Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b (1179 Views)

El-rufai Declares N90b Assets / Tinubu’s Firm, Others Get N90b Construction Contract In Ogun / Tinubu’s Firm, Others Get N90b Construction Contract In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Kennyblues(m): 6:19pm On Apr 07, 2010
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has earmarked N90 billion to fight crime, tackle educational decay and solve environmental problems in the state.

This was disclosed by the state Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, Mr. Ben Akabueze.

He disclosed that with N90 billion, the state would be able to tackle these problems.

According to him, N11.5 billion was earmarked in the budget for crime prevention, while N25 billion was budgeted for environmental protection and N53 billion to tackle educational decay.

He disclosed further that N35 billion was earmarked for housing and community amenities, while N24 billion was set aside for health, among others.

On the N40 billion budget cut from the 2010 budget, Akabueze said the state government might consider going for a supplementary budget to cushion the effect of the budget cut.

“It is noteworthy that the 2010 budget will also have a budget assistance input from the World Bank. This is a major contribution to the process of achieving the aims and objectives of the budget,” he said.

The commissioner disclosed that between 2007 and 2008, the state government had received N1.3 billion from the Federal Government as conditional grant plus a marching grant of N565.6 million.

“In the last two years, the 20 local governments and 37 LCDAs have benefited either under rehabilitation or construction of new projects and supply of equipment.

”The scheme delivered at least two Primary Health Care Centres (PHCs) in each LGAs and LCDAs making a total of 114 PHCs that are presently supporting healthcare delivery at the primary level.

“The 2009 grants amounting to N494.5 million which had just been approved is also targeting poverty reducing activities designed to increase the rural economy as well as significant reduction of water borne diseases in the designated LGAs/LCDAs,” he stated.

On the forthcoming 5th Lagos Economic Summit, with the theme, Lagos: Investment Opportunities in Africa’s Emerging Model Mega-city, Akabueze said the summit is to showcase the various investment opportunities available in the state.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Fhemmmy: 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2010
As long as the money is well spent, i think it is a good amount, infact, they might need more, cos education in Lagos needs help.
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by desgiezd(m): 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2010
This topic is terribly misleading. #90illion is not for fighting crime alone.

N11.5 billion was earmarked in the budget for crime prevention, while N25 billion was budgeted for environmental protection and N53 billion to tackle educational decay.
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by chosen04(f): 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2010
@Poster,

Can you kindly edit your story. Its misleading.

Its only N11.5 billion that was earmarked for crime prevention.
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Fhemmmy: 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2010
chosen04:

@Poster,

Some of the posters show what they stand for when you read their posts
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by mamagee3(f): 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2010
chosen04:

@Poster,

So, 11.5 billion Naira is not a lot of money, huh? undecided
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2010
Dear God, billion, million?
Where is this amount coming from?
Surely not in Nigeria where poverty prevails amongst the citizens
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by naijaswag1: 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2010
Give this billions to Lagosian say 10,000/month and see crime reduce drastically.Even if CIA and MOSSAD are contracted,the upsurge in crime will continue to triple.Poverty and joblessness should be tackled,they are the real cause.Nonsense!
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Fhemmmy: 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2010
FL Gators:

Dear God, billion, million?
Where is this amount coming from?
Surely not in Nigeria where poverty prevails amongst the citizens

Haba . . .Let us be real, you mean this is too much to fight crime is crime infested state like Lagos?
How much would be used in NY to fight crime?
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Fhemmmy: 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2010
naija_swag:

Give this billions to Lagosian say 10,000/month and see crime reduce drastically.Even if CIA and MOSSAD are contracted,the upsurge in crime will continue to triple.Poverty and joblessness should be tackled,they are the real cause.Nonsense!

Lol
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by babapupa: 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2010
mama-gee:

So, 11.5 billion Naira is not a lot of money, huh? undecided

Obviously not what he claimed/was claiming. This has to do with the misleading title, not what you misread and miscomprehended.
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by naijaswag1: 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Haba . . .Let us be real, you mean this is too much to fight crime is crime infested state like Lagos?

What is the per capita income of persons living in NY and that of Lagos.What is the unemployment rate in both cities.Use your head.If you like spend 500billion dollars,that is when the crime will surge higher because banks will have enough to be looted and political contractors will be attacked and looted.The problem with Nigeria and Africa is that we don't know what our problem is.
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Iyen ko n se nkan to yami lenu.
Where this amount of money is coming from is where I want to know.
Na every day a thread go talk say "million" "billion" of nairas.
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Fhemmmy: 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2010
FL Gators:

Iyen ko n se nkan to yami lenu.
Where this amount of money is coming from is where I want to know.
Na every day a thread go talk say "million" "billion" of nairas.

There is a lot of money been generated in Lagos per year, just not been managed properly.
And if the federal govt is allocating based on what they are making from the state, it is possible to have that much
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by chic2pimp(m): 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2010
Fhemmmy:

As long as the money is well spent, i think it is a good amount, infact, they might need more, cos education in Lagos needs help.
For Real Man.
Public schools especially the primary schools urgently need serious funding.
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by chosen04(f): 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2010
babapupa:

Obviously not what he claimed/was claiming. This has to do with the misleading title, not what you misread and miscomprehended.

@babapupa

You nxt drink is on mine.

No better way to say it. The post is obviously misleading and should be corrected immediately
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2010
chic2pimp:

For Real Man.

Yes oh, and they need some money for maintenance as well
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2010
chic2pimp:

For Real Man.
urgently, I'm tired of reading bullets from the likes of becommrich

Fhemmmy:

There is a lot of money been generated in Lagos per year, just not been managed properly.
And if the federal govt is allocating based on what they are making from the state, it is possible to have that much
hmmm really. I been say naija is a rich country, you just cant see it
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Apr 07, 2010
FL Gators:

hmmm really. I been say naija is a rich country, you just cant see it

Whoever say nija is poor is a joker. cool
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by chic2pimp(m): 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Yes oh, and they need some money for maintenance as well
That is where the problems lie, 'MAINTENANCE'
Many schools are in the state they currently are cuz of Neglect.

FL Gators:

You'll be suprised but Becoompoor actually attended private owned schools throughout his stay in Nigeria grin grin
That dude is a headcase  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Fhemmmy: 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2010
chic2pimp:

That is where the problems lie, 'MAINTENANCE'
Many schools are in the state they currently are cuz of Neglect.
You'll be suprised but Becoompoor actually attended private owned schools throughout his stay in Nigeria grin grin
That dude is a headcase  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigerians generally have no clue what maintenance is all about.
See some fine houses and see how a little brush of paint cld make them come alive again
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Nigerians generally have no clue what maintenance is all about.
See some fine houses and see how a little brush of paint cld make them come alive again

I made a thread about that a long while ago.
I generally thought it was against Nigeria's culture to repaint their homes after many years of fading
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2010
chic2pimp:

[size=13pt]That is where the problems lie, 'MAINTENANCE' Many schools are in the state they currently are cuz of Neglect.[/size]
That dude is a headcase  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please echo that ooo!!!

@Poster, even if all that N 90billion was applied, in a place like Lagos, I would say GOOD MOVE. That states needs serious work on security to get where it plans to.
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Fhemmmy: 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2010
FL Gators:

I generally thought it was against Nigeria's culture to repaint their homes after many years of fading

I thought as much too.
Also, it beats me when i went to Nigeria and u see a lot of nice homes but the roads that leads there are jungle and nonsense.
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 08, 2010
FLGator said:

Omo e be like say u no know say bobs dey fear say if dem house begin shine again, robbers go assume say betta don land from Yankee, come raid the crib.  grin
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by Kennyblues(m): 10:19am On Apr 08, 2010
Due to public opinion which this medium is meant for, I have actually adjusted the topic to suit the thread as everybody is here to learn from each other.

Thnaks for the responses so far.
Re: Fashola To Fight Crime and others With N90b by doyin13(m): 10:51am On Apr 08, 2010
Considering its secondary allocation for security
to augment the usual allocation to the forces from
the FG, it sounds good.

But there is still a whole lot more to be done, and the
whole 90 billion would probably be gulped in a jiffy by
the demands of security alone.

(1) (Reply)

Top Politicians Linked In N4b Ndlea Cocaine Seizure / Jonathan's Victory Is More Certain Than I Thought / Breaking News Osama's Body Buried At Sea-bbc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.