Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. (2436 Views)

Picture Of Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa'adatu Barkindo-Musdafa / Emir Sanusi's Wife, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, Revealed (Photo) / Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by kuramo: 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2010
According to Sahara Reporters, Barkindo who until recently was the group managing director of NNPC has been sacked by Mr President, Jonathan Goodluck.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by kuramo: 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2010
The new NNPC MD is Shehu Ladan.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by tijehi(f): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2010
Aboki out-------------------Aboki in = Equation Balalnced.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by tijehi(f): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2010
Aboki out-------------------Aboki in = Equation Balanced.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by marvix(m): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2010
This is getting interesting by the hour Jonathan definitely knows how to move.

Still waiting to see how he shares the ministries among the ministers
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by safeact(m): 3:20pm On Apr 06, 2010
No b small thing. He would have appointed someone from d south or east! Are there no competent persons from the oil reach zones? Y always North? atleast they have had enough of that position. Atleast it would have been a rotational oil job opportunities for them.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by otokx(m): 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2010
Why am I not excited?
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by Pk001(m): 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2010
Calculated moves!
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by 9ja4eva: 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2010
otokx:

Why am I not excited?

Nothing to be excited about.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by desgiezd(m): 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2010
marvix:

This is getting interesting by the hour Jonathan definitely knows how to move.

Still waiting to see how he shares the ministries among the ministers

I only hope you wouldnt be too disappointed by the time you are confronted with  the fact that Dora Akunyili is still the Minister for Information and Diezani Alli-Maduekwe, that non-performing minister, is now the Petroleum Minister.

I also learnt that the corrupt antics of Aondoakaa will be a child's play compared to that of Mohammed Bello Adoke new Minister for Justice & Attorney General.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by sojjy: 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2010
The man Barkindo must have corruptly enrich himself sitting at that exalted seat.Why a northerner again?Does that mean there's no competent man that could direct the affairs of NNPC from where the oil is bn explored.Hmmnn!Hopefully to see a COMPETENT man from Niger Delta occupying that post soon.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2010
We surely are living in interesting times. smiley
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by debosky(m): 3:51pm On Apr 06, 2010
safeact:

No b small thing. He would have appointed someone from d south or east! Are there no competent persons from the oil reach zones? Y always North? atleast they have had enough of that position. Atleast it would have been a rotational oil job opportunities for them.

Were Obaseki and Kupolokun (two previous GMDs) also Northerners?  

We should learn to separate sentiment from fact.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by hardywaltz(m): 4:36pm On Apr 06, 2010
Very very sad news, I keep telling my Niger Delta friends that they are all nothing but noise makers.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2010
Folks Governance does not work like that, it is better to be fair to all Nigerians and thats what we have been asking for. Our only hope is that Northerners should also adhere to this behaviour.

The grouse we had with Yar'adua is over concentration of appointment from the K3 Old Boys network (Katsina, Kano, Kaduna)

But there is a balance to some degree now. Afterall the Petroleum Minister is now from Bayelsa.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2010
Praise the Lord, God is good
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by Ibime(m): 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2010
The whole NNPC senior management should be fired, not just Barkindo.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by Jarus(m): 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2010
Ibime:

The whole NNPC senior management should be fired, not just Barkindo.
. . . and my oga that just got his own job (GM) last month? Abeg o grin
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by Beaf: 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2010
Now he can go to jail with Lukman in tow. The bastards, NNPC cannot even be audited; anybody trying wouldn't even know where to start. What sort of country is it that can't put a figure to the number of barrels extracted and exported? People have just been stealing us blind, filling their own ships with crude outside of the system.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by kokoA(m): 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2010
grin kai! My belle just dey do me yori yori bcoz of all the news I dey hear today! What an easter package from uncle joe. When farida go go?
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by bibiking1(m): 6:57pm On Apr 06, 2010
wow! They replace a mor.on with another village id.iot!
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by chidichris(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2010
@poster,
is this what u call breaking news? we want to hear fired with gun and not this drmatic firing.
just mark the and wait till the next ministerial appointment and see if he will nor make it.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by Beaf: 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2010
bibiking1:

wow! They replace a mor.on with another village id.iot!

You don't understand. NNPC is being re-organised. . . The post is most likely useless.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by MonGee(m): 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2010
It is getting more interesting. Let's watch Jonathan's next move especially with Yardua's aim of remaining relevant thru d visits of spiritual leaders,
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by OAM4J: 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2010
I dont believe in change just for change sake.

Change can be for better or for worse, hope this is for better.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by ReachRich(m): 11:08pm On Apr 06, 2010
The next person to be fired should be Maurice Iwu
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by DisGuy: 11:33pm On Apr 06, 2010
Jarus:

. . . and my oga that just got his own job (GM) last month? Abeg o grin

Dont you want to leave the your post as nairaland resident biographer?
This is your chance to be a big boy in the nigeria context, abeg make your oga go you will become the youngest NNPC MD Insh'Allah
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by 9ijaprince(m): 11:45pm On Apr 06, 2010
Yes goodluck is a good player. Watch out what will come up next.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by marvix(m): 11:46pm On Apr 06, 2010
I learnt its a massive shakedown Jonathan is carryin out in NNPC, the MD of d Portharcourt refinery who is a broda 2 Turai has been asked 2 proceed on 6 mths leave nd has been replaced, but can u imagine d guy orderin d plant bein shut down witout folowin due proces to ensure safety of equipment nd now we wld require 13mths to fix d damaged plant.

Other top shots in d NNPC shld follow suit soon, God help dis nation all we need now is peace, things are lookin up nd if u have gone thru d interview @ NNPC recently but hav not been called xpect ur call soon
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by olamariamjonez(m): 11:56pm On Apr 06, 2010
I think he did d best thing. Some of dis people doesnt know d meaning of d post they re holding.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by jamace(m): 2:29am On Apr 07, 2010
^^^ Who told you? The guy knows what he was supposed to do. The guy was held by a cabal of fuel importers and subsidy collectors who are out to frustrate any attempt to make NNPC functional in order to maintain the status quo.
Re: Breaking News: Nnpc's Md Barkindo Fired. by Tinyemeka(m): 2:53am On Apr 07, 2010
Jamace I agree with u on the ignoble role being perpetrated by the petroleum marketers. Which is why I feel we may need such unconventional and avant-garde operators as Dora Akunyili who are not afraid to risk life or limb in the pursuit of their duties. She can sanitize the Petroleum industry in much the same way she did the drugs market when she headed NAFDAC, although her administration should now come through the Petroleum ministry rather than NNPC. She will still make an impact all the same. Dora is a radical achiever and should be assigned to any of those strategic non-performing ministries such as Petroleum or Power.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Sultan Of Sokoto Demands Amnesty For #boko Haram / I Deserve Commendation, Says Stella Oduah / BREAKING NEWS ; Reps PDP Caucus Endorses Jonathan For Second Term.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.