was under you for 6 years and you had no idea as to what he was doing with the PTDF funds?. . .It is only Nigerians that can be this gullible.

I thank a Political Science Prof. I was discussing with for pointing this out. There is no way OBJ can say he didn't know what was going on, are we stupid or what?

u r a foolish boy or man.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Mariory(m): 11:46pm On Mar 19, 2007
LMFAO grin
Re: Atiku Indicted by alabiyemmy(m): 11:48pm On Mar 19, 2007
Ferlie:

you're a foolish boy or man.

end of story.
Re: Atiku Indicted by McKren(m): 11:58pm On Mar 19, 2007
Guys look at what Donzman's signature reads

Blindfolded, Seen Enough!!
The Truth is Speaking, You Should Listen!!

Think about this for a while and decide for yourself whether to take his posts seriously or not.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Glamourgal(f): 12:11am On Mar 20, 2007
'bout time n all angry
Re: Atiku Indicted by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 20, 2007
I don't know why it's difficult to grasp. If there is insider trading in a company for example, it's either the manager is incompetent or party to it. Same thing applies here, what is so difficult here?. . .Any finger you point at Atiku, points at OBJ and that is the truth of the matter. It's a pity we do not think deeply and are gullible to things like these, it's allright, I know my point has gotten across.

@Any of You

Can you tell me how someone's vice can commit all those offences and the President can still be described as competent?. . .Ridiculous.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Tonyblu(m): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2007
Donzman:

. . .Any finger you point at Atiku, points at OBJ and that is the truth of the matter. It's a pity we do not think deeply and are gullible to things like these, it's allright, I know my point has gotten across.

Totally agree with you.

It's said that when u point one finger at a person, becareful bcx 3 fingers on d same hand POINT right back at you.

Cheers.
Re: Atiku Indicted by nikynike(f): 9:35am On Mar 20, 2007
@Donzman, Thats serious OBJ is not competent. And he's supporting Yaradua whose health is in a big ? mark.
Obj is cruel.If he had allowed Atiku to be the head of state, all those funds which he embezzled would be revealed.
Re: Atiku Indicted by agnesoseka: 11:01am On Mar 20, 2007
e be like say dem want to show,another movie again ooooo, watch out for part III.
Re: Atiku Indicted by LadyT(f): 10:40pm On Mar 20, 2007
Donzman you often leave me breathless and speechless with your bloody posts!
Re: Atiku Indicted by Glamourgal(f): 10:45pm On Mar 20, 2007
phewwww!!
@ last there's evidence for indictment!! angry
Re: Atiku Indicted by Uche2nna(m): 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2007
I agree totally with Donzman. Whatever the number 2 man did and got away with, the number 1 man also did, only that his own was 5 times more. Look at the state of the country and tell me if it looks like one that has a honest president.
Re: Atiku Indicted by debosky(m): 1:23am On Mar 21, 2007
that reasoning is flawed - if a man fails in what was assigned to him, he is at fault solely

in a moral sense the president can be blamed for picking a wrong candidate, but with all due respect you cannot expect Obj to know each and every detail of what goes on in the federal government.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 21, 2007
This isn't even about morality. If you appoint someone to handle a project, it's upto you to ensure the project is being handled properly. Either OBJ is incompetent or he knew about the misnamagement.

He shouldn't know every single detail but the funds Atiku allegedly siphoned off the PTDF is more than a minor detail, that is a MAJOR detail.
Re: Atiku Indicted by 4Play(m): 2:29am On Mar 21, 2007
debosky:

that reasoning is flawed - if a man fails in what was assigned to him, he is at fault solely

It is well established that a person who delegates his powers can be legally responsible for how such powers are exercised.

Imagine for instance that the VP of the US was indicted for corruption in similar circumstances as in the Nigerian case,would it be taken as accepted that the VP is solely at fault and that Bush has no case to answer?

Where powers are confered which can be exercised exclusively by a person and such a person choses to assign such powers ,the person  still has some measure of  responsibility for how the powers are exercised.

That is why here in the West,Ministers take responsibility for the  wrongful acts of their subordinates not because they are masochistic but because they bear some measure of responsibility
Re: Atiku Indicted by abdkabir(m): 2:57am On Mar 21, 2007
Gud One Man. I am with u in Spirit. smiley
Re: Atiku Indicted by debosky(m): 3:45am On Mar 21, 2007
It has happened before - See the case of Jacob Zuma and Thabo Mbeki in SA - Zuma was indicted for corruption and was sacked by Mbeki, no culpability was traced or even implied to Mbeki.

If the president knew of these things yet did nothing to stop them then he is culpable, but if there was no material way of him knowing till an investigation came about, then he is fully absolved of blame.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Nobody: 4:27am On Mar 21, 2007
That is the point, Zuma was exposed as the events were going on. The president didn't wait until a political fallout with Zuma to expose his corruption. The point is that Atiku could not have been corrupt all these years under OBJ without OBJ's knowledge and consent. Even at that, Zuma was never convicted of corruption in S.A. The case against him was dropped but he did what every normal being would do, RESIGN!

Obviously, Mbeki knew what Zuma was doing and exposed him A.S.A.P. Now the question is why OBJ didn't expose Atiku all these while?. . .Either he lacks oversight(which is ridiculous to suggest) or he knew what was going on.
Re: Atiku Indicted by McKren(m): 9:54am On Mar 21, 2007
@donnmikky

Mckren is a unique man and i have watched him with keen intrest he never gets angry no matter what you say about him, kudos Mckren!!!

hmmmm, did not even see that!!!!!!!! (head swelling) smiley

Thanks man.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Ferlie(m): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2007
bollocks - so if a husband is bad, the wife is bad as well? Stupid and foolish.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Mariory(m): 12:31pm On Mar 21, 2007
Donzman:

Now the question is why OBJ didn't expose Atiku all these while?. . .Either he lacks oversight(which is ridiculous to suggest) or he knew what was going on.

, Or maybe you have forgotten this PTDF thing started when the FBI raided a senators home in the US and asked the EFCC to investigate.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Afam(m): 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2007
For those complaining that OBJ should have sacked Atiku does it not show how inconsistent we are?

Can OBJ sack Atiku? What are we saying when his seat was cleared vancant?

OBJ cannot be held responsible for the crime of a full blown man for any reasons whatsoever.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Ferlie(m): 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2007
Donzman, are u saying if u are a thief and a fool, then also Afam, Mariory, McKren are also thiefs and fools?
Re: Atiku Indicted by Afam(m): 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2007
Dis your example e get as e be ooo, no part 2 at all.

If you wan abuse person kukuma do so clear clear no claim say you drunk or use example styled abuse.
Re: Atiku Indicted by McKren(m): 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2007
Ferlie:

Donzman, are u saying if u are a thief and a fool, then also Afam, Mariory, McKren are also thiefs and fools?

Simply cant figure out the motivation behind this analogy as none of us is deputy to Donzman.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 21, 2007
Mariory:

, Or maybe you have forgotten this PTDF thing started when the FBI raided a senators home in the US and asked the EFCC to investigate.

Are you saying that is when PTDF started? 

This is a simple concept to grasp and 4Play already did. He has way more patience to explain so he probably can, keep wallowing in ignorance.

Ferlie:

If McKren appointed me to take care of his house and waited until after I slept with his wife to tell the whole world that I'm a thief, then he is also a thief and a fool. Hopefully you see the analogy and stop being dumb!
Re: Atiku Indicted by 4Play(m): 11:30pm On Mar 21, 2007
debosky:

If the president knew of these things yet did nothing to stop them then he is culpable, but if there was no material way of him knowing till an investigation came about, then he is fully absolved of blame.
How do you know that there was "no material way of him knowing"?

My view is that we do not know either way but the circumstances suggest that we can't say with any degree of certainty that the President couldn't have known about Atiku's activities.

I have not seen anything that will suggest that in the circumstances,OBJ was not in the position to know what was going on.

In any civilised setting,the question should be "what did the President know and when did he know it"?
Re: Atiku Indicted by Mariory(m): 7:20pm On Mar 22, 2007
Donzman:

Are you saying that is when PTDF started?

This is a simple concept to grasp and 4Play already did. He has way more patience to explain so he probably can, keep wallowing in ignorance

No. It appears you are the one that's ignorant. I'm saying that is when the PTDF scandal started.

Donzman:

This is a simple concept to grasp and 4Play already did. He has way more patience to explain so he probably can, keep wallowing in ignorance.

If McKren appointed me to take care of his house and waited until after I slept with his wife to tell the whole world that I'm a thief, then he is also a thief and a fool. Hopefully you see the analogy and stop being dumb!

That analogy in itself is dumb. It would imply the president should know every single facet of Atiku's life including all his financial transactions. Are you listening to yourself? Even the person you are closet to can still surprise you with secrets. And even if the president were aware of every single penny Atiku has to his name and how he came about it, there has to be evidence of foul play before taking action.
Re: Atiku Indicted by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2007
How the hell does overseeing what goes on with the PTDF which you have put under another Atiku's control amount to knowing every single detail about Atiku's life?. . .Why are people this dumb?
Re: Atiku Indicted by debosky(m): 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2007
an investigation of the PTDF was concluded by the EFCC last year, that was when Obj officially knew of the case, and the report was promptly forwarded to the Senate

that is the only evidence available as to when this case came to the president's knowledge, and it shows that the president promptly made it public once the investigation was complete. it would be foolhardy to expect the president to personally know each and every detail on what funds were used for what purpose at every moment in time as you are alluding in the numerous governmental agencies that exist.

the deposits started sometime in 2002/03 and investigation turned it up in 06, it was reported when the information became available

Atiku has not been convicted either, and for the record, Zuma never resigned. he was SACKED (as allowed under SA's constitution) by Mbeki on allegations
Re: Atiku Indicted by Mariory(m): 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2007
Donzman:

How the hell does overseeing what goes on with the PTDF which you have put under another Atiku's control amount to knowing every single detail about Atiku's life?. . .Why are people this dumb?

Indeed a valid question. It appears you have absolutely no clue what goes on in reality. I have pointed out to you twice that the PTDF scandal started when the FBI asked the EFCC to investigate. Perhaps I overestimated your ability to comprehend simple sentences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will Jonathan Reverse The Fuel Price To =n= 65/litre? / UK Politician Announces Buhari's Death In London, Sends Condolences To Aisha / Appeal Court Orders Dasuki’s Appearance In Olisa Metuh’s Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.