Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

What's Your Take On Divorce? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Take On Divorce? (4369 Views)

"I Tolerated Abuse For Long" - Anita Oyakhilome Breaks silence on divorce / Has Christ Embassy Theology On Divorce Changed Yet? / I'm Done With Chris Oyakhilome;no Going Back On Divorce – Anita Oyakhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On Divorce? by Godmother(f): 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2010
Guys, a friend of mine got married last year dec and two months later the marriage crashed.Now his pastor is advising him to divorce the woman and get married to someone else.

I for one believe that once a person is married, you remain married.You can get divorced if one paty is unfaithful, but you should remain divoreced. Though this guy argued otherwise.
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by jagunlabi(m): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2010
Utter nonsense!Sorry if i sound insultive, but where do you guys get all these weird ideas from?When two people make a mistake of thinking themsleves compatible and then getting married, only to discover that they are not, they should then stay together by force because of what exactly?Why suffer yourselves by staying in a relationship(married or not) that does not exist just because you said "i do" in front of some priest?I just can't figure out some people's thinking.

Till divorce do us part.If the marriage does not work, then dissolve it and go your separate ways.Na by force to stay together?And this utterly insane concept of staying divorced once going through a divorce process. . . where do you guys get all these crazy ideas from,anyway?
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2010
his pastor is advising him to get a divorce?

lord have mercy.
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by jagunlabi(m): 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2010
^^What is wrong with the advice?Two incompatible people to stay together for the rest of their lives and be condemned to unhappy life for what reason exactly?
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2010
^^ maybe you, him and the pastor need to go talk to an older Indian couple for advice on married life.

since we dont seem to have much knowledge of it in Africa.

You seem to have missed the part about the wedding only lasting two months.

Something is wrong with him, his wife, the pastor and any other woman involved, imo.
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by manmustwac(m): 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2010
You been married for just two months with no kids then what are you waiting for DIVORCE. Starting afresh will make both parties a lot wiser.
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by afiq(m): 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2010
A real pastor wont say such a thing angry
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2010
am I the only one here who doesnt understand how a couple will discover they're incompatible in just two months?

Can someone explain. I used to think it took at least two or three years to figure out the same.

Did one of them turn to a cow, goat or mammy water while sleeping?
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2010
afiq:

A real pastor wont say such a thing angry

I wonder oh.

maybe the pastor has other people he wants to matchmake them with.
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by afiq(m): 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2010
That pastor is a player lipsrsealed grin
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 4:47pm On Apr 05, 2010
Divorce ought to be on a ground that someone has cheated and it is still a personal issue
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:52pm On Apr 05, 2010
[size=13pt]Fhemmmy dear , i have been flowing up your responds in various thread and the issue's. . .the good thing is that , you're really doing according to your signature and i like it ~ Ok! I wish some people can be like you been so honest in most case . smiley .

Yeah-- Satisfaction is guaranteed grin
[/size]
Fhemmmy:

Divorce ought to be on a ground that someone has cheated and it is still a personal issue
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Fhemmmy dear , i have been flowing up your responds in various thread and the issue's. . .the good thing is that , you're really doing according to your signature and i like it ~ Ok! I wish some people can be like you been so honest in most case . smiley .

Yeah-- Satisfaction is guaranteed grin
[/size]

Thanks for the great comment, i am one of your online fans as well
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2010
[size=13pt]awwwwwwwww you're so sweet. . . .OK! , i feel so deep. keem em up. kiss kiss smiley[/size]
Fhemmmy:

Thanks for the great comment, i am one of your online fans as well
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2010
^^^ Lol
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2010
[size=13pt]Yeah ~~ wink wink wink[/size]
Fhemmmy:

^^^ Lol
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 2:14am On Apr 06, 2010
^^^ I am so sure i will read one day soon that you have changed and you are sorry for all you have said about God . . . . minus one day today
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:21am On Apr 06, 2010
[size=13pt]I won't change dear. . . .i remain on my ground and in Satan we keep doing our thing.smiley [/size]
Fhemmmy:

^^^ I am so sure i will read one day soon that you have changed and you are sorry for all you have said about God . . . . minus one day today
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by jessefly: 11:30am On Apr 06, 2010
ogaga sounds lik a chick shocked n fhemmy a guy
anyhow if love is blind wen ur eye clear divorce abeg
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by victorazy(m): 11:31am On Apr 06, 2010
jagunlabi:

Utter nonsense!Sorry if i sound insultive, but where do you guys get all these weird ideas from?When two people make a mistake of thinking themsleves compatible and then getting married, only to discover that they are not, they should then stay together by force because of what exactly?Why suffer yourselves by staying in a relationship(married or not) that does not exist just because you said "i do" in front of some priest?I just can't figure out some people's thinking.

Till divorce do us part.If the marriage does not work, then dissolve it and go your separate ways.Na by force to stay together?And this utterly insane concept of staying divorced once going through a divorce process. . . where do you guys get all these crazy ideas from,anyway?

My dear, maybe ur not a christian. No pastor will encourage divorce cuz is not biblical, God does not permit it and thats why u should pray before involving urself to someone for marriage. If u marry and later foundout that u both are not compatible, u can still solve the problem cuz is all about "FOR BETTER & FOR WORSE"
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Shaunscot(m): 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2010
victorazy:

My dear, maybe your not a christian. No pastor will encourage divorce cuz is not biblical, God does not permit it and thats why u should pray before involving urself to someone for marriage. If u marry and later foundout that u both are not compatible, u can still solve the problem cuz is all about "FOR BETTER & FOR WORSE"

Wrong.
A man can leave his wife (or vice versa) on the grounds of infidelity.

I see nothing wrong with divorce.If for some reason they find out they are not compactible and they cant work it out,are they supposed to continue the union as enemies?
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Drunk: 12:25pm On Apr 06, 2010
Does it matter? Ain't gonna change his or your mind. So what make you think my stand on divorce can affect yours. The shoe is only worn by the owner and so we don't know how to help you judge. Simply list all your errs and then hers and then we'll help you with a closed verdict
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Echidime(m): 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2010
The pastor is advicing him to divorce his wife so he the pastor can Bleep his wife.

What is even the prove that the pastor is not already fucking his wife?
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 06, 2010
divorce is a necessary evil in this century

if it aint working out,get divorced,remarry or better still,remain single
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by princekevo(m): 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2010
victorazy:

My dear, maybe your not a christian. No pastor will encourage divorce cuz is not biblical, God does not permit it and thats why u should pray before involving urself to someone for marriage. If u marry and later foundout that u both are not compatible, u can still solve the problem cuz is all about "FOR BETTER & FOR WORSE"

My brother the issue of divorce is not what should be discouraged or condemned by Christians only, but for everyone that wanna make this world a better place. Tht poster should have checked up the effects of divorce to the society, b4 coming to tell us abt his mistake. Someone who got married out of infactuation and lust will turn out tml to tell you is a mistake. If we are to accept the marriage to be a mistake, what about the products of the marriage(Kids), are we to see them as a products of mistake? Marriage is beyond jst a mere relationship, it is something that got to do with life of others, not jst two selfish people that is why one got to be careful before you take that Oath. Unless we have changed the definition of tht word Oath. Is not something you can jst walk in anytime and walk out any time you feel like.

As for the Pastor, i don't know what to tell him, becoz that is the type of pastors Nigerians prefers. They wont go to where they will tell them truth, if not tell me how i would attend a church were i took an oath in the presence of a pastor and after 2months the best idea he can give me is to deny my oath.
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by agathamari(f): 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2010
divorce is advisable in some cases. cheating, abuse, certine crimes, even things like lifestyle differences. only the couple and perhaps the pastor truly know what the underlying cause is. you have to remeber many times people (the man or woman) will change after marriage. things will be perfect durring your courtship but once the rings are exchanged , most people who find themselves in a truly abusive (physicaly, emotionaly or psychologicaly) relationship had no warning before the marriage. again only the couple and pastor know what truely transpired in that 2 months - divorce may be justified
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by blosomy(f): 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2010
A lot of arguments,
ANALYSIS:
Firstly, one should not rush into marriage without being sure of compatibility in any form.
The first 2-4 months of marriage are always the most crazy.
RECOMMENDATION:
I would suggest that both parties take some time apart to see if what drew them close in the first place still exists as it will definitely draw them back together. Leave the pastor out of it all, he is first and foremost a human and not an angel.
He is entitled to his opinion. Finally both parties should reconcile individually with God.
LAST NOTES:
Marriage is actually a TRIANGLE with GOD at the Apex. The more each individual has a better relationship with God, the more he/she aligns to the other. GOD BLESS EVERY ONE.
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by otokx(m): 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2010
Divorce is a serious issue and Marriage is even a bigger one too.
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by shogbenga: 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2010
i think we are getting this issue of divorce wrong.the bible did not say u must divorce your wife if found unfaithful. i think what it says is that if at all u have to divorce, it must be based on unfaithfulness. Meanwhile my pastor once said that if u really love your wife, and u find a man on top of her, u will forgive her
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by sayso: 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2010
very bad for both parties.
Re: What's Your Take On Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2010
sayso:

very bad for both parties.

If kids are involved, they are the one to suffer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Scriptures Expounded: Your Hairs Are Numbered - / Why Do Churches Use Yoruba Talking Drums But Treat Igbo 'ikoro' As Demonic? / Bishop Oyedepo, Pst Adeboye Etc Are Not God Sent Becos They Are Wealthy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.