Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency (27386 Views)

President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries / Modular Refineries To Be Commissioned By December - Ibe Kachikwu Reveals / Where Are The Modular Refineries? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by grandstar(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
peacenaija:

You're right, no sane producer will sell less than it's cost of production but I'm sure that it wil be cheaper buying from local refineries because the cost of purchasing will exclude the cost of shipping in the fuel. You talk about deregulation, do you think dangote and other investors in refinery business will want govt to fix price or demand n supply to do the work? By the time those refineries begin operations, the sector will be fully privately controlled and the govt will only give oversight functions and regulate the operations so that the citizen will get value of money paid.. Methinks, the move by the government is the best, allow investors to invest and allow dd n as to dictate the price.. my opinion tho

Buhari still wants to regulate the price despite the urging of Kackwuku. Kackwuku had long advised him to deregulate but he refused.

If he had done this when the price was low, no one would have noticed.

Now he wants to subsidise and the Senate are against it saying correctly that the subsidy was not factored into the budget.

It's strange that the Senate is indirectly supporting a rise in petrol prices which is usually very unpopular.

I suspect that either the Senate is now seeing the benefit in deregulation or that the private oil operators such as Dangote have bought the senators over. A fixed price regime would ruin their business.

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Olukat(m): 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2017
divicode:

I am not sure you understood what you read except you can obviously not comprehend. I will not rule the pathetic issue issue senility out though.

So how do you expect the refinery to get to Nigeria? It should be shipped through young shall grow motors?

You have lost it with your entire generations

When you are done with your insults we can discuss!
However, you should know that the construction and fabrications of a modular refinery takes place at site.

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Olukat(m): 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2017
TEYA:

Four football fields huh! Do you know the average size of a cargo ship?

Pls go tru my post again!
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Olukat(m): 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2017
tunlasky:

Containerised doesn't mean in one container, they could be in various containers.

There are series of equipment that will be shipped.
If you are in this field you will identify the insincerity in the statement.
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by iswallker(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2017
Adminisher:

Can you read sir?
"...have their mini-refineries modules already fabricated, assembled and containerized overseas, ready for shipment to Nigeria for installation..."

And you beleive what you wrote up there.

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by donogaga(m): 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by AFONJAPIG(m): 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2017
Adminisher:

The modular refinery ideea is even stupid. Only ignorant people think it is a sound idea. One of the problems with poverty is it makes humans fight for crumbs. It is an insult to your generation to be fighting for a stupid idea of uneconomic small scale production of a fossil energy source liquid that will go out of use in 20 years.
the useless Fulani dullard is committing greatest blunder of the century, how can we allow a man who can not even remember his own birthday and age to rule a country with over 30 million university graduate,

bet me only Yoruba Muslims will support this idea and lies

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 30, 2017
Olukat:

When you are done with your insults we can discuss!
However, you should know that the construction and fabrications of a modular refinery takes place at site.

I laugh at your folly and nativity. In fact, they mine the copper, Aluminium and iron at the refinery

The most stupid person is the one never ready to learn and naive about his nativity

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Pecca: 11:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
Adminisher:

Can you read sir?
"...have their mini-refineries modules already fabricated, assembled and containerized overseas, ready for shipment to Nigeria for installation..."
I don't expect you not believe that...but I don't. it's all about 2019
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Amerage(m): 11:26pm On Dec 30, 2017
we are all waiting for it to begin operation until then, please find another way to solving Nigeria's problems
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2017
koolgee:
Okay that's good!
But, experts are of the opinion that modular refineries won't suffice for Nigeria but, a robust and rugged refineries
True, we need refinery like the type dangote is building, 2 or 3 should be enough, instead building those things that will turn scrap after some few yrs.
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2017
Buhari's govt. is built on lies n propagandas....no sensible Nigerian will listen to them again....we're waiting for 2019 to do the needful...Nigeria will be great again....
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by MONITZ: 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2017
Adminisher:

Can you read sir?

And u believe so just because they said so right? U should also know that this government blew hot and cold and also went back and forth in the not too distant past on some statements they already released to the public for general consumption in the past ,and this particular example might still still not be any exception because just like peak milk it's in them already,useless bunch of pathological liars..

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by simeotexy: 11:59pm On Dec 30, 2017
thank God they are plantin two in akwa ibom....they should remove dat ibom connection and plant it there and also planting d oda at bak of le meridien
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by almarthins(m): 12:00am On Dec 31, 2017
littlewonders:
...and they think we will believe it. People like sarrki and his ilks will believe it openly. If Buhari have up to 1,000 votes come 2019 then we will know the election was criminally rigged.

I don't know what happened to KOWA party these set of ultimate cycler people called PDP and APC are using area boys in Agbada to run their fraternity.

Modified.
As I took my time, use my brain, involved my hands to type my words, I never ask for anybody to correct me, protest me(I'm not your government). So please and please don't quote me.

Go quote your rhymes and poems. Abeg!

I dislike buhari administration doesn't mean I hate him. From my write-ups I never said anything about south east. I don't know what that nigga below me is saying.

Forget this online talk the man still get huge supporter o!
If u no vote no mean other people won't .

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by simeotexy: 12:01am On Dec 31, 2017
simeotexy:
thank God they are plantin two in akwa ibom....they should remove dat ibom connection and plant it there and also planting d oda at bak of le meridien
simeotexy:
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by almarthins(m): 12:07am On Dec 31, 2017
DieBuhari:

Rubbish.

Why don't they start it, complete it and get it working before telling us.

This is useless propaganda as usual

Una funny o! Wetin u sabi do self?
Noise making apart. grin

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by GavelSlam: 12:13am On Dec 31, 2017
Adminisher:

The modular refinery ideea is even stupid. Only ignorant people think it is a sound idea. One of the problems with poverty is it makes humans fight for crumbs. It is an insult to your generation to be fighting for a stupid idea of uneconomic small scale production of a fossil energy source liquid that will go out of use in 20 years.

Just Google modular refinery and stop broadcasting your ignorance.

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Vivere: 12:47am On Dec 31, 2017
Adminisher:
You claim the refinery ideas are stewvpid. Yet, you have not offered any concrete solution to the problem. sad So until the oil goes out of fashion in 20 years, everyone in the country should sit down and twiddle their thumbs, and hope that fluctuating fuel prices, inadequate supply of petroleum products and worse still fuel scarcity, would just disappear by magic?

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Vivere: 12:58am On Dec 31, 2017
TEYA:
Do you know the meaning of modular refinery? Why don't some of you guys stick to the romance section. The level of the discourse in the politics section is beyond your IQ.
Savage!

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by IMASTEX: 2:36am On Dec 31, 2017
REDDEVILS1:
The achievements of this Buhari administration is found only in paper.
And in an unending future.
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by lexy2014: 3:08am On Dec 31, 2017
peacenaija:
I'm not a supporter of this present administration in any level but I believe that by 2020 Nigeria will be free from the issue induced fuel scarcity by otedola and co. so no free money for them again.. To be frank, with the completion of dangote's refinery by 2019 nd all these modular refineries we should have no business importing again and if we have to it will be little..
otedola and co didn't do anything. Its nnpc thats now responsible 4 importing fuel. Isn't it a shame,a disgrace that as a Nigerian, u are waiting 4 dangote 2 give u fuel when we have 4 refineries? U are saying dangote refinery as if its a campaigb promise.Which is easier, 2 build from scratch or repair something?that shows u d mischief of this govt.

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Adminisher: 5:16am On Dec 31, 2017
Vivere:

You claim the refinery ideas are stewvpid. Yet, you have not offered any concrete solution to the problem. sad So until the oil goes out of fashion in 20 years, everyone in the country should sit down and twiddle their thumbs, and hope that fluctuating fuel prices, inadequate supply of petroleum products and worse still fuel scarcity, would just disappear by magic?

The ideas I have offered is expansion of existing refineries and Co-location of new refineries where there are other refineries.
This is the only way to produce fuel cheaply. Refineries are not knew in this world. They are mature technologies and it is established fact that the BIGGER, the CHEAPER
Anyone building a refinery less than 100, 000 barrels a day is an idiot.

Please take it from me that modular refineries will never make a single dollar of profit in the Niger Delta.

I am not saying it for argument or because I don't like Nigeria.
It is just the truth .
Dangotes refinery is 650,000 barrels and would produce maybe 100 by products ..that is a business. Modular refineries are a joke.
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by mex22: 5:39am On Dec 31, 2017
peacenaija:
I'm not a supporter of this present administration in any level but I believe that by 2020 Nigeria will be free from the issue induced fuel scarcity by otedola and co. so no free money for them again.. To be frank, with the completion of dangote's refinery by 2019 nd all these modular refineries we should have no business importing again and if we have to it will be little..

My friend close that your mouth if u don't have anything tangible to say.It's people like u that put us in this mess with your retarded thinking.Since up till this moment u are still expecting magic from buhari your principal.That man is a collossal failure I can beat my chest 100% that no magic would happen before 2019.The only thing we would see by 2018 is the flow of money owing to d fact that Apc wants to win elections at all cost but I wounder how they will campaign and what visible achievements will they show Nigerians while campaigning.They should get ready to be disgraced in any form.

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Nnamdiojukwu: 5:59am On Dec 31, 2017
DieBuhari:

Rubbish.

Why don't they start it, complete it and get it working before telling us.

This is useless propaganda as usual
How many projects were initiated,start and completed by jonathan led administration?
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Adminisher: 6:02am On Dec 31, 2017
mex22:

My friend close that your mouth if u don't have anything tangible to say.It's people like u that put us in this mess with your retarded thinking.Since up till this moment u are still expecting magic from buhari your principal.That man is a collossal failure I can beat my chest 100% that no magic would happen before 2019.The only thing we would see by 2018 is the flow of money owing to d fact that Apc want to win elections at all cost but I wounder how the will campaign and what visible achievements the will show Nigerians while campaigning.They should get ready to be disgraced in any form.

Okay just to correct you.

Buhari is NOT a failure. His achievements are considerable. Please go to the rural areas, go into Agric, agro allied and other areas.

If you are an urban dwelling Youth yes you guys have been hit hard but permit me to be a little harsh , you guys are the problem with Nigeria. You don't have an understanding of what a productive economy is and what sacrifices must be made to restructure it.

Look at what you posted above. All you hinted at is that money was not flowing to your pocket in the criminal ways as before and you think that is a bad thing.

Buhari is going to WIN the next elections hands down anyway except you are deceiving yourselves.

The only thing I disagree with is the Modular Refineries. It is the most stupid way to produce refined products especially for Nigeria where logistics costs are atrocious. I think the FG reached for it to create jobs and stop artisan refineries but I am very sure the ideas are not economic.

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Nnamdiojukwu: 6:08am On Dec 31, 2017
mex22:

My friend close that your mouth if u don't have anything tangible to say.It's people like u that put us in this mess with your retarded thinking.Since up till this moment u are still expecting magic from buhari your principal.That man is a collossal failure I can beat my chest 100% that no magic would happen before 2019.The only thing we would see by 2018 is the flow of money owing to d fact that Apc want to win elections at all cost but I wounder how the will campaign and what visible achievements the will show Nigerians while campaigning.They should get ready to be disgraced in any form.
You can beat chest as long as you can,government actions are not like panadol and headache,believe or not pmb is working,for those that know and recongnised good thing are appreciating it.
what you guys know and want is to see now,eat now without remembering the future,that was the culture during the reign of pdp for 16yrs,it is also the reason we are where we are now that you guys blamed it on pmb.
Pmb is investing in the future not just now,his crime is not making money available for looting,speak the truth and shame the devil

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by iblawi(m): 6:28am On Dec 31, 2017
Olukat:
" Amakpe Refinery meant to be located in Akwa Ibom, and OPAC Refinery to be based in Delta State – have their mini-refineries modules already fabricated, assembled and containerized overseas, ready for shipment to Nigeria for installation"
Are these refineries That small that a whole unit is fabricated and put in a container?
These guys have lost it angry

That's why it's called modular refinery. It can be relocated with easy. If the company feels akwa ibom state government is frustrating their effort, they easily dismantle the refinery and relocate it to Ondo. This is different from a green field refinery like that of dangote or portharcourt refinery.

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by yahmohy27: 7:09am On Dec 31, 2017
koolgee:
Okay that's good!
But, experts are of the opinion that modular refineries won't suffice for Nigeria but, a robust and rugged refineries
One good head is better than two dead brain heads
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by daywatcher: 7:22am On Dec 31, 2017
Grant legal status to the illegal refineries and gbam the problem is sorted
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:32am On Dec 31, 2017
Adminisher:

Can you read sir?
wat have dey been doin since 2015 dey entered govt?

Calm In Umuahia, Aba After Nnamdi Kanu's Re-arrest As IPOB Keeps Mum / Tinubu Intensifies Consultations, Visits IBB / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Backs NLC Planned Strike

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64