Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,645 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos (64460 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu And Wife, Uchechi Okwu Pictured In Bed (Photos, Video) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Buhari Meet At The AU 31st Meeting In Mauritania / Uchechi Okwu Kanu At Biafran Children Conference In Abia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by godwin120alex: 7:44pm On Jan 02, 2018
This combination dey tight soteeeey the children will be over brilliant

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by ndubueze92(m): 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
fergie001:
Do not know if true?
Think I saw this somewhere,that her son married Chinua Achebe's granddaughter!

But won't be surprised people are asking why more Northerners,ask herself and her husband how many times he,she or they visited Abia whilst she was Minister.
She married from my community in Umuahia,and I can tell you that her achievement there was constructing a tarred road to her husband's compound(since she is from Delta State).
Many times she was met,jobs,land for development,skill acquisition,scholarships,all cos 90°.
She was Minister of Finance(twice),Minister of Foreign affairs for a short stint but come to that community,you will never believe a councillor has passed through there.
Nobody said you should share money but empower people,no way.
So,I am vehemently opposed to a Buhari as a President but ask yourself,we might blame every other person for our woes,but let us look inwards,we indeed are our own problems.
Look at Enelamah,who is from my mother's village,also in Umuahia,the road to his village is untarred,and rickety ...but he is a Minister today...infact in the village they call him puppet....his allegiance is first to Osinbajo who nominated him than to empower his people,tomorrow if he is removed,we will start grasping straws again.I know how many times emissaries have been sent to Enelamah,but what he told them was that he is a Minister of the Federal Republic and not Minister of any community or state and I laugh),we have seen and heard that before.......

Empower people and not tomorrow we will start looking for who is our problem?

Am open to abuses,its a free world and it's a New Year.
Very bad.... "charity begins at home" they say.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by doe: 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
the clue is in the reference to her as achebe grand daughter.

No mention of who be her papa or mama. Meaning say one parent(papa) na from north.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by IkpuMmadu: 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by ImperialYoruba: 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
dafeyankee:
I no understand.

Why is Bafarawa playing the role of the Dad here?and if the wedding was held in Abia, how come I am seeing more Babariga and Danshiki than any Igbo traditional wear?

I get it. They refused to invite the Igbo's.

Hahahahaaaaaaa...... cheesy

Chineke!
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by fergie001: 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
ndubueze92:
Very bad.... "charity begins at home" they say.
U don see am nah
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2018
PERHAPS FOR 2019 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION?
ATTAHIRU BAFARAWA & NGOZI OKONJI-IWEALA

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by TEYA: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2018
fergie001:
Do not know if true?

But won't be surprised people are asking why more Northerners,ask herself and her husband how many times he,she or they visited Abia whilst she was Minister.
She married from my community in Umuahia,and I can tell you that her achievement there was constructing a tarred road to her husband's compound(since she is from Delta State).
Many times she was met,jobs,land for development,skill acquisition,scholarships,all cos 90°.
She was Minister of Finance(twice),Minister of Foreign affairs for a short stint but come to that community,you will never believe a councillor has passed through there.
So,I am vehemently opposed to a Buhari as a President but ask yourself,we might blame every other person for our woes,but let us look inwards,we indeed are our own problems.
Look at Enelamah,who is from my mother's village,also in Umuahia,the road to his village is untarred,and rickety ...but he is a Minister today...infact in the village they call him puppet....his allegiance is first to Osinbajo who nominated him than to empower his people,tomorrow if he is removed,we will start grasping straws again.I know how many times emissaries have been sent to Enelamah,but what he told them was that he is a Minister of the Federal Republic and not Minister of any community or state and I laugh),we have seen and heard that before.......

So she married from your village means she should construct roads for you? And about Enelamah, is it the Buhari you guys castigated and derided that you want to eat from? Did you even hear yourself? 'They call him puppet'. So a yoloba man, an ordinary afonja is the one controlling Enelamah? But it was afonja that made him minister na!
You guys should thank chukubiama because if not for his intervention even deputy Senate president una for no see.

2 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by fergie001: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
TEYA:

So she married from your village means she should construct roads for you? And about Enelamah, is it the Buhari you guys castigated and derided that you want to eat from? Did you even hear yourself? 'They call him puppet'. So a yoloba man, an ordinary afonja is the one controlling Enelamah? But it was afonja that made him minister na!
You guys should thank chukubiama because if not for his intervention even deputy Senate president una for no see.
New year,
It can pass...
Not one of your online contestants...

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by dchikky: 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2018
[quote author=trolley post=63828112]

None of them is from the North. The groom is Uchechi Iweala (Former Finance Minister's son) and the bride is Chioma Achebe (grand-daughter of Chinua Achebe).

Projecting definite conclusions from a few pictures convey lack of critical thinking.[

NOT YET CLEAR,TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE IN Igbo lands takes place at bride's family. If She still bears Achebe, Chinua Achebe is from Ogidi in Anambra state. Or was her mummy married to Achebe's family in Abia?
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by mrhowoto: 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2018
Goooooood
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by billyG(m): 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
Nk come See emirs in Biafraland.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by bobnatlo(m): 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
jerseyboy:
This brilliant boy thar wrote the book Beast of no nation
He's not the same son guy
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by bobnatlo(m): 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
MRSHYCAT:

Most part of Achebe's early life was in umuahia. He schooled there too. He was my classmate in standard 4 ( please don't call me a liar, your children will call you a liar too. lol)
grin grin
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by salford1: 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2018
IamLaura:
Forget the stereotypes
Northerners are one of the most loyal friends anybody can have,they will never betray you if they consider you their own.
You definitely have never lived in the north.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by BudeYahooCom: 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2018
bounty007:
is a million times better to work with a loyal northerner..

than A very very loyal Afon..

guess they're pained.. no yoruba representative. grin

why should she..after seeing and first hand witnessing the bitter hatred from Afons on anything igbo..

yet some fools are asking why she no invite igbo..
camera man choose to captures his friends that came around..
watch the video clips and see lots of igbo's 6lexing the weddings.

but en this Afons are evil...
see as the wickedly wan change the thread make igbos fight themselves on this woman..
one mumu wey claim he's from umuahia even fall victim ranting..

Okonja, eweremmadu chukwumerji, this human have always always represent igbo's interest.. no matter the cost..

2012 okonjo went to senate to enlighten them the disadvantages of sidelining SE from government..

she wan the brain behind the industrialisation of Anambra n south-east in general. with peter Obi..

now the mumu wey say she no do anything for dem for umuahia..
na she be your state governor or minister of works..

she was there wen the country needed her most..
twice they called her... twice she answer and never disappointed..

now please remind me again..

who's our finnace minister.
and what has been her contribution to this government.

when last you even heard her..

crazy NL trols

The smelly ewedurudeens were banned from entering the wedding due to their ritualistic wicked ways to divert attention from their ritualistic ways they started looking for ways to Igbo vs Okonjo strife on the thread. Afonjarudeens think they are smart. grin

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by BudeYahooCom: 10:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
LegitBoy:
Just a few pics of Hausas in the picture,igbos dem don dy rant. I av never seen any tribe as bigoted like the Igbos. The Okonjo iweala that invited them to her son's wedding(not ndigbo's party) nor sabi wetin she dy do? Them don swear for una.

Ewedu buffoon no be your people dey cry say Okonjo no invite Igbo for her son traditional wedding to divert attention from the embarrasment wey she give una for her wedding.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by IamLaura(f): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
salford1:

You definitely have never lived in the north.
I'm based in Abuja so I've met quite a number of them.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by BudeYahooCom: 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2018
LegitBoy:
Ode the two guys aren't igbos? My illiterate brothers? You are obviously mad. Keep playing the victim card.

Close your dirty ewedu mouth. They are your yoruba ewedu ekwensus striving to cause a fight between Igbos. Dirty luciferous oduans.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by BudeYahooCom: 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Nwokem , Anioma is a stone throw from Onicha. Anambra has some very distinct names like Oranyelu, Offorma,Idigo, Mbanefo,Achebe, Oranusi, Izuora ,Obiajulu, Arinze, Orakwue...etc. These names and so many others are names that single you out as Anambra person

Arinze is not peculiar to Anambra alone.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by DerideGull(m): 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
Abagworo:

That's Anambra not Abia and Okonjo-Iweala is not a tribalist like the typical IPOB supporters. The two prominent families sure understand that we Africans and mankind are one people united by love and tolerance.

Dr. Iweala, the husband of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, hails from Umuahia, Abia State.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by kusiroll(m): 10:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
temptnow:
That's not her son, fake news everywhere
Whats fake, u hater
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by OMANBALA1: 12:06am On Jan 03, 2018
BudeYahooCom:

Arinze is not peculiar to Anambra alone.

It was originally an Anambra name until about '60s or so
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by santricedupas(m): 12:33am On Jan 03, 2018
IamLaura:
Forget the stereotypes
Northerners are one of the most loyal friends anybody can have,they will never betray you if they consider you their own.

yeah I agreed, but why was afonja assassinated in 1824 as oba of ilorin

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Paulagada: 12:33am On Jan 03, 2018
dafeyankee:
I no understand.

Why is Bafarawa playing the role of the Dad here?and if the wedding was held in Abia, how come I am seeing more Babariga and Danshiki than any Igbo traditional wear?

I get it. They refused to invite the Igbo's.
Y are young generation of Igbos perceive Hausa/Fulani as enemies while politically exposed Igbos consider them friends and brothers?
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by LegitBoy(m): 12:46am On Jan 03, 2018
BudeYahooCom:

Ewedu buffoon no be your people dey cry say Okonjo no invite Igbo for her son traditional wedding to divert attention from the embarrasment wey she give una for her wedding.
Disgrace wey she give us for her wedding by not inviting them? grin i no kuku blame you nah the stray goats wey dey among us wey dy engage una cause am. This is 2018, make una dy play victim dy go.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by GoldNiagara(m): 1:41am On Jan 03, 2018
IamLaura:
Forget the stereotypes

Wee you kip quiet. Most loyal ko most disloyal ni.Yet she is talking about stereotypes.

2 Likes

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Caseless: 2:10am On Jan 03, 2018
fergie001:
Do not know if true?

enalamah was nominated by abba kyari , not osibanjo.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by fergie001: 2:22am On Jan 03, 2018
Caseless:
enalamah was nominated by abba kyari , not osibanjo.
Maybe,Maybe not..
He was not the party's choice from the state...
All the same,....only God knows whether the man even know where he is from sef...
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Turbocharged: 2:29am On Jan 03, 2018
IamLaura:
Forget the stereotypes
Just like they did in Benue state.

1 Like

Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Caseless: 2:34am On Jan 03, 2018
fergie001:

Maybe,Maybe not..
He was not the party's choice from the state...
All the same,....only God knows whether the man even know where he is from sef...
you know only few people like amosun and kyari were able to nominate for Buhari. I heard enelamah , I heard , once worked with kyari somewhere.
Re: Uchechi Iweala And Chioma Achebe's Traditional Wedding Photos by Caseless: 2:35am On Jan 03, 2018
Turbocharged:

Just like they did in Benue state.
they now represent all of us?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Ondo Rally Vs Nigerian Wedding Reception - Reno Omokri / Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him / Orji Kalu’s Children Meet Ahmad Lawan, Senate President (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.