Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria (67791 Views)

Man Reveals The Stringent Rules Attached To A N100k Job He Applied For (Pix) / Man Shares The Strict Rules Attached To A N100k Job He Once Applied For / Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by daveyjay(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2017
scam alert!!!
tucking in o jawo mo
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Adminisher: 7:59am On Dec 30, 2017
419 emails are easy to spot if your education is good and you have at least average IQ.

Only complete fools fall for online scams.

It is actually not greed that causes victims of scams to fall for them. It is dumbness. This email is 419 and it took me just 2 secs to determine it.
No official email from an advanced country will have sentences constructed this way. The grammar and use of terms/expressions is a dead giveaway.

6 Likes

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 30, 2017
Agimor:
Everyone saying it's a scammer what if it's true.

No organization will ask a yet-to-be to pay any sum of money

1 Like

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 30, 2017
Why does everyone think its a scam? Agreed it has the trappings of a scam but the fellow applied for the job. S/he should contact the company through the official email he used in the application.
For fvcks sake, this is a low end hotelier job, not one of the "too-good-to-be-true kinda job.
I have a friend who got a job in the US for which she applied from Nigeria. Interview was on skype , now babe is flexing life in the US
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by sukar886: 8:00am On Dec 30, 2017
pure scam
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by jamesibor: 8:01am On Dec 30, 2017
pimper24:
Dear applicant ,
CONGRATULATION
We received a mail from the Diplomat at the American Embassy
regarding your job in our hotel .Your Visa , Work Permit and
Employment Authorization Card . A higher Authorized Visa , Work Permit
and Employment Authorization Card has been approved so that you can
come here and start work with us in Spring Hill Hotel
Maryland U.S.A .
The Diplomat will send them to you through CARGO DELIVERY COURIERS
INTERNATIONAL today . He already registered for the transportation
and you need to pay US$250 to the delivery agency for the
transportation of the documents.

NOTE :
Contact the CARGO DELIVERY COURIERS INTERNATIONAL to inquire about the
transportation and delivery of your documents at

- Email: Courierservices.cargo@consulta nt.com

- Web: www.cargodelivery.us

He also said when you read from the CARGO DELIVERY COURIERS
INTERNATIONAL you should let us know . Please do inform us as soon as
you contact the Cargo Delivery Couriers agency or if you received an
email from the agency regarding the documents

Thanks and waiting

SCAM!!

1 Like

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by forayfleo(m): 8:02am On Dec 30, 2017
Just remember APC 2015 and run very far from dis SCAM
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Softhands(m): 8:02am On Dec 30, 2017
Dem go use your $250 do jangilova epo motor... Motor Sport ...skrr skrr... u better save your self the headache and use your money cook pot of soup!...
pimper24:
Dear applicant ,
CONGRATULATION
Maryland U.S.A .

NOTE :

Thanks and waiting
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by jamesibor: 8:03am On Dec 30, 2017
EsotericMonk:
Why does everyone think its a scam? Agreed it has the trappings of a scam but the fellow applied for the job. S/he should contact the company through the official email he used in the application.
For fvcks sake, this is a low end hotelier job, not one of the "too-good-to-be-true kinda job.
I have a gf who got a job in the US for which she applied from Nigeria. Interview was on skype , now babe is flexing life in the US

Dude, if you can not see this is a scam, then I'm afraid you may be one of them. Did your gf pay $250 for delivery of documents?

5 Likes

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by bs81(m): 8:04am On Dec 30, 2017
He should contact the American embassy for authenticity. That's the only way to go.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by saltoasis: 8:05am On Dec 30, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS not congratulation.

"You can come and start work with us". lol, see Yoruba English at work here.

Definitely na one Yahoo boy write am. Error plenty for this letter sha.

3 Likes

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by ACE1010: 8:05am On Dec 30, 2017
Tell your nephew to use his tongue to count his teeth!! He doesn't need to be told what to do.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by SoNature(m): 8:05am On Dec 30, 2017
pimper24:
Dear applicant ,
CONGRATULATION
Maryland U.S.A .

Thanks and waiting

If someone wants to become a G-Boy, he should perfect his use of English first! Yes, that's what the most successful ones among them do. This one is clearly a beginner grin

3 Likes

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by yhormite: 8:06am On Dec 30, 2017
Lautech guys at work
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 30, 2017
U DT need a diviner to tell you it is a scam.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 30, 2017
It is a scam! The reasons are these:

Dear applicant -
That indicates bulk mail. When you are offered a job your employer will address you personally e.g. Dear Sango,

The Diplomat at the American embassy
- This is funny but ridiculous. There is a suggestion that the US has an embassy in the US. The use of the word "the" indicates a specific diplomat however no name was mentioned.

you can come here and start work with us
- This is a Nigerian English. Where is here? If you have an idea how different nationalities write. This line is clearly written by a Nigerian.

Your Visa , Work Permit and Employment Authorization Card . A higher Authorized Visa , Work Permit and Employment Authorization Card has been approved -
There is an indication that your nephew got his visa without applying for one. That borders around insanity. Employers can sponsor your visa application they cannot post your visa. Did your nephew apply for US visa, work permit and employer authorization card? I guess the answer is NO and if he did he would have applied for visa at the US embassy in Nigeria not the US embassy in the US (a ridiculous concept to begin with)

The Diplomat will send them to you through CARGO DELIVERY COURIERS INTERNATIONAL today . He already registered for the transportation and you need to pay US$250 to the delivery agency for the transportation of the documents.
The mysterious diplomat has now taken up the postman position grin. The emphasis is on the cargo delivery which is written in capital letter. This should activate an alarm bell in your head. This is scam. Requesting a payment from an employee to complete employment contract is a confirmation of the fraud. I am sure this so called company paid more than $250 to process the work permit.

Finally the use of language is similar to other internet scams.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by justwise(m): 8:07am On Dec 30, 2017
Phace:
The thing is; people like to think of a lot of things in the negative light. It's a safety measure anyway.

But I think a little look into the good light is necessary. Come to think of it, what if the whole process turns out to be genuine? He'd probably say that the Lord doesn't want him to get the job. I'm just saying.

The best thing is to look up the agency. They always have a website, and therein a customer contact service. Communicate with the organisation, ask if the mail is genuine. It won't cost a thing. You should not lose a good opportunity on sentiments. Just be careful.

So what if the website and the customer service contact are all from the scammers?

How can you apply for a job and immediately visa and work permit are given to you? Bytheway what is visa and work permit?

1 Like

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by omenkaLives(m): 8:07am On Dec 30, 2017
Very poor grammatical construction. Probably scam.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 30, 2017
jamesibor:

Dude, if you can not see this is a scam, then I'm afraid you may be one of them. Did your gf pay $250 for delivery of documents?
Yes boss, I am a G-boy, are you too blind to realise it? "Why you look at me?"
No one would put a gun to his head and ask him to pay $250.
Did you read where I said he should communicate with the company via the official addy or you blindly chose to ignore that line in your eagerness to be right.
What happened to doing a background check on the courier company and tracking his package for himself? Dude, get exposed.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by miqos02(m): 8:13am On Dec 30, 2017
pimper24:
Dear applicant ,
CONGRATULATION
Maryland U.S.A .

NOTE :

Thanks and waiting
the writeup get as e be,looks like a letter written by a JSS 3 student, very unprofessional

1 Like

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by akinreals: 8:15am On Dec 30, 2017
Scam scammer scammest

1 Like

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Jabioro: 8:16am On Dec 30, 2017
EsotericMonk:
I have a gf who got a job in the US for which she applied from Nigeria. Interview was on skype , now babe is flexing life in the US
You can as well assist the guy to pay $250 to proved your IQ..Yeye medemede! Pa laya aja...

5 Likes

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by stchinedu: 8:17am On Dec 30, 2017
This is a scam!!! Don't answer them. A friend of mine was scammed by the idiots last year.

Moreover, before a job is offered, you will have to go through the following. ..
1. Interview through skye
2. Background check
3. Long time correspondence through email...This includes filling of various forms and scanning it to them every...
4. An email will be sent to you congratulating you and clearly stipulating the term of service and your salary with a code number uniquely generated for you.

Finally, you will not be asked to pay a dime.

2 Likes

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by gafarolabisi2(m): 8:18am On Dec 30, 2017
Hushpuppi, Investor BJ and their likes are at it again.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by cupidhero(m): 8:18am On Dec 30, 2017
Them won work am delivery.
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by jamesibor: 8:19am On Dec 30, 2017
EsotericMonk:

Yes boss, I am a G-boy, are you too blind to realise it? "Why you look at me?"
No one would put a gun to his head and ask him to pay $250.
Did you read where I said he should communicate with the company via the official addy or you blindly chose to ignore that line in your eagerness to be right.
What happened to doing a background check on the courier company and tracking his package for himself? Dude, get exposed.

Dude, you don't need to give a confirmation for me to know you are one.

He should communicate which with company? The scam website that was set up to scam innocent people?

See details of the site here as it has already been busted as a fake scamming website.

https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=122967

3 Likes

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by romeorailss: 8:19am On Dec 30, 2017
ApostleT:
It is a scam! The reasons are these:

1. That indicates bulk mail. When you are offered a job your employer will address you personally e.g. Dear Sango,

2. - This is funny but ridiculous. There is a suggestion that the US has an embassy in the US. The use of the word "the" indicates a specific diplomat however no name was mentioned.

3. - This is a Nigerian English. Where is here? If you have an idea how different nationalities write. This line is clearly written by a Nigerian.

4.There is an indication that your nephew got his visa without applying for one. That borders around insanity. Employers can sponsor your visa application they cannot post your visa. Did your nephew apply for US visa, work permit and employer authorization card? I guess the answer is NO and if he did he would have applied for visa at the US embassy in Nigeria not the US embassy in the US (a ridiculous concept to begin with)

The mysterious diplomat has now taken up the postman position grin. The emphasis is on the cargo delivery which is written in capital letter. This should activate an alarm bell in your head. This is scam. Requesting a payment from an employee to complete employment contract is a confirmation of the fraud. I am sure this so called company paid more than $250 to process the work permit.

Finally the use of language is similar to other internet scams.

Bro. Na Real school u go o. No be shookul angry

2 Likes

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 30, 2017
Next time you can use the Whois to check details of site. If they are newly registered domain, and it's billing cycle is just for a year. It's always mostly a scam. No real business will register a domain for just a year.
Also if it is scam they mostly always use temp disposable emails e.g Courierservices.cargo@consulta nt.com

You can as well check reviews about the site online you will most likely see reviews by people that have been scammed in the past or that have also received the same messages asking them to send correspondence to same domain and email address.
Look sharp and don't be stupid.Happy New Year and Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by directonpc(m): 8:21am On Dec 30, 2017
@pimper24

As a webmaster I ran the most basic test to detect the authenticity of the mail you shared.

See Alexa ranking for the alleged cargo site

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/cargodelivery.us

The site looks something they setup recently and they have traffic from a few guys like you that they are trying to scam.

They get 0 traffic from Google search which is fishy if they are a real cargo company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by edupedia: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2017
dominique:
Yahoo boys at work, he should run for his life
....yahoo boys and bad grammar...said congratulation instead of congratulations...u should have stopped reading after that bad grammar...

1 Like

Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by Ten06(m): 8:22am On Dec 30, 2017
pimper24:
Dear applicant ,
CONGRATULATION
Maryland U.S.A .

NOTE :

Thanks and waiting
This is nothing but a #SCAM
Re: My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria by jamesibor: 8:22am On Dec 30, 2017
pimper24:
Dear applicant ,
CONGRATULATION
Maryland U.S.A .

NOTE :

Thanks and waiting

Op, even the website has been confirmed to be a fake one set up to scam people. Don't listen to people like EsotericMonk who seem to be their agents on nairaland, nudging potential victims on.

Here's a link to where the site was busted. https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=122967

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Differences Between Tradesmen And Non Tradesmen As Regards To Nigeria Army / Graduate Job Vacancies- You Can Apply If You Are Qualified / Lady Works As Labourer To Earn "Urgent 2k"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.