Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 - Business (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 (193206 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (124) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Dancap(m): 5:35am On May 31, 2018
Good morning o!!! I am new here. I am glad to join this great family
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by greenglobestore(m): 6:38am On May 31, 2018
Top of the morning
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Shevychen2: 10:25am On May 31, 2018
Tunderr:

I never thought about these hanky panky ways some investors could use. Now I have idea. And you are right as there is one man here trying to copy someone else's signal and present it as theirs. If my memory serves my right.

I just clocked 20% for the first month, I have [b]1week + 2 days to spare. [/b]What does that translate to? that means I could further reduce my risk some more, which is a good thing for long term goal.

I trade with MT4 platform , would that be problem with joining Darwinex? I still want to remain with my old broker.

Thanks for the help. Good information to work with.

1 week and two days for where please make I follow you come there grin grin

Just kidding.. The month followed on these platform is strictly calendar. So even if you traded only for two weeks in May, your May ends on 31st like everyone else.

Your idea makes sense but in my experience, it is that week you reduce risk because you hit target that will now have the craziest of moves that might even give you another 15% which will protect you from the bad weeks. I treat every trade like a new one regardless of past or current result but that's just me.

Darwinex has Mt4 and Mt5 as well. When you are ready to move, all you need to do is to present your old account with your current broker (investor passwords etc).
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by harizonal123(m): 11:41am On May 31, 2018
Tunderr:

You are right, there're ways to check that though, one can set up some safety precautions in place. One could set in place after certain (5, 8, 12, 15 ) % loss, you have to go away for 2-3 days to clear your head, before coming back to trading.

Right now, nothing is set in stone yet. 72 trades so far, I still have a long way to go to create and attain the account history/statement I'm looking to get. Risk or drawdown could definitely be controlled.

Control your greed, fear and hope. Read the Art Of War by Sun Tzu. It should help.
You have just said it all. Fear, Greed and Lack of patience are the main reasons people fail in forex trading. Eliminate all three and you will become formidable

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 12:47pm On May 31, 2018
UCAD long
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 12:49pm On May 31, 2018
CADJ short
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 1:45pm On May 31, 2018
close UCAD
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 31, 2018
Message to self.
GBPNZD over 500pip but remember you have taken some loss that ate into last weeks profit.
Aussie short and others.
Last week was extremely good but this week, hmmm!!
This message it to remind yourself, you can be right sometimes but some of the times also, you are dead wrong.
You are not a super man.
This week is one of the weeks you are dead wrong.
Also, haven't you noticed that whenever you have a good week, sometimes its followed by a bad week.
(My name), watch your emotions, dont get too excited over a good week.
Treat a good week with same emotion as bad week.
Take loss in good faith. Take profit in same faith.

My resolve.
I will manage my open positions as they havent hit SL yet
They are actually in trend direction but if they hit SL. Cool
ATM, they are actually green/blue but if they turn red and hit SL. Cool too.
Take it in good faith.
Your loss this week came mostly from increasing lot size.
Bigger lot size, bigger profit/loss.
Lessons learnt! Focus in tact.
Journey continues but for now... Beer.

Ps: This message is to myself.
As I always say, I use NL as my trade journal.
I use it to document my journey with FX trading as I dont have a separate book where I take record.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2018
close CADJ
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 31, 2018
Shevychen2:

Just kidding.. The month followed on these platform is strictly calendar. So even if you traded only for two weeks in May, your May ends on 31st like everyone else.

Your idea makes sense but in my experience, it is that week you reduce risk because you hit target that will now have the craziest of moves that might even give you another 15% which will protect you from the bad weeks. I treat every trade like a new one regardless of past or current result but that's just me.

Darwinex has Mt4 and Mt5 as well. When you are ready to move, all you need to do is to present your old account with your current broker (investor passwords etc).

Yes strictly calender makes perfect sense.

When I said reduce risk, I'm not necessary talking about the remaining week.

I meant, I could decrease my overall risk, starting from beginning of next month. So I won't be making 20% in about 3 weeks. Reduce it to arrive at 20% in 4weeks instead. Further decreasing the risk of ruin and drawdown, you understand?

I've NOT set a defined risk yet for myself, I'm thinking if I happen to lose 7-12%, I should take a break for few days to clear my head. It's very easy to get carried away. I start feeling invincible one week ago "I've no loss on each session overall since 7 days, including Mon till today" and start trading outside my set parameters, I nearly got into trouble.

I just took a day off, and went back to basics, trading simple impulses, abc. I'm still trying to control my inside demons/ego whenever they decide to come to the surface. Greediness and complacency is my number one weakness.

I trade only GU and EU. Took 3 trades today, I'm 22% up now, I'm not going to trade tomorrow, will try not to, but I doubt it. Well, time will tell, maybe I'll screw it all up later.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by haon: 11:07pm On May 31, 2018
Tunderr:

Yes strictly calender makes perfect sense.

When I said reduce risk, I'm not necessary talking about the remaining week.

I meant, I could decrease my overall risk, starting from beginning of next month. So I won't be making 20% in about 3 weeks. Reduce it to arrive at 20% in 4weeks instead. Further decreasing the risk of ruin and drawdown, you understand?

I've NOT set a defined risk yet for myself, I'm thinking if I happen to lose 7-12%, I should take a break for few days to clear my head. It's very easy to get carried away. I start feeling invincible one week ago "I've no loss on each session overall since 7 days, including Mon till today" and start trading outside my set parameters, I nearly got into trouble.

I just took a day off, and went back to basics, trading simple impulses, abc. I'm still trying to control my inside demons/ego whenever they decide to come to the surface. Greediness and complacency is my number one weakness.

I trade only GU and EU. Took 3 trades today, I'm 22% up now, I'm not going to trade tomorrow, will try not to, but I doubt it. Well, time will tell, maybe I'll screw it all up later.

Hi, i'm thinking of investing a little of my money in alpari pamm account and after reading through your post i'm considering darwinex potfolio as an investor. can u pls explain to me your experience with investing in forex brokers pamm/investment account and also darwinex investor acct.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 31, 2018
haon:

Hi, i'm thinking of investing a little of my money in alpari pamm account and after reading through your post i'm considering darwinex potfolio as an investor. can u pls explain to me your experience with investing in forex brokers pamm/investment account and also darwinex investor acct.

Quote Shevychen2 and ask him. He has experience and can answer you better. As I've got no idea really.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 6:15am On Jun 01, 2018
GN Short

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 6:47am On Jun 01, 2018
NJ Long
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 6:49am On Jun 01, 2018
AJ Long but NJ is better
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by edujoy(m): 7:04am On Jun 01, 2018
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by haon: 7:13am On Jun 01, 2018
Shevychen2:

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by haon: 7:14am On Jun 01, 2018
Tunderr:

Quote Shevychen2 and ask him. He has experience and can answer you better. As I've got no idea really.
Thanks @ Tunderr
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Fxmanager(m): 9:06am On Jun 01, 2018
haon:

Check our profile signature for your currency portfolio/PAMM account management. Target is average 10%+ monthly return after performance fees. Contact us on whatsapp through the number in the signature.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by Shevychen2: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2018
haon:

What I will tell you is to ignore any PAMM account you don't personally know the trader. Forex trading is very risky and the risk tends to double when the pressure is on the trader to make money. Many PAMM account managers practice martingale until their accounts are blown due to the pressure to make the highest percentage of profits monthly. Others do a lot of scalping which isn't really an issue but when you factor in the divergence and spreads, the investor won't make anything useful. If you can vouch for the trading habits of the trader, PAMM can be beneficial. If you can't, you can go ahead but be ready for anything.

The Darwinex model is different. They manage the risk for you by keeping it at 10% VAR and you won't see the trades being taken. That's not to say you won't lose when the trader is bad but when a trader on 50% VAR on his account loses 50% of their account in one month, you the investor will only lose around 10%. Take your time to understand these things before putting in money. They have a demo. The thing you are investing on is called a Darwin which is a unique version of the trader's account. 

Their analytics is also extremely good if you know how to use it. It will show you a trader that is taking too much risk, one that is a scalper or one that adds to losing positions. Few things to keep in mind on Darwinex as an investor:

1. Most of the traders are EA developers and not conventional traders. So out of every 10 systems you find there, 7 are automated. This has its pros and cons of course. 
2. Look beyond the systems with a large number of followers. Some hidden ones are good. However, if you are risk averse, look at the best performing "Darwins" (systems) in the last 6-12 months, find the most invested among them and spread money across 10 of them (that are low correlation) AT LEAST to be safe. 
3. The strategy of spreading your money means you won't make more than 2-5% a month on average but you won't be losing 10% in a month either. They will balance themselves out. The returns may be small to the average person but the biggest Darwinex investors are looking for a stable 20% a year on average (maybe because they have hundreds of thousands but yeah) 
4. IT IS NOT FOR PEOPLE LOOKING TO TURN $1K to millions in a year. The best traders on Darwinex risk very little. Look at the best Darwins (that you will be buying and selling) and you will see that only very few ever make more than 30% a year and the investors are happy. 
5. Finally, Darwinex traders are also normal forex traders which means lots of indiscipline as well even with their EAs. In fact I can say that the percentage of the Darwins that can guarantee yearly profits of at least the threshold 20% is less than 20% of the total number of Darwins. So exercise caution when choosing what to invest on. 

NB: All quoted returns are on the 10% VaR. May or may not be the same thing the trader made on their own account. 

You can chat with their customer service with further questions.

7 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by haon: 10:55am On Jun 01, 2018
[quote author=Shevychen2 post=68076973]
What I will tell you is to ignore any PAMM account you don't personally know the trader. Forex trading is very risky and the risk tends to double when the pressure is on the trader to make money. Many PAMM account managers practice martingale until their accounts are blown due to the pressure to make the highest percentage of profits monthly. Others do a lot of scalping which isn't really an issue but when you factor in the divergence and spreads, the investor won't make anything useful. If you can vouch for the trading habits of the trader, PAMM can be beneficial. If you can't, you can go ahead but be ready for anything.

The Darwinex model is different. They manage the risk for you by keeping it at 10% VAR and you won't see the trades being taken. That's not to say you won't lose when the trader is bad but when a trader on 50% VAR on his account loses 50% of their account in one month, you the investor will only lose around 10%. Take your time to understand these things before putting in money. They have a demo. The thing you are investing on is called a Darwin which is a unique version of the trader's account. 

Their analytics is also extremely good if you know how to use it. It will show you a trader that is taking too much risk, one that is a scalper or one that adds to losing positions. Few things to keep in mind on Darwinex as an investor:

1. Most of the traders are EA developers and not conventional traders. So out of every 10 systems you find there, 7 are automated. This has its pros and cons of course. 
2. Look beyond the systems with a large number of followers. Some hidden ones are good. However, if you are risk averse, look at the best performing "Darwins" (systems) in the last 6-12 months, find the most invested among them and spread money across 10 of them (that are low correlation) AT LEAST to be safe. 
3. The strategy of spreading your money means you won't make more than 2-5% a month on average but you won't be losing 10% in a month either. They will balance themselves out. The returns may be small to the average person but the biggest Darwinex investors are looking for a stable 20% a year on average (maybe because they have hundreds of thousands but yeah) 
4. IT IS NOT FOR PEOPLE LOOKING TO TURN $1K to millions in a year. The best traders on Darwinex risk very little. Look at the best Darwins (that you will be buying and selling) and you will see that only very few ever make more than 30% a year and the investors are happy. 
5. Finally, Darwinex traders are also normal forex traders which means lots of indiscipline as well even with their EAs. In fact I can say that the percentage of the Darwins that can guarantee yearly profits of at least the threshold 20% is less than 20% of the total number of Darwins. So exercise caution when choosing what to invest on. 

NB: All quoted returns are on the 10% VaR. May or may not be the same thing the trader made on their own account. 

You can chat with their customer service with further questions. 
Thanks so much
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by harizonal123(m): 5:57pm On Jun 03, 2018
Consistency and patience is what fx is all about and you can only have both when you've got a trading plan. No matter the market scenario you stick to that trading plan.
Hmmm... I think I'm finally getting there with my carefully laid out rules grin

Wishing everyone a successful trading week!
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by FX(m): 8:57am On Jun 04, 2018
Still on CHFJPY trade. Targeting 111.40

Join our channel and watch how the pips are made. We are targeting 1000 pips for the month of June.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by pinbar(m): 9:48am On Jun 04, 2018

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 10:42am On Jun 04, 2018
UJ short
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2018
AJ short
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by FX(m): 10:49am On Jun 04, 2018
Update on our CHFJPY trade. Move your stop loss to your entry price for a risk free trade. We are already 70+ pips in profits.

Join our telegram channel to watch how the pips are made. We are aiming for 1000 pips this month.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by FX(m): 11:07am On Jun 04, 2018
FX:
Still on CHFJPY trade. Targeting 111.40

Join our channel and watch how the pips are made. We are targeting 1000 pips for the month of June.
We have hit 80 pips target on CHFJPY. May the pips be with us.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by teemy(m): 11:55am On Jun 04, 2018
FX:
We have hit 80 pips target on CHFJPY. May the pips be with us.
Omeneto! Gambatte!
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 by FX(m): 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2018
teemy:

Omeneto! Gambatte!
Yeah, we will keep it up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (124)

Promotion Of Betting, FOREX, Binary Options & Cryptocurrencies Banned / Ghana Lottery 05/90 / How To Make LIQUID SOAP (used For Washing Dishes, Cars, Clothes, Windows Etc.)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.