Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers (32920 Views)

Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers / Why Petrol May Not Sell At N145 Anytime Soon / We Can No Longer Import, Sell Fuel At N145/litre — Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by opribo(m): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2017
If there is any other attempt or attempted attempt to increase the fuel price we will not only occupy Nigeria, kachikwu would be paraded naked for lying to us that the last increase settles it all. Btw that last increase was the highest singular increment ever made in the history of our beloved country.
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by zombieTRACKER: 11:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Buhari told them to sell it higher in the east

Its true
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by jbreezy: 11:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Tugsramm:
nd move to libya ryt?
to buy yu sense abih Yes i will go an extra mile to get yu 10 litres of dat
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Guestlander: 11:57am On Dec 29, 2017
RisMas:
I keep saying this and will continue to say it. Igbos are their own personal enemies. sad sad

Even without the recent fuel scarcity, the transporters in the SE would have been waiting patiently to gouge the returning passengers from the holidays.
Wait till the first few days in January to see drama.

8 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by aku626(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Shame
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Tugsramm(m): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2017
jbreezy:
to buy yu sense abih Yes i will go an extra mile to get yu 10 litres of dat
just a question, y...y ar u in pain

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Sparkle777(f): 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
Here in Abj, filling station who sold above 145 had their products given out for free.
Pls if u re in Abj look out for those selling above pump price and report to DPR, na free fuel una go collect till the fuel finishes.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Orpe7(m): 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
Easterners doing themselves
U sell to ur brother at N235 yet the fuel no go complete grin

2 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by maxkoko(m): 12:03pm On Dec 29, 2017
In Bayelsa State all filling stations except for NNPC sells @ 250 naira. what the hell is wrong with victimizing filling stations in the south east? what of the rest of the country? Nonsense! please for ur online shopping @ best deals visit: gregomaxng.commissions.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by engrchykae(m): 12:03pm On Dec 29, 2017
The DPR man challenged the southeast marketers to provide evidence that a particular depot sold the products to them at an exorbitant price.
We are our own worst enemies.
Please dpr and buhari should permanently revoke the license of erring marketers
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Okoroawusa: 12:03pm On Dec 29, 2017
South east marketers ve been exploiting igbos since forever

At no time have they sold at normal price.

Are south east marketers d only one lifting fuel at PH,warri depots?

Gradually the truth abt this scarcity is unfolding.

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by melejo(m): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2017
RisMas:
I keep saying this and will continue to say it. Igbos are their own personal enemies. sad sad
You are cursed. So the fuel crises are caused by Igbos

7 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 29, 2017
smiley
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Okoroawusa: 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2017
opribo:
If there is any other attempt or attempted attempt to increase the fuel price we will not only occupy Nigeria, kachikwu would be paraded naked for lying to us that the last increase settles it all. Btw that last increase was the highest singular increment ever made in the history of our beloved country.
U don leave topic begin talk another thing.

U well so?
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Bluffly: 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2017
Write2018:
So this whole thing is about increasing fuel price
You know know before. I knew from the start that marketers are the plot of the artificial scarcity all because they want to smile to the bank. Well the onus still falls on the government, because if the right system has been in place, it will be difficult for gold diggers to exploit

2 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by IbnIbrahim: 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
Where is the FG? This marketers need to be taught some bitter lessons.
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by donbenie(m): 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
nairavsdollars:
But the South East claim they have Oriental oil. Why cant they just build a refinery and sell oil at the price they want?
How many have you built in your father's house..
#EFULEFU

7 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Vivere: 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2017
omohayek:
What a ridiculous article, complete with all the lazy cliches so loved by Nigeria's pathetic excuses for journalists (including the usual nonsense about someone or other "storming" something). Only in failed states like Nigeria does it continue to be believed that price caps can be made to work: the only sensible long-term solution to Nigeria's fuel shortages is to completely deregulate prices and participation in the sector, otherwise you end up like Venezuela, which has the world's largest proven oil reserves, yet its people line up daily for items as basic as toilet paper while its children are suffering from mass starvation.

It really is a shame that no Nigerian "journalists" seem to have even a glancing acquaintance with rudimentary economics.
Please read the article again, within the proper context. These marketers loaded trucks of fuel from NNPC Depot according to the manifest reviewed by DPR. Now, NNPC Depots sell fuel to the marketers at official discounted rate, so they can resell at their stations at an approved price per litre.

Instead of doing so, the marketers are selling at exorbitant rates way above the approved rates, by claiming they got their stock at a high price from other sources. Obviously someone is lying here. If according to the manifest from DPR, these marketers actually loaded fuel at the official discounted rate, then why are they extorting motorists by selling at black market rates? What is going on?

A few stations such as Stanel are still selling at approved rates after loading vfrom NNPC Depots. So why are others selling at higher rates, after loading from the same NNPC? That is why DPR is closing them down. They need to do more investigation in my opinion, though...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Vivere: 12:15pm On Dec 29, 2017
engrchykae:
The DPR man challenged the southeast marketers to provide evidence that a particular depot sold the products to them at an exorbitant price.
We are our own worst enemies.
Please dpr and buhari should permanently revoke the license of erring marketers
Don't be surprised, they won't be able to provide that evidence. Na today?
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by RisMas(m): 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2017
melejo:
You are cursed. So the fuel crises are caused by Igbos
Thunder Fire ya Nyash... Eleeribuuu olori pelebe angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by deco22(m): 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
Is it impossible to repair the NNPC depot at Emene which had broken down since the past 14 years? Why must south east marketers be made to buy petrol in Warri, PH and Lagos.

This is marginalisation.
Not only marginalisation...

Mtcheww.

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Xano(m): 12:18pm On Dec 29, 2017
So101:
These marketers will lie through their teeth and say they can’t lie kmt

Okoroawusa:
South east marketers ve been exploiting igbos since forever

At no time have they sold at normal price.

Are south east marketers d only one lifting fuel at PH,warri depots?

Gradually the truth abt this scarcity is unfolding.

Interesting

PH depot sells between #143-145 per litre. Trucking(cost inclusive)from PH to Southeast(Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra) is about 6-7hours. Now, calculate the profit for filing station owner.

Southeast oil marketes, most sell at #143-145 per litre when there is no scarcity.

This December, like other previous years, except 2013, there were days of no PMS at PH and Warri depot.

Source for information before you criticize.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by tungamaje: 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
Mister you can never sell above #145 whether you like it or not. If what you are saying is true, then make sure you are not cheated again at the depot
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by omohayek: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
Vivere:

Please read the article again, within the proper context. These marketers loaded trucks of fuel from NNPC Depot according to the manifest reviewed by DPR. Now, NNPC Depots sell fuel to the marketers at official discounted rate, so they can resell at their stations at an approved price per litre.

Instead of doing so, the marketers are selling at exorbitant rates way above the approved rates, by claiming they got their stock at a high price from other sources. Obviously someone is lying here. If according to the manifest from DPR, these marketers actually loaded fuel at the official discounted rate, then why are they extorting motorists by selling at black market rates? What is going on?

A few stations such as Stanel are still selling at approved rates after loading vfrom NNPC Depots. So why are others selling at higher rates, after loading from the same NNPC? That is why DPR is closing them down. They need to do more investigation in my opinion, though...
1. I read the article, with plenty of "context". I've been following this story for several years now, so I have as much context as anyone - probably a lot more than you do.
2. There's no magical "context" required to understand that when you cap the price of a good below the true market clearing price, there will be shortages and market distortions. All the verbose "explanations" you've offered do absolutely nothing to cancel this basic, iron law of economics.

You are typical of the Nigerian mindset in wanting to reduce a matter of basic microeconomics to an issue of morality, with "evil" and "greedy" marketers supposedly "lying" about this, that or the other. If they are making the extraordinary profits you seem to imagine, why aren't you raising the funds to get into marketing yourself, rather than complaining about them on Nairaland? Why are you passing up such an easy, risk-free way to get rich overnight? It's not as if the barriers to entry in distributing petrol are super-high, so what excuse do you have for sitting down and doing nothing instead of providing competition to all these "lying", "greedy" marketers and their nefarious "cabals"?

It's funny how all of you who are so quick to hatch conspiracy theories about "marketers" and "cabals" never ask yourselves why these fuel shortages only seem to happen when the international price of crude oil rises above $50/barrel or so. If you had an ounce of intelligence to share between you all, perhaps you'd even ask yourselves why these marketers and cabals only seem to become "greedy" at such times, rather than being "greedy" all year-round. Surely "greedy" people want to make spectacular profits every day of the year!

5 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Vivere: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
Xano:
Interesting

PH depot sells between #143-145 per litre. Trucking(cost inclusive)from PH to Southeast(Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra) is about 6-7hours. Now, calculate the profit for filing station owner.

Southeast oil marketes, most sell at #143-145 per litre when there is no scarcity.

This December, like other previous years, except 2013, there were days of no PMS at PH and Warri depot.

Source for information before you criticize.

PH Depot sells at less than 143 - 145 to the registered, independent marketers, at source. I am not talking about 3rd party sales, that are transacted outside the depot gates by middle men and resellers, who create their own black market. Trucking cost from PH to SE states, is how much per litre? Do the math, please. Then tell us how they can justify selling at 250 per litre, if not for their greed.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by ManMountain(m): 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
Guestlander:

Even without the recent fuel scarcity, the transporters in the SE would have been waiting patiently to gouge the returning passengers from the holidays.
Wait till the first few days in January to see drama.

Many of them will go on the back of open lorries to their destinations in January

2 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Vivere: 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2017
omohayek:

1. I read the article, with plenty of "context". I've been following this story for several years now, so I have as much context as anyone - probably a lot more than you do.
2. There's no magical "context" required to understand that when you cap the price of a good below the true market clearing price, there will be shortages and market distortions. All the verbose "explanations" you've offered do absolutely nothing to cancel this basic, iron law of economics.

You are typical of the Nigerian mindset in wanting to reduce a matter of basic microeconomics to an issue of morality, with "evil" and "greedy" marketers supposedly "lying" about this, that or the other. If they are making the extraordinary profits you seem to imagine, why aren't you raising the funds to get into marketing yourself, rather than complaining about them on Nairaland? Why are you passing up such an easy, risk-free way to get rich overnight? It's not as if the barriers to entry in distributing petrol are super-high, so what excuse do you have for sitting down and doing nothing instead of providing competition to all these "lying", "greedy" marketers and their nefarious "cabals"?

It's funny how all of you who are so quick to hatch conspiracy theories about "marketers" and "cabals" never ask yourselves why these fuel shortages only seem to happen when the international price of crude oil rises above $50/barrel or so. If you had an ounce of intelligence to share between you all, perhaps you'd even ask yourselves why these marketers and cabals only seem to become "greedy" at such times, rather than being "greedy" all year-round. Surely "greedy" people want to make spectacular profits every day of the year!

I decided to reply you with as much civility as possible, because I believed initially that you were a civil person, who believed in decorum. I guess I was wrong. You have chosen to cast aspersions and jump to conclusions about a person you have never met, out of some misplaced sense of aggression.

Words like " You are typical of the Nigerian mindset ....what excuse do you have for sitting down and doing nothing....If you had an ounce of intelligence to share between you all.." all show the kind of inner angst & irrationality, that fuels your thinking. Those who take refuge in insults and rants, in order to score cheap points do not deserve any respect from others.

Am done with you. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by fuck419: 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nigeria is a failed state. Since my childhood till this moment, the price of fuel at the East had always been 80-100 higher than what is sold elsewhere in the country. They kept quiet with the perception that it's not their concern. They treat the East clearly as a distinct state but would not allow them gain her independence. Ask Pheroah(Egypt) and they'll tell you! The TEN PLAGUE is an understatement to what will befall NIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by lastclaire4(f): 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2017
omohayek:
What a ridiculous article, complete with all the lazy cliches so loved by Nigeria's pathetic excuses for journalists (including the usual nonsense about someone or other "storming" something). Only in failed states like Nigeria does it continue to be believed that price caps can be made to work: the only sensible long-term solution to Nigeria's fuel shortages is to completely deregulate prices and participation in the sector, otherwise you end up like Venezuela, which has the world's largest proven oil reserves, yet its people line up daily for items as basic as toilet paper while its children are suffering from mass starvation.

It really is a shame that no Nigerian "journalists" seem to have even a glancing acquaintance with rudimentary economics.
My dear that sector has been deregulated already. It is Buhari insistence on selling pms at the same price all over the country that make it seem it is not deregulated. Before the advent of metre adjustment those in the east do not sell same price like the rest of the country because the cost of transportation from a major player to the east has to be borne by the consumers. That subsidy NNPC claims it is paying is for the difference between price of pms in the south and what could have been obtainable in the north without the influence of govt. The price of groundnut in the north and the price in the south are not same, why? Government has no business in the business of groundnut.
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by omohayek: 12:41pm On Dec 29, 2017
Vivere:

I decided to reply you with as much civility as possible, because I believed initially that you were a civil person, who believed in decorum. I guess I was wrong. You have chosen to cast aspersions and jump to conclusions about a person you have never met, out of some misplaced sense of aggression.

Words like " You are typical of the Nigerian mindset ....what excuse do you have for sitting down and doing nothing....If you had an ounce of intelligence to share between you all.." all show the kind of inner angst & irrationality, that fuels your thinking. Those who take refuge in insults and rants, in order to score cheap points do not deserve any respect from others.

Am done with you. undecided
Sure, whatever. Keep deluding yourself that you're anything other than totally ignorant of economics and bent on substituting the necessary knowledge with conspiratorial thinking and empty moralizing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banbangida Aliyu & Abdullahi Maibasira Lead Atiku & Nasko Campaign In Suleja / Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari / INEC Briefs International Observers On Reasons For Rescheduling General Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.