Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save (19798 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: I Saved Billions Of Dollars As Finance Minister / Buhari, Not Jonathan To Be Blamed For $9bn Judgement Debt, Says P&ID / Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Kunleskey(m): 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
oduastates:

Read again .
The money in the ECA was $22 billion .o
FG share was 55%
State and LGA - 45%
That money was drawn down within 6 months of Jonathan becoming president.
6 months !!!!!!!
What was it spent on ?
Even The most corrupt states can show a few things with their share

So FG should not collect their share again because they have the highest percentage in the sharing formula?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by congo4ka: 3:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
angry
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by DrayZee: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
oduastates:

Read again .
The money in the ECA was $22 billion .o
FG share was 55%
State and LGA - 45%
That money was drawn down within 6 months of Jonathan becoming president.
6 months !!!!!!!
What was it spent on ?
Even The most corrupt states can show a few things with their share
The FG's share was approximately 2.6 trillion at that time. You are complaining about 2.6 trillion in 6 months.
How much do you think the Nigerian budget is?
Or is it that you don't even understand how small that amount is to a country.
You must be one of those people who hear "2 billion dollars" and immediately assume it can fund Nigeria for the next 100 years. Get a calculator and look into the economy of your country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
jobbitto:
Bro, u really dont know the impact this woman in question made in Nigeria during her rein. Forget what this administration has been saying about her. Just do your research and find out for yourself.
What impact exactly? Care to explain
We enjoyed high oil price and that made the economy boom. Nothing more nothing less

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by EvilMetahuman: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
This fat lips scammer should just shut up already!

What did fg spend their own money on?

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by sokera: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
This woman needs to be slapped

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by msjijitar(m): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
Thank God internet don't forget that easy,
let me invite those with Ogbonge listening Ears for clear interpretation

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by hardywaltz(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
How much did GEJ save?
How much did he meet in the External reserves when he stumbled into power ($45billion) and how much did he leave in the reserves when he was booted out of office ($28 billion)?
How much was he able to save in the SWF he GEJ & NOI created?
How much did he meet in the ECA and what did he leave?
It's pathetic when I hear that the FG who collects about 52% of all FAAC was unable to save because Rivers State Government who receives less than 1% refused.
Abegi we know the drunkard who had zero will power to save..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by jrusky(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
Apc are just desperately trying to distract prople from deadocracy new system of government Buhari just embarked on.

Pls it's almost 3 years you s u c k got power go and work pls deliver what you promised and stop all these silly face saving shit you are vomiting.

Apc go to hell. We don't care either she said it this way or that way we don't care go and work and kindly f u c k off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
oduastates:
Why didn't Jonathan save the FG share of 14 billion dollars.
This woman should just disappear.
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN U ARE SOCKING DIRECTLY FROM THE COW BREAST grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by tete7000(m): 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Even when obj was the president, the govs lacked same political will, yet obj saved for the rainy days.

Besides, let's assume he was overwhelmed by the govs to save, did they also armtwist him to deep hands into the foreign reserve handed over to him even in the face of high revenue?

Part of what Obasanjo will be remembered for is his penchant for disobeying the law of the land and not following laid down procedures, the same thing Buhari is doing now - penchant for disobeying court rules. On a short time, such can seem to provide positive outcome, it entrentches anarchy and dictatorial tendencies on the long run. Democratic norms must as much as possible be respected at all times. If the court said money should be shared, there is nothing wrong in Jonathan obeying court orders by sharing the money. The fault will always be laid at the doorstep of the governors that went to court to get the ruling.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by ibabz(m): 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Even when obj was the president, the govs lacked same political will, yet obj saved for the rainy days.

Besides, let's assume he was overwhelmed by the govs to save, did they also armtwist him to deep hands into the foreign reserve handed over to him even in the face of high revenue?

...was obj taken to Court? I'm sure you didn't read the article, your comment was based on the headlines. Abeg use your brain for once, must you show the world who stupid you are... Zombie.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by DrayZee: 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cretaceous:

What impact exactly? Care to explain
We enjoyed high oil price and that made the economy boom. Nothing more nothing less
So you're saying the World Bank that employed her as Managing Director didn't know what they were doing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
DrayZee:

So you're saying the World Bank that employed her as Managing Director didn't know what they were doing
You didn't answer the question. I don't fuxcking care about whatever employment she has with world bank. What impact did she make on the economy while she served? If there were achievements, you'd have mentioned them but there are none.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:

even at d end of d year BMC crew are taking L's
chai grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by 02Kebreal(m): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
THE TAIL CAN'T JUST BE CORRUPT WITHOUT THE HEAD.....
MADAM WE KNOW YOU ARE SCARED, WE KNOW U WANNA RESPECT HIS ROYAL CLUELESSNESS GEJ.
DON'T WORRY, YOU HAVE SPOKEN ALREADY, AND WE HAVE HEARD,,, WE WOULD USE OUR TONGUES TO COUNT OUR TEETH......
NOW WE KNOW HOW U GUYS CONNIVED TO SYPHON OUR FUNDS....
STOP WAILING.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by dukecharles(m): 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
oduastates:
Why didn't Jonathan save the FG share of 14 billion dollars.
This woman should just disappear.

Are you well at all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by DrayZee: 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cretaceous:

You didn't answer the question. I don't fuxcking care about whatever employment she has with world bank. What impact did she make on the economy while she served? If there were achievements, you'd have mentioned them but there are none.
The person you quoted originally asked you to do your own research. Nothing concern me with Nigeria's financial ministers.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by GavelSlam: 3:52pm On Dec 31, 2017
tete7000:

Part of what Obasanjo will be remembered for is his penchant for disobeying the law of the land and not following laid down procedures, the same thing Buhari is doing now - penchant for disobeying court rules. On a short time, such can seem to provide positive outcome, it entrentches anarchy and dictatorial tendencies on the long run. Democratic norms must as much as possible be respected at all times. If the court said money should be shared, there is nothing wrong in Jonathan obeying court orders by sharing the money. The fault will always be laid at the doorstep of the governors that went to court to get the ruling.

But it was settled out of court.

Let us even assume the court ruled in favour of the governors it therefore means the governors were in their right.

Big question: does this mean without dipping into the funds of the component states the country was incapable of saving when oil was at an all time high?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by kings09(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
DLondonboiy:

Wait, you think the mods are stupid? They are human beings and they are capable of rational thoughts. Those era when you zombies play emotional games on them mods are long over.

Nobody bans anybody anymore for calling a zombie a zombie...

Enjoy your change BMC!
Mehn u gat no chill. Liondeleo don suffer

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by signz: 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2017
hardywaltz:
How much did GEJ save?
How much did he meet in the External reserves when he stumbled into power ($45billion) and how much did he leave in the reserves when he was booted out of office ($28 billion)?
How much was he able to save in the SWF he GEJ & NOI created?
How much did he meet in the ECA and what did he leave?
It's pathetic when I hear that the FG who collects about 52% of all FAAC was unable to save because Rivers State Government who receives less than 1% refused.
Abegi we know the drunkard who had zero will power to save..

Please can we have links to the figures you quoted here?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
smiley
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
careytommy7:

So FG should not collect their share again because they have the highest percentage in the sharing formula?

We are talking of will to save. Why criticise governors for not having the will to save when the federal government were also not saving theirs?

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Mariangeles(f): 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
divicoded:
Jonathan is totally incompetent
Thank God he was not reelected, he shall remain the hero of the flat.inos for ever and ever, Amen
If this present government is competence... I'd rather have Jonathan's incompetence a1000×
Famine
Hunger
Suicide
Suffering
Killings... Those are the definition of this present government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by lost24: 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
All join

PDP fully kill the country
Put d country into mess

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
“During Goodluck Jonathan, every month when the governors went for the economic council meeting, the amount in the account kept dropping. If we asked about what happened to the money, the response we got was that the president approved for it to be spent.

“So we said can we please share this money because the rate at which it was going, the president would have continually approved $1billion to spend and we won’t know what we are spending for and they won’t give us an account... Hon. Rotimi Amaechi.

https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-govs-asked-jonathan-to-share-oil-savings-because-he-was-mismanaging-it

The FG was spending the money and asking the Governors to have the will to save. Madam the President approved the spending.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by frankson1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:

God bless you Sir. You think right. You will see 2018.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Demdem(m): 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
This witch is still talking. Has she answered Soludos questions on this same issue............

I hereby challenge your attempt to blame others for not saving for the rainy day. It is not a virtue when you are quick to appropriate all the credit when things are going well, but shift the blame when they go wrong. You blame the state governors— who, according to you, have taken the Federal Government to the Supreme Court—not that a Supreme Court judgment forced your hands. For your information, the governors have never agreed to savings and always threatened court action even under Obasanjo. Why did we save under Obasanjo but not under Jonathan? Two keywords explain it: leadership and integrity. Governor Amaechi said the governors insisted on sharing the funds because they found out that you were illegally fiddling with the savings. So, as Nigerians still wonder, if billions of dollars are now ‘missing’ under your nose, why should governors trust you to keep their money? Do the states that have taken the federal government to the Supreme Court and refused to save also include the PDP governors—who are in the majority? If so, then it is fatal: even governors of your own party, PDP, do not trust you to keep their money! Furthermore, did the governors also stop the Federal Government from saving part of its share? If you ran a surplus budget at the Federal level, you would have had credibility to blame others or to say they did not listen to your advice. The key point is that since you were running huge deficits yourself, it was also in your own interest to share the ECA. You did not show leadership or credibility, full stop!

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by kokomilala(m): 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2017
I remember then, she advised, persuaded cajoled and almost coerced them to save, but they refused. Yes, they had the right to ask for their share, being part of a supposed federating set up. But, common sense and economic principles demand a gathering to save during boom or bust would follow after.
In the Bible, Joseph mustered all Egypt's resources and saved till he had no more space to save during the boom. When bust came in its own parallel of 7 yrs, he was able to manage the recession.
Ours is a wasted generation in terms of what we waste, and those that have led us, barring Awolowo and very few others, are accidents of history. They shouldn't have gone anywhere near the seat of power, because they've only left a trail of tragedies and what - could - have - beens.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 31, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

We are talking of will to save. Why criticise governors for not having the will to save when the federal government were also not saving theirs?

If we continue like this, we will keep going in circles.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:26pm On Dec 31, 2017
kokomilala:
I remember then she advised, persuaded cajoled and almost coerced them to save, but they refused. Yes, they had the right to ask for their share being part of a supposed federating set up. But, common sense and economic principles demand a gathering to save during boom or bust would follow after.
In the Bible, Joseph mustered all Egypt's resources and saved till he had no more space to save during the boom. When bust came in its own parallel of 7 yrs, he was able to manage the recession.
Ours is a wasted generation in terms of what we waste, and those that have led us, barring Awolowo and very few others, are accidents of history. They shouldn't have gone anywhere near the seat of power, because they've only left a trail of tragedies and what - could - have - beens.

Please, Madam Iweala and GEJ were already spending the money. So how can they have any moral right to advice others to save?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Has Signed "Not To Young To Run" Bill / APC Youths Query Ojudu, Omirin Over Fayose’s Impeachment, Election Funds / President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.