Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria (42823 Views)

Coronavirus: Wike Announces Total Lockdown In Parts Of Port Harcourt / Intense Lobby, Intrigue Engulf EFCC Over Chairmanship / Nnamdi Kanu To Address Biafrans As Another Fire Engulf Igbo Businesses In Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 03, 2018
Forceup:
It went as if na generator wey fuel finish inside... Or na generator them d use for the national grid

No fuel there

Now that I need to charge my phone angry angry sad sad
Hahaaaa funny enough they use bigger generator grin angry grin grin
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 03, 2018
Light don show.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by iheartellah(m): 12:17am On Jan 03, 2018
Same here in life camp abuja cry
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 03, 2018
Raylight2:
Edo is highly represented. even before the collapse sef, we don join since
Where precisely?
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Happigirl12(f): 12:19am On Jan 03, 2018
shortgun:

thanks dear....this are some of the things this Govt promised to fix but from the look of things we are getting from bad to worse.
Abi? It's tiring.
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 03, 2018
cooltola:
Restructuring is the answer o, Many Northerners are very comfortable without electricity by default, In fact most Hausa I know rarely watch TV , use battery powered radio and old nokia phone . Electricity is not priority to Nigeria Government, they see it as a luxury
point of correction many zombies are very comfortable without electricity.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 03, 2018
coputa:
The light also went off in Warri,delta state,but they just brought it @ about 11:28pm
Where in Warri?
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by jboy01(m): 12:21am On Jan 03, 2018
them don't bring light for my side in Abj o

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 03, 2018
myboy2111:
This is a sign that there is improvement in supply of power nationwide. It is restored here. Kudos to government
Selected places not nationwide

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by londoner: 12:25am On Jan 03, 2018
Okay, so which places/ states are still in darkness? Lets list them here before people lose power to their phones and laptops. Then we'll also know the states in light.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 03, 2018
Dem just bring awa light now now now....

Ogijo, Ogun State

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by iheartellah(m): 12:27am On Jan 03, 2018
Aye!!!! They just restored the electricity here in life camp abuja cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Barney11: 12:27am On Jan 03, 2018
Very happy at least make every body feel wetin we dey suffer for isolo side.
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by GavelSlam: 12:28am On Jan 03, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Selected places not nationwide

But you have electricity.
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 03, 2018
Barney11:
the light don show grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by GavelSlam: 12:29am On Jan 03, 2018
Barney11:

E no work.

Dem don bring the light.

Since your mind be like that. Make dem kuku no give you for your house alone.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by kingxsamz(m): 12:31am On Jan 03, 2018
e neva show for here o... I still dey wait.
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by londoner: 12:32am On Jan 03, 2018
kingxsamz:
e neva show for here o...
I still dey wait.

Where?
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by decomaniaboss(f): 12:34am On Jan 03, 2018
In short my mama rich pass all of una mama ....rubbish.....Buhari is a c.......in short I no fit talk
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Keywordconcept(m): 12:34am On Jan 03, 2018
Well, they just brought the light in Ibadan, Ijokodo precisely.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Happigirl12(f): 12:34am On Jan 03, 2018
no light in Lagos angry
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by somehow: 12:35am On Jan 03, 2018
Too bad OBJ and his friends ate $19B that would have been used to upgrade these equipments during his time.
MrMcJay:
Is it high frequency transmission or high frequency OF transmission?

The power transmission lines are obsolete. Even if we generate above what we're presently generating, the transmission lines would collapse just as it has done.

Apart from power generation and distribution, serious work needs to be done on transmission. Some of the transmission facilities we're using are older than a lot of posters here on Nairaland. They've gone way past their shelf life and are due for replacement and upgrades.
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 03, 2018
I personally don't think there's any iota of truth here. Light has been very good in Ondo State (Akure) as well as Ogun State for the past few weeks.

Even today, Akure is still experiencing over 18hrs power supply.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 03, 2018
GavelSlam:

But you have electricity.
No light
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Happigirl12(f): 12:38am On Jan 03, 2018
sabama007:
I personally don't think there's any iota of truth here. Light has been very good in Ondo State (Akure) as well as Ogun State for the past few weeks.

Even today, Akure is still experiencing over 18hrs power supply.
" Some parts" was the keyword
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by londoner: 12:41am On Jan 03, 2018
Happigirl12:

Which parts states are still in darkness though?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by SODEXSKI(m): 12:41am On Jan 03, 2018
no light yet in Lagos no light yet in Lagos no light yet in Lagos
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by kingxsamz(m): 12:42am On Jan 03, 2018
londoner:

Where?
Badagry
Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 03, 2018
Happigirl12:

Garit sis but not all parts of the country is blessed with constant power supply.

It's better for all posters to be precise with location.

Lagos, Ondo, Benin, Abuja... Are to be streamlined to a particular area.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Chuksmonika(m): 12:43am On Jan 03, 2018
PcNnews:
Reports reaching JoelsBlog is that some part of Nigeria has been engulfed as darkness as Nigeria's Transmission Grid has Collapsed.

According to a JoelsBlog Reader in Abuja the National transmission Grid has just collapsed due to high frequency Transmission, as we speak some parts of Nigeria has gone dark.

See reports;

News by JoelsBlog: https://joelsblog.com.ng/breaking-news-nigerias-transmission-grid-has-just-collapsed/
same thing in Aba,Abia state,it went Low b4 dey took it,and it was restored back within 2hours,but why this Mumu TCN go try carry the new 7000 Megawatts Buhari say dem dey generate,without TCN first upgrading its facilities to accomodate the Load,make this nonsense no happen again oo,Una Nearly burn my new tear rubber tv wey i just Buy,if not that this thing appeared as news,that TCN system collaspe,i would hv blamed Village people,not knowing it is TCN

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria by Dalek(m): 12:43am On Jan 03, 2018
back now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Gives Wads Of New Naira Note To Man Living With Disability / The Soon-To-Be Completed Alausa Multi-Agency Complex In Pictures / Aishah Ahmad Appointed As New CBN Deputy Governor By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.