Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency (27387 Views)

President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries / Modular Refineries To Be Commissioned By December - Ibe Kachikwu Reveals / Where Are The Modular Refineries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Vivere: 7:49am On Dec 31, 2017
Adminisher:
The ideas I have offered is expansion of existing refineries and Co-location of new refineries where there are other refineries. This is the only way to produce fuel cheaply. Refineries are not knew in this world. They are mature technologies and it is established fact that the BIGGER, the CHEAPER
Anyone building a refinery less than 100, 000 barrels a day is an idiot.

Please take it from me that modular refineries will never make a single dollar of profit in the Niger Delta.

I am not saying it for argument or because I don't like Nigeria.
It is just the truth .
Dangotes refinery is 650,000 barrels and would produce maybe 100 by products ..that is a business. Modular refineries are a joke.
Expansion of our existing govt-owned refineries?? shocked Do you know the current state of our existing refineries? Are you aware that many of them were built several years ago, and many of their core parts have become obsolete? Not only that, Turn Around Maintenance has not been done as properly as it should, and has failed to address the problem of incessant breakdowns. Unless, you are talking about a complete overhaul of those existing refineries, which is akin to building a new one. Otherwise, expanding existing refineries, may end up being like throwing good money after bad! sad There are refineries older than our own in other countries, but the only reason they have been functioning well, is that a strict and regular maintenance programme has been followed from day one, and components of those refineries have been retooled, overhauled and upgraded as and when due, over a period of time!

As for your assertion that only big refineries can produce cheap fuel, please note that technology has improved vastly and small refineries can also produce cheap fuel, even if it is not as cheap as the ones the big refineries produce. If we have 10 small refineries in Nigeria producing between 30,000 and 50,000 barrels per day, don't you think it would still have some favourable impact on our fuel supply? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by romeorailss: 7:52am On Dec 31, 2017
Olukat:
" Amakpe Refinery meant to be located in Akwa Ibom, and OPAC Refinery to be based in Delta State – have their mini-refineries modules already fabricated, assembled and containerized overseas, ready for shipment to Nigeria for installation"
Are these refineries That small that a whole unit is fabricated and put in a container?
These guys have lost it angry

I can see that NwaAmaikpe Now has a refinery undecided Is, that why we no longer see him?

1 Like

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by anonimi: 8:07am On Dec 31, 2017
Adminisher:
Can you read sir?
"...have their mini-refineries modules already fabricated, assembled and containerized overseas, ready for shipment to Nigeria for installation..."

Is that the same way you read about the school lunch by barawo bubu and his 40 thieves presidency cabal of the All Poverty Congress, APC
Continue deceiving yourself thinking that you are deceiving others.
You are On Your Own- OYO.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3018404_fbimg1440078497612_jpeg3a8a60a93f1e032153541a608593102d

1 Like

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by anonimi: 8:15am On Dec 31, 2017
midolian:
Be deceiving yaself..
The mistake you guys make is that u see the east as a country. The east is only a part of this country characterized with noise-making and chest-beating. lemme take this time to remind you that neither of these wins election or results in anything positive
Sleep well

Neither does telling lies and deceiving the citizens win elections except they are 200 million mumus, as described in Lagbaja's song.
How can Vacant Pastor (VP) Osunbande be telling us refineries are ALMOST ready when just seven months ago, the vision-less, clueless barawo bubu All Poverty Congress, APC administration said it was no longer interested?
Abeg carry your lies and propaganda go front, we are not buying.
#OurMumuDonDo.

Why FG will no longer allow establishment of modular refineries in Niger Delta – Kachikwu
May 12, 2017

The Federal Government, yesterday, declared that it would no longer allow the proliferation of modular refineries across the Niger Delta region.

Recall that government had a few weeks ago said it would encourage the setting up of modular crude oil refineries in oil-producing communities across the Niger Delta.

More from: http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/12/fg-will-no-longer-allow-establishment-modular-refineries-niger-delta-kachikwu/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3480904_apc1_jpege980b9f403e0cdbd1be00ef14a7d8b75

4 Likes

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by BanevsJoker(m): 8:39am On Dec 31, 2017
willibounce1:
I'm waiting patiently for 2019 to see if Nigerians will still vote for APC. That's when I'll conclude its finally over for this country.
It's already over. Don't bother.

1 Like

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by saintkeppy(m): 8:44am On Dec 31, 2017
Adminisher:

Please if you don't know stop posting.
All refineries are made up of columns, crackers, reactors, furnaces, vessels, boilers, pumps compressors. Yes they are separately manufactured and coupled. In fact the whole meaning of the word "modular" is that it is made in modules (sub sections) to be coupled on site.
Pls reduce your social media activity and READ.

Don't mind him.
He lacks the understanding on how these things works. Even a layman knows different components of a Refinery is to be Installed/coupled on ground for it to function fully. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by uvalued(m): 9:03am On Dec 31, 2017
BMCSlayer:
Its a lie.
True Savage
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by chngebeginwthme: 9:07am On Dec 31, 2017
littlewonders:
...and they think we will believe it. People like sarrki and his ilks will believe it openly. If Buhari have up to 1,000 votes come 2019 then we will know the election was criminally rigged.

I don't know what happened to KOWA party these set of ultimate cycler people called PDP and APC are using area boys in Agbada to run their fraternity.

Modified.
As I took my time, use my brain, involved my hands to type my words, I never ask for anybody to correct me, protest me(I'm not your government). So please and please don't quote me.

Go quote your rhymes and poems. Abeg!

I dislike buhari administration doesn't mean I hate him. From my write-ups I never said anything about south east. I don't know what that nigga below me is saying.

LOL someone who don't have a stake in any election is taking who care about your existence..

2 Likes

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by chngebeginwthme: 9:08am On Dec 31, 2017
DieBuhari:
They haven't even started it and they are claiming it has reached advanced stage.

APC and senseless propaganda

LOL i sense a pained wailing pig..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by chngebeginwthme: 9:10am On Dec 31, 2017
DieBuhari:

Rubbish.

Why don't they start it, complete it and get it working before telling us.

This is useless propaganda as usual

How will you be able to follow it up and hold them for it if they fail if they did not tell you..

Beside how will you have something to wail about in the first place..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by peacenaija(m): 9:53am On Dec 31, 2017
mex22:

My friend close that your mouth if u don't have anything tangible to say.It's people like u that put us in this mess with your retarded thinking.Since up till this moment u are still expecting magic from buhari your principal.That man is a collossal failure I can beat my chest 100% that no magic would happen before 2019.The only thing we would see by 2018 is the flow of money owing to d fact that Apc want to win elections at all cost but I wounder how the will campaign and what visible achievements the will show Nigerians while campaigning.They should get ready to be disgraced in any form.
why are you like this? Are so blind or you just wanna spew gibberish from the cesspit you call mouth. I categorically stated that I'm not supporting the administration and I did not give credits to them. I was only concern about the investment by private individuals and I believe that when the modular refineries and the greenfield refinery start operations Nigeria will be free from fuel scarcity because the sector will be fully deregulated. My friend, is that too much to comprehend? Thanks for showing the quality of Education you've got.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 31, 2017
Lies everywhere
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by surgical: 10:19am On Dec 31, 2017
Pharaoh001:
Bullshit propaganda again!

Can't trust any Government again ..they're all scams
The man is a pastor o.
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by surgical: 10:29am On Dec 31, 2017
anonimi:

Neither does telling lies and deceiving the citizens win elections except they are 200 million mumus, as described in Lagbaja's song.
How can Vacant Pastor (VP) Osunbande be telling us refineries are ALMOST ready when just seven months ago, the vision-less, clueless barawo bubu All Poverty Congress, APC administration said it was no longer interested?
Abeg carry your lies and propaganda go front, we are not buying.
#OurMumuDonDo.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3480904_apc1_jpege980b9f403e0cdbd1be00ef14a7d8b75
. The social media will make things more difficult for the oppressors because of the unfettered access to information , lies and propagandas can easily be uncovered, this will never be possible with the bribe taking main stream median a k a fake news channels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Olukat(m): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2017
divicode:

grin grin grin
I laugh at your folly and nativity. In fact, they mine the copper, Aluminium and iron at the refinery

The most stupid person is the one never ready to learn and naive about his nativity

I have nothing to discuss with ur type.
For your insults, tnx!
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by mex22: 11:57am On Dec 31, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
You can beat chest as long as you can,government actions are not like panadol and headache,believe or not pmb is working,for those that know and recongnised good thing are appreciating it.
what you guys know and want is to see now,eat now without remembering the future,that was the culture during the reign of pdp for 16yrs,it is also the reason we are where we are now that you guys blamed it on pmb.
Pmb is investing in the future not just now,his crime is not making money available for looting,speak the truth and shame the devil

Keep dreaming and hoping.Continue the PDP blame game.I equally do not like them so u don't think I am one of them.Obviously i know d angle u are coming from.We have to die before buhari gets it right abi.The fuel crisis and economic downturn we are passing through is part of the reformation process.Well done bro.I guess u are not into business to see what people are passing thru.Food stuffs came down a bit this year cos Nigerians were hungry and needed to eat so most people resorted to farming.All we are saying is buhari should take things back to were the where when he took over mantle in 2015 SIMPLE.Let him. not bother doing more.2019 is around the corner and on free and fair platform he won't even smell half of the votes he got the last time.
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Adminisher: 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
Vivere:

Expansion of our existing govt-owned refineries?? shocked Do you know the current state of our existing refineries? Are you aware that many of them were built several years ago, and many of their core parts have become obsolete? Not only that, Turn Around Maintenance has not been done as properly as it should, and has failed to address the problem of incessant breakdowns. Unless, you are talking about a complete overhaul of those existing refineries, which is akin to building a new one. Otherwise, expanding existing refineries, may end up being like throwing good money after bad! sad There are refineries older than our own in other countries, but the only reason they have been functioning well, is that a strict and regular maintenance programme has been followed from day one, and components of those refineries have been retooled, overhauled and upgraded as and when due, over a period of time!

As for your assertion that only big refineries can produce cheap fuel, please note that technology has improved vastly and small refineries can also produce cheap fuel, even if it is not as cheap as the ones the big refineries produce. If we have 10 small refineries in Nigeria producing between 30,000 and 50,000 barrels per day, don't you think it would still have some favourable impact on our fuel supply? undecided

Please calculate the cost of transporting crude oil to ten small refineries compared to one big one. Calculate the the cost of evacuating products from ten small refineries compared with big one. Only barges will work and ...lo lo lo lo lo . It is three times more expensive to produce from small refineries.
The FG is calculating that costs are not important and they will subsidize prices of diesel and petrol which is all the fucking scraps will produce ..so they already know it is not a business or economic venture .

They are doing it to keep young Nigerian Deltans happy not be cause it is a sensible idea.
My problem is that it is admittance of low quality people when you have to tell LIES to them to buy peace.

There are better ways to stop fake artisanal refineries. Let jobs come to the youths from Gas utilization projects, environmental clean up projects even mini petrochemical projects.

They are better for the environment and are more sustainable.

Every body in Nigeria is just stuck on this liquid fuel, Jerry cans business. Fuel scarcity, fuel scarcity...running around like headless chickens over an energy source that is no more reigning.

The most fake and stupidly follow follow country in the world and most young people don't even ask fundamental questions but imbibe the mistakes their crooked and corrupt parents made.

1 Like

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Adminisher: 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
MichaelSokoto:

wat have dey been doin since 2015 dey entered govt?

You need education.
Modular refineries started with OBJ regime. Jonathan made noise about it but did nothing. Jonathan was the one who should have expanded all FG owned refineries and built more. Dangotes refinery should have started and commissioned with Jonathan regime. Brass LNG , two more trains of Bonny LNG should have been done by Jonathan

That guy JONATHAN was the most useless President Nigeria ever had. You can hate me for saying it. Nigeria never had opportunity to do more than we had during Jonathan regime.

The Modular Refinery was NEVER APC idea. They did not even think about it. It was not in their manifesto.

APC was forced to do it as part of the peace talks to stop bombings of pipelines and stop fake local artisanal refineries which NAF is still blowing up.

My point is that the Modular Refineries were always a bad idea. We should have built CNG plants from Gas flares, floating LPG plants, floating petrol filling stations and many other things instead. Modular refineries will never work.

1 Like

Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Nnamdiojukwu: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2017
mex22:

Keep dreaming and hoping.Continue the PDP blame game.I equally do not like them so u don't think I am one of them.Obviously i know d angle u are coming from.We have to die before buhari gets it right abi.The fuel crisis and economic downturn we are passing through is part of the reformation process.Well done bro.I guess u are not into business to see what people are passing thru.Food stuffs came down a bit this year cos Nigerians were hungry and needed to eat so most people resorted to farming.All we are saying is buhari should take things back to were the where when he took over mantle in 2015 SIMPLE.Let him. not bother doing more.2019 is around the corner and on free and fair platform he won't even smell half of the votes he got the last time.
He should take things back where he took it in 2015,that was when bokoharan were in comfortable control of 17 local govt in borno and part of adamawa,that was when 27 states were unable to pay salaries,that was when dasuki was busy sharing the money meant for the fight against insurgent among the pdp members namely ffk,iyorchia ayu,governor fayose,obanilkolo,raymond dekposi,tampolo,pej and the host of others,
i have not mentioned badeh,ihejerika,alison maduekwe,andrew yakubu,senator sarki,former kebbi state governor and sons etc.
It was the era of bomb blasts,bomb rocked un building in abuja,another one rocked catholic church in madala,we have not forget nyanyan bombing,same bomb almost claimed the life of pmb in kaduna etc.
Is that the place place wher you want pmp to take us back to?
you are very wicked.
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
Adminisher:

You need education.
Modular refineries started with OBJ regime. Jonathan made noise about it but did nothing. Jonathan was the one who should have expanded all FG owned refineries and built more. Dangotes refinery should have started and commissioned with Jonathan regime. Brass LNG , two more trains of Bonny LNG should have been done by Jonathan

That guy JONATHAN was the most useless President Nigeria ever had. You can hate me for saying it. Nigeria never had opportunity to do more than we had during Jonathan regime.

The Modular Refinery was NEVER APC idea. They did not even think about it. It was not in their manifesto.

APC was forced to do it as part of the peace talks to stop bombings of pipelines and stop fake local artisanal refineries which NAF is still blowing up.

My point is that the Modular Refineries were always a bad idea. We should have built CNG plants from Gas flares, floating LPG plants, floating petrol filling stations and many other things instead. Modular refineries will never work.
my broda, ya rhetorics has no atom of substance in it.

APC & Buhari had all d resources & valuable time to tackle dis fuel crisis but chose to play politics wit it. get dat right!
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by mfm04622: 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
Olukat:
" Amakpe Refinery meant to be located in Akwa Ibom, and OPAC Refinery to be based in Delta State – have their mini-refineries modules already fabricated, assembled and containerized overseas, ready for shipment to Nigeria for installation"
Are these refineries That small that a whole unit is fabricated and put in a container?
These guys have lost it angry

They are! Even if big, how d you think they will be imported if not disassembled, put in containers an shipped to Nigeria? This is to minimise shipping cost
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by mex22: 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
He should take things back where he took it in 2015,that was when bokoharan were in comfortable control of 17 local govt in borno and part of adamawa,that was when 27 states were unable to pay salaries,that was when dasuki was busy sharing the money meant for the fight against insurgent among the pdp members namely ffk,iyorchia ayu,governor fayose,obanilkolo,raymond dekposi,tampolo,pej and the host of others,
i have not mentioned badeh,ihejerika,alison maduekwe,andrew yakubu,senator sarki,former kebbi state governor and sons etc.
It was the era of bomb blasts,bomb rocked un building in abuja,another one rocked catholic church in madala,we have not forget nyanyan bombing,same bomb almost claimed the life of pmb in kaduna etc.
Is that the place place wher you want pmp to take us back to?
you are very wicked.

Thank u sir.I know I am wicked.cos it seems u were a kid not to have known that boko Haram was the oppositions idea to sabotage the govt of the day.Let buhari leave govt n we shall see how HOLY he n his cabinet has been.I just bought a gallon of fuel @#1200
All hail your messiah.
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by Vivere: 8:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
Adminisher:
Please calculate the cost of transporting crude oil to ten small refineries compared to one big one. Calculate the the cost of evacuating products from ten small refineries compared with big one. Only barges will work and ...lo lo lo lo lo . It is three times more expensive to produce from small refineries.

The FG is calculating that costs are not important and they will subsidize prices of diesel and petrol which is all the fucking scraps will produce ..so they already know it is not a business or economic venture .

They are doing it to keep young Nigerian Deltans happy not be cause it is a sensible idea.
My problem is that it is admittance of low quality people when you have to tell LIES to them to buy peace.

There are better ways to stop fake artisanal refineries. Let jobs come to the youths from Gas utilization projects, environmental clean up projects even mini petrochemical projects.

Every body in Nigeria is just stuck on this liquid fuel, Jerry cans business. Fuel scarcity, fuel scarcity...running around like headless chickens over an energy source that is no more reigning.

The most fake and stupidly follow follow country in the world and most young people don't even ask fundamental questions but imbibe the mistakes their crooked and corrupt parents made.
Guy, yes there would be costs incurred in transporting crude to different refineries depending on the location. sad But crude can also be transported to such refineries through pipelines. Similar to how Kaduna refinery get its feedstock of crude, since it is not located near the coast?

Marginal oil fields also dot the Niger-Delta. If the resources and output of these fields are properly harnessed, they can be used by some of these proposed refineries.

I dislike artisanal refineries or the kind of 'illegal refining' currently going on in the Niger-Delta, by those who steal crude from existing pipelines in order to distill diesel from such crude oil, by heating the stuff over na'ked flames. It is not only illegal, primitive and hazardous, it also produces off-spec diesel, that can knock engines and destroy machinery. angry

Anyway, I do believe that even if costs of production for a standard small to mid-size modular refinery is high, as long as enough products are derived from their crude processing operations to cover production costs, and turn a tidy profit after all expenses are covered, it is an avenue that can be explored.

It is said that a technically sound modular refinery, should have Hydro-Desulphurisation Units (HDS), Catalytic Reformer Units (CRU), Hydrocracker Units (HCU), Desalters etc. Niger-Delta Exploration and Production Co., has shown that a small refinery can be sustainable and profitable, with its experiment at Ogbele in Delta State, which has been running for 7 years. undecided

However, I do agree with you on one score: the benefits that can accrue to youths in the Niger-Delta communities from establishing "huge gas utilization projects, environmental clean-up projects, and even mini petrochemical projects," is quite enormous and could literally change their fortunes around. But the youths and elders of the Niger-Delta are too focused on their pockets and short-term monetary gains, to actually provide the kind of conducive environment within their communities, which could facilitate the development of such projects. I pray their mindset changes as fast as possible. sad
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by sulaak(m): 1:26am On Nov 22, 2019
Adminisher:

Well said.

Nigerian must be the easier people to governed, modular refineries supplement large scale refineries. The question that should be answered is the status of the four refineries, five years into Buhari's government the four refineries with an installed capacity of 450k are still comatose.
Re: Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency by sulaak(m): 1:34am On Nov 22, 2019
This article was written in 2017, has anyone checked the status of the 10 licensed refineries...or is this just another lie.

“The December 22 meeting received a report that 38 licensed privately financed greenfield and mini-modular refineries investors have so far indicated interests in the establishment of refineries in the region, and at least ten (10) of the licensed refineries investors are at an advanced stage of development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

400 Years After, Descendants Of Slave Merchant Say They’re Proud / Tinubu Intensifies Consultations, Visits IBB / Dear Oby, A People Have The Right To Choose Their Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.