Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers (32921 Views)

Why We Can’t Sell Petrol At 125/litre – Marketers / Why Petrol May Not Sell At N145 Anytime Soon / We Can No Longer Import, Sell Fuel At N145/litre — Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by omohayek: 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2017
lastclaire4:

My dear that sector has been deregulated already. It is Buhari insistence on selling pms at the same price all over the country that make it seem it is not deregulated. Before the advent of metre adjustment those in the east do not sell same price like the rest of the country because the cost of transportation from a major player to the east has to be borne by the consumers. That subsidy NNPC claims it is paying is for the difference between price of pms in the south and what could have been obtainable in the north without the influence of govt. The price of groundnut in the north and the price in the south are not same, why? Government has no business in the business of groundnut.
How can you say that the sector is "deregulated" while admitting that Buhari has implemented price controls? And how do you reconcile a "deregulated" industry with requiring registration of "official" marketers, or the failure to pass the Petroleum Industry Bill after so many years? You must have a very different definition of the term from the standard one.

5 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by pat1612(m): 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2017
I just bought at 250 who is this govt deceiving by all sort of words angry
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Vivere: 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2017
omohayek:

Sure, whatever. Keep deluding yourself that you're anything other than totally ignorant of economics and bent on substituting the necessary knowledge with conspiratorial thinking and empty moralizing.
I have work experience in the downstream oil industry, so I actually know what I am talking about. Take diesel, for example.

Diesel was fully deregulated years ago. Yet how many of those marketers import diesel on a regular basis, or have enough funds to carry out the business? A large number of them did initially, but many gave up a few years down the line.

As for PMS, as long as a marketer gets stock from a known approved source at an official discounted rate, he is duty bound to sell at the approved retail price. It is a question of ethics. NNPC imported the fuel, and not the marketers.

Now, please don't bother to respond. You would be doing me a great favour by staying out of my mentions.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by ericmani: 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
RisMas:
I keep saying this and will continue to say it. Igbos are their own personal enemies. sad sad
bros even in warri they are still selling it for 250/litre
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by chukel(m): 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
I'm laughing so hard. Tomorrow some idiots will come out and be agitating for Biafra. Is there any yoruba or hausa independent marketer in the East? No. Na we de do ourselves o. We are innately wicked and corrupt in this country. The truth is our problem isn't the politicians but us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Okoroawusa: 12:50pm On Dec 29, 2017
Xano:

Interesting

PH depot sells between #143-145 per litre. Trucking(cost inclusive)from PH to Southeast(Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra) is about 6-7hours. Now, calculate the profit for filing station owner.

Southeast oil marketes, most sell at #143-145 per litre when there is no scarcity.

This December, like other previous years, except 2013, there were days of no PMS at PH and Warri depot.

Source for information before you criticize.
Then they should report to DPR

Depots should sell at 137

Source for information before u criticize.
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by omooba969(m): 12:50pm On Dec 29, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
Is it impossible to repair the NNPC depot at Emene which had broken down since the past 14 years? Why must south east marketers be made to buy petrol in Warri, PH and Lagos.

This is marginalisation.

Your representatives (senators/honourables/governors) should be pushing for its repair making the argument for its benefits as per economic development.
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Vivere: 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2017
Okoroawusa:

Thank you!! Too many people are quick to believe rumours and lies!
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by lastclaire4(f): 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2017
omohayek:

How can you say that the sector is "deregulated" while admitting that Buhari has implemented price controls? And how do you reconcile a "deregulated" industry with requiring registration of "official" marketers, or the failure to pass the Petroleum Industry Bill after so many years? You must have a very different definition of the term from the standard one.
Sorry what environment did u grow up? You sound very warlike. Coming to your observation is the pure water company not registered under a body that oversees safety of water being sold? You can make your opinions known without sounding warlike.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by omohayek: 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2017
Vivere:

I have work experience in the downstream oil industry, so I actually know what I am talking about.
And I was part of the Apollo 13 mission, which means I know what I'm talking about when I say the Earth is flat. Anyone can make bogus - and in your case, totally irrelevant - claims to experience on an anonymous forum.

Take diesel, for example. Diesel was fully deregulated years ago. Yet how many of those marketers import diesel or have enough funds to carry out the business? As for PMS, as long as a marketer gets stock from a known approved source at an official discounted rate, he is duty bound to sell at the approved retail price. It is a question of ethics. NNPC imported the fuel, and not the marketers.
And the nonsense above is exactly what I meant when I talked about a typical Nigerian penchant for reducing economic matters to simplistic moralizing. If marketers are making "unethical" extraordinary profits, why aren't you getting into the business instead of wasting time here on Nairaland? If you understood the basics of microeconomics, you'd have grasped immediately what I was getting at, but instead you make pointless references to "ethics", as if the proper functioning of markets ought to depend on the "ethics" of individuals who are all selling an interchangeable commodity.

Like I said before, your insistence on substituting empty finger-waving for rational thought is typically Nigerian, and it explains why nothing in the country works properly, not even simple things like fuel distribution or electricity provision.

Now, please don't bother to respond. You would be doing me a great favour by staying out of my mentions.
You should have taken your own worthless advice before quoting me to begin with. Oh wait, didn't you already say you were done responding to me before? So why this new, vacuous post of yours, then? I'm betting you won't keep your promise this time either ...

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Vivere: 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2017
omohayek:

And I was part of the Apollo 13 mission, which means I know what I'm talking about when I say the Earth is flat. Anyone can make bogus claims to experience on an anonymous forum.

And the nonsense above is exactly what I meant when I talked about a typical Nigerian penchant for reducing economic matters to simplistic moralizing. If marketers are making "unethical" extraordinary profits, why aren't you getting into the business instead of wasting time here on Nairaland? If you understood the basics of microeconomics, you'd have grasped immediately what I was getting at, but instead you make pointless references to "ethics", as if the proper functioning of markets ought to depend on the "ethics" of individuals who are all selling an interchangeable commodity.

Like I said before, your insistence on substituting empty finger-waving for rational thought is typically Nigerian, and it explains why nothing in the country works properly, not even simple things like fuel distribution or electricity provision.

You should have taken your own worthless advice before quoting me to begin with. Oh wait, didn't you already say you were done responding to me before? So why this new, vacuous post of yours, then? I'm betting you won't keep your promise this time either ...

Another long meaningless rant from you. Again, you missed the point totally. Now, for the last time can you get off my mentions? Or is that too difficult for you to do? You need help for that, too?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by omohayek: 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2017
lastclaire4:

Sorry what environment did u grow up? You sound very warlike. Coming to your observation is the pure water company not registered under a body that oversees safety of water being sold? You can make your opinions known without sounding warlike.
If by "warlike" you mean I show zero patience for people of limited intelligence and education who insist on delving into discussions where they have nothing worthwhile to contribute, or that I believe words should be used in their standard senses, then yes, I am "warlike". Both of your comments quoting me have been simply absurd.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by almarthins(m): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
Is it impossible to repair the NNPC depot at Emene which had broken down since the past 14 years? Why must south east marketers be made to buy petrol in Warri, PH and Lagos.

This is marginalisation.

Una don start again, don't u people have leaders? What are they doing to help u people?

After una go dey blame buhari for every tin, shey na buhari do this one now.

Igbo people and money eh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Vivere: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2017
lastclaire4:
Hehehe.....your post is so funny! grin Thanks, you just made me laugh a great deal. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by almarthins(m): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2017
jbreezy:
Honestly, naija problem is nt only from d pple at d top level...even an average nigerian is corrupt-minded...can't wait to jump out of diz zoo mehn

Where u wan jump to ?
God has bind us together
Ur people like money sha.
After now una go dey blame leaders

U see say na south east the zoo dey?

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by omohayek: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2017
Vivere:

Another long meaningless rant from you. Again, you missed the point totally. Now, for the last time can you get off my mentions? Or is that too difficult for you to do? You need help for that, too?
I won my bet! Why do you expect me to comply with your silly commands when you can't even keep your own promises? Do you think I work for you, or that I owe you money? Keep responding to me and I will keep returning the favor, no matter how much you dislike it. If you really want to be ignored, take your own d*mned advice and stop mentioning me.

Oh, and by the way, the only reason you think what I wrote was a "meaningless rant" was because you're a cretinous room-temperature IQ troll incapable of grasping the meaning of my statements, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by pressplay411(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
Longthroatosis.
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by almarthins(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
fecta:
The answer is simple..
BUHARI FAILED...
No futher story needed

Modified
The poster above thinking of voting for Atiku, is among those destroying this country.
How can you be recycling trash.
We need another candidate or i wont vote.
Thank God that my visa is almost ready seff.

Just say the people failed finish. I never see buhari for this matter now
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Princedapace(m): 1:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
RisMas:
I keep saying this and will continue to say it. Igbos are their own personal enemies. sad sad

U are just a tribal bigot.. In Ibadan, I bought a litre at 200 naira.

This is not an igbo thing. Can we stop this nonsense for once? To even imagine people liked your posts is even crazy.. Those guys said NNPC deport is not working in south east. The best u can do is find out before insulting igbos.

The fact that any legitimate issue brought up in this country is channeled towards ethnic dimension is the major reason I call for restructuring.. This way, how u run your region will not affect another region.. But the current over centralized federal system means what ever is done at Abuja and Lagos, affects the entire country..
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by mamaafrik(m): 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
HELLO NAIRALANDERS,AM I THE ONLY ONE VIEWING THE ADULT PICTURES POSTED ON THIS THREAD OR ARE THE MODERATORS SLEEPING?,SEUN U SHOULDN'T GIVE THE GOVERNMENT THE NEEDED EXCUSE TO CLAMPDOWN on THIS SITEOoooooooooooo,what's all this nonsense all about on a public forum......kwanu.?
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Xano(m): 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2017
Interesting

That amount you wrote was before November, that's NNPC PH depot.

Private depots in PH and Warri sell higher.

Again, source for information.

Okoroawusa:

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

This is marginalisation.

They know what they are doing.
Even to the extent of having refinery in kaduna without any one close to the place where crude is been mined to reduce cost of transportation and all that
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
opribo:
If there is any other attempt or attempted attempt to increase the fuel price we will not only occupy Nigeria, kachikwu would be paraded naked for lying to us that the last increase settles it all. Btw that last increase was the highest singular increment ever made in the history of our beloved country.

kachikwu is not the minister of pertoleum
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Xano(m): 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2017
Vivere:

PH Depot sells at less than 143 - 145 to the registered, independent marketers, at source. I am not talking about 3rd party sales, that are transacted outside the depot gates by middle men and resellers, who create their own black market. Trucking cost from PH to SE states, is how much per litre? Do the math, please. Then tell us how they can justify selling at 250 per litre, if not for their greed.

Interesting

It appears you know to an extent, enquire the NNPC depot price, calculate price for trucking(interstate), add to the price sold.

There is for marine delivery, but this is for trucking.

Remember trucks capacities are about 33,000 - 45,000 litres.

When you post people believe in rumours and lies, you may not know the kind of information the person has.
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Vivere: 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2017
Xano:
Interesting

It appears you know to an extent, enquire the NNPC depot price, calculate price for trucking(interstate), add to the price sold.

There is for marine delivery, but this is for trucking.

Remember trucks capacities are about 33,000 - 45,000 litres.

When you post people believe in rumours and lies, you may not know the kind of information the person has.

Bros, you are not the only one with info. I used to work in the downstream oil industry, and my first job was a depot rep. I can even draw the template for calculation of charges for you.

As long as you are buying at 137 - 138 depot price, and you have your trucking margin added, you can still comfortably sell at the approved retail price. On top of that, the truck owner can still apply and get his bridging claims paid.

Note that I am talking about the normal commercial fuel orders, and NOT talking about products sold outside the depot gate between middle men and third parties, which are black market transactions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Okoroawusa: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2017
Xano:
Interesting

That amount you wrote was before November, that's NNPC PH depot.

Private depots in PH and Warri sell higher.

Again, source for information.

Oga,DPR said,"report to us"

Is that rocket science?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by lost24: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2017
Igbo will make moni with their people

they will continue to suffer until they get common sense

Wicked heartless people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by Vivere: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2017
Okoroawusa:

Oga,DPR said,"report to us"

Is that rocket science?
Abi, o! Instead of reporting the private depot owners to DPR, they are buying fuel from them at 145 and selling at 250 per litre! Cunning man die, cunning man bury am! cheesy

Meanwhile, have you noticed that the stations being shut down for selling at 250 naira, are the ones that loaded fuel direct from NNPC Depot as documented on the manifest?

Those pointing accusing fingers at private depot owners, are yet to name and shame them, publicly.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by princetom1(m): 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
iamrammy:
same old shit, too bad i couldn't read the crap...faild country,i'm planning a revolution,nairalanders support my course lets change this country.

If u are planning to bomb the whole polithiefcian... Many people go support u tongue

1 Like

Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by ifyboy60(m): 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2017
RisMas:
so its only in d southeast dat petrol is sold for 250 per litre.
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by iamrammy(m): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2017
princetom1:

If u are planning to bomb the whole polithiefcian... Many people go support u tongue
that's the idea bro, we need to cleanse the country.
Re: Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers by anuofia(m): 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2017
Thunder go fire anybody who wan vote atiku for 2019! una no see David mark wey go lead us to the promise!he has that leadership quality in him!even when he is the senate president!such a nice man with kind heart

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banbangida Aliyu & Abdullahi Maibasira Lead Atiku & Nasko Campaign In Suleja / INEC Briefs International Observers On Reasons For Rescheduling General Election / VIP's In Bullet-Proof Vehicles ‘Send’ 43 Security Aides To Graves- Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.