Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 - Business (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 (193196 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (124) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Shevychen2: 9:52am On May 29, 2018
Tunderr:

Hello Sir, I would be interested in this, as I've come full circle to really see the point. I don't want to wait 3-5 years before making something substantial though.

If I may:

What do you aim for per month? % wise?

As an example; say a 2000 dollars account, what size do you trade? 0.05 / 0.02 or 0.01?

How many months record would I need to start gaining followers?

1. Don't have a target.. Could be as little or as high as whatever the market decides. This is a very crazy market to be in, so why box yourself in with targets? That month you make 35% will give you the buffer you need to soldier on for the month you make just 2%. I know some people will scoff at the idea of making just 2% a month but it happens and even worse.. Good traders even have losing months. What makes the trader is the year on year results not just one month or one quarter.

2. I normally aim for 1% risk on each pair I open but if I don't have any other pair I am expecting to trigger anytime soon, I can increase to 2%. I strictly aim to only have 5% of the capital exposed at any given time. This is the sum total of all active stop losses excluding pairs already risk free at BE. So for that example, I will trade 0.02 if I have another 4 pairs to add later. Or 0.04 if I don't have any imminent pairs to open. My average stop loss is 100 pips..

3. This depends on the platform. On Darwinex (and other similar advanced platforms) for instance, if you already have a decent live account with 1-2 years worth of POSITIVE history and excellent risk management, you can import it and start gaining followers in as little as 1 week. If you don't have a good record to show, forget gaining followers for at least 1 year. However, within that year, if you demonstrate good trading skills with excellent risk management, some people will back you within 3-6 months.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by harizonal123(m): 12:08pm On May 29, 2018
Italian politics bringing the euro down on its kneels. Hoping for a pull back so I can join the sell rally
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by kassss(m): 1:29pm On May 29, 2018
harizonal123:
Italian politics bringing the euro down on its kneels. Hoping for a pull back so I can join the sell rally
but my problem I that the EUR/USD has forming something like a HEAD AND SHOULDER on the 5mins chat and also on strong daily support
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by BullBearMkt(m): 1:56pm On May 29, 2018
Getting ready to SELL JPY pair rally at Resistance (GBPJPY/EURJPY/CHFJPY etc) - H4
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by nennin(m): 5:44pm On May 29, 2018
BullBearMkt:
Time to sell AUDNZD maybe now - H4
grin grin grin grin grin
good evening sir, longest time, please what is your view in Oil?, am seeing oil to fall down to 58. What's your view? I can't send my chart here due to my phone.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by BullBearMkt(m): 6:26pm On May 29, 2018
nennin:
good evening sir, longest time, please what is your view in Oil?, am seeing oil to fall down to 58. What's your view? I can't send my chart here due to my phone.
...are you referring to WTI or Brent sir?
-WTI needs to overcome the support at $64-65 first while
-Brent strong support level is around $69

after these levels, probably we can start looking below
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 29, 2018
Shevychen2:

1. Don't have a target.. Could be as little or as high as whatever the market decides. This is a very crazy market to be in, so why box yourself in with targets? That month you make 35% will give you the buffer you need to soldier on for the month you make just 2%. I know some people will scoff at the idea of making just 2% a month but it happens and even worse.. Good traders even have losing months. What makes the trader is the year on year results not just one month or one quarter.

2. I normally aim for 1% risk on each pair I open but if I don't have any other pair I am expecting to trigger anytime soon, I can increase to 2%. I strictly aim to only have 5% of the capital exposed at any given time. This is the sum total of all active stop losses excluding pairs already risk free at BE. So for that example, I will trade 0.02 if I have another 4 pairs to add later. Or 0.04 if I don't have any imminent pairs to open. My average stop loss is 100 pips..

3. This depends on the platform. On Darwinex (and other similar advanced platforms) for instance, if you already have a decent live account with 1-2 years worth of POSITIVE history and excellent risk management, you can import it and start gaining followers in as little as 1 week. If you don't have a good record to show, forget gaining followers for at least 1 year. However, within that year, if you demonstrate good trading skills with excellent risk management, some people will back you within 3-6 months.

Traders can scoff at 2% and that’s because the capital they are working with is not much.

Investors won’t, I have seen some trader’s statement with -5% in a month, or 2 losing month in a year and that’s consider okay.

I just realise recently with a friend’s help that I should work with long term goal, and can still do my short term aside with different account.

So I’m considering working on getting good trade report / statement / history that is good enough to attract investors. I’ll have to be discipline and keep at it, keep my eyes on the bigger picture.

My target is 20% / month which is little high I know. I’ll contact you again when I get to 3months, and then 6months. Fingers crossed.

A lot of old traders don’t know the amount of skills they possess because they are gunning for high % every month, which is usually hard to sustain.

When I reduced my risk, I suddenly realise that I’ve got more skills and could see things even clearer. I must add with the help of a thread created by a former pro trader / dealer.

How do you get your commission from those platforms? Send to your bank account or ?

Do you get paid every month or every 3 months?

Do you transmit your signal on more than 1 platform?

Thanks for the invaluable information.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by fame12k(m): 10:16pm On May 29, 2018
FDOzioma:
Please give me your whatsapp number... I need to clarify some issues... Thanks ...

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 1:13pm On May 30, 2018
weak dollar at news
best be[s]t UCHF short,
[\n]
GCHF short
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 1:14pm On May 30, 2018
GU Long
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 1:14pm On May 30, 2018
GCad Long
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 2:17pm On May 30, 2018
exit GCAD
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by JAkpayen(m): 2:21pm On May 30, 2018
teemy:
GU Long
It's not a wise decision to buy now. I'm looking at the price to cross the line before confirm to buy.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by plato091: 2:26pm On May 30, 2018
Please between instaforex and alpari broker which one do you advise
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 2:45pm On May 30, 2018
JAkpayen:

It's not a wise decision to buy now. I'm looking at the price to cross the line before confirm to buy.
Based on trendline analysis alone your analysis is correct but also based on trendline analysis of the chart already showing rising highs, a cross has already happened for an uptrend.

To be honest GU trade was the least trusted of my calls but since I already called it, I must stand by it. I have better trades I am looking forward to and hope they setup soon. Thanks for your concern all the same.

Wishing you well - Teemy

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 3:10pm On May 30, 2018
Looking forward to a

CadJ long
AJ long
GA short

when all in place.

all in place
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Michealeni: 3:16pm On May 30, 2018
pinbar:

You need to practice practice practice , you can start with $200 live account to have a feel of the emotions, adrenaline rush . But if you cant , keep practicing on demo till you can.

As regards strategy, hook me up on my telegram (check my signature) to get a free profitable strategy

Bro. Am new to forex. I joined your telegram page, hoping to learn from you
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 30, 2018
OK..so they finally let me out today.
Got banned/blocked from posting for replying to a comment.
Hope we are all having a pipful week.
Remember, trade cautiously for its NFP week. smiley smiley wink wink
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by kassss(m): 3:21pm On May 30, 2018
Penalty of placing a pending (both side) and forgetting stop loss order...I hope I don't make same mistake again

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 3:40pm On May 30, 2018
PIPnator:

Okairinasai.

I noticed there are some words that the nairaland bot auto flags and places your account on suspension from the thread or section. Happened to me before. If you insist on retyping those words again after a few hours ban, it suspends you for days and so on.

If we could find those words and report to the segment mod, it would do us all good to get them whitelisted.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 4:07pm On May 30, 2018
By the way, the UCAD short I called ended at the marked spot. The news fall was not part of it so before anyone begins to look at me like I be one winch. shocked grin

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 4:12pm On May 30, 2018
Also UCHF and GCHF shorts have since ended.

Not enough time to make all entry and exit calls.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 5:05pm On May 30, 2018
AN short
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 6:10pm On May 30, 2018
UCAD short
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by mrikay: 6:22pm On May 30, 2018
gbpjpy long now... And usdcad sell.... Lets see how it goes.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Shevychen2: 6:45pm On May 30, 2018
Tunderr:

Traders can scoff at 2% and that’s because the capital they are working with is not much.

Investors won’t, I have seen some trader’s statement with -5% in a month, or 2 losing month in a year and that’s consider okay.

How do you get your commission from those platforms? Send to your bank account or ?

Do you get paid every month or every 3 months?

Do you transmit your signal on more than 1 platform?

Thanks for the invaluable information.

These are the top 20 most invested on Darwinex.. https://www.darwinex.com/filter/TOP_INVESTORS Look at the monthly returns and you will see that 3-4 losing months are okay even. Of course the results generated for investors on this is toned down to a 10% VAR but you get the point.

-Commissions are sent to a wallet from where you can then decide to withdraw to a bank account or to use the money to fund a trading account.

-You can get paid monthly on some platforms but Darwinex pays three months from the date of the first investment.

-Yes I used to. Not anymore. Found out that many of the people are thieves that will copy your strategy with $1k and then take the signal to trade a $100K account separately just so they won't pay you much money. Some even start replicating your trades as their own strategy. This is why it looks like I am now a Darwinex marketer. They hide your last 3 open trades so that kind of nonsense isn't possible. You can further hide everything you trade completely, including the history, so that no one knows what pairs you are watching (not advisable for a newbie as people need to trust you first). Additionally, there is no MT4 account where the investor can see what is going on on a per trade basis. Investment is in a black box vehicle designed from your strategy. Throw in the UK regulation they have and they are my best by far.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by harizonal123(m): 8:56pm On May 30, 2018
Always go by the rule that your worst drawdown is the one that has not happened yet .This will help you in evaluating your position size when you are about to hit the execution trigger. You can't survive this fx jungle without proper money management

Wonderful trading day with all three tp's hit
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 9:53pm On May 30, 2018
Shevychen2:

These are the top 20 most invested on Darwinex.. https://www.darwinex.com/filter/TOP_INVESTORS Look at the monthly returns and you will see that 3-4 losing months are okay even. Of course the results generated for investors on this is toned down to a 10% VAR but you get the point.

-Commissions are sent to a wallet from where you can then decide to withdraw to a bank account or to use the money to fund a trading account.

-You can get paid monthly on some platforms but Darwinex pays three months from the date of the first investment.

-Yes I used to. Not anymore. Found out that many of the people are thieves that will copy your strategy with $1k and then take the signal to trade a $100K account separately just so they won't pay you much money. Some even start replicating your trades as their own strategy. This is why it looks like I am now a Darwinex marketer. They hide your last 3 open trades so that kind of nonsense isn't possible. You can further hide everything you trade completely, including the history, so that no one knows what pairs you are watching (not advisable for a newbie as people need to trust you first). Additionally, there is no MT4 account where the investor can see what is going on on a per trade basis. Investment is in a black box vehicle designed from your strategy. Throw in the UK regulation they have and they are my best by far.
I have been eyeing them for a while now. Their spreads seem OK too
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 30, 2018
Shevychen2:

Look at the monthly returns and you will see that 3-4 losing months are okay even. Of course the results generated for investors on this is toned down to a 10% VAR but you get the point.

I never thought about these hanky panky ways some investors could use. Now I have idea. And you are right as there is one man here trying to copy someone else's signal and present it as theirs. If my memory serves my right.

I just clocked 20% for the first month, I have 1week + 2 days to spare. What does that translate to? that means I could further reduce my risk some more, which is a good thing for long term goal.

I trade with MT4 platform , would that be problem with joining Darwinex? I still want to remain with my old broker.

Thanks for the help. Good information to work with.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 30, 2018
harizonal123:
Always go by the rule that your worst drawdown is the one that has not happened yet .This will help you in evaluating your position size when you are about to hit the execution trigger. You can't survive this fx jungle without proper money management

Wonderful trading day with all three tp's hit

You are right, there're ways to check that though, one can set up some safety precautions in place. One could set in place after certain (5, 8, 12, 15 ) % loss, you have to go away for 2-3 days to clear your head, before coming back to trading.

Right now, nothing is set in stone yet. 72 trades so far, I still have a long way to go to create and attain the account history/statement I'm looking to get. Risk or drawdown could definitely be controlled.

Control your greed, fear and hope. Read the Art Of War by Sun Tzu. It should help.

PIPnator:

If you're banned because of the bots, just send a message to the MOD, they will unblock you immediately.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 30, 2018
Some of the results of others, they trade same method I trade BUT they are far better than I am, so their result speak for themselves. I'm hoping / will get better along / through my journey.

Stop jumping around , find a good thread/method/system and stick to it, learn it properly, give yourself time to learn it and don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by greenglobestore(m): 11:58pm On May 30, 2018
Super

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (124)

Promotion Of Betting, FOREX, Binary Options & Cryptocurrencies Banned / Ghana Lottery 05/90 / How To Make LIQUID SOAP (used For Washing Dishes, Cars, Clothes, Windows Etc.)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.