Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua (2907 Views)

How Stella Odua Diverted Airports Funds By EFCC / Kesington Adebutu Becomes Odole Odua, Obasanjo And Others Present / Adeyinka Grandson: We'll Use Chemical Weapons On FG If Odua Nation Isn't Granted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by SluttanSlayer: 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2019
[s]
Cajal:
u and religion bigotry
Devote ur time and energy for what will benefit u and ur people
This is no other things other than fanaticism
God go save u
Why are u attempting to think for God Almighty
If u are truly a believer ..pray for God Almighty to take control
The south west are the most tolerant in terms of religion.. But unfortunately the same cannot be said of the Nndigbos and Hausa -fulanis
Proudly Afonja

[/s]

*Tolerant or you meant to write stupid
Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by OfficialAPCNig: 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
Last year Ist January, during the Christian cross over night, yoruba moslems were busy massacring and raping their Christians sisters.

A lot of churches were destroyed and properties were looted.

There was a carnage but Yoruba media tried to protray it as a land issue. Thank God for Premium Times, though they under-reported it.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/254386-churches-attacked-ilorin-new-year-day-can.html

Till date, nothing was done to the suspects.

I pity gullible Yoruba Christians. They can't be wiser than Sage Awo, whose political group Egbe Omo Oduduwa wrote an open letter to Yoruba moslem asking them to make a stand on their Islamic religion or yoruba heritage.

Yoruba moslems rarely rent out properties to their Christian, especially in their face-me-I-face apartments.

1 Like

Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by OfficialAPCNig: 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
Cajal:
u and religion bigotry
Devote ur time and energy for what will benefit u and ur people
This is no other things other than fanaticism
God go save u
Why are u attempting to think for God Almighty
If u are truly a believer ..pray for God Almighty to take control
The south west are the most tolerant in terms of religion.. But unfortunately the same cannot be said of the Nndigbos and Hausa -fulanis
Proudly Afonja

Keep deceiving yourself.

Where were you when yoruba moslems were massacring and burning churches at Ilorin during Cross over service?

2 Likes

Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by ziryboy(m): 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2019
BolaAdeyemo:
Most people think that we Yorubas do not have Religious Issues but we do,I am a Christian and I have many Muslim Relatives,the hatred these Muslim harbour against us Christians is Humongous but our people like to cover it up and act like all is well

Take the case of that Phooking Muric president Ishaq something as a case Study,with the way he is Reacting to Every News more the Emir is Quite Alarming, Somebody like that can wipe out We Yoruba Christians just to get a pat on the back from Northerners

WE YORUBA CHRISTIANS should be careful

Tinubu is a Muslim but some of his children are Christian, likewise Sariki who even went to church for his doughther wedding. Stop spreading lies.

1 Like

Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by geletor: 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2019
[quote author=Konquest post=66158332][/quote]
"DIVIDE and CONQUER" ...I like your tactics!!
Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by geletor: 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2019
Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by geletor: 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2019
Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by geletor: 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by food4tot: 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
@OP

Ilorin was a small town in the Oyo Empire by the beginning of the 19th century. Afonja, Baale of Ilorin, who also held the title of Are Ona Kakanfo of the Oyo Empire, rebelled against his king, the Alafin of Oyo, in 1817. (There is no space here for the reasons for his rebellion). In order to sustain his rebellion, he was desperate to build a large and powerful army. To that end, he did a number of desperate things.

First, he invited the people of nearby villages to move to Ilorin and turn Ilorin into a large town. Many people so moved, but most refused.
...I couldn't continue at this point.

Afonja must have used either Channels TV, NTA, Vanguard, Whatsapp, Facebook for his deeds abi?

Just like in Ibadan and Abeokuta, people moved for safety reasons. The smaller villages were probably no longer safe from slave traders, jihadist and the looming war.
Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by Cajal(m): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Keep deceiving yourself.

Where were you when yoruba moslems were massacring and burning churches at Ilorin during Cross over service?
...but kwara is predominantly fulani
Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by TheDevilIsALai: 7:52am On Feb 04, 2020
Bump
Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by FeloniousFelon: 11:32am On Oct 02, 2020
Bump
Re: How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua by JudasPriest: 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
The fulanis have the yaribanza Muslim backing .

All the useless Yaribanza baales selling lands and forests to Fulani are Muslims.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Was Jailed By Yoruba Magistrate In Lagos-prof Ben Nwabueze / BREAKING NEWS: APC To Form Interim Government If Atiku Wins / Public Sector: Ugwuanyi Moves To Constitute EXCO As Security Committee Finalizes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.