Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff (18514 Views)

Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng / AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
smiley
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by Horllamideh(m): 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
sapientia1:
I would like to know if those affected are from the Oshogbo teaching hospital or Ogbomosho. Someone should please clarify.
those in ogbomosho were affected too
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by NokiaN8(m): 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
Keep praying... Nigeria is in trouble, pastors, Alfa, pray with holiness, all those sacked, I pray for you all, It well, Amen
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by ivolt: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
NokiaN8:
Keep praying... Nigeria is in trouble, pastors, Alfa, pray with holiness, all those sacked, I pray for you all, It well, Amen
grin grin
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by Dammylois(f): 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2017
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by quickee: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2017
emma321:
No fewer than two hundred and fifty-five (255) workers of Ladoka Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Teaching Hospital have been sacked by the management of the institution.

‎An internal memorandum signed by one A.M Ajiferuke, dated 27th December, 2017, a copy obtained by DAILY POST Thursday morning, confirmed the disengagement of workers of the teaching hospital jointly owned by Oyo and Osun States.

The list also revealed that 299 other workers of the hospital are to be redeployed to the state service, bringing the total of affected workers to 554.

The internal memo reads, “Kindly find below the list of disengaged staff as directed by the Oyo State Government and approved by the board at her meeting held on Thursday, 21st December, 2017.”

Details: http://anstalk.com/lautech-teaching-hospital-sacks-255-staffs/

Most of the time we blame the government for their actions but we also forget the unscrupulous acts of these so called civil servants. Most of these so called sacked staffs might not even be on the payroll of the institution and a lot of unaccountability that has rocked the financial records of funds released to them over some years now.
Though this present government have their shortcomings, so many of you criticizing here and much of the civil servants at work will do more evil than them if you were in power.

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by HillsBlaze(m): 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
nawtyme:
Just like that. Is this an austerity measure or they committed several offences?

Please don't let rice and oil influence your choice of a politician. Collect the rice and vote for a credible somebody.

Yesterday Osun workers went on an indefinite strike.
Today a hospital that they jointly own has taken away the means of lively hood of these ones.

Don't also forget that the IGR of Osun state is bigger than that of the entire South East.

Yeye.

There IGR is not even up to that of Ebonyi talk less all SE

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by Meel: 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
APC is the worst thing to have ever happened to Oyo/Osun.

Strike every year in all institutions, ( from Uni to hospitals). No improvement in social amenities to aid bizness.

Opposition has always being badluck to we omoluabi, we thought Akala wasn't good enough we voted Ajinase, we thought Oyin wasn't good and we voted aregebese.

Only God can save us but we also need to be ready.
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by nawtyme: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
HillsBlaze:

There IGR is not even up to that of Ebonyi talk less all SE
Don't let our sophisticated Brothers hear that ooo
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by arrestdarrester: 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
9jakohai:
If you want to keep staff, raise fees

1.Fall in oil prices means States allocation has fallen.

2.States don't like raising taxes.

3.States love free health care...paying for it on the other hand...

4.No one wants to raise hospital fees.

So workers get sacked.

Thrash!

No matter the money available to States, they would rather put it in construction projects than prioritize healthcare in their spending. And when they eventually spend on health, they want to procure and procure and procure for the purpose of providing so called free healthcare.

Secondly, raising fees is not the only way to offset overhead and sacking workers is also not the way to reduce it. Enroll the staff on social health insurance and channel their medical allowances into a single pool. You'd be surprised the impact this would have on hospital infrastructure and healthcare spending.

That said, the far reaching impact of the timing of this is best left to the imagination.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by yesloaded: 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2017
I will never advise my worst enemy to take up monthly job under state governments. These workers are being owed several months salaries yet you sacked them just like that without any sympathy.

What do you expect them to fall on?

These people has children to cater for, they are under paid, imagine a family man with take home of 40,000naira at the end of every month as salary yet you owe them for several months but still terminate their appointments.

You at least give reasons why you want to sack them maybe they are not productive.

This is nothing but pure wickedness.

I advise every government workers to have side hustle, government of these days are wicked and never want workers to prosper.

Check my profile/signature to see latest job posts from reputable organization unlike governments that sack workers anyhow, business tips, education tips, travel tips
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by Help052: 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2017
Get paid for promoting a website ,check my signature now
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by ElRapido: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
guru90:
FEW FACTS ABOUT WEALTH:

(1.) Your salary will never make you rich. Your boss isn't that foolish.

(2.) Your salary is fixed, are your expenses fixed?

(3.) If your company pays you the exact true value of the services you render, they would be running at a loss. As an employee, you are underpaid.

(4.) Once you get HIRED, you either get FIRED or RETIRED, you may also resign when you're TIRED.

(5.) Salary is the bribe you're given to forget your dreams, family, freedom, self-esteem, academics, social life and other personal goals.

(6.) Your kids won't inherit your post in that company you're employed in. Employment is not hereditary.

(7.) If your salary is not huge enough to pay your bills, leaving you with sufficient amount to save,prepare for poverty after you stop work.

(8.) If you must work,before you eat,if you get paralysed,ill or become aged,hunger will strike you.

(9.) Being an employee is a bit similar to being a slave,you take orders,you are regimented,when will you become a master?.

(10.) In Forbes list of the richest men in the world,show me one employee.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

Do Have a plan B to fall back to..!

So what's the plan B

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by Lumig: 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
AdaNri1:
This is what we call governance! Labour and productivity at its best. Workers treated with utmost fairness and respect. APC! APC!! APC!!!
Madam! Let's stop this APC /PDP stuff and address issues as they present themselves. It's been a long time since they have been using Political Party names to sway and divide us PDP=APC
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by capitalzero: 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
sapientia1:
I would like to know if those affected are from the Oshogbo teaching hospital or Ogbomosho. Someone should please clarify.

ogbomoso
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by raphaeladeyele: 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2017
at Xmas o gao
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by Bimpe29: 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
On top wetin na? Naija government sef, nawah ooo.
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2017
sapientia1:
Only those in Ogbomoso. Ajimobi did that to break the resident doctors who have been on strike for sometime. He has been paying them about 45% of their salary since JAnuary 2016, asking them to generate the rest on their own.

Sometimes I wonder if our politicians !have conscience! Who transfers a resident doctor? I wonder where he is transferring them to, knowing fully well that Residency training is a postgraduate program!
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by betatalknaija: 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
Checkout this Very Controversial Pictures of Officers of the Nigerian Police .

http://www.betatalk.com.ng/2017/12/checkout-this-very-controversial-pictures-of-officers-of-the-nigerian-police/
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by betatalknaija: 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
Checkout this Very Controversial Pictures of Officers of the Nigerian Police

http://www.betatalk.com.ng/2017/12/checkout-this-very-controversial-pictures-of-officers-of-the-nigerian-police/

Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by damzy88: 6:37pm On Dec 28, 2017
guru90:
FEW FACTS ABOUT WEALTH:

(1.) Your salary will never make you rich. Your boss isn't that foolish.

(2.) Your salary is fixed, are your expenses fixed?

(3.) If your company pays you the exact true value of the services you render, they would be running at a loss. As an employee, you are underpaid.

(4.) Once you get HIRED, you either get FIRED or RETIRED, you may also resign when you're TIRED.

(5.) Salary is the bribe you're given to forget your dreams, family, freedom, self-esteem, academics, social life and other personal goals.

(6.) Your kids won't inherit your post in that company you're employed in. Employment is not hereditary.

(7.) If your salary is not huge enough to pay your bills, leaving you with sufficient amount to save,prepare for poverty after you stop work.

(8.) If you must work,before you eat,if you get paralysed,ill or become aged,hunger will strike you.

(9.) Being an employee is a bit similar to being a slave,you take orders,you are regimented,when will you become a master?.

(10.) In Forbes list of the richest men in the world,show me one employee.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

Do Have a plan B to fall back to..!
smiley
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
haaaaaa
i pray baba afsa is not affected.
Ogbeni aregbesola
if i say make i swear for you ehn
why start capital projects knowing fully well ur states has a low IGR to sustain it.
Ure now sacking anyhow
i hope it doesnt affect MLS people sha for there
make i no go set ur curse to auto-eternal
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by capitalzero: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2017
quickee:

Most of the time we blame the government for their actions but we also forget the unscrupulous acts of these so called civil servants. Most of these so called sacked staffs might not even be on the payroll of the institution and a lot of unaccountability that has rocked the financial records of funds released to them over some years now.
Though this present government have their shortcomings, so many of you criticizing here and much of the civil servants at work will do more evil than them if you were in power.

Try to pay a visit to the hospital. the affected staff are on payroll. stop seeing civil servants as evil.
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by capitalzero: 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
candy:

Only those in Ogbomoso. Ajimobi did that to break the resident doctors who have been on strike for sometime. He has been paying them about 45% of their salary since JAnuary 2016, asking them to generate the rest on their own.

Sometimes I wonder if our politicians !have conscience! Who transfers a resident doctor? I wonder where he is transferring them to, knowing fully well that Residency training is a postgraduate program!

on point.
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by guru90: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
ElRapido:

So what's the plan B
you suppose no naaaaaa.
At least 9ja leaders Don make us to be wiser!!!
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by drace(m): 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
For the sake of clarity, I will put the following facts on records. I speak as a worker of this hospital serving Oyo and parts of Osun States.

1. LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Ogbomoso, is a sole property of Oyo State Government while the one in Osogbo belongs to Osun. There is joint ownership of the University but not of the hospitals.

2. The government of His Excellency, Senator Isiaq Ajimobi, has been cold towards the hospital since he came on board.

3. The cold shoulder shown him by the people of Ogbomoso zone during the last election of the State aggravated his hatred (real or perceived) for the hospital and salaries are no longer being paid as they should.
Since January of 2016, each member of staff gets about half of his salary, and most doctors get only 28-35% of his wages!
As we speak, we are being owed minimum of 14 months, and nobody has got any half (or one third as the case of doctors is) salary for 4 months.

4. Nobody, except those who carried out this artless activity knows the rationale behind who to sack or redeploy. It has nothing to do with your tribe, state of origin or anything.

5. Whether the hospital will survive this evil or not remains to be seen.

6. Anyone who has the ears of the governor should speak with him. Let it be known to him that it is the office that survives the occupant! The Agodi House will surely survive the one who claims to be Constituted Authority.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by GbadeTehmy(m): 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2017
Wow,dis words are deep for a critical tinker to engage with.Thumbs up
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by Bayoursphere: 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2017
Aigoo
My maiden comment in this platform
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by nas00(m): 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
Topic refers to LAUTECH Teaching Hospital while OP attached a picture of University of Benin Teaching Hospital.

What sort of mad reporting is this?
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by heykims(m): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
sapientia1:
r
It is d Ogbomoso hospital
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by osazsky(m): 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
nittroboy:
I hope they gather some money be4 fired undecided
u can't gather money from ur job no matter how lucrative d best way to gather money is to invest
Re: LAUTECH Teaching Hospital Sacks 255 Staff by esshman(m): 11:48pm On Dec 28, 2017
I've been working there since 2013. Lautech Teaching Hospital Ogbomoso had never been well funded by the state government. The hospital is fully owned by the Oyo State government and we're owed 14 months salaries. The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Azeez Adeduntan who's also the Board Chairman has been doing everything to sack people in the hospital in order to please Ajimobi because of his personal gubernatorial ambition.

In my office, I'm the only one left. All my friends were sacked for no good reason. They're all competent, hardworking and productive but this is Nigeria where nobody fights for the weak. God will fight for us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NSCDC New Salary Scale Structure (updated) / How To Resign From A Bank When You Are Still Owing / Calling A Man 'Bald'Counts As Sexual Harassment - UK Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.