Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. (8907 Views)

Abike Dabiri, Ohaneze Ndigbo Condemn Attack On Sen. Ekweremadu In Germany / Peter Obi Visits Nnia Nwodo, Ohaneze Ndigbo President (photos) / FG Seeks Temporary Forfeiture Of Ekweremadu’s ‘hidden Assets’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
Ohaneze Ndigbo, the Pan-Igbo socio-cultural group, said it would resist any attempt to discredit Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu.

Mr. Ekweremadu faces the prospects of losing some of his assets following legal moves by the federal government. The government accuses him of owning local and foreign assets he did not declare as expected by law to the Code of Conduct Bureau. He has, however, denied any wrongdoing, saying he declared all his assets.

The President-General of Ohaneze, Nnia Nwodo, in a statement on Thursday in Enugu, said it was preposterous for the federal government to be carrying out unwarranted inquisition into Mr Ekweremadu’s life.

He said that the allegation that Mr Ekweremadu, the highest ranking Igbo politician in the country, embezzled public funds without any prima facie case was inappropriate.

Mr Nwodo stated that the idea of asking the senator to defend himself instead of his accusers showing how he fraudulently enriched himself, amounted to turning the law upside down.

He said Mr Ekweremadu is a revered Igbo son and had attracted a lot of development to his area without any previous accusation of embezzlement.

“Sen. Ekweremadu is a revered Igbo son whose public image is very high and who has attracted a lot of development to his area; he has never occupied any public office where he was accused of embezzlement.”

The president-general queried the system of investigation where one was tried for simply belonging to a political party “and is exonerated of an offence he committed for belonging to a political party or being in government.”

He said some serving military officers had been let off the hook either through plea bargain or for just changing from one political party to another.

He also said that a former governor of Enugu State whose property was under investigation was now dining with the head of state after dumping his former party for the ruling party.

Mr Nwodo warned that the apex Igbo group would no longer fold it arms while Igbo sons were being systematically singled out for persecution in a country they had contributed so much to build.

He observed that the cautionary statement by Mr Ekweremadu had been and was still being echoed by many prominent Nigerians and wondered why his case would be different.

He said that it was such selective justice and marginalisation of Ndigbo that fuelled agitations by their young ones for self-determination, adding that restructuring was a first step toward assuaging the situation.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/264108-hidden-assets-ohaneze-vows-to-defend-ekweremadu.html

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2018
Shameless Ohaneze. You won't defend innocent youths who seek right to self determination and are being killed and buried hurriedly in shallow graves it is now a typical Nigerian politician that is corrupt that you're defending.

I know Buhari won't even take you guys seriously. If Ekweremadu is innocent let him prove himself in the court of law. An innocent man fears no accusation. Defend the defenceless and not a politician with access to hundreds of SANs and CJs.

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Jwonder(m): 10:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
As a nairalander once said
"Ikeoha ndi Igbo, though you're a thief but as my brother; I'll support you in this. Never will u see a Yoruba man call Tinubu a criminal nor a hausa call Buhari or Dambazzau a thief but they expect me to hang my own brother."

I STAND WITH Ike Ekweremadu

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 05, 2018
Igbo Amaka,
Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by CoolFreeday(m): 10:24pm On Apr 05, 2018
That's is the problem of this country.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by yanabasee(m): 10:34pm On Apr 05, 2018
Buhari's asset declaration wasnt properly investigated and he shut down every moves by hiring tenths of SANs to fight for him....

So why is Saraki, Dogara and Ekwremadu's case a different one from that of the president?

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

Mr Nwodo stated that the idea of asking the senator to defend himself instead of his accusers showing how he fraudulently enriched himself, amounted to turning the law upside down.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/264108-hidden-assets-ohaneze-vows-to-defend-ekweremadu.html

Buhari's regime self is upside down

Baba Buhari is only fighting those he perceived as enemies or weak!

Are you telling me that Buhari, Amaechi, Tinubu, OBJ, IBB, Kanu, Saraki, Dogara and co does not have hidden asset?

Buhari will not even be remembered for anything
cause a corrupt man cannot fight corruption!

I am not in support of any politician! Those who have gifted this country with poverty must surely face judgement

They might escape man but not God.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
hmm......after looting us ......

if the king of this world did not see u ,the king of hereafter is definitely watching....

but I thought this so called GIANT OF AFRICA indeed is fighting corruption.......

TEN KINGS TEN REGIMES
the same mighty God that took away those that looted Nigeria at the first place .....

BEHOLD!!!!!.that same God is definitely coming for the rest who is looting us and those ones who also have the intention of doing the same .
Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2018
Ekweremadu is a known thief
He must be made to vomit all the yams he ate since 1999... The man is a smart crook

All Nigerian politicians are selfish and corrupt
Including Buhari

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by ZZ22: 11:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
When Buhari bids a price Ohaneze will reverse and sell Ekweremmadu out.

7 Likes

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Balyz: 11:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
I have always said it and I will say it again: Ibos have criminality ingrained in their DNA, they have this irrepressible urge to defend a criminal, just so long as he is making money and of course he is one of their own. Just take a look at them come to this crook's defence

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by NonsoWow: 12:24am On Apr 06, 2018
Count Anambra out of it. No sane Anambra indigene would defend a wawa criminal. Wawa-born Nwodo of Ohaneze is just trying to justify stealing because it involves his wawa broda.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 06, 2018
Balyz:
I have always said it and I will say it again: Ibos have criminality ingrained in their DNA, they have this irrepressible urge to defend a criminal, just so long as he is making money and of course he is one of their own. Just take a look at them come to this crook's defence

No single yoruba man on this forum has openly called Tinubu a criminal nor has a fulani man called buhari a fulani fascist.

hypocrite!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by mpianya39(m): 4:51am On Apr 06, 2018
NonsoWow:
Count Anambra out of it. No sane Anambra indigene would defend a wawa criminal. Wawa-born Nwodo of Ohaneze is just trying to justify stealing because it involves his wawa broda.

Hydraulic soup wanna be Nwa anambra grin grin

Eziokwu adiozie undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Nairalanddist: 10:45am On Apr 06, 2018
angry Look at these shameless people and yet these ones are dreaming of producing President in 2023 Igbos are truly their own enemies. No Yoruba group will shamelessly defend a thief

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by unknownsolja: 10:45am On Apr 06, 2018
nigeria was never supposed to be one because everything is done based on where you come from hell..you need to even fill in your state of origin..igbos see it as witch hunting and if Ekweremadu was yoruba the yorubas will feel the same way and the guys from the north as well..we are too tribalistic in nigeria and we are always the first to shout racism.you see this is why nigeria will forever be a poo hole,no equal justice.by the time tinubut,obasanjo and ibb are in prison then i can take nigeria serious.ex korean president is going to jail for 24yrs
Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by LastSurvivor11: 10:46am On Apr 06, 2018
Am not in support of corruption of any kind or from anyone but the truth is that you cannot be dining with burutai who have a very similar case, then people like Maina, Abba kyari, Lawal, Amechi, tinubu n co but want Igbos to keep quiet while you go after Ekweremadu..

What is good for the goose should be good for the gander.
Even the buhari himself appear to be more corrupt than all the people I mentioned combined..
We are all in a sorry state in this country

1 Like

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Abfinest007(m): 10:46am On Apr 06, 2018
let forget tribe if he is guilty let him face d music

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by LastSurvivor11: 10:46am On Apr 06, 2018
Funnicator:
Shameless Ohaneze. You won't defend innocent youths who seek right to self determination and are being killed and buried hurriedly in shallow graves it is now a typical Nigerian politician that is corrupt that you're defending.

I know Buhari won't even take you guys seriously. If Ekweremadu is innocent let him prove himself in the court of law. An innocent man fears no accusation. Defend the defenceless and not a politician with access to hundreds of SANs and CJs.

U made some valid point but buhari himself at the moment has no moral right to persecute anyone in the opposition while he hasn't done anything on burutai n co who is having a very similar accusation..
U see why some people call it witch hunt..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by bonechamberlain(m): 10:47am On Apr 06, 2018
perfect, if northerners can defend abacha, buhari and co, southwest defend tinubu obj and co. why shouldn't the east defend ekweremadu. ride on ohaneze. useless country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Kobicove(m): 10:48am On Apr 06, 2018
The accusations against the guy are weighty therefore he should go and defend himself...

This attitude of always playing the ethnic or tribal card whenever someone is accused of corruption will not help us in this country. angry

Acts of corruption must be condemned by all in the strongest possible terms irrespective of who is involved- That is the only way this contry and the African continent at large can move forward!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by victorazyvictor(m): 10:48am On Apr 06, 2018
Funnicator:

grin

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Lumig: 10:48am On Apr 06, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

... This is one of the problems we have in Nigeria, tribalizing everything and we keep on complaining things are not working and the level of corruption is high. Imagine a respected organization like Ohaneze vomiting rubbish like this,in fact I am...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by LibertyRep: 10:50am On Apr 06, 2018
That's the way to go in Nigeria, a country greatly divided along tribal and religious lines.

Arewa should rise in defence of Saraki & Dasuki.
Afenifere shouldn't allow Falae, Obanikoro and FFK be touched even if they share out of the NSA infamous disbursement.

After Ohanenze, I expect his Church to also rise in his defence.

The easiest ways to wriggle yourself out of trouble is to steal so much that can help you hire enough intimidating SANs and also whip up tribal and religious sentiments so loud that the prosecuting agencies wld be blackmailed into keeping mute

1 Like

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by knoph2007: 10:53am On Apr 06, 2018
Funnicator:

This is a reason Nigeria development is far. Tribal and religion raised on serious issues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by BornAgainMay: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2018
grin
Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by oyetunder(m): 10:55am On Apr 06, 2018
They are free! Let us all be busy defending demons while we are waiting for Nigeria to move forward. They must defend him...they are sons of Esau. always ready to sell their own destiny for a meal.
Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by EarthXmetahuman: 10:56am On Apr 06, 2018
Why igbos always defend their corrupt officials?

Dem use am do these people?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Assets: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Defend Ekweremadu.. by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 06, 2018
You can trust them for that, yeye people, that is their stock in trade

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’m A Product Of God’s Special Mercy, Protection - Osinbajo / Governors Tackle Akpabio, Deny Receiving FG N1 Trillion Lifeline / FG, States, LGs Share ₦‎1.123 Trillion In March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.